planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Attending a GP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:10 pm 

I always like sitting on the run down to Pouhon. The banking is large and steep so you get a great view, plus they have giant screens in front to view. The speed they carry in to Pouhon is astonishing to watch and in the distance you can make the cars out as they head up to Blanchimont. It's a great spot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:45 pm 

Thanks, il keep that in mind :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:10 am 

Bare in mind at spa that if/when it rains that the general admission areas at pouhon particularly get slippy and because they're steep, I'd recommend wearing grippy walking boots. Also get there early because the hill at pouhon is very popular. If you're in a group of 5-6 then you're probably best getting there around 9am, if there's just 2 of you then you're probably ok to come a bit later

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:58 pm 

SPA

I'm lucky enough to be going to Spa this year - my first "overseas" Grand Prix (I live in the UK and have been to Silverstone a few times).

Quick question - I can't see any mention of post race "entertainment" at the track? I know that Silverstone has a stage set up on the infield, and I was always very jealous of a friend who went to Abu Dhabi recently and the Saturday evening entertainment at the track was Muse!! Is there nothing similar at Spa, particularly on the Saturday night? Does everyone just go back to their campsites, some of which may have their own entertainment? We're camping in the yellow campsite near La Source.

Many thanks.
Norm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:03 pm 

tormod46 wrote:
SPA

I'm lucky enough to be going to Spa this year - my first "overseas" Grand Prix (I live in the UK and have been to Silverstone a few times).

Quick question - I can't see any mention of post race "entertainment" at the track? I know that Silverstone has a stage set up on the infield, and I was always very jealous of a friend who went to Abu Dhabi recently and the Saturday evening entertainment at the track was Muse!! Is there nothing similar at Spa, particularly on the Saturday night? Does everyone just go back to their campsites, some of which may have their own entertainment? We're camping in the yellow campsite near La Source.

Many thanks.
Norm

Don't know about the after race entertainment for sure, but there was always a good set of bars and a stage on the outside of Eau Rouge.

If not, get a bus in to Spa itself. It's not that far and has a nice selection of drinking holes. As does Malmedy, it's just a smaller than Spa. I really like Malmedy though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:13 pm 

Heading to Monza this weekend with General Admission. I hear Parabolica is the best corner to go in order to make it onto the circuit after the race. Anyone got any tips on making the most out of the weekend?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:27 pm 

Looking at going to Australia next year. At first glance "Jones" stand looks pretty good.
Anyone got any thoughts? pros/cons

Any and all input appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52 am 

I have never been, but google image search stand names + Australian grand prix

Brabham looks good to me. The catch fencing seems to obscure the view quite a lot from Jones, no matter how high you go in that stand the fence is in the way of the apex of turn 1 (the best bit). Although Jones would be great if the cars were coming straight at you and you got the start but I don't think that is possible..

This is Jones -
www.grandprix.com.au

This is Brabham, less fence and a nice view of apex at turn 1, where the ovetaking occues. You can also see a screen from here which is crucial.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/74jYaUmc9SI/maxresdefault.jpg

source, twitter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm 

My daughter just gave me Bronze tickets for Spa this year as a birthday present- Friday to Sunday. I'm stoked!

Any tips gratefully received!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:02 pm 

And any suggestions on where to stay?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:36 pm 

If bronze tickets are general admission then get there early to find somewhere decent to sit. Take the opportunity to walk the track after the race, Eau Rouge is steeeep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm 

I'm going to Silverstone for the first time this weekend for the MotoGP. I bought a general admission ticket so I have a good few options. Where would be good for the bikes? Does there be much action at Stowe or Copse? Or am I better off watching them navigate Maggots/Becketts?

I really should just look back at some previous years races

Also what's Milton Keynes like for partying?

FA#14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:08 pm 

Previously been to Valencia in 2012, the year Alonso won - so the atmosphere was brilliant. Plus it doubled as a holiday in Alicante.

I now have general admission tickets for Barcelona next year, but now looking for some advise on the best place to watch from (there seems to be quite a sizeable area allowed with General Admission).

To anybody who has been, I’d appreciate your opinion :)