All times are UTC

Has Bruno Senna done enough?
Yes, he has done enough to stay at Williams 36%  36%  [ 41 ]
No, he has done enough to stay in F1 but not at Williams 23%  23%  [ 26 ]
No, he has not done enough to stay in F1 altogether 42%  42%  [ 48 ]
Total votes : 115
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 pm 

Senna staying in 2013?

Apparently Bruno's management had a meeting with the team and they agreed on the demands the team proposed for 2013.

That's what I at least understood:

http://translate.google.be/translate?twu=1?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//tazio.uol.com.br/f1/patrocinador-de-bruno-senna-segue-em-negociacao-com-a-williams

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 pm 

Just a remark: Both Senna and Raikkonnen are the leaders on "best overtakes" on PF1's "teammate wars". And to PF1 Senna is the better of the two in TMW, 10-8 score to Maldonado.

Just sayin' ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm 

What still speaks against Senna, and has all season, is the fact Bottas has been given the amount of time on track he's been given. Williams clearly has some kind of plan for him - I don't know what it is, but I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't a race driver in F1 by 2014 at the very latest.

We'll just have to wait and see. That article was interesting, but until something is announced, Maldonado doesn't have a contract, Senna doesn't have a contract, and neither does anyone else.
I'd still think Maldonado/Bottas in 2013, but Williams will decide and then we'll see who actually is driving for them in 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 am 

I think the simple answer is yes, the car is usually very competitive or very poor, senna has managed to score points consistently, he didn't have much set up or development time and lets face it has been at a disadvantage all year, if his sponsors agree to bolster Williams budget shortfall they would be silly to get rid of a consistent driver for a rookie. Of Pirelli tires are better next year i think you will see him in Q3 more often and from that more points finishes higher up the grid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 am 

I think just like most current drivers he has a place in F1 but so do guys losing their seat last year, thinking of Alguersuari, Buemi, d'Ambrosio, Heidfeld and maybe even Sutil. And than not to forget Kubica. There just aren't enough seats in F1.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm 

Tbf minus his 2009 test with Honda, HRT 2010 (not real experience), a few sessions and races for Lotus he hasn't had much experience in an F1 car, so in my mind this is really his first full season in a decent formula one car. Yes his qualifying hasn't been the best but I think its similar to Button's struggles with the Pirellis and operating window also at some races he loses his FP1 to Bottas (Can't help). He has consistently scored points at races this season (9-4) even when his teammate has not. To say Senna is under performing the FW-34 is true but the team and Maldonado have also under performed as I believe they should be ahead of both the Force India's in both championships. Anyway back to the subject I think he should be given one more year to see if he can perform with the new pirellis and see if there is room for growth from his first year at Williams, if not put in Bottas for 2014.