planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm 

Ferrari really need to get their act together. Alonso has driven some of his best this year but the car is far too inferior compared to the RBR and Mclaren.

Emerson.F wrote:
Another sad end too a season.

I can't see any sadness in that (apart from Hammy's DNF)

beanchimp wrote:
It would have been nice for alfons to give the place back to Massa on the last lap, just so he could have 2nd

I don't think Alonso would've been thinking on such a level.

If I was racing for WDC I'm in the zone; nothing else would matter.

Piquet is an donkey opening are you happy too get hamilton out of the way.. what a moron.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:
[MS] ended up making a douche of himself in his last race.

Hardly, the only thing that was crap was the car.

A better race than any other 43-year-old could have driven.

theman28 wrote:
Lol Vettel lucky, you guys re funny.

He was pretty lucky not to be out of the race after the collision with Senna, no?

kungfuman wrote:
Ferrari really need to get their act together. Alonso has driven some of his best this year but the car is far too inferior compared to the RBR and Mclaren.

That is just bs. If the car inferior then it shouldn't be fighting for wins in GP. Car is good to win, but they didn't do it. Karma is a bitch..

It nice of Piquet Snr to remind us that if Grosjean didnt do his stupid crash at Spa then Alonso would have probably had it.

Cut the crap Alonso.

theman28 wrote:

Yeah vettel was so lucky with a first lap crash, damaged car all race, broken radio which caused terrible tire decision, then an unplanned pits top that took forever!

What luck...

Odd race. Good one but the first 20 laps or so were more like touring cars than F1! Fair play to Vettel for taking the title but... I dunno, I've got a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after this year and I think this race sorta summed up why.

It feels like F1 is a two tier series these days. Oh it's always been that way with the cars of course but when you look at the penalties given out something isn't quite right. Today gave the perfect example of that. Vettel clearly drove into Senna - racing incident borderline penalty - which wrecked Senna's race, caused chaos behind and could have ended really badly. Yet the stewards, as far as I know, didn't so much as look at it. Hulkenberg slides into Hamilton - racing incident borderline penalty - wrecks Hamilton's race and has a drive through almost before Hamilton is out of the car.

Leaving aside any personal feelings towards the drivers does that not strike anyone else as, well, a bit odd? It's hardly the first time this year either that we've seen very similar incidents treated differently when the big boys are involved (on either end).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:02 pm 

zaar wrote:
Emerson.F wrote:

And Fred not winning.

Piquet stop manhandling the drivers on the podium

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
kaka007 wrote:
feels sorry for both lewis n hulk...i think the stewards should have left it as a racing incident......
button lucky again..n so too could be said about alonso n massa getting onto podium...
congrats vettel

Button lucky????????!!!

I mean lucky to win the race , he would have been on the podium...but the win most probably would have gone to lewis or hulk

mika_98 wrote:
You haters are pathetic man! Seriously, get a life!

I was rooting for Alonso by the way :)

Unlike Ferrari fans, a lot of people don't know what winning is like, never mind winning with some grace. :]

Great season, great WDC battle, I really enjoyed it. Best season in many, many years I'd say.

And FORZA FELIPE, we want you back next year.

kungfuman wrote:
It nice of Piquet Snr to remind us that if Grosjean didnt do his stupid crash at Spa then Alonso would have probably had it.

He must have missed Sebs alternator failure when Alonso inherited his win too.

Emerson.F wrote:
Piquet is an donkey opening are you happy too get hamilton out of the way.. what a moron.

How can you speak like that... NP likes to joke around and you should know it.

Love the long Face on Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

You haters really are pathetic!

indianajones wrote:
Love the long Face on Alonso

that makes a change...

Massa making a presidential campaign speech

zaar wrote:
Emerson.F wrote:

I think honourable mentions are needed for Hulkenburg, Button and Massa aswell. If it weren't the final race, they would've been the stars of the day I guess.

But yeah, gutted for Hamilton. Local lad, top driver and seems a nice guy. I get the impression he likes the limelight a lot, so constantly not being caught up in the thick of things must weigh heavy on his heart.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:05 pm 

smiddlehurst wrote:
Odd race. Good one but the first 20 laps or so were more like touring cars than F1! Fair play to Vettel for taking the title but... I dunno, I've got a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after this year and I think this race sorta summed up why.

It feels like F1 is a two tier series these days. Oh it's always been that way with the cars of course but when you look at the penalties given out something isn't quite right. Today gave the perfect example of that. Vettel clearly drove into Senna - racing incident borderline penalty - which wrecked Senna's race, caused chaos behind and could have ended really badly. Yet the stewards, as far as I know, didn't so much as look at it. Hulkenberg slides into Hamilton - racing incident borderline penalty - wrecks Hamilton's race and has a drive through almost before Hamilton is out of the car.

Leaving aside any personal feelings towards the drivers does that not strike anyone else as, well, a bit odd? It's hardly the first time this year either that we've seen very similar incidents treated differently when the big boys are involved (on either end).

Yes, I agree Stewards have been haphazard this year and a lack of consistency, but you largely always get this with humans making decisions

Look at Grosjean, was only given a penalty because he took out a WDC contender and not for causing the damage and potential injuries

kaka007 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
kaka007 wrote:
feels sorry for both lewis n hulk...i think the stewards should have left it as a racing incident......
button lucky again..n so too could be said about alonso n massa getting onto podium...
congrats vettel

Button lucky????????!!!

I mean lucky to win the race , he would have been on the podium...but the win most probably would have gone to lewis or hulk

the other way around for me

Hamilton was very lucky with the SC after being 45 seconds behind JB and Hulk. Hulk was unlucky not to be on the podium and so was Lews.

Jenson deserved the win, for me it is either him or Hulkenberg.

For some reason Alonso in the rain was just slow, while Vettel with a damaged car was still the fastest in the rain. The best of the best won in the end.

Vettel = legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm 

Vettel was fastest? What race are we talking about?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm 

Knowimagination wrote:
theman28 wrote:

Yeah vettel was so lucky with a first lap crash, damaged car all race, broken radio which caused terrible tire decision, then an unplanned pits top that took forever!

What luck...

To be fair here Vettel had a first lap crash that he caused (what was he thinking going straight to the apex in the middle of traffic...), didn't get hit by anyone when he was facing the wrong way, had a few cars jump out the way for him on his way back through, had a car that somehow held together and I think I'm right in saying got away with the wrong tyre call at one point as well as a botched pit stop. If the top end of the field hadn't been so busy crashing into each other, and for that matter the safety car hadn't come out to let them clean the track, he may have been in real trouble today.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good driver and when out front in a car that's working for him I really don't think there's anyone better. But today, yeah, he was lucky to get away with that lot. Could so very easily have ended his race with a walk back to the pits.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm 

Vettel was quite lucky that it started to rain. That car was faster in wet than in dry. He was the one of the fastest drivers in wet conditions. Red Bull got awesome traction even in wet with dmg in car.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm 

lamo wrote:
kungfuman wrote:

He must have missed Sebs alternator failure when Alonso inherited his win too.

I don't see how being crashed into is the same thing as a part on your car, something your team is responsible for, failing. I really don't understand why Vettel fans are still here arguing this, shouldn't you be cracking open a beer and enjoying it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 pm 

kaka007 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
kaka007 wrote:
congrats vettel

Button lucky????????!!!

You see 'lucky', I see a guy capitalising on his situation and doing a job.

Hulkenburg was putting in a sterling drive, but choked it. That's why he's not in a top drive yet.

Button can hold the line and drive a solid race when need be, that's why he's been a WDC and is Mclaren.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:10 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
kaka007 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
kaka007 wrote:
congrats vettel

Button lucky????????!!!

the other way around for me

Hamilton was very lucky with the SC after being 45 seconds behind JB and Hulk. Hulk was unlucky not to be on the podium and so was Lews.

Jenson deserved the win, for me it is either him or Hulkenberg.

let's put it like this, all the 3 of them deserved a win :p.... i would have loved lewis,hulk n button on the podium whatever order it may be

Great race. Congrats to both Vettel and Alonso. I'm pleased as a Vettel fan but have a huge amount of respect for Alonso. He is a great, great racer and driver and though it hasn't produced results yet, Alonso and Ferrari is a great combination.

Darkwing wrote:
For some reason Alonso in the rain was just slow, while Vettel with a damaged car was still the fastest in the rain. The best of the best won in the end.

Vettel = legend

Vettel was fast in rain just cause others couldn't push their cars, thats another to look at it :)

2014 Championship Standing: 5th

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm 

kaka007 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
kaka007 wrote:
congrats vettel

Button lucky????????!!!

Might as well say Lewis was lucky to be in that position because he wouldn't have been in the position without the safety car.

Hulk and Button were what 20secs in front at that stage?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm 

smiddlehurst wrote:
Knowimagination wrote:
theman28 wrote:

What luck...

To be fair here Vettel had a first lap crash that he caused (what was he thinking going straight to the apex in the middle of traffic...), didn't get hit by anyone when he was facing the wrong way, had a few cars jump out the way for him on his way back through, had a car that somehow held together and I think I'm right in saying got away with the wrong tyre call at one point as well as a botched pit stop. If the top end of the field hadn't been so busy crashing into each other, and for that matter the safety car hadn't come out to let them clean the track, he may have been in real trouble today.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good driver and when out front in a car that's working for him I really don't think there's anyone better. But today, yeah, he was lucky to get away with that lot. Could so very easily have ended his race with a walk back to the pits.

Eh I guess it's just a difference of opinion. I wouldn't consider overcoming bad luck good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm 

Webber digging deep to come to terms with Vettel's achievement.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm 

smiddlehurst wrote:

This all over, forget about the yellow flag incident with Seb and KK.

What was the difference between these two incidents!?

Steward inconsistency is so baffling.

Congratulations to vettel and well played alonso.

For those blaming ferrari, get REAL. Massa proved the pace of the car and ferrari bent over backwards with the rules to help alonso however they can. When he wins, he outdrives the car and when he loses, ferrari sucks?

I live for montages <3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 pm 

Lol Bernie has a quick cameo on BBC. It would actually be interesting if he was a host, we would have a lot of behind the scenes access :p