planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Ferrari F138
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 am 

DrG wrote:
Being a Ferrari & an Alonso fan, I am still waiting to find out how Luca had his tongue up Alonso's pickle. I want pictures!!!! Isn't that how we prove everything on this forum? That or links!!!! :D

If anyone posts pictures of sthg somehow similar to what you described - even if it's photoshopped images - i'll make you pay my psychiatrist bills :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 am 

Loving the go faster stripe haha

I can hear commentators all over the world commenting on "how fast that car looks."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:34 am 

DrG wrote:
Being a Ferrari & an Alonso fan, I am still waiting to find out how Luca had his tongue up Alonso's pickle. I want pictures!!!! Isn't that how we prove everything on this forum? That or links!!!! :D

Maybe an idea for a Human Centipede spin off movie, Alonso at front LDM in middle and Massa at the back 8O :-P :-P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:49 am 

GicaEric wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:
GicaEric wrote:
Looks completely the same as F2012 besides its nose. C'mon Ferrari, you can do better than that! - And what is that black underneath? - Rubbish...

That's a good post other than the fact it's wrong. (Except the black bit cos that's down to taste)

Anyway, perhaps you need a trip to an optician if the nose is the only design change you can see.

Like for example ???

Sideposts: Double sideposts same since Singapore (Or rather Belgium, Massa tried them first)
Front Wing: Same as Brazil
Nose: Same inclination + the vanity panel
Front suspension: Same since Feb 2012
Nostrils: Changed a bit, I guess smaller radiator
Exhaust: Same as 2012 (modified Sauber solution)
Rear wing: Can't see anything changed, an extra couple of split winglets near the diffuser...

Err, that is typical example of trying to compare from memory or just passing glance at details. They are quiet different.

Front Wing : Nobody is going to put new spec front or even back rear wing while launching. They will keep it hidden till tests.
Nose : The angle of nose and actually front part of chassis has changed a significantly. Have a closer look at the pics from both this and last year.
Front Suspension : Suspension geometry is not same
Rear suspension : Suspension geometry completely changed.
Exhaust bulges : top part significantly different. Slope is differently sculpted on this car.

And just look at the rear end of this Ferrari. it is completely new.

You will see new wings at One of the tests. Same will be case of exhaust I think. Also check out the air channel guides next to rear wheels. That I dont remember seeing last year.

In all, even though concepts are same, they have changed a lot from last year. Specially rear suspension and rear end seems completely reworked. THe high chassis design is also tweaked. And even though looks are very subjective, I am loving this Ferrari.

Couple of quick paint images for comparison.

Here are larger images.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 am 

Lojik wrote:
DrG wrote:

Maybe an idea for a Human Centipede spin off movie, Alonso at front LDM in middle and Massa at the back 8O :-P :-P

congrats... reminding me of that movie actually earned you my psychiatrist bills for the next couple of months :]

anyway ... as that picture is all over my brain and will stay there for a couple of hours - why not add flavio briatore as the guy from human centipede part II and put them all in a special 4-seater ferrari with flavio at the steering wheel and the other guys handling the pedals and switches for him :-P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:

Not a whole lot of area connecting the wing to the vertical supports, and it's all toward the front of the wing. Looks like it might be designed to have the rear rotate down at speed ala McLaren & Red Bull last year.

Edit: After looking at last years wing it was about the same. Never mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 pm 

aaaargh I love the Mclaren, I love the Ferrari, I have no idea who to support this year now... damn you teams and your good looking cars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 pm 

A couple of flash animations comparing last year's car with this one;

http://www.marca.com/2013/02/01/multime ... 16802.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 pm 

funkymonkey wrote:
GicaEric wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:
GicaEric wrote:
Looks completely the same as F2012 besides its nose. C'mon Ferrari, you can do better than that! - And what is that black underneath? - Rubbish...

That's a good post other than the fact it's wrong. (Except the black bit cos that's down to taste)

Anyway, perhaps you need a trip to an optician if the nose is the only design change you can see.

Like for example ???

Sideposts: Double sideposts same since Singapore (Or rather Belgium, Massa tried them first)
Front Wing: Same as Brazil
Nose: Same inclination + the vanity panel
Front suspension: Same since Feb 2012
Nostrils: Changed a bit, I guess smaller radiator
Exhaust: Same as 2012 (modified Sauber solution)
Rear wing: Can't see anything changed, an extra couple of split winglets near the diffuser...

Err, that is typical example of trying to compare from memory or just passing glance at details. They are quiet different.

Front Wing : Nobody is going to put new spec front or even back rear wing while launching. They will keep it hidden till tests.
Nose : The angle of nose and actually front part of chassis has changed a significantly. Have a closer look at the pics from both this and last year.
Front Suspension : Suspension geometry is not same
Rear suspension : Suspension geometry completely changed.
Exhaust bulges : top part significantly different. Slope is differently sculpted on this car.

And just look at the rear end of this Ferrari. it is completely new.

You will see new wings at One of the tests. Same will be case of exhaust I think. Also check out the air channel guides next to rear wheels. That I dont remember seeing last year.

In all, even though concepts are same, they have changed a lot from last year. Specially rear suspension and rear end seems completely reworked. THe high chassis design is also tweaked. And even though looks are very subjective, I am loving this Ferrari.

Couple of quick paint images for comparison.

Here are larger images.

Oh come on, you're showing the first version of F2012, of course it's gonna be different. Anyways, it's useless to debate. I Love you all, I hope we're in for a good season.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm 

swillis wrote:
Well since they don't do prototype racing any more it is the only single seater they make.

LeMans prototypes are required to have a passenger seat, I'm not sure what the rules is in the current regulations but the last time I looked at them it was

1.8 - Cockpit :
Internal volume of the car to accommodate the driver and the passenger.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 pm 

To try and compare the new car/2012 reveal/2012 Brazil cars, I've got a couple of images from interlagos. Feel free to look and compare the changes.

From Brazil

PS: Thanks to Funkymonkey for the comparison images!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 pm 

GicaEric wrote:

Oh come on, you're showing the first version of F2012, of course it's gonna be different. Anyways, it's useless to debate. I Love you all, I hope we're in for a good season.

Cheers.

of course, that is why I didnt bring up the things that changed like the actual exhausts and barge boards. But things I mentioned remain same or similar throughout the season, Most were critical structural changes related to chassis. The things I mentioned have undergone fundamental change

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 pm 

Let's see what Gary Anderson says:

"The rear-end treatment, from the back of the engine, looks like a positive step forward. I was very critical of their car in that area last year - it was messy, with radiator outlets disrupting the airflow.

"It's much cleaner this year, with a much more aggressive treatment of the 'coke-bottle' area where the bodywork sweeps in between the rear wheels, an area they neglected in 2012."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 pm 

Finally some black on a Ferrari F1 car, but at the wrong places!! WTF?!

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Luca hasn't half got his tongue up Alonsos hole.

:?

Last edited by Blake on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:21 pm 

Blake wrote:
Johnston wrote:

That contributed to the thread in what way??? Maybe I am just being naive, but I don't understand what your implications are.

The implication is that Luca likes the taste of Nando poop?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 pm 

I like to think myself as a massive F1 fan but i do worry myself that i dont know even 10% what people on this forum know! i look at the new cars and think to myself yup looks the same as last year. Then only to read other posts saying they look totally different. Then list the differences. Damn my uneducated brain not being able to see the finer details in the change!

Suppose you could call me a fan that loves the sport but just not too technical.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 pm 

Blake wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Maybe a local thing. To "Lick someones hole" is the extreme version of sucking up to someone or kissing donkey.

Other versions are things like.

"His tongue is so far up his hole he can tell what they had for breakfast"

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
What's with the vertical slots at the back of the rear wing?

Those vertical slots pull the air out from under the wing, generate negative pressure, assist in increasing downforce. Red Bull were doing this last year.

Generally, the entire car is a tweaked version of the 2012 car, most of the changes are from lessons learned from last year. Because last year's car had unbelievable reliability, Ferrari have opted not to make any radical alterations to the powertrain, radiator layout, and internal airflow paths.

Ferrari have also eliminated the front brake ducts, a common practice now.
http://youtu.be/PNRhCrCM8sU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Blake wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Maybe a local thing. To "Lick someones hole" is the extreme version of sucking up to someone or kissing donkey.

i don't know why people are always quick to reference guy holes...kinda weird but whatever floats your boat. :lol: :-P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 pm 

Very very pretty. Love almost every aspect of it. They've really nailed the red with white and black trim.
However, I guess I'm the only person that would prefer the same car with a step nose rather than a high smooth nose? :twisted:
The step nose, especially on the Ferrari, really grew on me last season. It looked aggressive and purposeful. The new one looks a bit big and soft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 pm 

I don't understand why everything has to be so different on the car this year compared to last year. Ferrari very nearly won the WDC last year and I understand the car was not the fastest on the grid by any means but surely something they did was a step in the right direction and was carried over. If RBR rolls their new car out and it looks exactly the same everybody would say "well that car won last year so it should look pretty much the same".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:56 pm 

f1fanva wrote:
I don't understand why everything has to be so different on the car this year compared to last year. Ferrari very nearly won the WDC last year and I understand the car was not the fastest on the grid by any means but surely something they did was a step in the right direction and was carried over. If RBR rolls their new car out and it looks exactly the same everybody would say "well that car won last year so it should look pretty much the same".

TO be fair looking at the car from Brazil, there are quite a number of aspects which have been carried over or at least refined. The rear wing for example looks like a good evolution...
Maybe Ferrari felt this design allows a broader scope for season-long improvements and that last year's car had become stagnant in terms of what they could do to develop it. If that was the case, then the best bet is a new canvas to work on so that they can compete in the development race against Red Bull and Macca.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:11 pm 

I think the car is just as ugly as last year's tbh.
Ok, maybe a tiny bit better, but the McLaren is still the best looker so far IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm 

Looking good but I wish they would ditch the white. Flipping Santander.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm 

xECKSx58 wrote:
Ok, maybe a tiny bit better, but the McLaren is still the best looker so far IMO.

That horrible nose of last years? And this one is only a tiny bit better?

Give it some credit!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm 

Beautiful, which is great because now that Hamilton has left McLaren i can support Ferrari once again, at least until Merc is able to challenge for the title again

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:26 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:
Beautiful, which is great because now that Hamilton has left McLaren i can support Ferrari once again, at least until Merc is able to challenge for the title again

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Very nice. I like the white line applied near to the bottom, it gives the car something special. Really nice design of the car.

Hells yes! Took the words right out of my hands!!!

I think they FINALLY did a fantastic job in designing the 138. Since 2009 Ferrari's cars have looked like the design was started aggressively and then the trend tapered off a bit but this one looks like they REALLY did all their homework and the final product looks like a Tomahawk Missile! Let's hope it goes as well as it looks.

DAT WHITE LINE down below… MMmmmmphff!!!

Then the black under it… It's going to look as if it's floating at times. My dream of one day seeing all Black Ferraris may one day come to fruition!
I'm a guy who likes his bikes all black from paint to frame and swing arm to forks with nothing blingy. And my Goldwing done up in a flat black over everything. Man I miss my 959. :((

One other thing I really love is how the nose starts coming to a point and then bulges back out so beautifully at the very tip and the front wing is now so intricately simplified in this orientation. Hope it's efficient and remains as such throughout the entire season. Is it just me or does that element on the center of the rear wing scream STALL DEVICE?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm 

Shock: team boss bigs up own driver.

Seriously did some of you think Luca would say Alonso was rubbish? Or wasn't the best driver on the grid? That Ferrari had a terrible line up for worse than McLaren/Red Bull/Mercedes/Lotus?

Seriously.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 pm 

xECKSx58 wrote:

McLaren actually looks fat at the front end this year. The chassis from driver cabin to the front wheel looks or at least feels thicker (from side view ) making whole car look slightly bloated.
Last years McLaren was beauty with that sweeping low nose. This year, I like Ferrari better as far as looks are concerned.
In the end, I dont give a damn as long as they both go faster than RB :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm 

That rear wing white strip reminded me of the 1993 livery... oh noes!

Johnston wrote:
Blake wrote:
Johnston wrote:

I don't think it's a local thing, actually in my mother language there's a literal translation for that expression, "to lick sb's donkey". Asslicker (translated) is a typical expression as well.

BTW we say "eye" or "eyelet" instead of "hole".

Last edited by chican on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 pm 

The car would be quite pretty if it wasn't for the massive front wing which is totally out of proportion to the rest of the car (like all F1 cars) the bloody thing looks like a snowplow. Question will we see these hideous huge front wings next year?..I can take the narrower rear wing but the front is puke city

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:40 pm 

spooky wrote:
I like to think myself as a massive F1 fan but i do worry myself that i dont know even 10% what people on this forum know! i look at the new cars and think to myself yup looks the same as last year. Then only to read other posts saying they look totally different. Then list the differences. Damn my uneducated brain not being able to see the finer details in the change!

Suppose you could call me a fan that loves the sport but just not too technical.

Hang on for just a little while buddy you're gonna become an expert ;). BIG TIME! (As we are all :P)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm 

johnp wrote:
The car would be quite pretty if it wasn't for the massive front wing which is totally out of proportion to the rest of the car (like all F1 cars) the bloody thing looks like a snowplow. Question will we see these hideous huge front wings next year?..I can take the narrower rear wing but the front is puke city

I was just looking at the 2004 cars, so much nicer. Both the rear and the front wings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 pm 

I actually liked the F2012's livery

the F138 looks good too

I hope the drivers overalls have some black too

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm 

I don't know how people can say the F2012 was ugly and the F138 is beautiful.

Oh know there are many differences between the two, but the only significant difference in the overall look of the car is the vanity panel and a bit of black paint.

Please don't come back to be with loads oflittle details that have changed, they don't alter the overall aesthetic of the car. Yes it's a bit better looking, but hasn't gone from one extreme to the other.

And actually the black was mostly there by the end of last season, although the white stripe separating it from the red is all new.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 pm 

In other, less important, news Acer and AMD are no longer on Ferrari's livery.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm 

no more Acer means no more Acer ducts lol