planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am 

Why would he regret it now? He's not even worked a single day there yet!

2013: 12th
2014: 38th

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 pm 

Miffy wrote:
He will do next season when he cannot even fight for the win.

Like he could this season????

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm 

I support this thread :)

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm 

BrazilLastCorner2008 wrote:
Why would he regret it now? He's not even worked a single day there yet!

Yes, it's funny how some people can read the future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 pm 

No vodafone sponsor this week i see

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:

No Vodafone own a big chunk of Verizon ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 am 

Johnston wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:

No Vodafone own a big chunk of Verizon ;)

oh right that explains a lot then, have never even heard of Verizon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am 

Seems Lewis has refuted MWs comments

"I was a little surprised to hear that, it's absolutely not the case,"

"I'm very, very happy with the decision I have made."

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Samaritan wrote:
3 mechanical failure for Lewis in 3 races,at this level and at this stage of the season is really professional and operational malpractice,Im sure they will have perfectly innocent and reasonable explanation for each but its looking like not giving a 100 percent to me to put it charitably

what even stranger is that the media have accept it and not even asking the obvious questions.Lewis had to come out AGAIN and inform the world that he had a failure.the failure happened on lap 18 and some how all the pitlane hang abouts and expert like Garry Anderson and Ted cravitz either didnt notice or were not intrested.

The fia didnt broad cast the radio transmission of one of the championship contenders having a mechanical failure.......It look like the old boyz club and the media are closing ranks and turning a blind eye to whats going on.........

Hold on Lewis and we your greatest fan will hold on...one month to go

See the bold bit think about it and wonder why that is.

He's had 3 failures. A gearbox, a Shock absorber and now an Anti Roll bar. three unrealted failures.

3 different things. If one was in Oz an other in Monza and one in Brazil people wouldn't be thinking twice about them.

Like do people think McLaren seriously went to the hassle of making a weaker anti-roll bar or putting in a weaker bolt, or purposefully making a faulty shock?

Facts speak for themselves. One thing that has skipped everyone's mind is what happened at the beginning of Last season. LH finished ahead of JB in the points and when time came for car number allocation, Mclaren gave JB the no 3 car and Lewis no 4. Two days later the wrote the FIA to switch it around. Little things like this and other things that come into play over last season and this one makes you wonder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 pm 

spoch wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Samaritan wrote:
3 mechanical failure for Lewis in 3 races,at this level and at this stage of the season is really professional and operational malpractice,Im sure they will have perfectly innocent and reasonable explanation for each but its looking like not giving a 100 percent to me to put it charitably

what even stranger is that the media have accept it and not even asking the obvious questions.Lewis had to come out AGAIN and inform the world that he had a failure.the failure happened on lap 18 and some how all the pitlane hang abouts and expert like Garry Anderson and Ted cravitz either didnt notice or were not intrested.

The fia didnt broad cast the radio transmission of one of the championship contenders having a mechanical failure.......It look like the old boyz club and the media are closing ranks and turning a blind eye to whats going on.........

He's had 3 failures. A gearbox, a Shock absorber and now an Anti Roll bar. three unrealted failures.

3 different things. If one was in Oz an other in Monza and one in Brazil people wouldn't be thinking twice about them.

Like do people think McLaren seriously went to the hassle of making a weaker anti-roll bar or putting in a weaker bolt, or purposefully making a faulty shock?

Facts speak for themselves. One thing that has skipped everyone's mind is what happened at the beginning of Last season. LH finished ahead of JB in the points and when time came for car number allocation, Mclaren gave JB the no 3 car and Lewis no 4. Two days later the wrote the FIA to switch it around. Little things like this and other things that come into play over last season and this one makes you wonder

I don't think Lewis' side of the garage have let him down, more the management have failed to support him personally and due to shear misfortune parts have failed at the worst possible times, if all these problems had been during practice no one would have batted an eyelid.

No conspiracy but I think MW has to shoulder some if the blame for Lewis leaving and what will be remembered as a missed opportunity for McLaren.

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:10 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
spoch wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Samaritan wrote:

I don't think Lewis' side of the garage have let him down, more the management have failed to support him personally and due to shear misfortune parts have failed at the worst possible times, if all these problems had been during practice no one would have batted an eyelid.

No conspiracy but I think MW has to shoulder some if the blame for Lewis leaving and what will be remembered as a missed opportunity for McLaren.

Need i say more?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 pm 

Emerson.F wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
spoch wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Samaritan wrote:

Need i say more?

Because of course McLaren could have predicted when he'd be leading. Sure.

As for the car number story posted earlier in the thread, I ask - Source?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm 

Look, I'm a Hamilton fan, it's absolutely gutting the way this season has gone as in my eyes he should at least still be in a position to win the WDC but I honestly put it down to horrible luck and human error, nothing malicious at all.

The reasons for Lewis leaving McLaren however is a much more murky story, I'm sure in a few year it will all come out but I don't think it has a major effect on what has happened on track.

McLaren are a team that historically cock up, not much more you can say about that other than its innocent incompetence lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:49 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
Look, I'm a Hamilton fan, it's absolutely gutting the way this season has gone as in my eyes he should at least still be in a position to win the WDC but I honestly put it down to horrible luck and human error, nothing malicious at all.

The reasons for Lewis leaving McLaren however is a much more murky story, I'm sure in a few year it will all come out but I don't think it has a major effect on what has happened on track.

McLaren are a team that historically cock up, not much more you can say about that other than its innocent incompetence lol

This :thumbup: I can't help but think I'll look back on this year and think it was the year Hamilton should have been WDC. He has arguably been the best driver this season.

It sucks that McLaren make so many mistakes, as a Jenson fan I also know what they're like. But their long history of errors makes it pretty hard to believe the conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:14 pm 

Jenson confirms he is having the same problems as 2009 (second half) in 2012, tyres.

"That is normally a bad area for me, and the problem I had at Brawn when I won my Championship, so a lot of the year I've struggled with that and is something we need to continue to work on."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm 

Think Lewis just proved his class in that quali just by getting any where near Vettel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm 

potter84 wrote:
Fat Albert wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

you 2 sad people.

one for laughing at an image thats been overused.

the other for suggesting someone is misinformed without posting anything constructive themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm 

Indeed great lap from Lewis. He just proved why he is considered the quikest driver on the grid. If it weren't for the Redbull Seb's driving...Damn my heart was beating like crazy the last lap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm 

Quite a nice pic to end this thread. Two great drivers who I think this week have realised they have had a really great thing going on and I believe they are both sad not be driving together next year. Good luck to them both!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm 

PzR Slim wrote:
Quite a nice pic to end this thread. Two great drivers who I think this week have realised they have had a really great thing going on and I believe they are both sad not be driving together next year. Good luck to them both!

I'm gutted their partnership is over if i'm honest, also I could tell Jenson really wanted Lewis up on the podium with him in his post-race interviews. Just for one last moment like this when they arrived back in the paddock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm 

Dam_Noir wrote:

They really were a cool team. I loved the time in 2011 when the BBC got them doing so many cool features

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:

I agree with this not the final part - i removed it.

Lewis wants a different challenge, like a kid leaving home - there is a good thing about going out there some where else. Lewis did things not many drivers have done, been a Rookie straight in to F1 in a winning capable car.

If he had started out in a bad car and got in to Mclaren after a year or two he would still be there. As much as people will say Lewis has had some sheer bad luck, no one cared about the other cars having bad luck.

In fact I want some one to spend the time to show how many problems every car/team had, because I could promise you right now Lewis will not be ahead by far. Every team even Webber on RBR has had severe reliability. Vettel too, Mercs have had a ton of problems. Lewis is not the only one that has a bunch of DNFs to his names.

How many cars have had Kers issues?

To blame mclaren for reliability, get over it because it does happen in F1. Ferrari didnt have reliability issues but instead they had a bad Quali car that struggled to hit the top 3 yet Alonso was able to hit the podium often and Massa right behind (in his performance races). Only have to wonder what Massa could of done if not having those performance problems and playing second fiddle to Alonso. Massa has shown that Alonso CAN be beaten - does that mean that the Ferrari wasnt as slow as Alonso said it was.

Lewis him self proved to be quicker then Alonso but there have been times although not many this season when Button (who some consider a waste of space) beat Lewis fair and square.

So in the end, I say get off the back from these people, If Lewis wanted a reliable consistent car that finished races why would he go to Mercedez? they are barely and I mean barely any better on reliability. And remember they struggle to score points, MSC hit 7th on a wacky race.

Lewis will leave Merc if they dont fight the front runners, sooner or later his competitive nature will want more and he will regret his decision. Some times I think his decision was based like a teenager getting stroppy and leaving home just because they couldnt have sky.