planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
bourbon19 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Of course it bothers him, he knows deep down he is not on alonso/hammy level yet. Now he is trying to be like kimi with "I dont care/bothered" comments. Seb we are onto you! ;)


You don't speak for the entire forum or paddock - don't try to drag the whole world down crazy lane just because you feel like driving that route.

Sebastian is the youngest ever triple World Driver's Champion and you just have to deal with that fact because it isn't going to change no matter how much you go on about the drivers you think are better.

As for this thread, no matter how much Alonso mutters congratulations to himself, Sebastian, at a mere 25 years old, will still have the cup on his kitchen table, his name inscribed 3 times upon it. He has said he is humbled by that - so he does not sit around thinking he is the best, nor does he state to everyone he comes across how great a driver he is.

Alonso has been doing nothing but telling anyone who will listen how fantastic he is and how he outdrove his car, etc. But this is not his year - as much as he is trying to steal the limelight. The paddock has given Alonso all the consolation it is going to give - when the team bosses voted him as best driver on the year. That is his prize and he should treasure it, together with alcolades from his friends, team and fans. Apart from that, he needs to stop bragging. The first time he congratulated himself it sounded arrogant and uncouthed, but it was understandable in the wake of a hard defeat. Since then, his consistent continued bragging and self-praise comes across as the whimperings of a desperately insecure individual.

I try to be understanding, because surely he is hurting and feeling insecure and desperate and so forth, but it is getting really old now. Sebastian, Webber, Horner, Whitmarsh, Hamilton, Massa, Luca, and more have showered praise on Alonso post Brazil - I suppose to help him get through this tough period - but he is going to have to snap out of it now. That is not to say that he does not deserve the praise they all give him, it is just that this is not the proper time - it is the champion's time as it is at the close of every F1 season, not the 'vis-campeon', who should be happy receiving a moderate amount of praise and move on - like Kimi has done.



:thumbup:

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1110
ashley313 wrote:
awwwww hes so cute! #flipper

I'm more of a sailfish guy. It looks so badass. Though I would quite literally fairy cakes myself if I were to see one.
Image

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Forza Jules!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2981
If I was a triple world champion at anything, I'd probably not be too worried about what the guy I've beaten 2/3 years (in so much as 2 of those years Alonso was in competition, 2011 was just Seb and RBR in a different league - 3/3 years if you don't take a ridiculous basis) thinks of me. In the end, Seb won.He had a better car than Alonso, so Alonso should be happy he even fought it as close. The McLaren was probably, over the season, better than either of them. So both should consider themselves lucky they couldn't string it together due to pit stop or technical issues that killed off Lewis' season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
bourbon19 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Of course it bothers him, he knows deep down he is not on alonso/hammy level yet. Now he is trying to be like kimi with "I dont care/bothered" comments. Seb we are onto you! ;)


You don't speak for the entire forum or paddock - don't try to drag the whole world down crazy lane just because you feel like driving that route.

Sebastian is the youngest ever triple World Driver's Champion and you just have to deal with that fact because it isn't going to change no matter how much you go on about the drivers you think are better.

As for this thread, no matter how much Alonso mutters congratulations to himself, Sebastian, at a mere 25 years old, will still have the cup on his kitchen table, his name inscribed 3 times upon it. He has said he is humbled by that - so he does not sit around thinking he is the best, nor does he state to everyone he comes across how great a driver he is.

Alonso has been doing nothing but telling anyone who will listen how fantastic he is and how he outdrove his car, etc. But this is not his year - as much as he is trying to steal the limelight. The paddock has given Alonso all the consolation it is going to give - when the team bosses voted him as best driver on the year. That is his prize and he should treasure it, together with alcolades from his friends, team and fans. Apart from that, he needs to stop bragging. The first time he congratulated himself it sounded arrogant and uncouthed, but it was understandable in the wake of a hard defeat. Since then, his consistent continued bragging and self-praise comes across as the whimperings of a desperately insecure individual.

I try to be understanding, because surely he is hurting and feeling insecure and desperate and so forth, but it is getting really old now. Sebastian, Webber, Horner, Whitmarsh, Hamilton, Massa, Luca, and more have showered praise on Alonso post Brazil - I suppose to help him get through this tough period - but he is going to have to snap out of it now. That is not to say that he does not deserve the praise they all give him, it is just that this is not the proper time - it is the champion's time as it is at the close of every F1 season, not the 'vis-campeon', who should be happy receiving a moderate amount of praise and move on - like Kimi has done.


You write alot of rubbish, oh dear lord.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
diablof1 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Of course it bothers him, he knows deep down he is not on alonso/hammy level yet. Now he is trying to be like kimi with "I dont care/bothered" comments. Seb we are onto you! ;)


You don't speak for the entire forum or paddock - don't try to drag the whole world down crazy lane just because you feel like driving that route.

Sebastian is the youngest ever triple World Driver's Champion and you just have to deal with that fact because it isn't going to change no matter how much you go on about the drivers you think are better.

As for this thread, no matter how much Alonso mutters congratulations to himself, Sebastian, at a mere 25 years old, will still have the cup on his kitchen table, his name inscribed 3 times upon it. He has said he is humbled by that - so he does not sit around thinking he is the best, nor does he state to everyone he comes across how great a driver he is.

Alonso has been doing nothing but telling anyone who will listen how fantastic he is and how he outdrove his car, etc. But this is not his year - as much as he is trying to steal the limelight. The paddock has given Alonso all the consolation it is going to give - when the team bosses voted him as best driver on the year. That is his prize and he should treasure it, together with alcolades from his friends, team and fans. Apart from that, he needs to stop bragging. The first time he congratulated himself it sounded arrogant and uncouthed, but it was understandable in the wake of a hard defeat. Since then, his consistent continued bragging and self-praise comes across as the whimperings of a desperately insecure individual.

I try to be understanding, because surely he is hurting and feeling insecure and desperate and so forth, but it is getting really old now. Sebastian, Webber, Horner, Whitmarsh, Hamilton, Massa, Luca, and more have showered praise on Alonso post Brazil - I suppose to help him get through this tough period - but he is going to have to snap out of it now. That is not to say that he does not deserve the praise they all give him, it is just that this is not the proper time - it is the champion's time as it is at the close of every F1 season, not the 'vis-campeon', who should be happy receiving a moderate amount of praise and move on - like Kimi has done.


You write alot of rubbish, oh dear lord.


Pot, kettle & black spring to mind.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Of course it bothers him, he knows deep down he is not on alonso/hammy level yet. Now he is trying to be like kimi with "I dont care/bothered" comments. Seb we are onto you! ;)


You don't speak for the entire forum or paddock - don't try to drag the whole world down crazy lane just because you feel like driving that route.

Sebastian is the youngest ever triple World Driver's Champion and you just have to deal with that fact because it isn't going to change no matter how much you go on about the drivers you think are better.

As for this thread, no matter how much Alonso mutters congratulations to himself, Sebastian, at a mere 25 years old, will still have the cup on his kitchen table, his name inscribed 3 times upon it. He has said he is humbled by that - so he does not sit around thinking he is the best, nor does he state to everyone he comes across how great a driver he is.

Alonso has been doing nothing but telling anyone who will listen how fantastic he is and how he outdrove his car, etc. But this is not his year - as much as he is trying to steal the limelight. The paddock has given Alonso all the consolation it is going to give - when the team bosses voted him as best driver on the year. That is his prize and he should treasure it, together with alcolades from his friends, team and fans. Apart from that, he needs to stop bragging. The first time he congratulated himself it sounded arrogant and uncouthed, but it was understandable in the wake of a hard defeat. Since then, his consistent continued bragging and self-praise comes across as the whimperings of a desperately insecure individual.

I try to be understanding, because surely he is hurting and feeling insecure and desperate and so forth, but it is getting really old now. Sebastian, Webber, Horner, Whitmarsh, Hamilton, Massa, Luca, and more have showered praise on Alonso post Brazil - I suppose to help him get through this tough period - but he is going to have to snap out of it now. That is not to say that he does not deserve the praise they all give him, it is just that this is not the proper time - it is the champion's time as it is at the close of every F1 season, not the 'vis-campeon', who should be happy receiving a moderate amount of praise and move on - like Kimi has done.


You write alot of rubbish, oh dear lord.


Pot, kettle & black spring to mind.


I do not write or think the same as bourbon19, you have to do better then that ob1kenobi.23.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Facepalm.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 2412
If i were Seb... i'd be too busy being a triple world champion and not worrying about what anyone has to say. As much as i like Alonso, he could say whatever and his fans could say/ do whatever, it will not change the fact that Vettel did what he needed to in order to be WDC this year. Again, this is not to take anything away from Alonso... (and i'm a tifoso, so i'll be the last person who'll do something like that), but both him and Lewis need to shut their yappers and drive.

I'll be starting a thread about something i think is perhaps the reason behind all this hate which previously was directed at Schumacher... and now Vettel.

_________________
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
diablof1 wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Of course it bothers him, he knows deep down he is not on alonso/hammy level yet. Now he is trying to be like kimi with "I dont care/bothered" comments. Seb we are onto you! ;)


You don't speak for the entire forum or paddock - don't try to drag the whole world down crazy lane just because you feel like driving that route.

Sebastian is the youngest ever triple World Driver's Champion and you just have to deal with that fact because it isn't going to change no matter how much you go on about the drivers you think are better.

As for this thread, no matter how much Alonso mutters congratulations to himself, Sebastian, at a mere 25 years old, will still have the cup on his kitchen table, his name inscribed 3 times upon it. He has said he is humbled by that - so he does not sit around thinking he is the best, nor does he state to everyone he comes across how great a driver he is.

Alonso has been doing nothing but telling anyone who will listen how fantastic he is and how he outdrove his car, etc. But this is not his year - as much as he is trying to steal the limelight. The paddock has given Alonso all the consolation it is going to give - when the team bosses voted him as best driver on the year. That is his prize and he should treasure it, together with alcolades from his friends, team and fans. Apart from that, he needs to stop bragging. The first time he congratulated himself it sounded arrogant and uncouthed, but it was understandable in the wake of a hard defeat. Since then, his consistent continued bragging and self-praise comes across as the whimperings of a desperately insecure individual.

I try to be understanding, because surely he is hurting and feeling insecure and desperate and so forth, but it is getting really old now. Sebastian, Webber, Horner, Whitmarsh, Hamilton, Massa, Luca, and more have showered praise on Alonso post Brazil - I suppose to help him get through this tough period - but he is going to have to snap out of it now. That is not to say that he does not deserve the praise they all give him, it is just that this is not the proper time - it is the champion's time as it is at the close of every F1 season, not the 'vis-campeon', who should be happy receiving a moderate amount of praise and move on - like Kimi has done.


You write alot of rubbish, oh dear lord.


Pot, kettle & black spring to mind.


I do not write or think the same as bourbon19, you have to do better then that ob1kenobi.23.



I just get tired of all the Seb bashing although I accept it is a British forum.
I follow F1, not any particular driver but am more & more impressed with Seb as time goes by.
It is accepted that Lewis & Fernando are huge talents but I believe Seb is right there.
I don't believe he has had the car advantage others say he had I just believe he has maximised the cars strong points & the team has used strategies that played to their strengths.
I have followed F1 for a long time & SEb is as good a driver as I have seen.
I gave a thumbs up to Bourbons post as I agreed with general context.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:

I just get tired of all the Seb bashing although I accept it is a British forum.
I follow F1, not any particular driver but am more & more impressed with Seb as time goes by.
It is accepted that Lewis & Fernando are huge talents but I believe Seb is right there.
I don't believe he has had the car advantage others say he had I just believe he has maximised the cars strong points & the team has used strategies that played to their strengths.
I have followed F1 for a long time & SEb is as good a driver as I have seen.
I gave a thumbs up to Bourbons post as I agreed with general context.


Also his talent in the wet.

That's the route to my heart.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
Eva09 wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:

I just get tired of all the Seb bashing although I accept it is a British forum.
I follow F1, not any particular driver but am more & more impressed with Seb as time goes by.
It is accepted that Lewis & Fernando are huge talents but I believe Seb is right there.
I don't believe he has had the car advantage others say he had I just believe he has maximised the cars strong points & the team has used strategies that played to their strengths.
I have followed F1 for a long time & SEb is as good a driver as I have seen.
I gave a thumbs up to Bourbons post as I agreed with general context.


Also his talent in the wet.

That's the route to my heart.



After he spun in Brazil & got going again he did a 1:21 lap in the damp on slicks while the the leader, Lewis did a 1:27. That was very impressive.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
awwwww hes so cute! #flipper

I'm more of a sailfish guy. It looks so badass. Though I would quite literally fairy cakes myself if I were to see one.
Image

He doesn't look very friendly. I like friendly fish.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 2412
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
I just get tired of all the Seb bashing although I accept it is a British forum.
I follow F1, not any particular driver but am more & more impressed with Seb as time goes by.
It is accepted that Lewis & Fernando are huge talents but I believe Seb is right there.
I don't believe he has had the car advantage others say he had I just believe he has maximised the cars strong points & the team has used strategies that played to their strengths.
I have followed F1 for a long time & SEb is as good a driver as I have seen.
I gave a thumbs up to Bourbons post as I agreed with general context.

:thumbup:

_________________
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am
Posts: 2684
ashley313 wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
awwwww hes so cute! #flipper

I'm more of a sailfish guy. It looks so badass. Though I would quite literally fairy cakes myself if I were to see one.
Image

He doesn't look very friendly. I like friendly fish.

As a diver, I'd LOVE to see one but never have.

Funnily enough my husband saw one when he and a few others aborted a dive when they didn't quite beat the currents and reach the sheltered start of the dive site. Going up (v slowly) 'in the blue' (i.e. middle of nowhere), a sailfish swam past them! I never quite forgave him... I got my own back though when I saw a Thresher shark on a dive trip he missed :) .

Sorry, bit off topic there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:55 am
Posts: 20
Whats the difference between Vettels and Alonsos mutterings exactly?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
You don't speak for the entire forum or paddock - don't try to drag the whole world down crazy lane just because you feel like driving that route.

Sebastian is the youngest ever triple World Driver's Champion and you just have to deal with that fact because it isn't going to change no matter how much you go on about the drivers you think are better.

As for this thread, no matter how much Alonso mutters congratulations to himself, Sebastian, at a mere 25 years old, will still have the cup on his kitchen table, his name inscribed 3 times upon it. He has said he is humbled by that - so he does not sit around thinking he is the best, nor does he state to everyone he comes across how great a driver he is.

Alonso has been doing nothing but telling anyone who will listen how fantastic he is and how he outdrove his car, etc. But this is not his year - as much as he is trying to steal the limelight. The paddock has given Alonso all the consolation it is going to give - when the team bosses voted him as best driver on the year. That is his prize and he should treasure it, together with alcolades from his friends, team and fans. Apart from that, he needs to stop bragging. The first time he congratulated himself it sounded arrogant and uncouthed, but it was understandable in the wake of a hard defeat. Since then, his consistent continued bragging and self-praise comes across as the whimperings of a desperately insecure individual.

I try to be understanding, because surely he is hurting and feeling insecure and desperate and so forth, but it is getting really old now. Sebastian, Webber, Horner, Whitmarsh, Hamilton, Massa, Luca, and more have showered praise on Alonso post Brazil - I suppose to help him get through this tough period - but he is going to have to snap out of it now. That is not to say that he does not deserve the praise they all give him, it is just that this is not the proper time - it is the champion's time as it is at the close of every F1 season, not the 'vis-campeon', who should be happy receiving a moderate amount of praise and move on - like Kimi has done.[/quote]

You write alot of rubbish, oh dear lord.[/quote]

Pot, kettle & black spring to mind.[/quote]

I do not write or think the same as bourbon19, you have to do better then that ob1kenobi.23.[/quote]


I just get tired of all the Seb bashing although I accept it is a British forum.
I follow F1, not any particular driver but am more & more impressed with Seb as time goes by.
It is accepted that Lewis & Fernando are huge talents but I believe Seb is right there.
I don't believe he has had the car advantage others say he had I just believe he has maximised the cars strong points & the team has used strategies that played to their strengths.
I have followed F1 for a long time & SEb is as good a driver as I have seen.
I gave a thumbs up to Bourbons post as I agreed with general context.[/quote]

Fair enough ob1kenobi :thumbup: I have to say this though, "May the force be with you" ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 671
I know it's the off season but jeeeez.

Am I the only one who actually gained more respect for Vettel this year?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 4898
Sevenfest wrote:
I know it's the off season but jeeeez.

Am I the only one who actually gained more respect for Vettel this year?


Not really. It's just that he more people are convinced by his talent, the louder and harder his detractors will try to "defend their stance".

He proved everything he needed to, this year. Those who aren't ready at this point in time to acknowledge his talent, will probably never be.

I mean, I was heavily anti-Schumacher during his first career. However, even then, and no matter how much I cheered for Hill, Hakkinen, Villeneuve, and whoever contended against Schumacher for the WDC, I was quite convinced he was the best of the field and one of the best ever.
By which I'm not saying Vettel is the best of the field (I simply can't choose between the "top 3"), to be clear. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
My view on vettel changed this year, he showed a battling spirit he hasn't had to really before that all champions need, if in honest his other titles came too easily this one was earned. Still he did make it difficult. For himself at times (brazil i think was 60/40 more vettels fault than sennas) but each problem he did rise to it, but still hasn't proved he can win in an inferior car yet the way others have. I do respect him a lot more than i did before 2012 though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
And is clearly top 4 of the field with KR, LH, FA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 am
Posts: 362
garagetinkerer wrote:
If i were Seb... i'd be too busy being a triple world champion


Sadly for Vettel, he is too busy dealing with the feeling of not being considered the best driver of the season by most of the fans, the media and the team principals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 671
Robot wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
If i were Seb... i'd be too busy being a triple world champion


Sadly for Vettel, he is too busy dealing with the feeling of not being considered the best driver of the season by most of the fans, the media and the team principals.


I'm sure he'll get over it. The funny thing is, as acknowledged before, that was a championship winning drive in Brazil and it's being swept under the carpet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 pm
Posts: 1791
Robot wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
If i were Seb... i'd be too busy being a triple world champion


Sadly for Vettel, he is too busy dealing with the feeling of not being considered the best driver of the season by most of the fans, the media and the team principals.


If he ever gets that feeling - all he has to do is look at the 3 shining cups by his bedside and problem solved.

Alonso's cups however, would have lost some shine in more ways than one- so I m not sure this advise is the best for Alonso :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Wrexham, UK
Sevenfest wrote:
I know it's the off season but jeeeez.

Am I the only one who actually gained more respect for Vettel this year?

I gained a lot of respect for Vettel this year, most notably at Spa.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
F1yer wrote:
Robot wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
If i were Seb... i'd be too busy being a triple world champion


Sadly for Vettel, he is too busy dealing with the feeling of not being considered the best driver of the season by most of the fans, the media and the team principals.


If he ever gets that feeling - all he has to do is look at the 3 shining cups by his bedside and problem solved.

Alonso's cups however, would have lost some shine in more ways than one- so I m not sure this advise is the best for Alonso :)

He keeps the WDC trophy on his kitchen table :]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
You write alot of rubbish, oh dear lord.[/quote]

Pot, kettle & black spring to mind.[/quote]

I do not write or think the same as bourbon19, you have to do better then that ob1kenobi.23.[/quote]


I just get tired of all the Seb bashing although I accept it is a British forum.
I follow F1, not any particular driver but am more & more impressed with Seb as time goes by.
It is accepted that Lewis & Fernando are huge talents but I believe Seb is right there.
I don't believe he has had the car advantage others say he had I just believe he has maximised the cars strong points & the team has used strategies that played to their strengths.
I have followed F1 for a long time & SEb is as good a driver as I have seen.
I gave a thumbs up to Bourbons post as I agreed with general context.[/quote]

Fair enough ob1kenobi :thumbup: I have to say this though, "May the force be with you" ;)[/quote]

Thank you Diablo, good to post with reasonable people & don't worry, I may only be a hologram these days but the force is strong.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1110
LKS1 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
awwwww hes so cute! #flipper

I'm more of a sailfish guy. It looks so badass. Though I would quite literally fairy cakes myself if I were to see one.
Image

He doesn't look very friendly. I like friendly fish.

As a diver, I'd LOVE to see one but never have.

Funnily enough my husband saw one when he and a few others aborted a dive when they didn't quite beat the currents and reach the sheltered start of the dive site. Going up (v slowly) 'in the blue' (i.e. middle of nowhere), a sailfish swam past them! I never quite forgave him... I got my own back though when I saw a Thresher shark on a dive trip he missed :) .

Sorry, bit off topic there.

Hahaha yeah I love how a conversation about fish just popped up. Woah a thresher? Sounds amazing! I'd love to go diving, but I'm too chicken to go :blush:

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Forza Jules!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
I want to go diving! But I haven't had time off from the rest of my life since...the 90's. I would rather swim with Flipper than Mr. Scary Fish up there though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1110
ashley313 wrote:
I want to go diving! But I haven't had time off from the rest of my life since...the 90's. I would rather swim with Flipper than Mr. Scary Fish up there though.

I agree. But Mr Scary Fish can swim at up to 68mph. That's insane 8O

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Forza Jules!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I want to go diving! But I haven't had time off from the rest of my life since...the 90's. I would rather swim with Flipper than Mr. Scary Fish up there though.

I agree. But Mr Scary Fish can swim at up to 68mph. That's insane 8O

hereto-forth known as Sail Fishichella

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1110
ashley313 wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I want to go diving! But I haven't had time off from the rest of my life since...the 90's. I would rather swim with Flipper than Mr. Scary Fish up there though.

I agree. But Mr Scary Fish can swim at up to 68mph. That's insane 8O

hereto-forth known as Sail Fishichella

Fisichella approves.
Image

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Forza Jules!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
ashley313 wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I want to go diving! But I haven't had time off from the rest of my life since...the 90's. I would rather swim with Flipper than Mr. Scary Fish up there though.

I agree. But Mr Scary Fish can swim at up to 68mph. That's insane 8O

hereto-forth known as Sail Fishichella


Funnily when he was with Jordan he was known as Fishy Kelly & Rubens as Barry Kelly.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:


Fair enough ob1kenobi :thumbup: I have to say this though, "May the force be with you" ;)


[/quote]


Schumi: No Seb, I am your father...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Eva09 wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:


Fair enough ob1kenobi :thumbup: I have to say this though, "May the force be with you" ;)





Schumi: No Seb, I am your father...[/quote]
I am 100% positive that Seb is Michael's lovely individual child.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
ashley313 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:


Fair enough ob1kenobi :thumbup: I have to say this though, "May the force be with you" ;)





Schumi: No Seb, I am your father...

I am 100% positive that Seb is Michael's lovely individual child.[/quote]

Be careful, Norbert might read this forum.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 948
Location: California
Robot wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
If i were Seb... i'd be too busy being a triple world champion


Sadly for Vettel, he is too busy dealing with the feeling of not being considered the best driver of the season by most of the fans, the media and the team principals.

Not really... According to team principals Vettel was the 2nd best driver behind Alonso :)

4 out of 5 season he was better than Hamilton according to team principles.

I am sure a driver like Vettel would have at least beaten Button in points over 3 seasons and by a good margin instead of being beaten by him...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:16 am
Posts: 1149
Location: Madrid, Spain
Alonso could easily kill himself...just jump from his ego

I agree with Vettel :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
ashley313 wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I want to go diving! But I haven't had time off from the rest of my life since...the 90's. I would rather swim with Flipper than Mr. Scary Fish up there though.

I agree. But Mr Scary Fish can swim at up to 68mph. That's insane 8O

hereto-forth known as Sail Fishichella

http://www.motorsport.com/score/news/sa ... er-norman/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 310
peterh wrote:
Whats the difference between Vettels and Alonsos mutterings exactly?


One's a 'reply', the other's a 'muttering'.

Says it all really...

(about the OP, that is)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Posts: 468
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
diablof1 wrote:
I have to say this though, "May the force be with you" ;)


To Vettel, I would say for 2013, "May the fourth be with you" ;)

_________________
Vettel / Raikkonen / Button


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andrewinwork, Combinho, dirtysurfer, Google Adsense [Bot], Malkiiin, Mr-E, VDV23, Water and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group