planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 pm 

Rally Sardinia...

Loeb fail, Solberg fail, and Latvala all out after Stage 7.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 pm 

New season kicks off with the Monte 16th Jan. Here

Loeb only doing half a season, Hirvonen #1 at Citroen with Sordo, Ostberg and Novikov at M-Sport without Ford works backing, and Latvala and Ogier at VW.

Looking better with the TV sorted out by Red Bull and the intro of WRC-2+3 Group R+N.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm 

Any coverage on UK TV?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am 

Rally sweden live

ogier dominating

http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Eveneme ... lly-Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm 

Large... http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... en/233.jpg

Straight fight between Ogier and Loeb tomorrow, with a 27 second lead for Ogier in the Polo :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 pm 

Ogier claims 1st win for VW in rally sweden :) congrats.

"Perfect car over the weekend, I never had a car like that, unbelievable. So good, I do not have the words… Of course we work really hard all year with the team, but we never thought we would be like this , this weekend."

1st. Ogier/Ingrassia (VW Polo R) 3:11:41.9
2nd. Loeb/Elena (Citroen DS3) + 41.8s
3rd. Ostberg/Andersson (Ford Fiesta RS) + 1m24.5s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm 

Sorry rife_hypocrisy, but is there any way of you resizing your signature image please? The more you post the more it'll annoy me that it's wider than the standard post and I'm sure I'm not alone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm 

Ogier now the 2nd non-Scandinavian to win Rally Sweden. Not surprised he's managed it (He almost won Rally Finland in his first attempt in a WRC car), but definitely surprised he's managed it already!

That VW looks good, which is a good sign for car manufacturers like Hyundai. Mini entered and was on the podium a few times in its maiden season (even though they only competed in roughly half the rallies), now VW comes in and wins (with Ogier, but still), which shows that a new car manufacturer can enter and have success in their first year. Obviously, that gets harder to do once more and more manufacturers enter the sport, but that only means Toyota, Subaru, and Mitsubishi should get their asses back into WRC as fast as they can. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Ogier now the 2nd non-Scandinavian to win Rally Sweden. Not surprised he's managed it (He almost won Rally Finland in his first attempt in a WRC car), but definitely surprised he's managed it already!

That VW looks good, which is a good sign for car manufacturers like Hyundai. Mini entered and was on the podium a few times in its maiden season (even though they only competed in roughly half the rallies), now VW comes in and wins (with Ogier, but still), which shows that a new car manufacturer can enter and have success in their first year. Obviously, that gets harder to do once more and more manufacturers enter the sport, but that only means Toyota, Subaru, and Mitsubishi should get their asses back into WRC as fast as they can. :D

Obviously a good start for VW but i can't help thinking that perhaps the win was down to Ogier as much as anyone

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 pm 

pokerman wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:

Obviously a good start for VW but i can't help thinking that perhaps the win was down to Ogier as much as anyone

True, but the car is good too, which is a good sign for any car manufacturer that is either entering or looking to enter in the near future.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:02 am 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:

True, but the car is good too, which is a good sign for any car manufacturer that is either entering or looking to enter in the near future.

Yep and nice to see three manufacturers this year rather than just the two, a pity Loeb decided to retire though this year though, it could have been an epic year with Ogier taking on Loeb

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QgXLnZFUXo Interesting video. :?:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:03 pm 

Ogier looking good for this years championship, leads Mexico rally after Ostberg pulls out from a close 2nd place with clutch and electrical failures. last stages on now...

http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Eveneme ... lly-Mexico

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:32 pm 

Rally Mexico 2013 is over… Our next rally is Rally Portugal in which runs 11 - 14 April. We will be there and hope you will join us.
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H26
Congratulations to Sebastien Ogier, Julien Ingrassia, Volkswagen Motorsport and Michelin another great victory on only their 3rd WRC Rally with the new car, second victory in a row!
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H25
[SS23] Sebastien Ogier (Volkswagen) "We have to take each one as it comes. The start of the season was perfect for us, the car was perfect for us. Very happy. Its really good as now we have quite a good lead for the championship after only 3 rallies, but the season is long."
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H16
[SS23] Mikko Hirvonen (Citroen) "Back to normal. I am happy to get my first podium this year. He (Ogier) was so fast this rally. We have a lot of work to do."
SUN. 10.03.2013 / 19H11
[SS23] Thierry Neuville (Ford) - Taking his first WRC podium - "I am very pleased, especially we learned a lot. In the morning we tried to push and it went wrong but we are still there. I think we did a good job and we can be proud of this. We make another step. We are ready to go forward."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:25 pm 

Asphalt, snow, now gravel. Yep, that VW is good everywhere, and Ogier is on top form.

Latvala.........if he didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.

Happy to see the Fords still have plenty of pace even though Ford pulled their support. Hope they can keep that pace up the whole season, especially with that Qatar money coming in.

I was expecting more from Mikko here, but 2nd is still 2nd, though I was expecting him to be much closer than he was, puncture or no puncture.