planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
Rally Sardinia...

Loeb fail, Solberg fail, and Latvala all out after Stage 7.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
New season kicks off with the Monte 16th Jan. Here

Loeb only doing half a season, Hirvonen #1 at Citroen with Sordo, Ostberg and Novikov at M-Sport without Ford works backing, and Latvala and Ogier at VW.

Looking better with the TV sorted out by Red Bull and the intro of WRC-2+3 Group R+N.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:27 pm
Posts: 105
Any coverage on UK TV?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
Rally sweden live

ogier dominating

http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Eveneme ... lly-Sweden


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
Image
Large... http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... en/233.jpg

Straight fight between Ogier and Loeb tomorrow, with a 27 second lead for Ogier in the Polo :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
Ogier claims 1st win for VW in rally sweden :) congrats.

Image

"Perfect car over the weekend, I never had a car like that, unbelievable. So good, I do not have the words… Of course we work really hard all year with the team, but we never thought we would be like this , this weekend."

1st. Ogier/Ingrassia (VW Polo R) 3:11:41.9
2nd. Loeb/Elena (Citroen DS3) + 41.8s
3rd. Ostberg/Andersson (Ford Fiesta RS) + 1m24.5s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am
Posts: 1309
Sorry rife_hypocrisy, but is there any way of you resizing your signature image please? The more you post the more it'll annoy me that it's wider than the standard post and I'm sure I'm not alone.

_________________
"We can not drive slower, just to make the races more exciting." Alain Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 897
Location: Los Angeles, California
Ogier now the 2nd non-Scandinavian to win Rally Sweden. Not surprised he's managed it (He almost won Rally Finland in his first attempt in a WRC car), but definitely surprised he's managed it already!

That VW looks good, which is a good sign for car manufacturers like Hyundai. Mini entered and was on the podium a few times in its maiden season (even though they only competed in roughly half the rallies), now VW comes in and wins (with Ogier, but still), which shows that a new car manufacturer can enter and have success in their first year. Obviously, that gets harder to do once more and more manufacturers enter the sport, but that only means Toyota, Subaru, and Mitsubishi should get their asses back into WRC as fast as they can. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6861
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Ogier now the 2nd non-Scandinavian to win Rally Sweden. Not surprised he's managed it (He almost won Rally Finland in his first attempt in a WRC car), but definitely surprised he's managed it already!

That VW looks good, which is a good sign for car manufacturers like Hyundai. Mini entered and was on the podium a few times in its maiden season (even though they only competed in roughly half the rallies), now VW comes in and wins (with Ogier, but still), which shows that a new car manufacturer can enter and have success in their first year. Obviously, that gets harder to do once more and more manufacturers enter the sport, but that only means Toyota, Subaru, and Mitsubishi should get their asses back into WRC as fast as they can. :D

Obviously a good start for VW but i can't help thinking that perhaps the win was down to Ogier as much as anyone

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 897
Location: Los Angeles, California
pokerman wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Ogier now the 2nd non-Scandinavian to win Rally Sweden. Not surprised he's managed it (He almost won Rally Finland in his first attempt in a WRC car), but definitely surprised he's managed it already!

That VW looks good, which is a good sign for car manufacturers like Hyundai. Mini entered and was on the podium a few times in its maiden season (even though they only competed in roughly half the rallies), now VW comes in and wins (with Ogier, but still), which shows that a new car manufacturer can enter and have success in their first year. Obviously, that gets harder to do once more and more manufacturers enter the sport, but that only means Toyota, Subaru, and Mitsubishi should get their asses back into WRC as fast as they can. :D

Obviously a good start for VW but i can't help thinking that perhaps the win was down to Ogier as much as anyone


True, but the car is good too, which is a good sign for any car manufacturer that is either entering or looking to enter in the near future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6861
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Ogier now the 2nd non-Scandinavian to win Rally Sweden. Not surprised he's managed it (He almost won Rally Finland in his first attempt in a WRC car), but definitely surprised he's managed it already!

That VW looks good, which is a good sign for car manufacturers like Hyundai. Mini entered and was on the podium a few times in its maiden season (even though they only competed in roughly half the rallies), now VW comes in and wins (with Ogier, but still), which shows that a new car manufacturer can enter and have success in their first year. Obviously, that gets harder to do once more and more manufacturers enter the sport, but that only means Toyota, Subaru, and Mitsubishi should get their asses back into WRC as fast as they can. :D

Obviously a good start for VW but i can't help thinking that perhaps the win was down to Ogier as much as anyone


True, but the car is good too, which is a good sign for any car manufacturer that is either entering or looking to enter in the near future.

Yep and nice to see three manufacturers this year rather than just the two, a pity Loeb decided to retire though this year though, it could have been an epic year with Ogier taking on Loeb

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 am
Posts: 39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QgXLnZFUXo Interesting video. :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
Ogier looking good for this years championship, leads Mexico rally after Ostberg pulls out from a close 2nd place with clutch and electrical failures. last stages on now...

http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Eveneme ... lly-Mexico

Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
Rally Mexico 2013 is over… Our next rally is Rally Portugal in which runs 11 - 14 April. We will be there and hope you will join us.
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H26
Congratulations to Sebastien Ogier, Julien Ingrassia, Volkswagen Motorsport and Michelin another great victory on only their 3rd WRC Rally with the new car, second victory in a row!
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H25
[SS23] Sebastien Ogier (Volkswagen) "We have to take each one as it comes. The start of the season was perfect for us, the car was perfect for us. Very happy. Its really good as now we have quite a good lead for the championship after only 3 rallies, but the season is long."
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H16
[SS23] Mikko Hirvonen (Citroen) "Back to normal. I am happy to get my first podium this year. He (Ogier) was so fast this rally. We have a lot of work to do."
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H11
[SS23] Thierry Neuville (Ford) - Taking his first WRC podium - "I am very pleased, especially we learned a lot. In the morning we tried to push and it went wrong but we are still there. I think we did a good job and we can be proud of this. We make another step. We are ready to go forward."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 897
Location: Los Angeles, California
Asphalt, snow, now gravel. Yep, that VW is good everywhere, and Ogier is on top form.

Latvala.........if he didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.

Happy to see the Fords still have plenty of pace even though Ford pulled their support. Hope they can keep that pace up the whole season, especially with that Qatar money coming in.

I was expecting more from Mikko here, but 2nd is still 2nd, though I was expecting him to be much closer than he was, puncture or no puncture.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdsBot [Google], Google Adsense [Bot], Herb, motorfinger, RaggedMan, wolfticket and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group