planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am 

Talk about pot, kettle, black. :uhoh:

Quote:
Alonso remains calm, cool, and rational, while Vettel most of times gets upset, angry, screams and flicks the middle finger. He reacts like a child.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104210

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 am 

Villeneuve is so right

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 am 

Well, he does seem to get upset and angry, and has been known to scream/shout. But many drivers are guilty of flipping the bird.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 am 

Sad attempts to get the spotlight on him :) Alonso was never under pressure this year (he deliberately downplayed his car to achieve that). We know that Alonso under pressure is not a pretty sight either: 2006 ("My team don't want me to win WDC!") and 2007 (no comment needed).

I'm truly impressed with Vettel's driving when under pressure lately (and he was equally flawless in the closing stages of 2010). Aloso may be better than before but that's just a speculation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 am 

Yep, Alonso was so cool and level headed when he was waving at Webber in Abu Dhabi for daring to be within 50 yards of him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 pm 

Jacques is being so sanctimonious here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm 

sivapc wrote:
Jacques is being so sanctimonious here.

Pretty much. LOL

Vettel gets out of hand at times, but which driver hasn't? I can't remember Button doing anything of the sort. Nor Massa or Kimi. Can't remember Schumacher acting "like a child"... just like an idiot. Both of this year's title contenders have in the past. C'mon, JV, move along. It's time for your meds and bath time now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm 

Is it too far-fetched to suggest Villeneuve spews out his controversial opinions every season just to remind everyone that he is still around, somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Yep, Alonso was so cool and level headed when he was waving at Webber in Abu Dhabi for daring to be within 50 yards of him.

And at Petrov in 2010 for daring to be in front of him, even if by rights!

Wasn't Alonso supposed to have screamed at his own team bosses after the Indian GP for commenting that it was his fault for not having qualified better?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 pm 

Classic JV, F1's trolling machine!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:29 pm 

RaisinChips wrote:
Is it too far-fetched to suggest Villeneuve spews out his controversial opinions every season just to remind everyone that he is still around, somewhere?

My thought exactly. I'm so sick of this guy... Freakin' attention whore!

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 pm 

He's not wrong. Vettel does act like a child, a spoilt brat, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:36 pm 

Seems like not only us dislike him lol!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm 

Another interesting part is this regarding Vettel's last race:
Quote:
For me, it has confirmed what I think about Vettel," he added. "These are facts: while recovering from the back, he first got in contact with Senna who was ahead of him and damaged his front wing.

"Then he lost control of his car and crashed under the safety car. A very serious error that had light consequences. As for the rest, he has shown to be super quick, but he was lucky and I'm not changing my mind: Alonso deserves the 2012 title more

Pretty much what many thought around here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm 

Villeneuve's corpse popped up again lol. A sad figure that desperately tries to get some attention by trolling around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:55 pm 

superuser wrote:
Sad attempts to get the spotlight on him :) Alonso was never under pressure this year (he deliberately downplayed his car to achieve that). We know that Alonso under pressure is not a pretty sight either: 2006 ("My team don't want me to win WDC!") and 2007 (no comment needed).

I'm truly impressed with Vettel's driving when under pressure lately (and he was equally flawless in the closing stages of 2010). Aloso may be better than before but that's just a speculation.

I agree when JV says that Vettel has a childish reaction, but so did Alonso in 2007 and 2010, and Vettel drove great under pressure in 2010, while Alonso made mistakes under pressure in 2006, 2007, 2010. So what JV says about "under pressure" is dead wrong.

Remember Alonso waggling the wheel in China 2006? That was little more than him saying "aaah, Michael's going to beat me nooooo!" The only reason Michael didn't go on to win the title was because his engine went bang in Japan... (and a car problem in Brazil too).

In 2007 and 2010 his rivals' cars held up, and he was made to pay for his mistakes. Still, he has another chance in 2012.

Last edited by Eva09 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm 

Classic case of projection

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Remember Alonso waggling the wheel in China 2006? That was little more than him saying "aaah, Michael's going to beat me nooooo!" The only reason Michael didn't go on to win the title was because his engine went bang in Japan... (and a car problem in Brazil too).

It may be the only reason if we conventiently forget that Schumacher crashed out in Melbourne, parked in Monaco and damaged his car banging with other cars at Hungaroring losing valuable points. Also Alonso had DNFs not his own fault at Hungaroring and Monza losing valuable points.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm 

RaisinChips wrote:
Eva09 wrote:

It may be the only reason if we conventiently forget that Schumacher crashed out in Melbourne, parked in Monaco and damaged his car banging with other cars at Hungaroring losing valuable points. Also Alonso had DNFs not his own fault at Hungaroring and Monza losing valuable points.

Heidfeld hit Schumacher at Hungaroring, not the other way round. Schumacher also had to contend with hopelessly uncompetitive Bridgestone wet tyres, 10 place penalty for engine change in one of the early races (Malaysia?).

My real point was it was the reason Michael didn't *go on* to win the title. I wasn't talking about the earlier season, but I suppose you could do some sort of analysis for that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 pm 

tought they both did...not just vettel :S guess i was wrong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:11 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Heidfeld hit Schumacher at Hungaroring, not the other way round. Schumacher also had to contend with hopelessly uncompetitive Bridgestone wet tyres, 10 place penalty for engine change in one of the early races (Malaysia?).

My real point was it was the reason Michael didn't *go on* to win the title. I wasn't talking about the earlier season, but I suppose you could do some sort of analysis for that.

It was a racing incident. He was overly aggressive defending with worn intermediates, first against PdlR and then Heidfeld, and kept cutting the chicane to stay ahead (yet ridiculously no penalty for him). When the other driver was on the inside and they went toward the chicane side by side Schumacher just cut the chicane several times. With his rough driving it was no surprise then that there was contact causing damage to the suspension that led to retirement.

He could have won the title but throughout the season he made too many costly mistakes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm 

Bit much coming from a guy who would start a fight over Tomato sauce to mark his turf.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Bit much coming from a guy who would start a fight over Tomato sauce to mark his turf.

Or, after becoming WDC, flushed his own career down the toilet for the money

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm 

I like Vettel and even though it's hypocritical coming from JV, he does has a point. Vettel's reaction when things aren't going his way is his worst quality.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm 

Dam_Noir wrote:
I like Vettel and even though it's hypocritical coming from JV, he does has a point. Vettel's reaction when things aren't going his way is his worst quality.

Thing is though, is it much worse than Alonso's? That's who JV is comparing him two. In isolation the comment about Vettel is not too far from the truth (although I still feel it is a little harsh) but compared to Alonso I don't think Vettel is any worse behaved.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:16 pm 

Yeah but it's Jacques Villeneuve. If it were David Coulthard people would be slating him as a guy who only won in a world beating car......
Villeneuve can say what he likes, he's a noone now!
I would say Vettel is the more complete driver lately because he has not bothered with the politics where as Alonso has used them all year along with the sandbagging.....and then some!
Hamilton and Button seem to have used them at some point too.
The off track quote of the year from Alonso must be the one about him fighting Newey and Vetell, like it's anyone elses problem thet the Ferrari aerodynamicist is apparently (allegedly) not up to the job. Well that's what i concluded from Alonso's statement! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Thing is though, is it much worse than Alonso's? That's who JV is comparing him two. In isolation the comment about Vettel is not too far from the truth (although I still feel it is a little harsh) but compared to Alonso I don't think Vettel is any worse behaved.

Retrospectively of course not, but since Abu Dhabi 2010 with his outburst regards Petrov he seems to have sorted it out. Whereas off the top off my head I can think of numerous times this year where Vettel has had a moan about something, such as Malaysia, Hungary, Korea and Abu Dhabi.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 pm 

Seeing as both JV and SV are human beings, it's largely unsurprising to me that one of them tries to get attention in a way he knows will be successful, whilst the other gets frustrated when he is 25 years old and has a slight change in fortune.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm 

Rich coming from JV.

Anyway Alonso is just as bad for his childish outbursts. 2007 when he kicked a door down in China, Hungary quali, late 2006 when he started saying Renault didn't want him to win, Valencia a few years ago when he started shouting about Hamilton on the radio, Abu Dhabi 2010 when he started on Petrov for just doing his job...

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

Dam_Noir wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Retrospectively of course not, but since Abu Dhabi 2010 with his outburst regards Petrov he seems to have sorted it out. Whereas off the top off my head I can think of numerous times this year where Vettel has had a moan about something, such as Malaysia, Hungary, Korea and Abu Dhabi.

Maybe because since Abu Dhabi Alonso hasn't been in a tight fight for the title until now when coincidentally Alonso seems to comment lauder on Ferrari's lack of development or the Newey factor or on Hamilton as the only worthy opponent?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:26 pm 

Greg92 wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Maybe because since Abu Dhabi Alonso hasn't been in a tight fight for the title until now when coincidentally Alonso seems to comment lauder on Ferrari's lack of development or the Newey factor or on Hamilton as the only worthy opponent?

But Alonso's recent comments are more underhand than Vettel calling Karthikeyan an idiot and a cucumber, moaning at his team to "do something" when he wasn't able to overtake Jenson, moaning at his engineer about Massa been out on track and most recently moaning about Ricciardo warming up his brakes under the SC.

Afterall this thread is about Vettel reacting like a child and whatever mind games Alonso is trying to play he hasn't really been childish about it.

But in all fairness to Seb, if he sorts this small negative aspect of his attitude out before the age of 29 then he's grown up quicker than Alonso has in that regard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 pm 

Oh, Villeneuve. How you never cease to amaze me with your ability to spout complete crap.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm 

As usual Villeneuve is talking out of his pickle. I remember I used to read his "Raw Neuve" column in F1 Racing and never once agreed with any of it. As others above have said, both Vettel and Alonso (and many of the other drivers on the grid) have been known to spit their dummy out when things don't go their way. If anything Alonso has a worse record of this than Vettel does.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm 

Didnt like JV when he was a driver, ans wont waste my time reading his thoughts now, but there are youngsters who act old and those who act young.
You dont always see what they really think, just what is presented to us by the media. Immature? Yes, I think so. Anything wrong with that? Depends how he reacts with others.

SV seems a nice enough guy, even if I am not a fan of his.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:01 pm 

Autosport wrote:
"Seb is super quick, but there is a difference with Fernando that emerges in case of an unfavourable situation.

"Alonso remains calm, cool, and rational, while Vettel most times gets upset, angry, screams and flicks the middle finger. He reacts like a child.

"These behaviours indicate two different states of maturity but, let's be clear, Sebastian is an ace too; however, he struggles more in critical situations.

I'm guessing Jacques the lad fell asleep during the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix? As much sense as he talks some of the time, it's nonsense the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:20 pm 

Whats with all the anti Villeneuve stuff? If anyone should know about this stuff it is Jacques after all ;) It's not like he's denying that he ever acted that way when he was in F1. If anything having acted that way he can comment about it as he has the experience.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 pm 

Londinium wrote:
Whats with all the anti Villeneuve stuff? If anyone should know about this stuff it is Jacques after all ;) It's not like he's denying that he ever acted that way when he was in F1. If anything having acted that way he can comment about it as he has the experience.

But he never says it about himself :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm 

moby wrote:
Londinium wrote:

But he never says it about himself :D

And, as much as I often agree with him, even to a certain extent this time, he rides on his father's coattails. See his piece for Sky at Montreal this year driving his father's Ferrari. As good as it was, his first reference is how the seat fits without adjustment and he seems to keep comparing himself. He probably thinks he's better, but never gets the credit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm 

He always has something too say. I might agree that Vettel can not be considered a great and i dont rate him as high as Alo/Ham/Kimi but i dont agree with him being childish. Seb is a cool guy down too earth and pretty darn funny. (Kimi impersonation)