planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: maldonaldos red light
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:06 pm 

Quick question. Did he miss a red light in q2.

Last edited by wire2004 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: maldonaldo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 pm 

Yes. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:11 pm 

and worse than Webber last week he didnt stop and and get pushed back to the weighbridge he just went to his garage, he should be penalised

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:11 pm 

another break for Alonso of course... the guy is made of breaks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 pm 

What's the punishment nowadays. It used to be a early weekend Finnish with a dq

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 pm 

I missed that...... If so, he may get a penalty, good news for alonso fans

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:16 pm 

It used to be a ban as Martin Brundle testified happened to him a few years back

Webber didnt get penalised because he stopped and got pushed back so the car couldn't be altered

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:17 pm 

beanchimp wrote:
It used to be a ban as Martin Brundle testified happened to him a few years back

Webber didnt get penalised because he stopped and got pushed back so the car couldn't be altered

91 I believe in Monaco for brundle.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:17 pm 

Should be a penalty, no question really. It's a brain fade moment but still, rules are rules.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:19 pm 

So, how many people clamoring for a penalty want Alonso to win :D ?

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:32 pm 

Doesnt Maldonado have a couple of reprimands already? He gets one more and I think he is due a penalty anyway!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 pm 

chinki wrote:
Doesnt Maldonado have a couple of reprimands already? He gets one more and I think he is due a penalty anyway!!!

That's what a Williams man with strong German accent said to TV. So, it's for sure that Maldonado get's a penalty and Alonso gets one place up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 pm 

Three place grid penalty, i'm on the bookies website, trying to put £100.00p on it !
I'm sorry, but it's sick, as in repugnant vomit!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 pm 

If he did indeed miss the weigh-bridge then it's a penalty. It has been in all circumstances for the past few years as well; the only reason Webber got off with just a reprimand was because the team brought the car back immediately before any changes could have been made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 pm 

I don't know if sky picked up on it. The BBC didn't. And it was only a 3 second clip that I caught. The Fia man saw it. So o am just waiting for confirmation on what the penalty will be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:47 pm 

They clearly show the flashing orange light on the bank which means expect a red light

They are expecting a penalty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm 

veemax wrote:
Three place grid penalty, i'm on the bookies website, trying to put £100.00p on it !

Explain? :?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:54 pm 

SamH_123 wrote:
veemax wrote:

I'd guess more like 10 place drop. Or back of the grid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:56 pm 

wire2004 wrote:
SamH_123 wrote:
veemax wrote:

I'd guess more like 10 place drop. Or back of the grid.

Yeah but what did the guy mean, what is sick and I assume the betting bet was a joke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:56 pm 

wire2004 wrote:
I don't know if sky picked up on it. The BBC didn't. And it was only a 3 second clip that I caught. The Fia man saw it. So o am just waiting for confirmation on what the penalty will be.

Sky caught it - had replays and everything.

They also found out that there was a flashing orange light further down the hill, which if its flashing means be prepared to shop for weigh in.

He's got no excuse for missing it - he'll be getting a penalty of some sort IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:13 pm 

kai_ wrote:
If he did indeed miss the weigh-bridge then it's a penalty. It has been in all circumstances for the past few years as well; the only reason Webber got off with just a reprimand was because the team brought the car back immediately before any changes could have been made.

Can someone please explain to me about the weigh-bridge .....kind of lost since i thought it was done after qualifying.......or is this something else?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 pm 

manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

Can someone please explain to me about the weigh-bridge .....kind of lost since i thought it was done after qualifying.......or is this something else?

You can technically be brought in during any session. And be subject to.being weighed at the weigh bridge.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 pm 

manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

Random FIA checks - all drivers have to be on the lookout

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm 

Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:
manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

I agree with the randomness but cant the FIA give the heads up to the team over the radio as well so that the driver is prepared too. I am sure Maldonado made a mistake coz he wasnt focusing on the light, but the FIA can do better by informing the team in advance when the driver is on the in-lap.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 pm 

wire2004 wrote:
manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

You can technically be brought in during any session. And be subject to.being weighed at the weigh bridge.

Ok i understand that but is he supposed to bring in his car when orange or red light flashes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 pm 

Red light. You must stop. I wasn't aware the orange light was in use for preparation purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 pm 

chinki wrote:
manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

I agree with the randomness but cant the FIA give the heads up to the team over the radio as well so that the driver is prepared too. I am sure Maldonado made a mistake coz he wasnt focusing on the light, but the FIA can do better by informing the team in advance when the driver is on the in-lap.

Agree. This seems quite a bureaucratic way to imply the rule. A radio call could make things easier.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:27 pm 

chinki wrote:
manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

I agree! How can a driver concentrate on his job with so many things to look for?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:29 pm 

Red light. You must stop. I wasn't aware the orange light was in use for preparation purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:31 pm 

manu4fun wrote:
wire2004 wrote:
manu4fun wrote:
kai_ wrote:

Ok i understand that but is he supposed to bring in his car when orange or red light flashes?

Here are the Regulations on the weighing procedure. It doesn't say anything about the lights for notification, but I'm assuming that that's what they are for.

Quote:
26.1.a: During the qualifying practice session cars will be weighed as follows :
i) The FIA will install weighing equipment in the first pit garage (the FIA garage) which will be used for the weighing procedure.
ii) Cars taking part in Q1 and Q2 will be selected at random to undergo the weighing procedure.
iii) When signalled to do so the driver will proceed directly to the FIA garage and stop his engine.
iv) The car will then be weighed with driver and the result given to the driver or a team representative in writing.
v) At the end of the qualifying session all cars which took part in Q3 will be weighed. If a driver wishes to leave his car before it is weighed he must ask the technical delegate to weigh him in order that this weight may be added to that of the car.
vi) If the car is unable to reach the FIA garage under its own power it will be placed under the exclusive control of the marshals who will take the car to be weighed.
vii) A car or driver may not leave the FIA garage without the consent of the FIA technical delegate.
viii) If a car stops on the circuit and the driver leaves the car, he must go to the FIA garage immediately on his return to the pit lane in order for his weight to be established.
26.1.b: After the race every classified car will be weighed. If a driver wishes to leave his car before it is weighed he must ask the technical delegate to weigh him in order that this weight may be added to that of the car.
26.1.c: The relevant car may be excluded should its weight be less than that specified in Article 4.1 of the Technical Regulations when weighed under a) or b) above, save where the deficiency in weight results from the accidental loss of a component of the car.
26.1.d: No substance may be added to, placed on, or removed from a car after it has been selected for weighing or has finished the race or during the weighing procedure. (Except by a scrutineer when acting in his official capacity).
26.1.e: No one other than scrutineers and officials may enter or remain in the FIA garage without the specific permission of the FIA technical delegate.

26.2: In the event of any breach of these provisions for the weighing of cars the stewards may drop the driver such number of grid positions as they consider appropriate or exclude him from the race.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:03 pm 

10 place drop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm 

Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey
Maldonado goes down 10 on the grid(3rd reprimand of season), Alonso now up to 7th and a better side of the track... #Interesting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 pm 

beanchimp wrote:
Maldonado goes down 10 on the grid(3rd reprimand of season), Alonso now up to 7th and a better side of the track... #Interesting

With all the rain around, I am afraid that there is no better side for the start tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:16 pm 

chinki wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

With all the rain around, I am afraid that there is no better side for the start tomorrow.

You sir are correct...!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:37 pm 

Ten place drop

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... -in-Brazil

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 pm 

If it's raining tomorrow Williams may as well start him from the pit-lane and give him a full wet set up. Keep him out of trouble and would probably give him more of a chance of scoring points

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:02 pm 

coulthards chin wrote:
If it's raining tomorrow Williams may as well start him from the pit-lane and give him a full wet set up. Keep him out of trouble and would probably give him more of a chance of scoring points

I actually hope so; 16th on the grid means being dead last as the 3 weakest team belong to league of their own..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 pm 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
So, how many people clamoring for a penalty want Alonso to win :D ?

Most I'd guess, but I want Vettel to win and agree with the penalty. If someone else gets it next year at least a precendence has been set.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 pm 

coulthards chin wrote:

How long do you reckon it would take to make that change? Presumably they could in theory play their cards and wait for the morning...?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 pm 

They could be sorting the gearbox this evening in readiness, then wait for the morning to see what the weather brings