It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 pm 

@Qiwater

Nice flame baiting!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
@Qiwater

We're talking about Vettel and Alonso not Button.. Why did you need to mention him? We were talking about the need for vettel and Alonso to just maintain a lead by going back for lost points compared to then amount of points Lewis lost.

Shows you have one serious hang up about JB that you needed to bring him into it lol

Lewis had a team but Jenson strolled into Hamilton's team and took it off him

:-P

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
@Qiwater

We're talking about Vettel and Alonso not Button.. Why did you need to mention him? We were talking about the need for vettel and Alonso to just maintain a lead by going back for lost points compared to then amount of points Lewis lost.

Shows you have one serious hang up about JB that you needed to bring him into it lol

If you are going to join in please look for what Qiwater was actually replying to before being a smartie pants!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
@Qiwater

If you are going to join in please look for what Qiwater was actually replying to before being a smartie pants!

Common fella, I meant that in jest but surely you can see the irony in what you said as you did just about the same thing in another thread?

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
@Qiwater

Common fella, I meant that in jest but surely you can see the irony in what you said as you did just about the same thing in another thread?

No jest from you, that post of mine is from another thread regarding Lewis's building a team, to which I posted that he had a team but couldn't hold off the challenge to stay number 1 in the team he grew up with. Don't come on this one to stir up the Button hate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
@Qiwater

The thing though Jenson did have something to do with the topic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 pm 

And Jenson has nothing to do with McLarens nightmare season, I think you guys are struggling to be objective.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:50 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
And Jenson has nothing to do with McLarens nightmare season, I think you guys are struggling to be objective.

Jenson had nothing to do with Qiwater's post witch was a flame bait post a best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:04 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

Jenson had nothing to do with Qiwater's post witch was a flame bait post a best.

So tell me why STR's post was any different in the other thread?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
dave_the_fish wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

Because Str's had something to do with Jenson, Qiwater's post did not. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
dave_the_fish wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

Because Str's had something to do with Jenson, Qiwater's post did not. :)

But the thread was not about Jenson? Agree to disagree cuz thus is gonna go no where fast???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:25 pm 

@Qiwater

I was responding to the fact that you cannot bring yourself to admit that Mclaren due to team error have lost Lewis 100 odd points .
I then explained why it was difficult for you to admit it . Alonso and Vettel have gained from those losses but Alonso has been on form this year and Vettel off his usual form but good enough to be leading the championship.
None of that is important to you and none of that is why you are so vehemently in denial of Mclaren's failure towards Lewis .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 pm 

Qiwater wrote:
@Qiwater

I was responding to the fact that you cannot bring yourself to admit that Mclaren due to team error have lost Lewis 100 odd points .
I then explained why it was difficult for you to admit it . Alonso and Vettel have gained from those losses but Alonso has been on form this year and Vettel off his usual form but good enough to be leading the championship.
None of that is important to you and none of that is why you are so vehemently in denial of Mclaren's failure towards Lewis .

I have not said that I'm the slightest, I've said they have but Ferrari and Red Bull have lost their drivers points too.. Yes not so many as Lewis has lost but it doesn't need to be as many because they have a lead over Lewis and would only need a few to keep them ahead.

Please read that for once and stop putting words into my mouth!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
@Qiwater

Nice flame baiting!

No it was an observation....but do tell me how we can discuss a thread about Mclarens nightmare season and not mention Lewis and Jenson . If it was meant as a technical thread only, then it would have been on the in depth forum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:16 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
Stop trolling and watch F1

The points MCL lost diue team errors sloe stops, and unreliability would have been easily enough to lead both WCs.

Oh FFS you could say that for EVERY team on the grid.

If HRT didn't have such a crappy design team and unreliability from brakes and hydraulics they would be leading both championships.

No, you could not.

This HRT argument is absolutely BS.
HRT was never in the position to fight for a WDC, or even points how can you say how much 0 points they have lost from their 0 points?
yOu could also say if pigs had wings they could fly.

But even if you gave pigs wings they would never be able to fly, because they would be too heavy for it

i think boeing 747 is just a bit heavier than a regular pig.

also : same logic, if vettel had good alternators, WDC would be over already

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:22 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:

Sure he does... how dare he breathe the air that Lewis does. How dare Jenson to not let Lewis outscore himself by a decent margin. I say that's pretty foul on JB's part. The nerve! The cheek! Off with his head!!!

I guess this sums up the mood of some of the Lewis fans... and some Lewis fans actually wonder why people are defending JB so much :P

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:33 pm 

garagetinkerer wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

Sure he does... how dare he breathe the air that Lewis does. How dare Jenson to not let Lewis outscore himself by a decent margin. I say that's pretty foul on JB's part. The nerve! The cheek! Off with his head!!!

I guess this sums up the mood of some of the Lewis fans... and some Lewis fans actually wonder why people are defending JB so much :P

I'm sorry sir, I think you have walked innocently past the point I was making, I'll leave it to you to have a little re read.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:46 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

I'm sorry sir, I think you have walked innocently past the point I was making, I'll leave it to you to have a little re read.

I'm sorry... but if you don't mind, would you please clarify...

Also, please ignore the post, and accept my apologies in advance if it is a mere misunderstanding on my part.

Though seriously, this Jenson hate is seriously on my nerves... same with Vettel... God i just wish these "so called fans" would leave the sport alone.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 pm 

garagetinkerer wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

I'm sorry... but if you don't mind, would you please clarify...

Also, please ignore the post, and accept my apologies in advance if it is a mere misunderstanding on my part.

Though seriously, this Jenson hate is seriously on my nerves... same with Vettel... God i just wish these "so called fans" would leave the sport alone.

If you find the origin of my quote you might see the thing you hate happening to Jenson actually happens to other, if not all drivers and fans alike, It might take some reading though but baiting seems to be commonplace on this forum even by people who claim to be appalled by the baiting, I'm inadvertently doing it now FFS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm 

I thought this was an interesting read.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... Laren.html

It says "INCREDIBLY, Hamilton has potentially lost 148 points this season due to mechanical and pitstop problems, while Button could have lost up to 37 points". It always shows every race where they've lost lost potential points.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm 

emski wrote:

It says "INCREDIBLY, Hamilton has potentially lost 148 points this season due to mechanical and pitstop problems, while Button could have lost up to 37 points". It always shows every race where they've lost lost potential points.

I stopped reading right after points lost in Australia... Well he started 1st, but it was not the team who did him there, but it was Button. The team did cost him 2nd perhaps. Perhaps as Vettel would have taken him anyways, but sure as heck McLaren didn't need to make it easy for them. the points gap between 2nd and 3rd is not 10, so i stopped reading...

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm 

garagetinkerer wrote:
emski wrote:

I stopped reading right after points lost in Australia... Well he started 1st, but it was not the team who did him there, but it was Button. The team did cost him 2nd perhaps. Perhaps as Vettel would have taken him anyways, but sure as heck McLaren didn't need to make it easy for them. the points gap between 2nd and 3rd is not 10, so i stopped reading...

It's the Sun, I don't think anyone takes it seriously.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm 

emski wrote:

I also stopped after Oz....lost points 10, Button did him up like a kipper at the start...thats LewLews mistake!

Nico Hulkenburg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 pm 

Quote:
GERMAN GP: Hamilton qualified in eighth but is forced to retire after picking up a puncture while running in eighth place. (Potential Points Lost: 4)

Punctures, the teams fault :lol:

Doesn't mention the faulty fuel pumps were supplied by the engine supplier so nothing to do with McLaren AND as for every race they have lost potential points. What about JBs misdiagnosed gearbox in Canada?

typical slap dash sun reporting :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:42 pm 

emski wrote:

You can argue about the nuances of each incident and how many points it really did cost but Lewis surely would have easily been leading at this point, if not already won it. He has easily been the best driver this year, made fewer mistakes than Alonso or Vettel and has gained immense respect from fans and critics alike after his dismal performance last year. Things can only get better for him from here on and here is to hoping that the team and the car dont fail him next year :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 pm 

Johnston wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
emski wrote:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/11/a ... -hamilton/
James Allen :
Estimated total of lost points: 110 points

Allen is not a tabloid journalist.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
emski wrote:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/11/a ... -hamilton/
James Allen :
Estimated total of lost points: 110 points

Allen is not a tabloid journalist.

Didnt you hear, some of these guys out here know more than him and not surprisingly you would find these usual suspects baiting Hamilton in every single thread and then accusing the rest of not liking other drivers. Make of that what you will ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 pm 

Why are we estimating the points he lost?

What about if vettel didnt have an alternator failure, are we going to estimate his points for that too. What about Alonso being RoGro'd in turn 1, can we estimate his points lost there too since it wasnt his fault.

The whole idea of this is a way of shifting blame. McLaren have had a horrible year and are looking to finish 3rd in a car that should have taken WCC and WDC but they screwed it up, they (as in everyone, team, drivers, mechanics, designers, everyone) need to take responsibility and fix it for next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm 

Bakerking31 wrote:
Why are we estimating the points he lost?

It doesnt serve a practical purpose but puts in perspective the magnitude of errors the team or the car has had over the season for one driver. It will be foolish on anybody's part to claim that any other driver (maybe bar MS) has lost so much this season as Lewis has due to a unreliable team or car. And that is why reputed F1 journalists like James Allen have done such articles on Lewis and not any other driver.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 pm 

Just one more DNF for Lewis and Jenson can beat him this year. A repeat of Abu Dhabi would see Jenson pull level.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 pm 

lamo wrote:
Just one more DNF for Lewis and Jenson can beat him this year. A repeat of Abu Dhabi would see Jenson pull level.

And this pretty much sums up this season for Jenson and Lewis.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 pm 

Trouble is, unless you factor in bad luck like tyre failures etc., for other drivers as well, especially ones who were ahead of Lewis in any race, then it is merely a lopsided effort. Yes, he did lose some points, but 100 odd? it is time to get "lawyered" then...

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 am 

The days of Anonymous Rosberg are coming to an end... he's gonna have a lot of haters next year judging by some posts in this thread. Schumacher fans never badmouthed Nico in this way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm 

garagetinkerer wrote:
Trouble is, unless you factor in bad luck like tyre failures etc., for other drivers as well, especially ones who were ahead of Lewis in any race, then it is merely a lopsided effort. Yes, he did lose some points, but 100 odd? it is time to get "lawyered" then...

This :thumbup:

Take

Quote:
Europe – Slow pit stop when running third drops him to sixth and behind ultimate race winner Alonso. Spun out on final lap from third after collision with Pastor Maldonado while struggling with tyre wear. Estimated points loss: 15 (based on likely position ahead of Maldonado in closing stages without pit-stop delay)

Well I'll do this again. to stop the argument from being lop sided you have to factor in RoGro and Seb back in . He would never have caught them Seb had something like a 20 second lead before the safety car.

So instead of running third he would be running 5th. And he would have been running fifth his tyres were no where near good enough to hold off Alonso and Kimi as we all seen passed him anyway.

Take out the collision and he would have likely been 6th as Maldo would have finished also (No collision remember) and he had the legs on him in the final laps due to the tyre problem. Like it or not he was a sitting duck in the DRS.

So thats 8 points lost not 15.

But then how far back do you go to correct the balance of misfortune?

Quali? Then you have Mark had no DRS, Fix his DRS he would have quali'd higher, we seen the pace of the Red Bulls so theres another car possible in front so from losing 15 points it's 6.

Heck if he got out got out in front of alonso they could have took each other out.

Quote:
Spain – Qualifies on pole but demoted to back of the grid for McLaren fuel infringement. Finishes eighth. Estimated points loss: 21

On a season where only 50% of the pole sitters have gone on to win 25 points was never guaranteed. He and Maldo could have chewed their tyres fighting handing the win to Alonso or Kimi.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:05 pm 

Johnston wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:

This :thumbup:

Take

Quote:
Europe – Slow pit stop when running third drops him to sixth and behind ultimate race winner Alonso. Spun out on final lap from third after collision with Pastor Maldonado while struggling with tyre wear. Estimated points loss: 15 (based on likely position ahead of Maldonado in closing stages without pit-stop delay)

Well I'll do this again. to stop the argument from being lop sided you have to factor in RoGro and Seb back in . He would never have caught them Seb had something like a 20 second lead before the safety car.

So instead of running third he would be running 5th. And he would have been running fifth his tyres were no where near good enough to hold off Alonso and Kimi as we all seen passed him anyway.

Take out the collision and he would have likely been 6th as Maldo would have finished also (No collision remember) and he had the legs on him in the final laps due to the tyre problem. Like it or not he was a sitting duck in the DRS.

So thats 8 points lost not 15.

But then how far back do you go to correct the balance of misfortune?

Quali? Then you have Mark had no DRS, Fix his DRS he would have quali'd higher, we seen the pace of the Red Bulls so theres another car possible in front so from losing 15 points it's 6.

Heck if he got out got out in front of alonso they could have took each other out.

Quote:
Spain – Qualifies on pole but demoted to back of the grid for McLaren fuel infringement. Finishes eighth. Estimated points loss: 21

On a season where only 50% of the pole sitters have gone on to win 25 points was never guaranteed. He and Maldo could have chewed their tyres fighting handing the win to Alonso or Kimi.

We keep saying it but they keep ignoring it because it doesn't fit what they want

If you correct scoring for Lewis's misfortune you have to for everyone else and he still wouldn't be leading the championship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 pm 

lamo wrote:

I think it's sad if he needs 6 or 7 DNFs from Hamilton to be on par with him in points. This is nothing he can write home about. I would not call it beating, to profit from anothers mishaps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:19 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
Lojik wrote:
In a word disastrous, considering the general pace of the car. I would be hesitant however to lay all the blame at MW's door as the failures appear to me to be pretty much team wide, with the possible exception of the drivers. MW may get the blame for Hamilton's departure, but who's to say he wouldn't have left no matter what McLaren had offered him.

The exception is one driver, not both drivers. And this guy decided to walk away as a consquence of the bad team performance.

This season Mclaren lost all they could have lost
WDC, WCC & their best driver
They could have easily won both champpionships & Lewis would have stayed, if the had concentrated on the right things.

Lewis was a weak link this year. Inconsistent and distracted. He is no longer a sports man but a sports celebrity. He never had much focus, but now he has loads.......its just on popstardom and twitter. He is a celeb now and his utter failure this season is huge, undeniable proof of that. And just look at the reasons for his move to Merc, to tap into personal sponsorship....not the mentality of someone with their head in the game frankly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 pm 

garagetinkerer wrote:

Vettel , Alonso, Kimi have profited from Hamiltons mishaps & DNFs . I think it evens out their own bad luck, Hamilton has lost even so about 100 p to them

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm 

O'k. Can we agree that for Johnston and his buddies, what ever Hamilton does is not good enough, and walk away. I have never seen a group so determined to discredit a fellow. It either goes 2 ways. He lost loads of points and bringing up any other driver is not comparable, including Vettel as the points lost would eclipse his 2 alternator advantage. Or just be "different" and say he is not good enough. Truly I would love to know where you stand on Hamilton, Johnston. Is he crap? Is he good? Is it impossible for you to acknowledge the guy when the percentage of F1 fans think he is a top tier drive?
If Alonso had such bad (don't know what to call it when addressing you... as you make your own luck!) form, would you say he deserved it or would you deny him the fact that they would still be in the hunt has he made his own luck.
The argument that reliability has not totally crippled Hamilton's WDC is almost pythonesque. You guys say this stuff and keep a straight face when you know its bullshit, and If you don't then mate something is wrong in the state of Denmark!.
Its the same as pitting Ali against Henry Cooper, and fixing Ali's shoelaces together. Then saying it was a fair fight when Ali looses, and preventing anyone else from protesting about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 pm 

XRV750 wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
Lojik wrote:
In a word disastrous, considering the general pace of the car. I would be hesitant however to lay all the blame at MW's door as the failures appear to me to be pretty much team wide, with the possible exception of the drivers. MW may get the blame for Hamilton's departure, but who's to say he wouldn't have left no matter what McLaren had offered him.

The exception is one driver, not both drivers. And this guy decided to walk away as a consquence of the bad team performance.

This season Mclaren lost all they could have lost
WDC, WCC & their best driver
They could have easily won both champpionships & Lewis would have stayed, if the had concentrated on the right things.

Lewis was a weak link this year. Inconsistent and distracted. He is no longer a sports man but a sports celebrity. He never had much focus, but now he has loads.......its just on popstardom and twitter. He is a celeb now and his utter failure this season is huge, undeniable proof of that. And just look at the reasons for his move to Merc, to tap into personal sponsorship....not the mentality of someone with their head in the game frankly.

Why not add he hunts down baby seals with a club too?
Ps you may want to look in his official thread to see why he wanted to do less Promotional work. Its as far from what you see of him as possible.