planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

Upcoming TV F1 shows
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1258
Page 1 of 6

Author:  paulsf1fix [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Upcoming TV F1 shows

Hi guys,

There is a documentry on BBC1 tonight: Raing with the Hamiltons, Nic in the driving seat, a one off documentry about Lewis brother Nic who has cerebal palsy about him entering the Renault clio cup.

Anyways the programme is on 10:35pm BBC 1 tonight, Tuesday.

EDIT BY MOD: This thread can now be used for ALL future warnings, so it is harder to miss things.

Author:  Balibari [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

It's also the producing debut of one Jake Humphrey.

Author:  orbthef1fan [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Yeah I'll be watching that, can't wait!
:D

Author:  RickM [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Balibari wrote:
It's also the producing debut of one Jake Humphrey.

Oh god we'll never hear the end of that.

"Yes, I Jake Humphrey produced this live, and uninterrupted on the BBC"

Author:  Yellowbin74 [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

paulsf1fix wrote:
Hi guys,

There is a documentry on BBC1 tonight: Raing with the Hamiltons, Nic in the driving seat, a one off documentry about Lewis brother Nic who has cerebal palsy about him entering the Renault clio cup.

Anyways the programme is on 10:35pm BBC 1 tonight, Tuesday.

Thanks, I forgot that was on.. sky+ here I come...

Author:  dabi [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Thanks for the heads up, didnt know it was on tonight.

Author:  floydhead [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Is it a new doc? I'm sure I watched this last year?

Author:  cinthorc [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Recording this one, looks good. Always good to get more of an insight into drivers lives.

Author:  haz [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

When I first saw the title I thought it was gonna be another reality show with Neil and Christine Hamilton

Author:  Rachie_D [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Really looking forward to this.

Author:  TFLUFF [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Nice one! Maybe you can change the thread name tomorrow and we can use it to post of anything which is F1 related thats on TV in the future, cos i hate missing something about F1.

:thumbup:

Author:  LithoBlitho [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Liking it so far. interesting how they have modified the car to help with the pedals.

Author:  Dom1878 [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Interesting documentary, Anthony Hamilton seemed quite harsh at some points but i guess he is just trying to get the best out of Nic

Author:  hundleton1 [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Very very good program, interesting to see Anthony in action, you can clearly see the machine behind Lewis pushing him forward in the early years. Also an interesting perspective in the 2011 Hamilton family rift, perhaps this was in part to Lewis wanting to support his brother financially and his dad making it very known that nick must sort him self out.

Well worth a watch

Author:  Rachie_D [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Nick truly is an inspiration, that's all I can really say about him.

I've never been a fan of Lewis but this has really shown him to me in a new light. While I knew he was very close and supportive of his brother it's different to see it in action.

Very interesting program and well worth watching.

Author:  amirb [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

good watch. Interesting to see how they could adapt the car and that he was still seemingly competitive, considering he had never raced before.

In some ways it is good that his dad showed that side as it shouldn't be too easy to get a realistic view, although as he was saying they all know they love and car fore each oter without saying it.

Also, Lewis in a bit of F1 2010 pre-season training? :D

Author:  FringeUK [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

I missed the first 15mins, but thought it was very interesting. I liked the fact that Dad was pushy as it makes Nic work harder and gain more self respect and self confident through his own effort rather than muddling along.
Lewis seemed quite a good guy in that prog too - I was impressed that he wasn't acting the big cheese to his bro, but more gently trying to offer help when looking at that off footage.

Author:  paulsf1fix [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Rachie_D wrote:
Nick truly is an inspiration, that's all I can really say about him.

I've never been a fan of Lewis but this has really shown him to me in a new light. While I knew he was very close and supportive of his brother it's different to see it in action.

Very interesting program and well worth watching.


I agree with this...

Author:  dabi [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Nic Hamilton is truly inspiring much like the rest of his family.. My gosh can you see the true competive nature in Anthony, there father. His life, bringing up his children, supporting lewis's career is a hell of story.

Im a massive Lewis Hamilton fan, but havent really followed Nics career in racing so much but i hope him all the best.

Motorsport definetly runs in there family, for a disabled guy to get into a race car & then go out on track for first time ever and actually be competitive and finish anything but last is amazing...

Author:  LithoBlitho [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

It was a very good programme. Nick really seems to be a genuine, hard working person, who doesn't let his disability get in the way of his everyday life.

I agree that Anthony came across as harsh, but at the same time, it was obvious that it was more of a tough love kind of thing, encouraging Nick to suceed on his merit rather than falling back on his famous big brother.

It also changed my perception of Lewis... a lot! I feel somewhat guilty for judging him on how he comes across on F1 weekends and the media perception of him. The old adage 'never judge a book by it's cover' never seemed so fitting.

He obviously adores his brother and looks at Nick as a real inspiration.

One thing though, Lewis, build yourself a trophy house! Can't believe all those trophies were just sitting on the floor!

Great programme, well done BBC (and Jake!)

Author:  Yellowbin74 [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

LithoBlitho wrote:
It was a very good programme. Nick really seems to be a genuine, hard working person, who doesn't let his disability get in the way of his everyday life.

I agree that Anthony came across as harsh, but at the same time, it was obvious that it was more of a tough love kind of thing, encouraging Nick to suceed on his merit rather than falling back on his famous big brother.

It also changed my perception of Lewis... a lot! I feel somewhat guilty for judging him on how he comes across on F1 weekends and the media perception of him. The old adage 'never judge a book by it's cover' never seemed so fitting.

He obviously adores his brother and looks at Nick as a real inspiration.

One thing though, Lewis, build yourself a trophy house! Can't believe all those trophies were just sitting on the floor!

Great programme, well done BBC (and Jake!)


I'm quite looking forward to watching this tonight now..

On another note, there was some other F1 program on Sky1 HD last night (about 10pm ish), no idea what it was but I've recorded it anyways..

Author:  dabi [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Yellowbin74 wrote:
LithoBlitho wrote:
It was a very good programme. Nick really seems to be a genuine, hard working person, who doesn't let his disability get in the way of his everyday life.

I agree that Anthony came across as harsh, but at the same time, it was obvious that it was more of a tough love kind of thing, encouraging Nick to suceed on his merit rather than falling back on his famous big brother.

It also changed my perception of Lewis... a lot! I feel somewhat guilty for judging him on how he comes across on F1 weekends and the media perception of him. The old adage 'never judge a book by it's cover' never seemed so fitting.

He obviously adores his brother and looks at Nick as a real inspiration.

One thing though, Lewis, build yourself a trophy house! Can't believe all those trophies were just sitting on the floor!

Great programme, well done BBC (and Jake!)


I'm quite looking forward to watching this tonight now..

On another note, there was some other F1 program on Sky1 HD last night (about 10pm ish), no idea what it was but I've recorded it anyways..


We deffo need a thread with up to date info on up and coming tv programs. I just hate it when i miss anything F1 related, especially as its only on once in a blue moon.

Author:  mcdo [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Racing with the Hamilton's BBC doc

Really enjoyed watching this, I came upon it by accident. Great documentary.

I was saddened by the contrast between Lewis' Chinese grand prix weekend and Nic's weekend at Donington. 2 completely different worlds. Although it was great to see that his family came to support him instead of making the trip to China (which I took as being an insight into Lewis & Anthony's falling out - although why wasn't Anthony in China for Paul di Resta...?)

Have to say I was really impressed with Nic's final race. A top 10 finish (9th place) during his first year driving competitive machinery, up against seasoned professionals. Very impressive.

Author:  rife_hypocricy [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

I thought Monaco was a terrible weekend for lewis last year, and they were about to show some of it and then cut it.
frickin' joke.

Author:  Tufty [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

rife_hypocricy wrote:
I thought Monaco was a terrible weekend for lewis last year, and they were about to show some of it and then cut it.
frickin' joke.

You do realise, I hope, that this was a program about NIC Hamilton?

Author:  spooky [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

My son was diagnosed with cerebral palsy (hes 21 months old) and the future looked all doom and gloom and different to how you plan. After watching this it just goes to show with encouragement and determination you can acheive anything you want.

Great Watch

Author:  Gaz [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Tufty wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
I thought Monaco was a terrible weekend for lewis last year, and they were about to show some of it and then cut it.
frickin' joke.

You do realise, I hope, that this was a program about NIC Hamilton?


I think he's just referring to statement that Lewis said after the bad weekend at Monaco, nothing else.

Author:  Tufty [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Gaz wrote:
Tufty wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
I thought Monaco was a terrible weekend for lewis last year, and they were about to show some of it and then cut it.
frickin' joke.

You do realise, I hope, that this was a program about NIC Hamilton?


I think he's just referring to statement that Lewis said after the bad weekend at Monaco, nothing else.

But still, a small error about something that had little to do with the main content? That's nowhere near enough to label something a 'Frickin' joke".

Author:  lonix2011 [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Brilliant program, not only does it show some facts about racing it self it also shows Nic as a disabled racing driver and still pulling off 9th.

Great result considering he has zero experience behind the wheel let alone racing. Hope he does well and if he is racing this year I will be watching his results.

His dad is a Proper raised person, no sponges please you earn your own life. Also get to see the Hamiltons as a real family people dont realise Lewis comes from the real world not everything handed to him on a silver plate.

Author:  fieldstvl [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Tufty wrote:
Gaz wrote:
Tufty wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
I thought Monaco was a terrible weekend for lewis last year, and they were about to show some of it and then cut it.
frickin' joke.

You do realise, I hope, that this was a program about NIC Hamilton?


I think he's just referring to statement that Lewis said after the bad weekend at Monaco, nothing else.

But still, a small error about something that had little to do with the main content? That's nowhere near enough to label something a 'Frickin' joke".


Is the "frickin' joke" comment not a reference to the content of Lewis' interview that fateful Moncao weekend...? I'm very glad they didn't show the interview, it would have possibly tainted an otherwise excellent show last night.

Author:  ToughGuy [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

It's on bbciplayer for those who missed it.

Author:  rife_hypocricy [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

fieldstvl wrote:
Tufty wrote:
Gaz wrote:
Tufty wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
I thought Monaco was a terrible weekend for lewis last year, and they were about to show some of it and then cut it.
frickin' joke.

You do realise, I hope, that this was a program about NIC Hamilton?


I think he's just referring to statement that Lewis said after the bad weekend at Monaco, nothing else.

But still, a small error about something that had little to do with the main content? That's nowhere near enough to label something a 'Frickin' joke".


Is the "frickin' joke" comment not a reference to the content of Lewis' interview that fateful Moncao weekend...? I'm very glad they didn't show the interview, it would have possibly tainted an otherwise excellent show last night.


yes, only referring to the interview, including it possibly would have been regrettable.
nonetheless a very moving programme.

Author:  Alienturnedhuman [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Just watched on iPlayer, I am sure there will be some cynics out there who will try to put it down due to the fact he had the name association to Lewis Hamilton, but at the end of the day that only helped him get in the seat to begin with - for him to be competitive, with his condition and with the fact he had no driving experience prior to taking up racing, that was purely down to him.

It was an interesting insight to Anthony Hamilton - the program portrayed him as being totally emotionally detached and treating Nic the same as any other racer he might be managing... until the very last interview.

The most shocking thing for me was when the kid in the wheel chair said that sometimes bus drivers deliberately don't stop to pick him up because they don't want the hassle of activating the wheelchair ramp. I think that any driver found to be behaving like that should be dismissed on the spot - that is totally unacceptable behaviour.

Author:  Tufty [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Just watched on iPlayer, I am sure there will be some cynics out there who will try to put it down due to the fact he had the name association to Lewis Hamilton, but at the end of the day that only helped him get in the seat to begin with - for him to be competitive, with his condition and with the fact he had no driving experience prior to taking up racing, that was purely down to him.

It was an interesting insight to Anthony Hamilton - the program portrayed him as being totally emotionally detached and treating Nic the same as any other racer he might be managing... until the very last interview.

The most shocking thing for me was when the kid in the wheel chair said that sometimes bus drivers deliberately don't stop to pick him up because they don't want the hassle of activating the wheelchair ramp. I think that any driver found to be behaving like that should be dismissed on the spot - that is totally unacceptable behaviour.

I've seen it happen once. He changed his mind when I stepped into the road and refused to move til he put the ramp down.

Sickening that it had to be done, but such is society in some ways.

Author:  Pman8000 [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

I thought he came across as truly inspirational. I loved the way that the whole family was behind him
and supporting him. Lewis came across alot better than how people perceive he comes
across sometimes as well which I thought was really good, because you could see how much his brother means to him.
As for Anthony, I always assumed he would be like that but I thought that he would be different with Nic but you
could tell he was just the same with him as he was with Lewis throughout his racing career, which was very interesting
and good to see. No special treatment there.

What a really nice guy he is as well. Brilliant!

Well done to the BBC and Jake. Shame they couldn't hold onto the F1.

Author:  Balibari [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Sky F1 HD channel is now broadcasting, by the way. I think the official launch is tomorrow evening but there is a loop of stuff on now, some of it worth seeing.

Author:  PzR Slim [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Just watched it on iplayer and what a nice family. Saw Lewis and his dad in a completely different light. Yes he probably got the chance on the back of his brothers own career but hats of to the guy, he is working hard and deserves another year. To have never raced before, jump in the car and be competitive is a great achievement and I hope he can keep improving next year. Hopefully others who face difficulties in their life, no matter what they may be, will see him as an inspiration to go out there and just give it a shot.

And I can't believe that poor little lads story of bus drivers not stopping. What sort of a society are we living in where that happens? If I was to see that happen I'd make sure the driver lost his job, absolutely sickening.

Author:  otmaneelrhazi [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Just watched it on iplayer thanks for the head up. Great show.

Otmane El Rhazi.

Author:  the incubus [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

Any way those of us on the other side of the pond can view this show?

Author:  Daytripper [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Upcoming TV F1 shows[formerly "Racing with the Hamilton'

the incubus wrote:
Any way those of us on the other side of the pond can view this show?

I think there are ways around watching iPlayer if you're not in the UK, but if not some kind tech savvy forum member might torrent it for you.

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/