planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:46 am 

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sutil ... ia-report/

It seems the only sticking point is whether he'll have difficulties entering China, the US and Canada due to his criminal conviction. Personally I'd rather see Alguersuari get it but it's looking increasingly likely that his confidence in returning to F1 next season was misplaced, unless he's going to partner Pic at Caterham at the expense of Kovalainen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 am 

Aeson wrote:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sutil-returning-to-f1-with-force-india-report/

It seems the only sticking point is whether he'll have difficulties entering China, the US and Canada due to his criminal conviction. Personally I'd rather see Alguersuari get it but it's looking increasingly likely that his confidence in returning to F1 next season was misplaced, unless he's going to partner Pic at Caterham at the expense of Kovalainen.

Sutil surely has a bigger chance than Alguesuari (don't know why should he get the chance anyway).

Vijay Mallya has only mentioned Sutil's name as of now as a replacement for Hulk. He never mentioned Alguesuari, who never impressed me much in 2011, whereas Sutil finished in 9th in the WDC standings.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am 

Bugger...wanted Jaime back over that psycho...

Don't see why he should be given a chance after that conviction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:12 am 

I really hope that Kovalainen will grab the seat, he's already too long in Caterham. Sutil could well be in 9th place WDC last year, but he is slower than di Resta in quali, who is slower than Hulkenburg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 am 

Probably Force India is his only option, because they know him. No other team would take him, unless he sort out his issues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:36 am 

Everyone does stupid things, the guy was a quick driver and deserves to be in F1. He beat Di Resta by about double the points in 2011 and I'd bet he could do it again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 am 

Not a good image for F1.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 am 

Volantary wrote:
Everyone does stupid things, the guy was a quick driver and deserves to be in F1. He beat Di Resta by about double the points in 2011 and I'd bet he could do it again.

This year Force India have been more competitive than last year so if Sutil would've this year on the grid, am sure would've scored some good results. His experience along with his rapport & equation with Force India's technical team is an added advantage over other probable drivers.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 am 

Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

Yeah right. The image of F1 doesn't get dented when Raikkonen or Vettel swear on the podium interviews & use words such as F***.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 am 

It hardly makes him a "psycho". IIRC no one thinks Sutil deliberately set out to ram a glass in Lux's neck, it was a careless thing to do and could have had serious consequences, but we all do stupid things from time to time. Nobody's perfect. As far as I can see, the only person to have been making a big deal out of it is Saward and I don't think anyone pays much attention to his dribblings anyway.

He was convicted, he paid a penalty for it, and afterwards the slate is wiped clean, so to speak. This is the whole point of a system of justice - a penalty is paid (in whatever form) and this settles matters, enabling both parties to get on with their lives accordingly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 pm 

I'd put Alguesuari and Sutil in Force India instead of Di Resta. He bores me on a Rosberg level and I don't see progress from him. Would rather have those two as that would be pretty exciting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:11 pm 

Fishy wrote:
I'd put Alguesuari and Sutil in Force India instead of Di Resta. He bores me on a Rosberg level and I don't see progress from him. Would rather have those two as that would be pretty exciting.

Slight chance it may happen but hypothetically as Di Resta hasn't been confirmed officially.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 pm 

wj_gibson wrote:
It hardly makes him a "psycho". IIRC no one thinks Sutil deliberately set out to ram a glass in Lux's neck, it was a careless thing to do and could have had serious consequences, but we all do stupid things from time to time. Nobody's perfect. As far as I can see, the only person to have been making a big deal out of it is Saward and I don't think anyone pays much attention to his dribblings anyway.

He was convicted, he paid a penalty for it, and afterwards the slate is wiped clean, so to speak. This is the whole point of a system of justice - a penalty is paid (in whatever form) and this settles matters, enabling both parties to get on with their lives accordingly.

The issue is that according to that article he still may have problems with Chinese authorities. What he faced was civil case between him and Lux, while the criminal case in China may be started regardless of his settlement with Lux.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:27 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

and when people who were caught cheating in F1 are then allowed back to work in F1, that is a good for the image then? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 pm 

And that's classed as the same as attempted murder, stabbing someone in the neck how? (Could of been a murder case, lucky it was not, he was found guilty)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:32 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

Yeah right. The image of F1 doesn't get dented when Raikkonen or Vettel swear on the podium interviews & use words such as F***.

yeah, swearing is much worse than stabbing someone in the face. I swear everyday, it's normal, however i don't have the urge to tear a hole in somebody's head.

VI LXXVII XIV X

XXIII VIII II
gif from reddit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm 

G1n wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

and when people who were caught cheating in F1 are then allowed back to work in F1, that is a good for the image then? :lol:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:38 pm 

AngusWolfe wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

yeah, swearing is much worse than stabbing someone in the face. I swear everyday, it's normal, however i don't have the urge to tear a hole in somebody's head.

Yeah, apparently swearing and someone cheating in F1 is the same as stabbing someone in the neck, what's the world coming to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 pm 

AngusWolfe wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

Firstly, Sutil is not as well known or famous as much as Vettel & Raikkonen. They both are World Champions & have a bigger responsibility to keep F1 in the right light. Sutil is a midfield driver & not many fans would be concerned with compared to those two.

Secondly, whatever he did, was behind the scenes & no one knows if he was compelled to get aggressive. Even if he just scratched Lux with the glass, it's so very convenient to take the matter to court. Vettel & Raikkonen carry the image of F1 on their shoulders & in front of the world during the interview on the podium, using abusive language & swearing doesn't make any one smile.

Sutil's case is over as of now. Other drivers might be aggressive in their personal lives but no one would know about it till some one filed a case!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:52 pm 

None of that makes it very normal for an F1 driver to stab someone in the neck, or be aggregative of the track, but stabbing someone in the neck is much worse, he was found guilty.

Really don't know what the world is coming to when stabbing someone in the neck is just something normal and classed as swearing and the same as cheating even, great way to bring our kids up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:59 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

Firstly, Sutil is not as well known or famous as much as Vettel & Raikkonen. They both are World Champions & have a bigger responsibility to keep F1 in the right light. Sutil is a midfield driver & not many fans would be concerned with compared to those two.

Secondly, whatever he did, was behind the scenes & no one knows if he was compelled to get aggressive. Even if he just scratched Lux with the glass, it's so very convenient to take the matter to court. Vettel & Raikkonen carry the image of F1 on their shoulders & in front of the world during the interview on the podium, using abusive language & swearing doesn't make any one smile.

Sutil's case is over as of now. Other drivers might be aggressive in their personal lives but no one would know about it till some one filed a case!

what has fame got to do with it? i know poverty stricken areas are drawn to more crime, but i don't think it's so severe that someone earning a few less million should be allowed to attack anyone with glass. when i get angry, i might want to hit someone, but i wouldn't use a potentially lethal weapon! i'm not saying that the whole swearing debacle has helped anyone, or that it was good, i just think something that violent is much worse than saying one of two four letter words on live Tv.

VI LXXVII XIV X

XXIII VIII II
gif from reddit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

Much better than Mad Maldo breaking a track stewards back then having his daddy pay out to keep it quiet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm 

AtrumVesica wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Not a good image for F1.

Much better than Mad Maldo breaking a track stewards back then having his daddy pay out to keep it quiet.

At least he doesn't face potential legal proceedings in China. Mad Maldo case is over.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:34 pm 

I do not think that Sutil should be allowed back in Formula 1. If only to serve as a reminder to others, especially youngsters, that actions such as this do not go unpunished. Or, rather, unnoticed. Just think about what he did. We all make mistakes, but we don't all do that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 pm 

gnolan wrote:
I do not think that Sutil should be allowed back in Formula 1. If only to serve as a reminder to others, especially youngsters, that actions such as this do not go unpunished. Or, rather, unnoticed. Just think about what he did. We all make mistakes, but we don't all do that.

If he was not an F1 driver or some famous guy with allot of money he would of been locked up in China for a long time for that incident. China is not a place to get in trouble, especially stabbing someone. For an average person it can usually mean most of your life in prison or worse. But often in this world those with fam and money can get away with most stuff with not much happening.