planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Marko Bitter says Alonso
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 pm 

Might as well join in with the Off Season Topics. Surprised this one hasn't popped up.

Quote:
After hearing ‘no’, it always hurts a little more each time

Full article

http://www.inautonews.com/alonso-snubbe ... veral-time

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm 

Could be safe to assume Alonso won't ever be looking to jump ship to Red Bull in the future so!

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm 

But it didn't affected Red Bulls results, so, why would anyone assume any bitterness?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm 

Another championship year, aka 2009.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm 

Well, I can only think when Alonso got fired by McLaren and he almost was out for a year is when Redbull offered him a seat. Because after his first year back with Renault it was known that he's heading to Ferrari. Back then who would've gone to Redbull?

I don't see Redbull wanting him now at this age, they don't need another top driver at the moment

I'd say he's the one who's bitter and jealous and keeps throwing "smart" lines at the media or via his twitter account. And now he's saying the Marko/Redbull are targeting him?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm 

I read that this morning and wondered the context of the last comment. It doesn't say what question he was responding to. Could mean anything. I hate that sort of "reporting".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
I read that this morning and wondered the context of the last comment. It doesn't say what question he was responding to. Could mean anything. I hate that sort of "reporting".

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Well, I can only think when Alonso got fired by McLaren and he almost was out for a year is when Redbull offered him a seat. Because after his first year back with Renault it was known that he's heading to Ferrari. Back then who would've gone to Redbull?

I don't see Redbull wanting him now at this age, they don't need another top driver at the moment

That is what I was thinking too - independent of what the question was. Nobody would actually want to go to Red Bull at that time. Hard to believe that Red Bull or any of their associates, like Marko, would be embittered by those who turned them down at that time - especially a double world champion, considering the Red Bull was only a rear-midfield performer.

Quote:
I'd say he's the one who's bitter and jealous and keeps throwing "smart" lines at the media or via his twitter account. And now he's saying the Marko/Redbull are targeting him?

Indeed. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am 

ashley313 wrote:

come on Ash you can do better than that.

surely this is mind games at Lewis. He''s basically saying "Red Bull Didn't want you and they are tiddled off I kept saying no" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 am 

F1nsider wrote:

In all fairness, it was Marko who started throwing "smart" lines at the guy. In this case, he was just replying.

But, as Ashley said, it would be interesting to know the context of such comment; I have not seen it reported anywhere else, so I am assuming that it wasn't made during a PC. Maybe a one-to-one interview?

Edit: the original article http://www.totalrace.com.br/site/notici ... s-doi-mais It does say that the comments were made in a PC, not in a personal interview. I am surprised nobody else picked that line up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:51 am 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Alonso plays the game superbly these days. Anyone who thinks the comments he plants in the press means he's distracted or less focused on racing is an idiot, frankly. He knows that it costs him nothing to create a bit of needle, and it might just cause the opposition to get hot under the collar... as it clearly does with Marko (though perhaps not anyone else at RB).

I don't get Marko, you can wind him up and watch him kick off like a teenage girl. Imagine him in the pub with a bit of banter floating about. He'd be on his feet and storming off in no time.

of Alice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am 

Balibari wrote:
it might just cause the opposition to get hot under the collar... as it clearly does with Marko (though perhaps not anyone else at RB).

That's the part I'd like to expand on. I've seen it in professional sporting teams where the coach or some other team principal gets involved in a war of worlds, and act as a lightning rod. While Aonso and Marko are throwing thunderbolts of words back and forth, it is keeping the one guy everyone should be going after, Vettel, safely out of the conversation.

I really believe Marko is doing all this nonsense to protect Vettel. At this critical time of year when the drivers are in the midst of preparation, we see Hamilton and Alonso in the news almost every day, while Vettel has become an invisible man, focusing solely on his commitments and preparation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Balibari wrote:
it might just cause the opposition to get hot under the collar... as it clearly does with Marko (though perhaps not anyone else at RB).

That's the part I'd like to expand on. I've seen it in professional sporting teams where the coach or some other team principal gets involved in a war of worlds, and act as a lightning rod. While Aonso and Marko are throwing thunderbolts of words back and forth, it is keeping the one guy everyone should be going after, Vettel, safely out of the conversation.

I really believe Marko is doing all this nonsense to protect Vettel. At this critical time of year when the drivers are in the midst of preparation, we see Hamilton and Alonso in the news almost every day, while Vettel has become an invisible man, focusing solely on his commitments and preparation.

Alonso and Hamilton are no less focussed they too have commitments and also have had time to properly prepare the fact that Alonso say has time to also take part in Massas karting event i say is testament to all of them who take part, none of them needed too they had a season to prepare for but are giving up a weekend to help a good cause, considering how much of their pre seasons are taken up with pr duties and physical prep i would say at least they are giving something back. As for vettel becoming invisible i don't see how that will make him more focussed when the season is near 2 months away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 pm 

I like the idea of Marko as a lightning rod :D.

But seriously, to the topic title, just no. I can't imagine the slightest reason Marko would be bitter considering they have taken 3 double world championships in a row. All things considered, if anyone should be bitter it's probably Alonso.

Let's not read too much into mind games, because that's just what they are, mind games. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 pm 

Myst wrote:

But seriously, to the topic title, just no. I can't imagine the slightest reason Marko would be bitter considering they have taken 3 double world championships in a row. All things considered, if anyone should be bitter it's probably Alonso.

Let's not read too much into mind games, because that's just what they are, mind games. :)

This.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Myst wrote:

This.

I think I agree as well

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm 

morgana wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

In all fairness, it was Marko who started throwing "smart" lines at the guy. In this case, he was just replying.

But, as Ashley said, it would be interesting to know the context of such comment; I have not seen it reported anywhere else, so I am assuming that it wasn't made during a PC. Maybe a one-to-one interview?

Edit: the original article http://www.totalrace.com.br/site/notici ... s-doi-mais It does say that the comments were made in a PC, not in a personal interview. I am surprised nobody else picked that line up.

I don't remember Marko starting anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Myst wrote:

This.

I know but it's the off season so stop talking sense the pair of you :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Myst wrote:

This.

I think I agree as well

:nod: :nod: :nod:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm 

Balibari wrote:
Alonso plays the game superbly these days. Anyone who thinks the comments he plants in the press means he's distracted or less focused on racing is an idiot, frankly. He knows that it costs him nothing to create a bit of needle, and it might just cause the opposition to get hot under the collar... as it clearly does with Marko (though perhaps not anyone else at RB).

I don't get Marko, you can wind him up and watch him kick off like a teenage girl. Imagine him in the pub with a bit of banter floating about. He'd be on his feet and storming off in no time.

You can only win by doing the best job YOU can do. Working to diminish the performance of your competition is a distraction from working on yourself. Time spent on mind games is an attempt at weakening your opponent's performance rather than working to elevate your own. In the end, I'd rather be able to say I did everything I could to deliver the best results for myself, not have that feeling that I spent that time trying to drag down my opponent and his performance was still good enough to beat me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:08 pm 

Cozz wrote:
morgana wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 pm 

morgana wrote:
Cozz wrote:
morgana wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

I don't see Marko starting anything here. You need to go further and see that it was Alonso started it by saying he's not racing Vettel but Newey for the championship.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 pm 

Cozz wrote:
morgana wrote:
Cozz wrote:
morgana wrote:
F1nsider wrote:

I don't see Marko starting anything here. You need to go further and see that it was Alonso started it by saying he's not racing Vettel but Newey for the championship.

You have got to be joking. Marko has been talking BS & taking potshots at Alonso & other drivers for ages. Makes me think that he has been trying to use reverse psychology & has ended up sounding like a right pillack (spelling?). If you understand psychology, just giving Alonso the opening to answer gives Alonso the power as has been seen by the differing answers here with people trying to decipher what Alonso "really" means by anything he has been saying or tweeting recently :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm 

Marko "Bitter"? He's not bitter at all, after all his favorite personnel is dominating F1 at the moment, it seems the person creating this thread is bitter and others posting bashing a key F1 figure, a lack of respect and bitterness at it's highest.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm 

F1Thomas wrote:
Marko "Bitter"? He's not bitter at all, after all his favorite personnel is dominating F1 at the moment, it seems the person creating this thread is bitter and others posting bashing a key F1 figure, a lack of respect and bitterness at it's highest.

Change the bloody record. Everyone on here is bitter about everything according to you. Are you bitter about people being bitter?

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm 

Ok, the way I remember it was that Alonso came out and said that their main rival was Newey. Vettel said something like "nope, it is a team effort", which is true, focusing just on one person within the team is wrong, it is a team effort.

Marko, jumped to Vettel's defense and the handbags have been flying back and forth ever since. Much about nothing really, the whole thing.

Let's move on now, past the 6 year old "he said it first" comments...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm 

F1Thomas wrote:

How in the name of fudge does me making a thread about something Alonso said and from what I said in the OP make me bitter?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm 

Johnston wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:

How in the name of fudge does me making a thread about something Alonso said and from what I said in the OP make me bitter?

I think it's your avatar. Spells bitter!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Johnston wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:

In what universe is Ron bitter?

Oh... wait...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Johnston wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:

I dunno I think Ron would be more a Real Ale man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm 

I'd change the title.

Ron/Johnston Bitter says Alonso!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
I'd change the title.

again where is the bitterness in the OP?

an avatar is simply a Picture. Some of the folk with a sense of humour have actually got the joke with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm 

Johnston wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
I'd change the title.

an avatar is simply a Picture. Some of the folk with a sense of humour have actually got the joke with it.

Sense of... hu... more? Sorry you've lost me, sense of what?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:37 pm 

Johnston wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
I'd change the title.

Uuuuh, I was joking Johnston...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm 

Word of the Day: Bitter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm 

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:40 pm 

"Oh dear, its happened again."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm 

I read most of the english media coverage of wrooom and he never said that, looks llike BS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm 

Based on the fact that no major media picked it up, you'd think it was just taken massively out of context. I doubt they made it up entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm 

Cozz wrote:
morgana wrote:
Cozz wrote:

I see your point, but that comment was made at the end of October ( http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/10/27/a ... ing-newey/ ), and Marko's comment above is from early January - more than two months after Alonso said anything. I doubt that Marko can claim that he is replying to that Alonso comment.

By the way, the whole quote reads "“At the moment I am or, or we are not, fighting against Sebastian only,” said Alonso, “we are fighting against Newey, let’s say, because they are first and second in the last four races."". So you are incorrect in stating that Alonso said that he was not racing Vettel but Newey.