planetf1.com

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:35 pm 

Sort of late 80s, early 90s hybrid.
Is it my bad drawing, or simply the fact that being born in the 70s, these low nose, simpler-lined cars are still the quintessential F1 shape for me? I don't think I've ever doodled a post-2000 style car (shark fin, stepped nose, complex side pods etc). Neither, although I remember them well, do I do the early 80s, turbo/concave fronted cars.
Is it just me?

And yes, it was a dull meeting today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:11 am 

I find it really hard to 'doodle' the new cars, so I resort to drawing out the F1 circuits :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:32 am 

I always thought that lowered nose F1 cars are the most aestetically pleasant whereas the high nose ones are just horrible and hideous, and always have been, since 1994 benetton.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 am 
I always doodle similar but if feeling adventurous I will stick a high nose on it, mid nineties style. Also a piece running from the rear wing onto the body making it like a 1995 Williams.

Oh and I forgot, I sometimes throw in prominent side head protectors like the 1996 Ferrari.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am 

Lancaster wrote:
Sort of late 80s, early 90s hybrid.
Is it my bad drawing, or simply the fact that being born in the 70s, these low nose, simpler-lined cars are still the quintessential F1 shape for me? I don't think I've ever doodled a post-2000 style car (shark fin, stepped nose, complex side pods etc). Neither, although I remember them well, do I do the early 80s, turbo/concave fronted cars.
Is it just me?

And yes, it was a dull meeting today.

Definitely not just you! I doodle a car pretty much exactly that - if it's isometric I do a a really simple front wing with large endplates MP4-4 style.
Pretty much draw an MP4-4 everytime anyway. I guess that's just a link to drawing these as a kid.

Same with the circuits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:40 am 

You guys have ruined me!! After reading this, I'm finding myself doodling in meetings more often. I usually bring a notepad, but most of the time I don't take notes. That will be changing! lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:15 pm 

Some of us are more artistically challenged. I could manage a Lotus 72 (or the gas turbine car) basically a door-stop with wheels and an airbox.
What I would have absolutely loved to be able to draw was a Lola T70 or Ferrari P4 - OK not F1 but something about the sensuous curves of those two really works for me. There was a BRM - don't remember the number but during the Yardley sponsorship era, had similarly attractive curves.
Never really doodled whole cars but often individual bits (suspension components, wheels, that sort of thing - Hope there aren't too many shrinks reading this 'cos I am not sure what that says about me)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:49 pm 

If I draw a duckbill or cocknose car the little woman thinks Im being weird or pervy and when I present pictures showing the hidious beasts in the flesh she give a look that say's ok someones been hitting the crack.