planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Predicting the future
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 pm 

I had dream last night, that Ferrari was punted off in the rain by a force India during the race, just as the commentators were confirm which Ferrari, I woke up.

Anyone else got a strong feeling about Sundays race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 pm 

Sadly, I foresee a Vettel pole, driving away from the front row, winning an uneventful race. Alonso fifth.

Sadly in the sense that I'd quite like some drama, given the championship hasn't been decided. Not that I'm an Alonso or Ferrari fan. Quite possibly the contrary, in fact.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:12 pm 

Lancaster wrote:
Sadly, I foresee a Vettel pole, driving away from the front row, winning an uneventful race. Alonso fifth.

Sadly in the sense that I'd quite like some drama, given the championship hasn't been decided. Not that I'm an Alonso or Ferrari fan. Quite possibly the contrary, in fact.

Naw, its likely to be Hamilton pole, SV second or third and holding that position to the end, unless theres rain which is still a very good possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm 

I think that Alonso will end up winning the championship, Hamilton will win the race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 pm 

If it rains, I guarantee that either Alonso or Vettel (depending on which is higher up the field) will be bitching like crazy that the race needs to be called off, and that it's too dangerous, and then they will cut to Hamilton's radio where he'll tell you its fine.

This happened in 2010 (or was it 2011?).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:23 pm 

I had a dream last night as well - Alonso made contact with a Toro Rosso, making both retire. Mind you, Alonso was clearly at fault.

No, I don't think that's going to happen. I don't have a strong feeling, but something tells me Vettel has a 90% chance of winning it (no source on that, don't ask! ;) ) and Alonso is left with the rest.
Everything is possible though - crashes, alternator failures, and just plain old bad luck - for both of the championship contenders.

I won't go predicting anything. If I had to bet, I'd choose Vettel, but my predictions I'll leave unmade.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 pm 

RickM wrote:
If it rains, I guarantee that either Alonso or Vettel (depending on which is higher up the field) will be bitching like crazy that the race needs to be called off, and that it's too dangerous, and then they will cut to Hamilton's radio where he'll tell you its fine.

Unless the race goes 2/3 distance, Alonso can not win it

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 pm 

RickM wrote:

lol yes I remember that ... Wasnt that Canada 2011? not 100% sure obviously.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 pm 

RickM wrote:

It'll have to be late in the race for Alonso (with vettel low in position) otherwise full points will not be issued

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love