planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:21 pm 

So did it rain out there anytime after qualy till now?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 pm 

It's not raining at the moment.

Hints of blue in the sky above Interlagos. If I had to guess, I'd say it won't rain. Local guy on TV compound gate says it will.
@andrewbensonf1 41 minutes ago

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:31 pm 

chinki wrote:

It rained overnight. It was raining very early morning before sunrise.
Then Sun came out for a while in the morning. Still very unpredictable, but there wont be too heavy downpour. So washout is definitely out of picture. Showers are still expected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 pm 

funkymonkey wrote:
chinki wrote:

It rained overnight. It was raining very early morning before sunrise.
Then Sun came out for a while in the morning. Still very unpredictable, but there wont be too heavy downpour. So washout is definitely out of picture. Showers are still expected.

Good... even dry race would be better than SC/Red flags mix.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
I reckon the rain will miss the race a bit like 2008, may affect the last couple of laps but nothing more. McLaren's to run away at the front with Webber chasing until such a time he hands his podium slot over to the new 3x on the bounce WDC.

My prediction anyway.

don't forget he wouldn't need to if they were both ahead of Alonso anyway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 pm 

My prediction is.... even considering Vettel DNF, Alonso has very very slim chances

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:45 pm 

what are chances of rain during the race ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:46 pm 

TVGlobo gives 90 percent chances of rain during the race.

But at the moment, the skies seems pretty clear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=twy5wBQFvcA

Lewis Hamilton's pole lap.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm 

shift wrote:
TVGlobo gives 90 percent chances of rain during the race.

But at the moment, the skies seems pretty clear.

Race in 3 hours plenty of time, although I would love to see a dry start and then at 30% race showers, would mix things up more than everyone starting on wets.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm 

BBC forecast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/20476609

Brightening up all the time here at Interlagos. Latest forecast is for a dry race with a chance of light rain afterwards, or perhaps at end @andrewbensonf1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm 

kai_ wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I've been trying to calculate a weather "average" across various resources. I don't think that's actually possible/credible. And then I rationalize the most likely consequences of that "average" forecast, which themselves average pretty negatively - so the "but what if" 's and "they're always" 's start. As in, "the McLaren's are always bad in the wet" and "but what if Alonso's engine blows up because he's sort of due". That goes on until I conclude "...so it should be okay." Til the next time I check the weather and start all over again. And all that is happening aloud.

I'm visiting my mom for the holiday weekend and while she knows I have a bit of a problem with this sport I don't think she quite grasped the severity until a little while ago when the following conversation took place...
Mom: "Why are you straightening your hair? Are you going out tonight?" (I take REALLY good care of my hair and try not to dry/straighten it too often because I've been abusing it with hats and riding and/or driving helmets nearly every day for 20+ years)
Mom: "Then why bother if you're just going to sleep on it?"
Me: "In case I have to take photos doing the seb finger with my red bull 'hat' tomorrow. By the way, could you see if the washing machine is done yet and if so put my RBR shirt in the dryer please?"

:lol: :lol: Love it. And great 'hat'!

I start thinking about omens based on other things going on that I have allowed to become part of pattern recognition associated with what happens in F1. I also create new patterns at times like this. One of my big ones is which mug I drink my coffee out of.

My family are all Formula 1 followers so they're pretty good for these situations, but I'm by far the most involved and get the most anxious and agitated. I'm interstate from them for this weekend and my mum very patiently took a call from me and let me babble about Formula 1 for an hour to help me "fill the time" then said, "I shall get your sister and your father to call when they get home to consume some more time". In the lead up to Abu Dhabi in 2010 I was at my parents' and I was so desperate for distraction I offered to help my mum with the gardening; she nearly died of shock.

My pre race routine starts on the monday before every race when my facebook profile and cover photos are changed to the helmet and podium pics from that race the previous year. Then there's the wednesday team color manicure and selection of appropriate Pirelli wristband compounds. Thursday starts the F1 Playlist on the iPod (which of course includes the big bad wolf...which as I understand it has been blasting from the RBR garage again this morning. THAT is a good sign!). Thurs night is the first of four cans of fizzy drink. Friday night the team clothes come out (this also includes NOT wearing items from other teams - its only okay to wear those on non race weekends, I am very careful about this ever since I wore my BMW Sauber flip flops and Checo came second in Malaysia the next day). Saturdays are about cooking and eating food from wherever the race is, and race day...well thats about it all coming together. Before asking me to go out or make plans, friends first ask "is there a race this weekend? okay never mind". Mostly because I am now famous for rambling about F1 aero development when slightly drunk. My polite friends try to act interested in the differences between Merc, RBR, and Lotus DRS innovations.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
My pre race routine starts on the monday before every race when my facebook profile and cover photos are changed to the helmet and podium pics from that race the previous year. Then there's the wednesday team color manicure and selection of appropriate Pirelli wristband compounds. Thursday starts the F1 Playlist on the iPod (which of course includes the big bad wolf...which as I understand it has been blasting from the RBR garage again this morning. THAT is a good sign!). Thurs night is the first of four cans of fizzy drink. Friday night the team clothes come out (this also includes NOT wearing items from other teams - its only okay to wear those on non race weekends, I am very careful about this ever since I wore my BMW Sauber flip flops and Checo came second in Malaysia the next day). Saturdays are about cooking and eating food from wherever the race is, and race day...well thats about it all coming together. Before asking me to go out or make plans, friends first ask "is there a race this weekend? okay never mind". Mostly because I am now famous for rambling about F1 aero development when slightly drunk. My polite friends try to act interested in the differences between Merc, RBR, and Lotus DRS innovations.

:lol: :lol: This a great, I love your passion :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm 

Best of Qualifying Actions

More Pictures - http://www.formula1onlive.com/2012/11/q ... an-gp.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 pm 

viariani wrote:
:lol: :lol: This a great, I love your passion :thumbup:

Passion is such a better word than obsession!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
kai_ wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I've been trying to calculate a weather "average" across various resources. I don't think that's actually possible/credible. And then I rationalize the most likely consequences of that "average" forecast, which themselves average pretty negatively - so the "but what if" 's and "they're always" 's start. As in, "the McLaren's are always bad in the wet" and "but what if Alonso's engine blows up because he's sort of due". That goes on until I conclude "...so it should be okay." Til the next time I check the weather and start all over again. And all that is happening aloud.

I'm visiting my mom for the holiday weekend and while she knows I have a bit of a problem with this sport I don't think she quite grasped the severity until a little while ago when the following conversation took place...
Mom: "Why are you straightening your hair? Are you going out tonight?" (I take REALLY good care of my hair and try not to dry/straighten it too often because I've been abusing it with hats and riding and/or driving helmets nearly every day for 20+ years)
Mom: "Then why bother if you're just going to sleep on it?"
Me: "In case I have to take photos doing the seb finger with my red bull 'hat' tomorrow. By the way, could you see if the washing machine is done yet and if so put my RBR shirt in the dryer please?"

:lol: :lol: Love it. And great 'hat'!

I start thinking about omens based on other things going on that I have allowed to become part of pattern recognition associated with what happens in F1. I also create new patterns at times like this. One of my big ones is which mug I drink my coffee out of.

My family are all Formula 1 followers so they're pretty good for these situations, but I'm by far the most involved and get the most anxious and agitated. I'm interstate from them for this weekend and my mum very patiently took a call from me and let me babble about Formula 1 for an hour to help me "fill the time" then said, "I shall get your sister and your father to call when they get home to consume some more time". In the lead up to Abu Dhabi in 2010 I was at my parents' and I was so desperate for distraction I offered to help my mum with the gardening; she nearly died of shock.

Is this a joke or for real?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:14 pm 

Sadly its no joke. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

I don't agree with all of your posts but this is great! :lol:
I know about the part where friends ask you if there is a race this weekend. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 pm 

aficionados only on this forum, what do we do after Brazil?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm 

Don't know why I put myself through it...just watched the Senna movie for the umpteenth time.

Pass the tissues please :(

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:29 pm 

bbc live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20481809

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:29 pm 

I just watched it again Thursday so skipped it this morning. I find the whole thing so deeply unsettling, didn't want to be in that frame of mind for today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm 

rife_hypocricy wrote:
aficionados only on this forum, what do we do after Brazil?

Get on enjoying the other exciting and important things in your life?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:32 pm 

Winter testing is mere weeks away :D

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:40 pm 

Georgie looking gorgeous as usual...

I hope she starts on the "dirty side" ;)

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:40 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Winter testing is mere weeks away :D

Provisional 2013 dates

Jerez - 5th - 8th February
Barcelona Test 1 - 19th - 22nd February
Barcelona Test 2 - 28th February to 3rd March

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:41 pm 

This is going to be the longest 80 minutes ugh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:45 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:47 pm 

Are big sunglasses required with enormous flat brimmed hats?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:47 pm 

if it's not going to rain then I am going to sleep (GMT+8 here)

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn Indexfinger WDC 2010, 2011, 2012.......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm 

karlos231 wrote:
My prediction is.... even considering Vettel DNF, Alonso has very very slim chances

You'd be mental to rule Alonso out of finishing on the podium, which would be enough if Vettel DNFs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm 

‏@InsideFerrari
No rain expected during the race. After one week of unanimous forecasts for a rainy Sunday we will have a dry race.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:54 pm 

Can't wait now.

Praying everyone makes it through the first corner, would be a massive anti-climax if Alonso dnf on the first corner or something silly like that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm 

rife_hypocricy wrote:
‏@InsideFerrari
No rain expected during the race. After one week of unanimous forecasts for a rainy Sunday we will have a dry race.

"alright Fernando, never mind, try again next year, k thanks bye"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 pm 

Is it just me or do this happen so much, we are told it will almost certainly rain only to wake up on Sunday with glorious sunshine and a bone dry race

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm 

Dry race, Alonso with a wet setup... emmm he'll struggle to finish in the top 10.

It's over Vettel's won the title. Well I'm off to play so Black Ops 2 then the watch the Chelsea/Man City game instead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm 

The sky looks dark though.......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 pm 

james10171 wrote:

Hahaa, that one really got me!

For the last time this year, Enjoy the race everybody! Shortest off season ever 8) :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Is it just me or do this happen so much, we are told it will almost certainly rain only to wake up on Sunday with glorious sunshine and a bone dry race

yep, disappointing indeed.