planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 am 

Got the idea from someone in another thread.We're all always arguing over it, so tell the world, WHO is the best driver currently on the grid? And why? No bashing please, neither of drivers or each other.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 am 

Vettel , because celebrates in a very gracious manner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am 

I don't see this thread being much different from every other driver thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 am 

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am 

Well if people could just go along with the thread, as in simply say who you think is the greatest and why. Then there would be no problem, the people who complain about the arguing are worse than the ones who cause the arguing :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
I've nearly done a poll for this a few times recently. With all the polls and arguing that go on on this forum, I've never seen a poll for the most obvious subject!

40% of me say's Hamilton
40% of me say's Alonso
18.5% of me say's Kimi
1% of me say's Vettel
.5% of me say's Button

But maybe it's Hulk?

of Alice

Last edited by Balibari on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am 

Romain Grosjean.

Champion of champions ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:14 pm 

Alonso & Hamilton cause Nick Fry said so.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:14 pm 

Balibari wrote:
I've nearly done a poll for this a few times recently. With all the polls and arguing that go on on this forum, I've never seen a poll for the most obvious subject!

40% of me say's Hamilton
40% of me say's Alonso
18.5% of me say's Kimi
1% of me say's Vettel
.5% of me say's Button

But maybe it's Hulk?

:thumbup: :lol: I like it 8O :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm 

RosGro.

Last edited by G1n on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm 

Felipe Massa, can outclass every single driver on the grid even in a bad car, rarely has an off day, and has proven his worth time and time again against the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Felipe Massa, can outclass every single driver on the grid even in a bad car, rarely has an off day, and has proven his worth time and time again against the best.

This but I would change Felipe Massa to Narain Karthikeyan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 pm 

Me!
than
Hamilton & Alonso
because of pure talent, speed and passion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

It was a toss up between the two. But I chose Felipe, because he's also cute.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:20 pm 

My wife because she tells me she is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

It was a toss up between the two. But I chose Felipe, because he's also cute.

Not only is he cute , but he oozes masculinity !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm 

John Daly :-|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm 

Not this thread again?! Okay, i think its myself, discuss!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm 

The obvious answer is Takuma Sato...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:44 pm 

Ev0lutionz wrote:
Not this thread again?! Okay, i think its myself, discuss!

I disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 pm 

Moore wrote:

I disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 pm 

Lojik wrote:
John Daly :-|

I disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm 

It baffles me as to how everyone is overlooking Sakon Yamamoto.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Moore wrote:

I disagree.

I cannot allow you to disagree!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm 

Moore wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Moore wrote:

I disagree.

I cannot allow you to disagree!

I disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:18 pm 

Umm hello....SCOTT SPEED!

Merica, f*ck yeah!

If you argue with me, I will attempt to bury you under the colossal weight of out of context statistics, driver quotes, subjective blogs from journalist-types, compliments from really old fogies who drove f1 cars back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, excuses, and stuff I made up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

Merica, f*ck yeah!

If you argue with me, I will attempt to bury you under the colossal weight of out of context statistics, driver quotes, subjective blogs from journalist-types, compliments from really old fogies who drove f1 cars back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, excuses, and stuff I made up.

I disagree. (I just want to see the burial efforts...) :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:29 pm 

Romain Grosjean, obviously... Champion of Champions 2012, also Champion of Crashing 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Merica, f*ck yeah!

First, he was champion of the Formula Renault 2000 Eurocup and Formula Renault 2000 Germany championships. Those are HUGELY relevant and even more important the his 3rd place finish in the GP2 series. Andrew Benson said so. Anyway, he was the #1 driver within his team there, ahead of Nico Rosberg and Heikki Kovalainen. Nico has been beating his 7x WDC teammate and Heikki drove for McLaren once so obviously that means Scott is better than Schumi and could have driven for McLaren if he wanted, but he knew RBR was going to be totally awesome and wanted to follow the path to them instead.

Next, he is the FIRST American since 1993 to get a ride, even as a test driver, in F1. Americans were basically banned from the sport for like 10 yrs so for Bernie to change that rule for SPEED he must have REALLY been worth it. I mean, MICHAEL ANDRETTI was the last one before him so he's clearly on par with him.

He was amazingly consistent. In eleven out of 18 races he finished between 10th and 14th in a HORRIBLE car, which failed to see the checkered flag four times in that first season. He showed his consistency again in 2007 by not finishing 7 out of the 10 races he took part in, and, further, finished in his usual 9-14th in the ones he did complete. How many drivers can boast that kind of regular consistency?

Unfortunately for Scott, Helmut Marko is a total psychopath and drugged Dietrich Mateschitz, put him under evil hypnosis, and convinced him to oust Scott in favor of that god-awful whiny brat talentless crash kid Vettel. Everybody knows Marko ONLY cares about Vettel, and that Red Bull was started back in 1987 when he was born, to hand deliver WDC's in Newey-built rocketships. I'm pretty sure Mateschitz had something to do with Adrian moving from CART to Formula 1 that very same year. I read a tweet about it actually.

Lastly, his illustrious career with a NASCAR start and park team since leaving Formula 1 is proof that he'd have made it big because NASCAR drivers are the best in the world. Jackie Stewart said it once, and Lauda agreed. He takes his cap off to Scott.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Merica, f*ck yeah!

First, he was champion of the Formula Renault 2000 Eurocup and Formula Renault 2000 Germany championships. Those are HUGELY relevant and even more important the his 3rd place finish in the GP2 series. Andrew Benson said so. Anyway, he was the #1 driver within his team there, ahead of Nico Rosberg and Heikki Kovalainen. Nico has been beating his 7x WDC teammate and Heikki drove for McLaren once so obviously that means Scott is better than Schumi and could have driven for McLaren if he wanted, but he knew RBR was going to be totally awesome and wanted to follow the path to them instead.

Next, he is the FIRST American since 1993 to get a ride, even as a test driver, in F1. Americans were basically banned from the sport for like 10 yrs so for Bernie to change that rule for SPEED he must have REALLY been worth it. I mean, MICHAEL ANDRETTI was the last one before him so he's clearly on par with him.

He was amazingly consistent. In eleven out of 18 races he finished between 10th and 14th in a HORRIBLE car, which failed to see the checkered flag four times in that first season. He showed his consistency again in 2007 by not finishing 7 out of the 10 races he took part in, and, further, finished in his usual 9-14th in the ones he did complete. How many drivers can boast that kind of regular consistency?

Unfortunately for Scott, Helmut Marko is a total psychopath and drugged Dietrich Mateschitz, put him under evil hypnosis, and convinced him to oust Scott in favor of that god-awful whiny brat talentless crash kid Vettel. Everybody knows Marko ONLY cares about Vettel, and that Red Bull was started back in 1987 when he was born, to hand deliver WDC's in Newey-built rocketships. I'm pretty sure Mateschitz had something to do with Adrian moving from CART to Formula 1 that very same year. I read a tweet about it actually.

Lastly, his illustrious career with a NASCAR start and park team since leaving Formula 1 is proof that he'd have made it big because NASCAR drivers are the best in the world. Jackie Stewart said it once, and Lauda agreed. He takes his cap off to Scott.

I find it difficult to disagree with such a compelling argument. I have been well and truly buried.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our victor, Scott Speed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:58 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Merica, f*ck yeah!

You win the internets for the day Ashley :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:00 pm 

My dad because he was the only who could find a gear in that Vauxhall zafira
and of course the greatest champion of them all Jacques Villeneuve :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Merica, f*ck yeah!

You win the internets for the day Ashley :lol:

Can I win back the 10 minutes I had to spend reading about (the greatest F1 driver ever) Scott Speed?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:12 pm 

Didn't Liuzzi beat speed . So therefore Liuzzi must be the best.

But then he was bettered by sutil so sutil must be the best .

But then he was beaten by Fisi so he must be the best.

but then he was beaten by alonso so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Lewis so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Button so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Rubens so hemust be the best.

But he was beaten by Schui so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Rosberg so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Webber so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Seb so he must be the best.

and there endeth the beatings I think ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Didn't Liuzzi beat speed . So therefore Liuzzi must be the best.

But then he was bettered by sutil so sutil must be the best .

But then he was beaten by Fisi so he must be the best.

but then he was beaten by alonso so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Lewis so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Button so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Rubens so hemust be the best.

But he was beaten by Schui so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Rosberg so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Webber so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Seb so he must be the best.

and there endeth the beatings I think ;)

But he was beaten by Di Resta pre F1, so he must be the best.

But he was beaten by Sutil, so he must be the best.

But he... oh no, I've gone crosseyed...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:16 pm 

Di Resta beat Vettel didn't he. So HE must be the best :-P

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 pm 

Ah well I was going on results in F1 but if you wantto back further. some other raspberry can go through all the other formulas :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm 

But guys come on finishing orders don't tell the story. Think of HOW HARD Scott drove in all those races. Always throwing the car around, always exciting the crowd. Its about how a driver makes you FEEL. And Scott never forced his teammate to give him positions either, or made the team take parts from his teammate's car, or complained that "maybe its because I'm American" when he got that 25 seconds added for passing under yellow flags and lost his first point. Plus he's way better with the public - he DOES care what other people think, and he WASN'T taking a fairy cakes when Michael was getting whatever. Ask any racer, any REAL racer, and they'll tell you that's the truth. Nick Fry thinks he's going to win races in the sprint cup series this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:26 pm 

I think there is only one way to settle (or distact) this debate...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 pm 

I'm not a fan of those lobsters. I prefer the Lobster Mobster, who settles disputes with a sawed off shotgun.