planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sutil to return?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 am 

Some pals out here doubted if Sutil could get to race in certain countries because of his legal issues that he had. Sutil has specified that he would be free to travel to all of the race destinations on the calendar in the link below:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/sutil-clear-to-race-in-2013-64622

Lets see if this paves the way for him to get back employed with Force India, as this issue might have been a stumbling block for Sutil's return back to F1.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 pm 

Sutil stating that asking if he can does not mean he can, quite simple ANY conviction for a violent crime will prohibit entry to the us on a work visa, so unless there are extenuating circumstances (which there isn't) i wont believe him until he is in the cock pit at austin.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 pm 

I hear that Sutil gets the FI seat. Of course I have nothing to back this up right now but we'll just have to see if there's an announcement soon. Exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 am 

froze wrote:
I hear that Sutil gets the FI seat. Of course I have nothing to back this up right now but we'll just have to see if there's an announcement soon. Exciting.

Kobayashi has made a statement that he won't be in F1 next year, which is sad.

He had an outside chance to get the Force India seat. Now that he is not in contention, it makes Sutil's chance a little stronger.

However, not to forget that there are atleast 2 more options in the likes of Bianchi & Alguesuari. Alguesuari, in the mid second half of the season seemed to be quite confident of getting a seat for 2013 but after the season got over, he was only optimistic & not sure if he would get the drive.

So I think it's between Sutil & Bianchi.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:13 am 

I really hope that Sutil doesn't get the seat, he's had his chance, it's time for someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:19 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
froze wrote:

Kobayashi has made a statement that he won't be in F1 next year, which is sad.

He had an outside chance to get the Force India seat. Now that he is not in contention, it makes Sutil's chance a little stronger.

However, not to forget that there are atleast 2 more options in the likes of Bianchi & Alguesuari. Alguesuari, in the mid second half of the season seemed to be quite confident of getting a seat for 2013 but after the season got over, he was only optimistic & not sure if he would get the drive.

So I think it's between Sutil & Bianchi.

I'd actually rather see new blood like Bianchi to claim that seat, because Sutil already had 5 seasons, but let's see if my prediction of Sutil is correct.

I also thought Alguersuari had made some kind of contract with FI already earlier this year, but it's probably not a race seat because if it was, it would've been announced already. Maybe he signed as a 3rd driver with a possibility of promotion to a race seat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 pm 

I still hope bianchi gets it..
Boring to see same old setup. With new guy we get to see new talent..skill...potential...hopefully rivalry