planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:19 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 2654
Johnson wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:

Yeah Saturday is fun as pole position is key and it's what the drivers need and want. Sunday is done and dusted as a race and people want to be able to see a fight for positions.


Done and dusted? The pole sitter hasn't won Monaco since 2014.


2 of those years [it took huge mistakes] in the pits to change positions. Granted last year position changed but it was never happening on track, at least some tracks you can have a slight dream something will happen, at Monaco it's done on Saturday.


Hamilton was already in the lead in 2016, it was his slow out lap (Mercedes tyre warm up) and running wide they gave Ricciardo the opportunity to get it back. It wasn’t just the pit stop in 2016 though, Mercedes amazing strategy got them the lead. The only time a car has pitted from full wet to slick.


Slow out lap is apart of racing, can happen. A 13.6 pitstop and then only coming out just behind Hamilton is a big mistake.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5936
Location: Mumbai, India
Components used:

Image
Source - https://scontent.fbom16-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5B9294B5

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 164
F1_Ernie wrote:
Johnson wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:

Yeah Saturday is fun as pole position is key and it's what the drivers need and want. Sunday is done and dusted as a race and people want to be able to see a fight for positions.


Done and dusted? The pole sitter hasn't won Monaco since 2014.


2 of those years [it took huge mistakes] in the pits to change positions. Granted last year position changed but it was never happening on track, at least some tracks you can have a slight dream something will happen, at Monaco it's done on Saturday.


Hamilton was already in the lead in 2016, it was his slow out lap (Mercedes tyre warm up) and running wide they gave Ricciardo the opportunity to get it back. It wasn’t just the pit stop in 2016 though, Mercedes amazing strategy got them the lead. The only time a car has pitted from full wet to slick.


Slow out lap is apart of racing, can happen. A 13.6 pitstop and then only coming out just behind Hamilton is a big mistake.


Yes I agree and as is a slow pit stop. But my point was the race was not decided because of a freak pit stop as per your suggestion that races were processions - the lead had already changed before then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2057
Johnson wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
Johnson wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
fight for positions.

2 of those years [it took huge mistakes] in the pits to change positions. Granted last year position changed but it was never happening on track, at least some tracks you can have a slight dream something will happen, at Monaco it's done on Saturday.


Hamilton was already in the lead in 2016, it was his slow out lap (Mercedes tyre warm up) and running wide they gave Ricciardo the opportunity to get it back. It wasn’t just the pit stop in 2016 though, Mercedes amazing strategy got them the lead. The only time a car has pitted from full wet to slick.


Slow out lap is apart of racing, can happen. A 13.6 pitstop and then only coming out just behind Hamilton is a big mistake.


Yes I agree and as is a slow pit stop. But my point was the race was not decided because of a freak pit stop as per your suggestion that races were processions - the lead had already changed before then.

Ricciardo’s unbelievable inlap should have won him the lead, but a 14 second pit stop denied it. That’s why Ricciardo’s slow pit stop cost him the win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 am
Posts: 724
Location: India
F1_Ernie wrote:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/05/22/hyper-soft-wont-make-monaco-a-two-stop-race-pirelli/

But Pirelli’s sporting director Mario Isola said the new hyper soft will be able to do “77 laps, no stop, straight to the end” in Monaco, meaning teams will only have to pit once.

Nice work Pirelli :thumbdown:


Wow. Pirelli are so incompetent. Track position is everything here. I know there is lot of hype on Monaco after sometime it gets boring especially if there is 1stop. Also overheating issues sometimes means car cannot follow too closely either. In 2006 the only race Mclaren could win. Kimi was stuck behind Alonso and then SC ruined his race and car got overheated.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM9-GK3MeLI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: London
Wonder if the over cut is going to be powerful this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 732
Well, here we go.. for me, this is the most boring race of the year.

It's such a shame that there is no way in hell that this race will ever be off the calendar.

But, as an F1 fan I'll have to grin and bear it this weekend :)

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5936
Location: Mumbai, India
Yellowbin74 wrote:
Well, here we go.. for me, this is the most boring race of the year.

It's such a shame that there is no way in hell that this race will ever be off the calendar.

But, as an F1 fan I'll have to grin and bear it this weekend :)


I'll prefer seeing this race anytime when compared to Australia, Spain & Abu Dhabi.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4224
Location: LONDON...!
Red Bull straight out the block on the hyper


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4224
Location: LONDON...!
Super lap from Hamilton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: London
Merc looking competative at least, but Hamilton was fastest FP1 last year and nowhere afterwards. Still don't fancy Hamilton for pole here, not been one of his best tracks hisorically.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 1420
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.

_________________
Winner of the [Charging Hamilton Trophy] !
Winner of the [Dominant Hamilton Trophy] !

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: London
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4224
Location: LONDON...!
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 107
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 1420
Lojik wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)


I see. Yes, I can live with that last part.

_________________
Winner of the [Charging Hamilton Trophy] !
Winner of the [Dominant Hamilton Trophy] !

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7980
(first up, apology to mod but)

There is a perfectly acceptable international colour code available, and would be well suited to tyres.

Black 0
Brown 1
Red 2
Orange 3
Yellow 4
Green 5
Blue 6
Violet 7
Grey 8
White 9

If they made the 'standard tyre ' Yellow or Green above and below could just be referenced by colour.
There is also the option of silver and gold for any 'special' compound needed once


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26211
Lojik wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)

He's had the pace to have had more poles, 2007 was gifted to Alonso when they loaded Hamilton's car with more fuel, 2009 he binned it in Q1, 2011 McLaren were so arrogant about Hamilton getting pole that they thought best not to have a banker lap, Perez brought out the red flag quite late in the session leaving Hamilton little time to warm the tyres sufficiently, and of course 2014 when Rosberg parked his car.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5988
pokerman wrote:
Lojik wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)

He's had the pace to have had more poles, 2007 was gifted to Alonso when they loaded Hamilton's car with more fuel, 2009 he binned it in Q1, 2011 McLaren were so arrogant about Hamilton getting pole that they thought best not to have a banker lap, Perez brought out the red flag quite late in the session leaving Hamilton little time to warm the tyres sufficiently, and of course 2014 when Rosberg parked his car.

This doesn't make Lojik's argument wrong. It probably is Lewis's worst track on that respect


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5988
JN23 wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Is there any link for this video? They shouldn't just hand a slap on the wrist, that is a big no-no in racing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4766
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lojik wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)

He's had the pace to have had more poles, 2007 was gifted to Alonso when they loaded Hamilton's car with more fuel, 2009 he binned it in Q1, 2011 McLaren were so arrogant about Hamilton getting pole that they thought best not to have a banker lap, Perez brought out the red flag quite late in the session leaving Hamilton little time to warm the tyres sufficiently, and of course 2014 when Rosberg parked his car.

This doesn't make Lojik's argument wrong. It probably is Lewis's worst track on that respect

He has had a lot of odd luck at Monaco over the years. I think there have been several races where it has slipped through his fingers. Certainly he was out in front by a mile in 2015 and somehow they called him into the pits unnecessarily. Also he has had an inordinate amount of races here where he didn't get a clean qualifying lap. That said, a win this weekend would make three for his career (more than any other current driver).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26211
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lojik wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)

He's had the pace to have had more poles, 2007 was gifted to Alonso when they loaded Hamilton's car with more fuel, 2009 he binned it in Q1, 2011 McLaren were so arrogant about Hamilton getting pole that they thought best not to have a banker lap, Perez brought out the red flag quite late in the session leaving Hamilton little time to warm the tyres sufficiently, and of course 2014 when Rosberg parked his car.

This doesn't make Lojik's argument wrong. It probably is Lewis's worst track on that respect

In terms of poles but he doesn't lack performance around the track as such.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5936
Location: Mumbai, India
Siao7 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Is there any link for this video? They shouldn't just hand a slap on the wrist, that is a big no-no in racing


It's quite similar to what the cars did aplenty during the Azerbaijan practice sessions. This happened at the turn entering into the Castle section.

Typically, the drivers do a fast rolling u-turn. Don't know why Verstappen preferred to reverse instead. Maybe he wanted to save that set of tires but he had already done the damage by locking up massively!

Here's the video:

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26211
UnlikeUday wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Is there any link for this video? They shouldn't just hand a slap on the wrist, that is a big no-no in racing


It's quite similar to what the cars did aplenty during the Azerbaijan practice sessions. This happened at the turn entering into the Castle section.

Typically, the drivers do a fast rolling u-turn. Don't know why Verstappen preferred to reverse instead. Maybe he wanted to save that set of tires but he had already done the damage by locking up massively!

Here's the video:

It's strange the way he decided to reverse back in a straight line onto the racing line rather than veer his car to the left and out of the way.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5988
pokerman wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lojik wrote:

I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)

He's had the pace to have had more poles, 2007 was gifted to Alonso when they loaded Hamilton's car with more fuel, 2009 he binned it in Q1, 2011 McLaren were so arrogant about Hamilton getting pole that they thought best not to have a banker lap, Perez brought out the red flag quite late in the session leaving Hamilton little time to warm the tyres sufficiently, and of course 2014 when Rosberg parked his car.

This doesn't make Lojik's argument wrong. It probably is Lewis's worst track on that respect

In terms of poles but he doesn't lack performance around the track as such.

It was his record that was discussed, not his performance. His track record at Monaco is probably his worst, which is true


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5988
sandman1347 wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lojik wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
What? He has done great at Monaco, it's Merc themselves who ruined his races more than once. He was 3 seconds quicker than his teammate in 2016.


I think he has had it on pole once in 11 years. I doubt he has a worse record at any other track. And I am only talking about qualy. But if you like, he is the greatest Monaco qualifier :)

He's had the pace to have had more poles, 2007 was gifted to Alonso when they loaded Hamilton's car with more fuel, 2009 he binned it in Q1, 2011 McLaren were so arrogant about Hamilton getting pole that they thought best not to have a banker lap, Perez brought out the red flag quite late in the session leaving Hamilton little time to warm the tyres sufficiently, and of course 2014 when Rosberg parked his car.

This doesn't make Lojik's argument wrong. It probably is Lewis's worst track on that respect

He has had a lot of odd luck at Monaco over the years. I think there have been several races where it has slipped through his fingers. Certainly he was out in front by a mile in 2015 and somehow they called him into the pits unnecessarily. Also he has had an inordinate amount of races here where he didn't get a clean qualifying lap. That said, a win this weekend would make three for his career (more than any other current driver).

Yeah, I agree. But no one argued about his capability or pace, only that his record is poor compared to the other tracks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 732
so Ferrari had sensors fitted in FP1 (at the request of the FIA?) to see if the engine is using extra power - and they are 1 second off the pace..

A solid session for Merc and the Red Bulls are where I thought they would be.

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5988
UnlikeUday wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Is there any link for this video? They shouldn't just hand a slap on the wrist, that is a big no-no in racing


It's quite similar to what the cars did aplenty during the Azerbaijan practice sessions. This happened at the turn entering into the Castle section.

Typically, the drivers do a fast rolling u-turn. Don't know why Verstappen preferred to reverse instead. Maybe he wanted to save that set of tires but he had already done the damage by locking up massively!

Here's the video:


Thank you, very idiotic move. Can't believe anyone would want to reverse on the racing line...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 732
Siao7 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Is there any link for this video? They shouldn't just hand a slap on the wrist, that is a big no-no in racing


It's quite similar to what the cars did aplenty during the Azerbaijan practice sessions. This happened at the turn entering into the Castle section.

Typically, the drivers do a fast rolling u-turn. Don't know why Verstappen preferred to reverse instead. Maybe he wanted to save that set of tires but he had already done the damage by locking up massively!

Here's the video:


Thank you, very idiotic move. Can't believe anyone would want to reverse on the racing line...


Surely there was more than enough room to spin the car around?

_________________
Should I grow a beard?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 260
Yellowbin74 wrote:
so Ferrari had sensors fitted in FP1 (at the request of the FIA?) to see if the engine is using extra power - and they are 1 second off the pace..

A solid session for Merc and the Red Bulls are where I thought they would be.


Doesnt ferrari always turn their engines down in FP 1,2 and then turn them up in FP3 onwards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5936
Location: Mumbai, India
I'm assuming he wanted to avoid the donut in order to preserve the tires for some more running. Can't think of anything else!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22715
lucifers wrote:
Yellowbin74 wrote:
so Ferrari had sensors fitted in FP1 (at the request of the FIA?) to see if the engine is using extra power - and they are 1 second off the pace..

A solid session for Merc and the Red Bulls are where I thought they would be.


Doesnt ferrari always turn their engines down in FP 1,2 and then turn them up in FP3 onwards.

They were also slow in Spain, too, without any sensors fitted...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26211
lucifers wrote:
Yellowbin74 wrote:
so Ferrari had sensors fitted in FP1 (at the request of the FIA?) to see if the engine is using extra power - and they are 1 second off the pace..

A solid session for Merc and the Red Bulls are where I thought they would be.


Doesnt ferrari always turn their engines down in FP 1,2 and then turn them up in FP3 onwards.

Yep

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26211
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm assuming he wanted to avoid the donut in order to preserve the tires for some more running. Can't think of anything else!

The tyres were already damaged, he had to pit.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4224
Location: LONDON...!
Siao7 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Vestappen under investigation for reversing back onto the track/racing line meaning Vettel had to avoid.


I didn't think that was the cleverest thing to do when I first saw it. I imagine it'll just be a slap on the wrist.


Is there any link for this video? They shouldn't just hand a slap on the wrist, that is a big no-no in racing

Well he has got away with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4224
Location: LONDON...!
From Planet F1:

Quote:
The stewards have decided to take no further action after reviewing an incident where Max Verstappen reversed back onto the Monaco track.

The Dutchman suffered a heavy lock-up going into Ste Devote and used the run-off area to avoid going into the barriers during FP1.

But, Verstappen was placed under investigation after he reversed onto the middle of the track and forced Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel to use the pit lane exit in order to avoid him.

Verstappen was investigated for potentially rejoining the track in an unsafe manner, but the stewards have opted not to take the matter further.

The stewards ultimately decided Verstappen was safe to rejoin the track in such a manner as that section of the circuit was “under yellow flags” and his reverse was done “in a manner that posed no danger to the other drivers”.

They have opened up a can of worms here. To allow that to happen is a joke.

It was a single waved yellow not a double yet Vettel had to leave the racing line into the pit exit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22715
Clarky wrote:
From Planet F1:

Quote:
The stewards have decided to take no further action after reviewing an incident where Max Verstappen reversed back onto the Monaco track.

The Dutchman suffered a heavy lock-up going into Ste Devote and used the run-off area to avoid going into the barriers during FP1.

But, Verstappen was placed under investigation after he reversed onto the middle of the track and forced Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel to use the pit lane exit in order to avoid him.

Verstappen was investigated for potentially rejoining the track in an unsafe manner, but the stewards have opted not to take the matter further.

The stewards ultimately decided Verstappen was safe to rejoin the track in such a manner as that section of the circuit was “under yellow flags” and his reverse was done “in a manner that posed no danger to the other drivers”.

They have opened up a can of worms here. To allow that to happen is a joke.

It was a single waved yellow not a double yet Vettel had to leave the racing line into the pit exit.

Yes it’s odd. It shouldn’t be left to the driver to judge whether or not it’s safe and there should be just a blanket no when doing something like this. I don’t get why the stewards appear to be so reluctant to do anything whenever Verstappen is involved


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4766
Zoue wrote:
Clarky wrote:
From Planet F1:

Quote:
The stewards have decided to take no further action after reviewing an incident where Max Verstappen reversed back onto the Monaco track.

The Dutchman suffered a heavy lock-up going into Ste Devote and used the run-off area to avoid going into the barriers during FP1.

But, Verstappen was placed under investigation after he reversed onto the middle of the track and forced Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel to use the pit lane exit in order to avoid him.

Verstappen was investigated for potentially rejoining the track in an unsafe manner, but the stewards have opted not to take the matter further.

The stewards ultimately decided Verstappen was safe to rejoin the track in such a manner as that section of the circuit was “under yellow flags” and his reverse was done “in a manner that posed no danger to the other drivers”.

They have opened up a can of worms here. To allow that to happen is a joke.

It was a single waved yellow not a double yet Vettel had to leave the racing line into the pit exit.

Yes it’s odd. It shouldn’t be left to the driver to judge whether or not it’s safe and there should be just a blanket no when doing something like this. I don’t get why the stewards appear to be so reluctant to do anything whenever Verstappen is involved

A reprimand seems to be appropriate here. Certainly I wouldn't have wanted to see anything like a grid penalty but to just take no action at all is dubious. Max's growth will be stunted by all of this special treatment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22715
sandman1347 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Clarky wrote:
From Planet F1:

Quote:
The stewards have decided to take no further action after reviewing an incident where Max Verstappen reversed back onto the Monaco track.

The Dutchman suffered a heavy lock-up going into Ste Devote and used the run-off area to avoid going into the barriers during FP1.

But, Verstappen was placed under investigation after he reversed onto the middle of the track and forced Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel to use the pit lane exit in order to avoid him.

Verstappen was investigated for potentially rejoining the track in an unsafe manner, but the stewards have opted not to take the matter further.

The stewards ultimately decided Verstappen was safe to rejoin the track in such a manner as that section of the circuit was “under yellow flags” and his reverse was done “in a manner that posed no danger to the other drivers”.

They have opened up a can of worms here. To allow that to happen is a joke.

It was a single waved yellow not a double yet Vettel had to leave the racing line into the pit exit.

Yes it’s odd. It shouldn’t be left to the driver to judge whether or not it’s safe and there should be just a blanket no when doing something like this. I don’t get why the stewards appear to be so reluctant to do anything whenever Verstappen is involved

A reprimand seems to be appropriate here. Certainly I wouldn't have wanted to see anything like a grid penalty but to just take no action at all is dubious. Max's growth will be stunted by all of this special treatment.

Yeah I’d agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5988
Zoue wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Clarky wrote:
From Planet F1:

Quote:
The stewards have decided to take no further action after reviewing an incident where Max Verstappen reversed back onto the Monaco track.

The Dutchman suffered a heavy lock-up going into Ste Devote and used the run-off area to avoid going into the barriers during FP1.

But, Verstappen was placed under investigation after he reversed onto the middle of the track and forced Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel to use the pit lane exit in order to avoid him.

Verstappen was investigated for potentially rejoining the track in an unsafe manner, but the stewards have opted not to take the matter further.

The stewards ultimately decided Verstappen was safe to rejoin the track in such a manner as that section of the circuit was “under yellow flags” and his reverse was done “in a manner that posed no danger to the other drivers”.

They have opened up a can of worms here. To allow that to happen is a joke.

It was a single waved yellow not a double yet Vettel had to leave the racing line into the pit exit.

Yes it’s odd. It shouldn’t be left to the driver to judge whether or not it’s safe and there should be just a blanket no when doing something like this. I don’t get why the stewards appear to be so reluctant to do anything whenever Verstappen is involved

A reprimand seems to be appropriate here. Certainly I wouldn't have wanted to see anything like a grid penalty but to just take no action at all is dubious. Max's growth will be stunted by all of this special treatment.

Yeah I’d agree.

I agree, I wouldn't want to lose or compromise Max's race as this is only FP. However this is not a simple thing to brush under the carpet, you simply cannot reverse onto an oncoming car in the racing line. The fact that another car took avoiding action is proof enough. I would be calling him into the room and point it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Mod Aqua and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group