planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 am 

In former thread, the focus slips to relative skills of top guns, and incredibly, to old who´s the best?
Well, i by the way will like to see a fair battle between these two, and will enjoy every single race don´t matter the winner, but another forumer told this will be a waste of time too.
However, realistically, i think present circumstances don't promotes that this could happen in next times.
For me, the question is double:
Are many people wishing to see this fight, or all this is past and don't generate now any interest?
There is a posibility to see them in next years, driving similar front line cars?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 am 

I don't doubt that we'll see them driving similarly performing front line cars at some point in the future.
Alonso is likely to be with Ferrari for the foreseeable future, and they are normally there or thereabouts. If Mercedes aren't fighting for titles by 2014 or so then I imagine Lewis would move on, and indeed Mercedes may leave the sport. They are generally considered two of the best drivers in the world and that doesn't look like changing so I don't see either driver languishing in an averagely performing car for too long.

However, the only truly fair battle would be as team mates (although not that that has stopped arguments about "fairness" before :) ), and as much as they eulogize and seem to respect each other these days, I really don't see it happening. Nor do I really see a team taking both of them on.

That said, I'd love to be proved wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am 

wolfticket wrote:
I don't doubt that we'll see them driving similarly performing front line cars at some point in the future.
Alonso is likely to be with Ferrari for the foreseeable future, and they are normally there or thereabouts. If Mercedes aren't fighting for titles by 2014 or so then I imagine Lewis would move on, and indeed Mercedes may leave the sport. They are generally considered two of the best drivers in the world and that doesn't look like changing so I don't see either driver languishing in an averagely performing car for too long.

However, the only truly fair battle would be as team mates (although not that that has stopped arguments about "fairness" before :) ), and as much as they eulogize and seem to respect each other these days, I really don't see it happening. Nor do I really see a team taking both of them on.

That said, I'd love to be proved wrong.

What about Hulkenberg going to one of the best teams?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm 

Eva09 wrote:

What about it? This thread is about the chances of Hamilton and Alonso ending up in the same team again.

I'd love for them to be paired up again, but very much doubt it will happen. Alonso demands number one status, which Ferrari are willing to give him so he will see out his career with them. So with Alonso not moving from Ferrari the only way for them to partner each other would be for Hamilton to move to Ferrari. There is no way Hamilton would accept a number two role, and Ferrari wouldn't put a competitive driver along side Alonso anyway.

So unless Alonso decides to continue after Ferrari, I can't ever see it happening. We are more likely to see Hamilton partnered by Vettel at Mercedes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm 

Circumstantially I don't see them in the same team. Alonso may well see out his career at Ferrari and they are not inclined to have two top drivers at once. If Alonso does move to another team for a couple of years I think the chances of it being the one that Hamilton is at are low.

As for whether theoretically a team would be prepared to have both of them there at the same time, I actually think that's possible if the team didn't have an aversion to two top drivers generally. I don't think that the particular situation at McLaren in 2007 would mean that they'd be less likely to want these two drivers as I think there is a genuine understanding from both of them about each other's involvement in the whole thing.

How long it is before Hamilton is in a competitive car is a big unknown. Mercedes could pull something out of the bag for 2013 or they could do the best job with the new regulations in 2014. However they could also do nothing and Hamilton could find himself languishing in a poorer car for a few years if he decides to stay and attempt to build up the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm 

I hope so I personally feel that they can both learn a thing or two on track from each other. Alosno can pass on some race experience. And Hamilton can help build Alonso's attacking mentality. I feel that both Ferrari drivers yeild way too easily for overtaking drivers. Im not saying they need to squeeze a driver like Schumy has done to Massa and more recently, Barachello, parsa.

It would be nice to have them racing in one team again €i really think they can make it work.

Would be good to see Hamilton at Ferrari.

YES! YES! YES! I know it wouldnt work? Who will be 1st driver etc. But I do hope to see them on the same team, hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:48 pm 

Classic wrote:
Eva09 wrote:

So unless Alonso decides to continue after Ferrari, I can't ever see it happening. We are more likely to see Hamilton partnered by Vettel at Mercedes.

Vettel at Mercedes? I don't think he will make a mistake like that. If anything I see him going to Ferrari or McLaren. I wouldn't think Mercedes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm 

ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Classic wrote:
We are more likely to see Hamilton partnered by Vettel at Mercedes.

Vettel at Mercedes? I don't think he will make a mistake like that. If anything I see him going to Ferrari or McLaren. I wouldn't think Mercedes.

Joining a team with that much cash behind them couldn't be considered a mistake, sooner rather than later they are sure to come up with the goods. Who's to say Brawn won't master a new idea in the future due to the 2014 rule changes? Reb Bull may struggle to adapt to the rule change. The past 4 years (in which RB have been competitive) have all been development of pritty much the same car, an engine change could really shake things up. Vettel may decide to sign a short extension at the end of his current contact with RB, then head to Mercedes in a few years. Say 2015 depending on everyones existing contract and how Merecedes perform in 2014.

Remember this is all just silly season speculation!

Edit: Sorry for going off from the original topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 pm 

Classic wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Classic wrote:

Joining a team with that much cash behind them couldn't be considered a mistake, sooner rather than later they are sure to come up with the goods. Who's to say Brawn won't master a new idea in the future due to the 2014 rule changes? Reb Bull may struggle to adapt to the rule change. The past 4 years (in which RB have been competitive) have all been development of pritty much the same car, an engine change could really shake things up. Vettel may decide to sign a short extension at the end of his current contact with RB, then head to Mercedes in a few years. Say 2015 depending on everyones existing contract and how Merecedes perform in 2014.

True if you put t like that but with Vettel and Hamilton at such a team. Would it be the ultimate team? Im sure they both would want a number one status.

Sorry again guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 pm 

ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Classic wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Classic wrote:

True if you put t like that but with Vettel and Hamilton at such a team. Would it be the ultimate team? Im sure they both would want a number one status.

Sorry again guys.

Don't worry man! This thread (and i think all must be) is for the fun of any that read it, not a judicial citation. As long as respect between the forumers remain and the sentence is F1 about, any can say exactly what's thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm 

I think the only chance of seeing them as teammates again is if they both hang on too long and end up at a midfield team, past their prime. They've proven they don't work well together, why should any team want to pair them again on their current form?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
They've proven they don't work well together, why should any team want to pair them again on their current form?

Maybe under a conpetent team principal the thing could work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm 

Team principals should have better things to do than have to put kids in the corner for not sharing their crayons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 am 

I don't see it happening as long as Vettel is around. He's younger and better than both of them. Alonso is really pushing himself and if in 2013 he takes the title it will 3 titles each and 2014 onwards will between Alonso and Vettel, with both teams fighting for the 4th title. Lewis is good but just not on their level right now - or maybe ever. I could be wrong but I don't see Lewis ever finishing ahead of the current talent over an entire season. I wish him the best at Merc but do you really see them delivering a car that squashes Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren? Tall order.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:02 pm 

I hope so. The drama of 2007 was great for us fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 am 

ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Classic wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Classic wrote:

Sorry again guys.

They may both feel the other driver is getting more attention, but I don't think either would be silly enough to ask directly for number one status.

However, I do still see Vettel moving to Mercedes to partner Hamilton as almost as likely as to Ferrari to partner Alonso. Let's face it, Alonso's been burnt by having an even teammate before (and doesn't look like he wants it again), whereas Hamilton seemingly relishes such challenges, Vettel may soon feel the need to prove himself against one or the other and has stated his desire to drive for both Mercedes and Ferrari one day.

Vettel moves in 2014/15, spends a couple of years competing with (and just beating) Hamilton, Alonso retires, Vettel moves to Ferrari. It could happen. Alonso and Hamilton back together, no, Alonso and Vettel, possibly but Fred may not want to work so hard against a teammate again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 am 

Its not going happen between Lewis and Alonso or at least its not going to be the same even if they are team mates in a top team again.
All the ingredients are diluted that made it so good.
1. it was a fresh double world champion who beat Schumi, the most successful driver in history vs hot shot rookie Lewis
2. Their mental maturity and emotional intelligence was in a different place than it is now.

Its going to happen again but to a different generation of drivers and only happens when all conditions are right possibly every 10 to 15 years. Prost and Senna was the previous one.

Maybe it could have happened if Maldonado is as good as I think he is and he went on to partner Vettel, an established 3 time world champion.
But that window of opportunity runs out if Maldonado cools down and gets more mature.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am 

I wish we can see them in a top team together again but that will never happen.