planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 pm 

I wonder if he truly believes this is possible.
As much as I'd like to see him beating Alonso, I don't see it happening...

"I want to be competitive from the start to the end, I want to return to winning and also hope to be able to fight for the championship."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105154

Last edited by f1-brazil on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm 

Unlikely but possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 pm 

I hope he does, imagine the uproar if Massa beat Alonso this season!

Last edited by MikeV1987 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm 

He needs to stay positive.

If he can start the season how he finished the last one he can give himself a shot at the very least.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm 

You have to believe. You can't be driving a Ferrari and thinking you can't win a championship.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
You have to believe. You can't be driving a Ferrari and thinking you can't win a championship.

+1 I like Alonso, but I would love Massa to have a fantastic season, he's been some rough times

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm 

Massa might be the new DC, next year was always going to be his year

2013: 5th Place

2014: Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 pm 

They all say the next season is their year. As they should. No place in the sport if they don't think they can do it. If you go into a season thinking anything else, it surely WON'T be your year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 pm 

I wish I could say it was my year to be WDC... :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm 

jammin78 wrote:

Its your year man #believeinjammin78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

Its your year man #believeinjammin78

Yayyyyyyy :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm 

If he keeps up the late 2012 form then he could very well. He had the measure of Alonso in American and Brazil on pace.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 pm 

It won't happen, not while Alonso is there as he's the clear number one driver. Until Alonso has a foot hold over Massa in the championship Massa will be held back massively or just not allowed to open up. That's how it works with the Alonso number one driver policy.

Expect him to struggle behind Alonso for the first part of the season and later in the season to pull out results once Alonso has the foot hold on him in the championship.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:26 pm 

F1Thomas wrote:
It won't happen, not while Alonso is there as he's the clear number one driver. Until Alonso has a foot hold over Massa in the championship Massa will be held back massively or just not allowed to open up. That's how it works with the Alonso number one driver policy.
Expect him to struggle behind Alonso for the first part of the season and later in the season to pull out results once Alonso has the foot hold on him in the championship.

Have you seen the policy documents? Awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:

F1Thomas thinks he knows all about all in F1. Didn't you know that? He did.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:

F1Thomas thinks he knows all about all in F1. Didn't you know that? He did.

I'm not up to speed on the matter it seems. I apologise :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:36 pm 

They treat Massa the same way they do with Alonso, if Massa can score more points than Alonso, and Alonso it's not fighting for the title, Ferrari will support Massa because Ferrari is about Ferrari, not about his drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 pm 

Massa has never really been championship potential. I can't see something happening over the winter break to change that. Somebody will mention 2008, but I won't go down the route as it'd be far too much for a thread it wouldn't be related to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:42 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
They all say the next season is their year. As they should. No place in the sport if they don't think they can do it. If you go into a season thinking anything else, it surely WON'T be your year.

+1
I have to agree with this, if Massa did not think he can do it, I wouldn't want him on the team. Obviously, he needs to get off to a much, much better start in 2013, but who knows, maybe he will. I would be estatic with a Ferrari 1-2 in the WDC, no matter which driver would win it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:44 pm 

Toby. wrote:
Massa has never really been championship potential. I can't see something happening over the winter break to change that. Somebody will mention 2008, but I won't go down the route as it'd be far too much for a thread it wouldn't be related to.

Oh, here we go again.... NEVER really been championship potential??? Just missed being champion by 1 measly point. Oh, that damn mediocre Massa. If a mediocre driver with no championship potential misses by one point, then do we "assume" that all the competition that he beat was never really "championship potential" either. You can't have it both ways now!
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm 

Massa finished 2012 with as much "championship potential" as anyone. Maybe more. His drive in Brazil - mainly his ability to be quick and move forward while also tactically tag teaming traffic (oh hey alliteration, say that 10 times fast) - was ridiculous. Its hard enough to drive quickly, to also place the car in a way that blocks one driver and helps another past, continually, and to do all of that with a constant stream of changing orders in your ear and conflicting emotions in your heart, is absolutely stellar. I have no doubts whatsoever that a consistent Felipe could be a champion Felipe.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm 

he needs to beat alonso from the gate , and it would be good to see

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:51 pm 

Blake wrote:
Toby. wrote:

Oh, here we go again.... NEVER really been championship potential??? Just missed being champion by 1 measly point. Oh, that damn mediocre Massa. If a mediocre driver with no championship potential misses by one point, then do we "assume" that all the competition that he beat was never really "championship potential" either. You can't have it both ways now!

When you've got the fastest car, a mistake-prone title rival and the FIA on your side it shouldn't even be hard to get the title. But he didn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm 

He CAN do it. He just needs to be consistently better than Alonso on the first 4 or 5 races. He CAN do it. But most likely this will not happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:02 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Massa finished 2012 with as much "championship potential" as anyone. Maybe more. His drive in Brazil - mainly his ability to be quick and move forward while also tactically tag teaming traffic (oh hey alliteration, say that 10 times fast) - was ridiculous. Its hard enough to drive quickly, to also place the car in a way that blocks one driver and helps another past, continually, and to do all of that with a constant stream of changing orders in your ear and conflicting emotions in your heart, is absolutely stellar. I have no doubts whatsoever that a consistent Felipe could be a champion Felipe.

That sums up Brazil rather beautifully for Massa. I hadn't thought of it like that, go Felipe!
Scored 99 points in the second half of season, compared to Alonso's 124. Not bad going, though no one was a patch on Vettel's 171. Go Felipe anyway!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:02 pm 

Toby. wrote:
Blake wrote:
Toby. wrote:

When you've got the fastest car, a mistake-prone title rival and the FIA on your side it shouldn't even be hard to get the title. But he didn't.

Did Ron tell you that? Are you perchance Bernie, who in disguise amuses himself by winding F1 fans? Or, did Max fessed up? I didn't think so... but what do i know... a mere follower of sport.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm 

MikeV1987 wrote:
I hope he does, imagine the uproar if Massa beat Alonso this season!

.....how would alonso handle it :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm 

garagetinkerer wrote:
Toby. wrote:
Blake wrote:
Toby. wrote:

Did Ron tell you that? Are you perchance Bernie, who in disguise amuses himself by winding F1 fans? Or, did Max fessed up? I didn't think so... but what do i know... a mere follower of sport.

What's to be told? By the practice and testing times you could see that the F2008 was the fastest car on the grid, Hamilton made a number of mistakes during the year and remind yourself of the French, Belgian and Japanese Grand Prix of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

poor guy.... hard to win the title when your team does not allow you to even win races

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:16 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

I agree, however, all they have to do is make him move one time and his spirits will be crushed again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm 

Robot wrote:
They treat Massa the same way they do with Alonso, if Massa can score more points than Alonso, and Alonso it's not fighting for the title, Ferrari will support Massa because Ferrari is about Ferrari, not about his drivers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:21 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

Just sound bites then

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
If he keeps up the late 2012 form then he could very well. He had the measure of Alonso in American and Brazil on pace.

I can't help feeling that Alonso started to succumb to pressure though

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 pm 

F1Thomas wrote:

You could well be right there

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:33 pm 

Ferrari wants to win and they will back whichever horse looks best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

That might well be what Ferrari wants, what does Alonso want?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:45 pm 

pokerman wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

That might well be what Ferrari wants, what does Alonso want?

"What does Santander want?" Is the question.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:48 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
Robot wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hakk,

get over it... Kimi is not with Ferrari any more, they have moved on, Kimi has moved on...but you are still angry. Kimi had his chance at Ferrari, won a WDC and had a teammate who ran with him most of the time... and beat him one year as well. If your laughing is to have any credibility, why did Massa have a chance at the WDC when Ferrari had the reigning WDC driving for them at the time... surely the WDC would have had all the advantages, yet it seems, that Massa did indeed have a chance. Can't have it both ways, my friend.
;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm 

Ferrari is bigger than Santander. Ferrari is bigger than Fernando.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 pm 

I hope so.