planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:23 pm 

Do you guys think Bruno will impress this year? I think he did a pretty good job at Renault as a replacement for Kubica.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 am 

An interesting read regarding Bruno and his uncle Ayrton! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2109748/Bruno-Senna-My-biggest-fear-damaging-legacy-uncle-Ayrton.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 am 

rjca92 wrote:
Do you guys think Bruno will impress this year?

I sure hope he will.
Imola 1994 was the first race I've ever watched...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 am 

rjca92 wrote:

Some good reading there Bruno is a good bloke and this article confirms it.
One can't help but think what if he wasn't forced to stop driving for 10 years?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
rjca92 wrote:

Some good reading there Bruno is a good bloke and this article confirms it.
One can't help but think what if he wasn't forced to stop driving for 10 years?

If he never had to stop then we'd definitely know if he has the right stuff for F1. Hopefully we'll get the chance to see Bruno step up to one of the top teams one day. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm 

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/409630/HRT_was_risky_team_for_Senna__mother/

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:25 pm 

XploZiV wrote:

I bet she would like him to drive for Ferrari or Mclaren, since they have plenty of spare parts :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:08 am 

Hohohohohoho

He's even sucks at being a pay-driver :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maldonado owned him :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 pm 

Senna looks like being out at the end of 2012:
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Brun ... 41877.html
Considering how Sir Frank feels about the young Finn it seems fairly obvious that Bruno is a stopgap for a year for Bottas to finish maturing.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm 

There is still a lot of races to go this year. But with Williams good results don't seem to matter when comes to resigning drivers. I'm starting to feel that senna may be damned even if he wins a race.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:08 am 

I think it's obvious Bottas is being prepared for the seat next year.

It's clear Senna isn't doing that good as Maldonado is, although before Spain they were evenly matched during races.

Senna's qualifying is, as said, not as good as Maldonado's, since he never got to Q3.

Though, since Bottas gets every first practice session in Senna's car; I believe Senna has a disadvantage setting his car up for qualif. Especially since the way Bottas handles the car is opposite to how Senna does.

I don't think it's fair to Bruno. it should have been every other race, not every race Bruno has to step aside during FP1.
Bruno's the one who has to learn to understand the car and team. Pastor's there for his second year.

It seems Bruno has to play second fiddle already.

The season is still long, I'm sure we will see some good results from him. After seeing the Malaysian GP, I'm convinced he has the pace.

What an afwul weekend it must have been for him.

Has to sit out FP1, during Q1 he spins out (own fault), after his first flyer was interrupted due to traffic.
During the race he gets knocked out by MS, while his own teammate scores the team's first victory since 2004, and
then his car gets burned up because of the pitfire :D

I saw Bruno @ Barcelona airport yesterday and he didn't look too happy.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 am 

I feel that considering his lack of practice on Friday, he is doing quite decent job.

He loses 1.5 hour every weekend and with Pirelli tires it's obviously affecting his preparation.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:30 am 

Toxic wrote:
I feel that considering his lack of practice on Friday, he is doing quite decent job.

He loses 1.5 hour every weekend and with Pirelli tires it's obviously affecting his preparation.

Agreed,

but if we presume Bottas is going to get the seat next year, I sure hope Bruno will find a way to convince
he deserves a seat in another team next year.

Let's see how Monaco goes. I remember Bruno storming to victory there during GP2's race in 2008. Guess who finished 2nd? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrY8CsaXwzU

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 am 

I wonder if any members of Williams aren't impressed with having senna in the team instead of barrichello. I notice Mark Gillan being asked if senna had an issue with his car at Barcelona and the answer seemed to be a blunt no there was no technical issue.
Maybe I'm reading to much into it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:18 am 

I find it silly to see how Bruno went from fine to evil just after 1 GP if you listen to the media.

Even Mika Salo stated on TV they could replace Bruno by Bottas, which has been downplayed by the team as absolute rubbish.

People seem to forget that before Spain Bruno had twice the points Pastor had. And in Spain it all went wrong for him and all went right for Pastor. Does this mean Bruno should be classified as bad?

Not in a long shot I think.
Also, next GP is Monaco, and Bruno doesn't have to give up his car for Bottas, so let's see how well he performs in qualifying this time.

Season is still long.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm 

He's got FP1 in the next two races.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 am 

Bruno just needs to drive like he did at Malaysia earlier this year. The pressure he must feel must be immense. But I'd rather feel his position is safer than massa's.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 pm 

I think he needs more attention and guidance.

There's no reason he can't be close or even as fast as Maldonado

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:08 pm 

Leen26 wrote:
I think he needs more attention and guidance.

There's no reason he can't be close or even as fast as Maldonado

Actually I agree. Bruno came to F1 at an extremely fast rate. Jumped into single seaters after having done nothing for 10 years,
and was there in 2010. By the end of 2008 he nearly got a deal with Honda. That's 5 years with only that much experience.

You could say he perhaps came to F1 too fast, but considering his age he perhaps had no choice. Should be OK with the proper guidance.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:14 pm 

Quote:
The problem for Senna at Barcelona was allot to do with missing the first practice session. This track required the car to have a good setup suited to each driver to enable the best possible results, especially getting the car to work for each driver regarding how the tyres behaved and worn at this track.

Senna missing this practice session surely had a massive effect on his weekend as you could see how much he was struggling with the balance of the car, especially massive amounts of understeer, even the top teams struggled to get the balance right and drivers suffered as a result during the race.

Missing this practice session is just not benefiting Williams at all unless Bottas was giving the race seat to drive in all the sessions. As it is them putting Bottas in place of their full seat driver for the first session is costing them potentially even better results from Senna.

With Pastor now getting the win it's vital Williams get as many posts as possible to help them in the constructers table, they have to fully support Senna and let him race in the first practice session or drop him and put Bottas in as the situation is not helping them or Senna at all (And at a track like Monaco more track time is vital, again like at Barcelona)

And it's good to hear he will get FP1 at last.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 pm 

I wonder what advice Wurz has for Senna ahead of monaco, how to go wheel to wheel with schumacher till you run out of track?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:37 am 

Huge race meet coming up for Senna in Monaco. We'll know a lot more about this kid Sunday week.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:21 am 

I find all this talk about replacing Senna utter tosh.

Realistically, he was a match for Maldonado in China (here they were EXTREMELY even in both quali and the race) and Bahrain, and was better in Malaysia (this despite missing FP1). Yes, he was well off the pace of his team-mate in both Australia and Spain but the season is five races young. If anyone else's seats should be under serious threat, by logic of rumours about Senna, Jean-Eric Vergne and Nico Hulkenberg would be in deep do-do (not bothering to mention Massa).

Senna has missed several FP1 sessions, and that makes a big difference. I don't particularly rate Senna - in fact I was incredibly harsh on his return to F1 last season, and didn't think he deserved another chance after his displays with Renault, but he is not doing a bad job.

3 more bad races in a row, and the pressure might be on then, but not now. It would be ridiculous to fire him at this stage.

PF1 Pick 10! Podiums: 3 (2nd, India 2011; 1st, Japan 2012; 1st, Monaco 2013)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:37 pm 

He isn't doing bad, great in Malaysia. Maybe not as good in qualy but a good overtaker. Definatley matured since last year, Bottas is good but wait till the end of the season to think about replacing him.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:23 pm 

Does anyone know if they had to build a new car for Bruno after the fire in Barcelona?

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 pm 

Bruno's car is the same chassis, apart from all metal part. Those had to be replaced.

+ interview on his future

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99773

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:57 pm 

0.7 sec off Maldonado in q2 even with 3 laps at the end on supersofts doesn't look good. Maldonado may out qualify him even with a 10 place drop. Very disappointing.
Losing a heap of time in the mid sector.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:14 pm 

Yeah, I think Bruno hasn't found yet how to get the tires work on that car, while Pastor has. Qualifying stays a bit of a struggle for him.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm 

My Girlfriend really loves Bruno, and she says that if he gets dropped at the end of the season, she will write a letter 8O

Watch out Sir Frank!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm 

Gintynm wrote:
My Girlfriend really loves Bruno, and she says that if he gets dropped at the end of the season, she will write a letter 8O

Watch out Sir Frank!

Maybe you should watch out, he'll be after another "ride"

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 am 

"Q: Bruno was more competitive in race trim than in qualifying. Why was that, and what does he need to do to qualify higher?
MG: Bruno was very honest after qualifying admitting that he could have done better and he pushed hard through the race but was ultimately frustrated by Kimi who held him up. We will continue to work hard with Bruno in the simulator and on the track to help him maximise the new tyres' performance."

Like I thought, it seems Bruno has troubles with the tyres. If he could find a solution, i'm sure things will improve during qualifying.

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2156

Edit : Now he has said it himself, so that's the issue

"According to Globo, Senna pointed out that the fact he is sitting out most Friday morning sessions in deference to Bottas is affecting his ability to fully understand Pirelli’s tyres."

http://www.inautonews.com/no-race-win-ultimatum-at-williams-senna

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:51 am 

Bruno wins Lorenzo Bandini Trophy.

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2167

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
XploZiV wrote:
Bruno wins Lorenzo Bandini Trophy.

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2167

Yeah I just saw this. I think it might need its own thread, given that negative comments aren't allowed in official driver threads! I'm a big fan but this is still a surprise, not sure he was really the star of 2011 (the year being awarded) but they've always had a strange approach to picking recipients. Hamilton was overlooked in his debut and championship year before being given it for 2009!

of Alice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm 

For those who don't understand why Pastor is so much faster than Bruno, you should read this :

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/formel1/news-145308-interview-bruno-senna-reifen-sind-ueberraschungseier.html

It's in German, and maybe someone could give a translation? But as far as I understand, they can't explain why the same setup suddenly made Pastor go much faster than a few laps before. Pedal application seemed the same, but yet...

The more I read this, the more I realize the tyres are a complete riddle...

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:56 pm 

He talked how he lost the speed, while Pastor got the speed in the same circumstances, related to tyres performance. The whole interview is actually about tyres, well summed up in this quote.

"Wir stehen im Moment alle etwas ratlos vor diesem Phänomen, was da immer passiert, ob es da irgendeine magische Formel gibt." Bruno Senna

"In this moment, we are all without a clue regarding this phenomenon, and what is happening, is there some magic formula to it." Bruno Senna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 am 

XploZiV, you're literally carrying this thread haha. thanks though.

I just read on Globo.com that Senna had a less aggressive set up than Maldonado to save tires.

But, I think his mentality needs to change from being just inthe mid field to push to the front, we all know the car is quick, you just need to play like the big boys. Aggressive and make a new strategy work, instead of thinking strategy first then mold the car around it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:46 am 

when Bruno leaves F1 either this year or the next, do you think he'll retire completely, or go to another racing series?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:32 am 

i am big fan of bruno but it pains me to see that he is been 7 or 8 tenths behind maldonado in almost all qualy sessions, i thought he would be a bit closer in valencia but still there is no difference, whatever the issue is he needs to sort it out quickly because the car can be capable of podiums sometimes. I still remember how he got in the renault last car and qualified 7th ahead of his teammate and alonso and expected alot from him this year but he clearly is a second of the ultimate pace of the car :-((

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 am 

excrucio wrote:
XploZiV, you're literally carrying this thread haha. thanks though.

I just read on Globo.com that Senna had a less aggressive set up than Maldonado to save tires.

But, I think his mentality needs to change from being just inthe mid field to push to the front, we all know the car is quick, you just need to play like the big boys. Aggressive and make a new strategy work, instead of thinking strategy first then mold the car around it.

Well, I am a true fan. No matter how bad it get's (and it does get bad sometimes :lol: ), I just stick with the guy. Have been doing it ever since he joined GP2 :nod: And I would be the first to agree when he drove badly, like in Canada and his qualif trims.

So, I do agree 100% that Bruno's qualifying is bad. There is something going on he doesn't understand.
I for one, am happy with his race pace (except the Canada one, that was horrible). Anyway, I will be cheering again next race 8)

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:58 am 

For those interested, there is Bruno Senna Q&A coming up, and the question he thinks is the most original, wins a race day at the Williams F1 HQ. :nod:

The only think I'm not sure of is the location you have to be to be able to participate.... Is it UK only?

You may participate till 1pm 28th June.

http://duncanblog.dailymail.co.uk/2012/06/bruno-senna-q-a-send-in-your-questions-and-win-two-places-on-a-race-day-at-williams-f1-hq.html

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso