2nd 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
3rd 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
4th 56%  56%  [ 35 ]
5th 22%  22%  [ 14 ]
6th 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7th 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 63
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 am 

I have been a fan of FI for many years now. Just gotta say I never thought I would see the day where I can actually say that FI is sitting 2nd in the championship. Great job team!!!

Realistically I see them finishing 3rd this year at best and 5th at worse. Unfortunately I don't know if their budget will allow them to keep this pace up throughout the year. Now history has shown us that they do have a good development program so anything is possible.

I think Ferrari may just have a dog of a car/engine and won't be able to catch up to FI. McLaren is a bit of a wild card for me. They have great development and will most likely finish on top of them. Williams also have a great car this year but I have no faith in their ability to develop the car, nor do I think they are a smart enough team to make enough great decisions to overcome this. I also don't think Bottas/Massa are as good drivers as Hulk/Perez. I see Red Bull 2nd

What an amazing achievement it would be for them to place 3rd in the end.

Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 am 

It depends how Red Bull's hearing goes next week. If it's successful, FI are already 10 points behind Red Bull and only 7 points ahead of McLaren. Red Bull quite clearly have a quick car and I don't think the engine issues will ruin their entire year. Red Bull will probably be second in the championship by the start of the European leg of the season. McLaren could easily bounce back once Woking pumps out some strong updates (which they're more likely to do than FI). Ferrari will get better in a bit, too.

The season has begun well for Force India, but I expect they'll be fighting with Williams for 5th and 6th place by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:57 am 

I would think Red Bull will improve further during the season & take 2nd,

And that it will be a race for 3rd place between Force India, Ferrari, Williams & Mclaren.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 am 

4th I think. Behind Red Bull and Mclaren.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:57 am 

I'm also expecting RBR and McLaren to improve over the season at a greater rate than FI. Williams I expect will improve, but only in a similar way to FI and Ferrari I also expect to get nearer the front, but not sure how much ground they can make up.

I went for FI finishing 4th, but I expect it to be close between FI, Williams and Ferrari.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:52 pm 

I've taken a guess at 4th. If their development can keep them where they are pace-wise then they'll manage to hold off one of either McLaren or Ferrari.

Williams should be ahead at this point but have squandered their opportunities IMO. They really should be making these early races count.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:15 pm 

I think Force India will finish fifth in the WCC.

At Bahrain they had the second fastest car/power unit package, because the four long straights and relative lack of fast corner suited cars with good traction and power.

But there are only a few tracks on the calendar where traction and power will make more of a difference than downforce. These include Canada, Austria and Monza. Spa can be included to a lesser extent as well. These are the tracks where teams like Force India, Williams and McLaren can fight for the podium. Monza in particular is going to be a walk in the park for the Merc-powered teams.

Aside from those tracks, the large majority of the calendar will see a pecking order similar to that of Malaysia, where Red Bull and Ferrari were well ahead of the Mercedes customer teams. Merc and Red Bull have the best cars, then Ferrari, then there's a big gap to Force India, who look like they're slightly ahead of Williams, who are slightly ahead of McLaren.

So it'll be Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari as the clear top three come the end of the season. I think McLaren will finish fourth - their car seems fundamentally strong and just needs some additional downforce, which I'm sure Woking will provide. Force India will beat Williams to fifth thanks to their superior driver line-up. Williams should be doing a lot better but Massa and Bottas aren't doing the car justice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm 

As the situation stands now, its good to see Force India 2nd in WCC for a while.

They'll probably finish 4th. Just keep the developments going through till the end of the season & a few more podiums would be possible.

At 1 time, seeing them in 5th in the WCC table made people say "wow". Now what would be their expression?

No doubt Force India won't remain in 2nd for long, but it's still an achievement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:01 pm 

While I'm hopeful for them that they finish at least in 2nd, I have a gut feeling they'll have enough of cushion to hang on to 3rd once Williams get's into a rhythm and they end up scoring consistently in the points and then I suspect RBR to come in 4th with McLaren a close 5th.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 pm 

I like Force India, they have done a decent job since coming into F1. And its good to see them make steady progress up the field from the back. Realistically though i see them coming in around 4th at the end of the season.

3) McLaren to score at least 1 point... but to spend the season fighting with Manor-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:12 pm 

Somewhere in the 4th-6th range. I think Red Bull and probably McLaren will definitely finish ahead of them.

Depends how competitive they stay relative to Williams and Ferrari

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:21 pm 

I think 5th at best 4th. Mercedes, McLaren, and Red Bull I think will be the front 3. I think Williams or Ferrari will pass them later on in the year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 pm 

I don't think they will finish 1st in WCC. Hopefully though, as high as they can.

A few wins for this team will make this season a bit colorful. Because even in 2002 and 2004, there were other teams that could finish a race first. Fans had been saying 2013 was RedBull walk over.

Now, they understood what is a dominating car.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 pm 

I am a fan of F.I, I'd like to see them get a few more podiums this year. They have a good car and two good drivers, I was surprised that Perez got the podium over Hulkenburg but Sergio was on the pace all weekend. To answer the question I think Force India could finish in the top 4 this year, hopefully they can develop the car but also focus the right energy on next years car too. I'd love to see them win a race this year too but I don't think they can out race Mercedes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:16 pm 

paulsf1fix wrote:
I am a fan of F.I, I'd like to see them get a few more podiums this year. They have a good car and two good drivers, I was surprised that Perez got the podium over Hulkenburg but Sergio was on the pace all weekend. To answer the question I think Force India could finish in the top 4 this year, hopefully they can develop the car but also focus the right energy on next years car too. I'd love to see them win a race this year too but I don't think they can out race Mercedes.

Supposedly, Hulk was suffering from some engine issue after the safety car went in. That's why he lost pace, otherwise I believe the podium was his.

This year FI should keep developing the car in order to keep the Hulk & Checo fighting for good haul of points, if not podiums.

If FI manage to come 4th in the WCC, imagine the additional millions will aid their development work for 2015 & beyond.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 am 

5th is where they can finish. Anything above that is excellent job by team on such small budget. Amongst midfield they are believed to have the smallest budget only ahead of Marussia and Caterham (Caterham is believed to be on similar budget to that of FI actually ).
I think teams like McLaren, RedBull and Ferrari will manage to jump them over a season. But if they can somehow stay ahead of any one of them, it will be a miracle and tremendous achievement.
Ferrari might look in trouble, but I dont expect them to remain as poor over entire season. They will catch up to likes of FI.

As much as I would like to see Williams do well, I think they are in same boat as Force India. Good now, but likely to fall behind in development race.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:51 am 

After the different results in Aus, Malaysia and Bahrain it's hard to pinpoint who is "best of the rest" in terms of the Mercedes-engine based teams, but they have made a significant improvement over the last 3 years and with a strong driver line up I can see them finishing 4th or even 3rd if luck goes their way. We have already seen the FI drivers defend from the Ferrari's on a regular basis, so I wish them all the best and it should make for an interesting season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:01 pm 

As of now, 4th seems the most probable place for Force India finishing this season.