planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm 

It seems that he gets no mention on either when he has done well. I didn't see the sky coverage of Brazil so I don't know if they mentioned it, but the BBC didn't once mention his season or finishing 3rd in the wdc. However they are quick to congratulate a caterham member about finishing 10th in the wcc despite scoring no points.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm 

LUFC15 wrote:
It seems that he gets no mention on either when he has done well. I didn't see the sky coverage of Brazil so I don't know if they mentioned it, but the BBC didn't once mention his season or finishing 3rd in the wdc. However they are quick to congratulate a caterham member about finishing 10th in the wcc despite scoring no points.

come on the kimi man crush is going too far :uhoh:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm 

Don't know what you're watching? I see and hear Kimi mentioned a lot on BBC. Do you actually mean 'why do sky and BBC not praise Kimi as much as Lewis/Jenson?' because I assume that's because they're both British tv channels and Kimi's not British and hasn't lead the WDC at any point this season. Plus, he's not really the best driver for interviews :-P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:54 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
LUFC15 wrote:

It's not a crush. I'm just pointing out the BBC never complementing him, although that could be due to kimi being sarcastic to Jake after Q1 in Australia when he failed to get into Q2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:57 pm 

Simon Lazenby seems to think he knows Kimi so well... "Well that's just typical Kimi isn't it Johnny." Must of said that about 4 times in Brazil.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 pm 

Just remembered, he won an award from the BBC, it's a select few drivers who win BBC awards at the end of the season!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm 

minchy wrote:
Don't know what you're watching? I see and hear Kimi mentioned a lot on BBC. Do you actually mean 'why do sky and BBC not praise Kimi as much as Lewis/Jenson?' because I assume that's because they're both British tv channels and Kimi's not British and hasn't lead the WDC at any point this season. Plus, he's not really the best driver for interviews :-P

Fair point and I understand what your saying, but if this had been Hamilton's or Button's comeback season or if one of them was driving the lotus and finished 3rd, then they would never stop banging on about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm 

sky were making fun of Kimi at the end of their coverage at Brazil.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:12 pm 

Moore wrote:
Simon Lazenby seems to think he knows Kimi so well... "Well that's just typical Kimi isn't it Johnny." Must of said that about 4 times in Brazil.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 pm 

BBC praise/hype the British more than any other, yes they praise others but its minor compared to the bias they give the British so it gives you an impression they don't care much for the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 pm 

LUFC15 wrote:
minchy wrote:

Fair point and I understand what your saying, but if this had been Hamilton's or Button's comeback season or if one of them was driving the lotus and finished 3rd, then they would never stop banging on about it.

British TV companies in "focusing more on Brits" shocker...

"Don't worry, I'm pushing like a hell!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm 

Well they are media types and Kimi treats the media like shit (quite rightly) so they are hardly going to big him up anymore then they need to. I know Jake tends to get quite a few digs in at Kimi regarding his personality, but In all honesty I don't know why they should make a song and dance about him coming third even he does not care so I do not see why us Kimi fans should care about how much the media care!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm 

Jomox wrote:
BBC praise/hype the British more than any other, yes they praise others but its minor compared to the bias they give the British so it gives you an impression they don't care much for the rest.

`
We have a saying here that goes, Who pays the piper calls the tune.

I should imagine it would be fare less so in Spain or Germany, but then they dont fund the TV channels

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
LUFC15 wrote:
minchy wrote:

Yes. I mean in the Spanish media they barely mention Alonso at all. And lets not forget about the Italian media's boycott of all things Ferrari ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 pm 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
LUFC15 wrote:
minchy wrote:

Yeah, brits and McLaren drivers. And that's it because it's the same everywhere. Finns talk about their drivers. Italians all about Ferrari and Italians and so forth.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm 

sivapc wrote:
sky were making fun of Kimi at the end of their coverage at Brazil.

I wouldn't say they were making fun, more like they were entertained by his demeanor, as were a lot of people including myself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:13 pm 

allowed*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 am 

LUFC15 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
LUFC15 wrote:

It's not a crush. I'm just pointing out the BBC never complementing him, although that could be due to kimi being sarcastic to Jake after Q1 in Australia when he failed to get into Q2.

Didnt they give him some kind of award ? last race on bbc ?
I see him mentioned normal amount on sky I haven't watched bbc coverage since sky took over though..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 am 

I listen to BBC sometimes, and especially Coulthard praises Kimi a lot. Keep in mind that DC was one of Kimi's biggest critics in 2008/09

I'm not sure about Sky, but I don't really care.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 am 

Maky wrote:
LUFC15 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Didnt they give him some kind of award ? last race on bbc ?
I see him mentioned normal amount on sky I haven't watched bbc coverage since sky took over though..

Golden Compass pathfinders award?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 am 

f1madman wrote:
allowed*

Somebody had to...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 am 

Should they hang a "Kimi U Rock" up behind them during every show?

They priased Kimi when he had something to praise, i.e. Bahrain, Hungary, Abu Dhabi to name a few. They priased a driver worthy of praise any time they needed to. Even Massa!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 pm 

Just be thankful they don't bash Kimi just don't praise him only.
Honestly Sky & BBC are not so bad.
Listen to the Spanish one (Lobato), bashes Kimi everytime like he's the greatest enemy. :lol: :thumbdown:

#7 Kimi Raikkonen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 pm 

santa baby wrote:
Just be thankful they don't bash Kimi just don't praise him only.
Honestly Sky & BBC are not so bad.
Listen to the Spanish one (Lobato), bashes Kimi everytime like he's the greatest enemy. :lol: :thumbdown:

Not surprised - he comes across as an asshole to the media, not as a 'cool guy'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm 

I have noticed some very harsh attitudes to Kimi on their websites, particularly Andrew Benson at the BBC. Their online profile of Kimi for example really sounds like someone has an axe to grind. But the TV guys have been very fair to Kimi this year and have said many complimentary things. Even Eddie Jordan who was instrumental in starting the "Kimi isn't motivated" meme back in 2008, has been fair this time although much less likely to compliment Kimi than the other BBC people. Martin Brindle at Sky has also said some very nice things about Kimi.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm 

Moore wrote:

:lol: exactly.
However I think Damon Hill gets what it is about Kimi, notably taking picture of Kimi getting out of the car before Abu dhabi podium on his iPhone, that scene really was fun to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Should they hang a "Kimi U Rock" up behind them during every show?

They priased Kimi when he had something to praise, i.e. Bahrain, Hungary, Abu Dhabi to name a few. They priased a driver worthy of praise any time they needed to. Even Massa!

I support this idea..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:46 pm 

Considering that he is not British and was never truly in the title fight I'd say that Kimi got plenty of praise.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 pm 

callMEcrazy wrote:
Considering that he is not British and was never truly in the title fight I'd say that Kimi got plenty of praise.

I would go an extra mile and say media now simply like him, for the same reasons they hated him

In USA press he literally said nothing abnormal and the conference room filled with laughter, they can't wait for him to speak

I posted the link on Kimi's thread, can't be arsed to dig it out. But check the last 5 pages or so

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KK4nlhlYso

What do you need more? A frikin award lol

I just came to know about this

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 am 

LUFC15 wrote:

Does Raikkonen even care?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 am 

LUFC15 wrote:
Are bbc and sky not aloud to praise Raikkonen

LUFC15 wrote:
bbc and sky not aloud to

LUFC15 wrote:
not aloud to

LUFC15 wrote:
aloud

:lol: :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 pm 

pbchillin wrote:

Girls Aloud's fault.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm 

pbchillin wrote:
LUFC15 wrote:
Are bbc and sky not aloud to praise Raikkonen

LUFC15 wrote:
bbc and sky not aloud to

LUFC15 wrote:
not aloud to

LUFC15 wrote:
aloud

:uhoh: :lol: :uhoh: :lol: :uhoh: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm 

well, he definately deserve some praise to climb so high over the fence..... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm 

Moore wrote:

The problem with the Sky coverage team is they feel like they've just rolled in off the street. And frankly that Simon chap has a seriously hateable face. One of those people you just can't stand looking at. Kinda believe I dislike him on a genetic level lol. I like Johnny Herbert a lot though he's a class act. But the rest of them, besides Anthony Davidson and the race commentators can get the boat, they're terrible.

I've digressed completely lol.
As far as the Kimi love or lack of it? I couldn't care less....nor could Kimi. Where I DO draw the line is inaccurate reporting or opinionated reporting......that grinds my gears.

KIMI FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 pm 

phyz wrote:
f1madman wrote:
allowed*

Somebody had to...

# :x It annoys me everytime I see this topic!