It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am 

lewis is like the senna i never had
bruno is like the senna i wish i never had

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:30 pm 

XploZiV wrote:
excrucio wrote:
XploZiV, you're literally carrying this thread haha. thanks though.

I just read on Globo.com that Senna had a less aggressive set up than Maldonado to save tires.

But, I think his mentality needs to change from being just inthe mid field to push to the front, we all know the car is quick, you just need to play like the big boys. Aggressive and make a new strategy work, instead of thinking strategy first then mold the car around it.

Well, I am a true fan. No matter how bad it get's (and it does get bad sometimes :lol: ), I just stick with the guy. Have been doing it ever since he joined GP2 :nod: And I would be the first to agree when he drove badly, like in Canada and his qualif trims.

So, I do agree 100% that Bruno's qualifying is bad. There is something going on he doesn't understand.
I for one, am happy with his race pace (except the Canada one, that was horrible). Anyway, I will be cheering again next race 8)

He wasn't as bad as his 10th this week. Had he not been wrecked by Kobayashi, he'd have done much better. I hope he picks it up. I really want him to stick in F1.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:51 am 

I thought his ability to control the car was pretty impressive. Why did he end up getting a drive-through penalty?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:16 am 

freelittlebirds wrote:
I thought his ability to control the car was pretty impressive. Why did he end up getting a drive-through penalty?

Now that you mention it, that was a quite impressive save he made there. :)

Anyway, he got the penalty for that incident with Kobayashi, which resulted in his spin. But I honestly can't see why he got it. He was the guy in front so was allowed to take the racing line....

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 pm 

XploZiV wrote:
freelittlebirds wrote:

Now that you mention it, that was a quite impressive save he made there. :)

Anyway, he got the penalty for that incident with Kobayashi, which resulted in his spin. But I honestly can't see why he got it. He was the guy in front so was allowed to take the racing line....

I thought so too. I love Kamui but I thought that was his fault completely and I was expecting a drive-through penalty for him...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:09 pm 

I thought the penalty was justifyied. Kobayashi was coming through and Senna closed the door on him resulting in a crash.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
I thought the penalty was justifyied. Kobayashi was coming through and Senna closed the door on him resulting in a crash.

Isn't that Massa's signature move on Lewis last year? Leave space, then close fast enough to induce accident before Lewis can pull back?

Lewis got a penalty every time last year. This year Senna got it and it wasn't even as clear as Massa's moves last year.

I swear to god - the stewards must spin some balls to find out who gets penalized and if Lewis is involved 9 out of 10 balls have Lewis's name on them :D They probably don't even bother spinnning... In Senna's case, they probably forgot to add Kamui's number so there was only one choice - poor guy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 pm 

I didn't think the penalty was fair, he was stuggling with his tyres at that point though, was expecting him to come in. Great save and kept going well.

Williams never complain and always move on to the next race. I wish there were more teams like them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 am 

Vid of Bruno receiving the Lorenzo Bandini trophy.

About his driving you can discuss all you want, but when looking at that video, there's no way to deny
the guy is probably the kindest, humblest person in F1 now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzsGUaVJ5pA

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 pm 

Go Bruno Go!
F**k the cold blooded, zero charisma di Restas and others. He can crash and score no points this season, i'll still cheer for this driver. (and loose a lot of nerves)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm 

deffinately bruno is always happy and freindly- one of the nicer guys on the grid for sure

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 pm 

Bruno needs much more aggression, he's got the patience that's for sure. If he can maximize both of those, he will get very good results. He's a Button-like driver.

"Trance had become a dirty word. Thanks to Ian Van Dahl, Lasgo, Flip 'N' Fill and DJ Sammy, a generation of kids has grown up thinking trance is the shittiest music since country and western." - Paul Van Dyk (MixMag DJ)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:57 pm 

I think Bruno is a better driver than he is given credit for. And he is very cute as well... :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm 

Isn't it obvious Williams isn't helping Bruno much? I mean it's clear, as he admitted himself, he has an issue during qualif with the tires. But if you look at this weekend, Bottas drove the young driver's test and they also let him drive FP1 where he crashed Bruno's car. Then yesterday it rained so Bruno did almost no running. How can they expect to keep up with others, or even his teammate?

It's pretty obvious Bruno was never seen as a long term project. You could argue about his performances but I just feel he isn't being helped at all. I'd wish for once he came somewhere he could receive full support.

I just had to let that out as a fan cos I'm getting a bit frustrated. :-)

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:58 pm 

Bottas should get a few of Maldonado's FP1 sessions. Then let's see how it is.

"Trance had become a dirty word. Thanks to Ian Van Dahl, Lasgo, Flip 'N' Fill and DJ Sammy, a generation of kids has grown up thinking trance is the shittiest music since country and western." - Paul Van Dyk (MixMag DJ)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:06 am 

I think Bruno will end the season with more points than Maldonado but will still lose his seat to Bottas.
I can't see Wolff not having an influence on the teams decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 am 

Bruno needs to do consistent top 5 and 6 race finishes. If he can do so, he will keep his seat or get signed to a higher team. To do so he needs to really be aggressive in both quali and race. Spa was good to him last season in quali, let's hope it will be an even better one this time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm 

Well raced from Bruno. Missed FP1 Again. Out performed Maldonado all weekend! Hope that brings his confidence up going in to SPA! He did well there last year considering his time out of the car. Deserves as much time as anyone else to show his skills.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 pm 

Im a fan of Bruno and a great weekend for him, knew he was in for a few points. But the way it seems is that he just happy to be in F1 and feels he is lucky that he made it, rather than feeling he deserve to be in F1. That aggression may not be there as he feel he is lucky or grateful to be in F1. The more races he get, the more he will improve.

However, I feel this weekend has given him some confidence and he will get points in spa.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:37 pm 

Bruno Senna got his first ever fastest lap of the race today. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:10 pm 

Aero problem (confirmed by williams).

Punctured tire in the race, before the second pitstop (confirmed by williams).

Ridiculous strategy of williams.

how do a good race with that?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 pm 

Yup that's true. I thought he drove a decent race. Shame he got a puncture near the end of the race, losing his 8th place...

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 pm 

I thought he had to pit due to the long stint on the tyres?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 am 

amirb wrote:

Quote:
"A few laps before the end of the race we noticed Bruno's rear-right tyre pressure dropping due to a puncture. The puncture forced us to pit, with Bruno eventually finishing out of the points in 12th."

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2226

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:54 am 

I'm a fan of his and hope he gets a drive next year, his race pace nearly always looks good and he is a better driver than maldanado but he lacks pace in qualifying it was the case again at spa. I know he made a mistake q2 but unless he can start in or around top 10 consistently til the end of the season I fear for his future as he won't get significant points. Saying that maldanado must have cost Williams more than he has brought in this season by now with a 10 place penalty to boot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 am 

potter84 wrote:
I'm a fan of his and hope he gets a drive next year, his race pace nearly always looks good and he is a better driver than maldanado but he lacks pace in qualifying it was the case again at spa. I know he made a mistake q2 but unless he can start in or around top 10 consistently til the end of the season I fear for his future as he won't get significant points. Saying that maldanado must have cost Williams more than he has brought in this season by now with a 10 place penalty to boot.

Bruno must improve massively during qualifying. It's all about the Pirelli's. They suit Pastor's driving style perfectly, while they don't suit Bruno.

Bruno's first 5 - 10 laps on new Pirelli's are always slow. When the heat is finally up, things go well. That's why his race trim is much better than qualif. He has to get the heat up almost immediately.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:24 am 

XploZiV wrote:
amirb wrote:

Quote:
"A few laps before the end of the race we noticed Bruno's rear-right tyre pressure dropping due to a puncture. The puncture forced us to pit, with Bruno eventually finishing out of the points in 12th."

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2226

Thanks for the info. Damn, I really wanted him to score some points. Thought it might have been a strategy error.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 pm 

managed to get my wheelchair down the pitwalk and arrived at Bruno's pit just as he was walking away... some members of my group already there started shouting his name and at least one screamed 'Wheelchair' at him...

and he immediately turned about and came back, signing a card for me on the spot.

Many... MANY kudos were won in that move by him :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
managed to get my wheelchair down the pitwalk and arrived at Bruno's pit just as he was walking away... some members of my group already there started shouting his name and at least one screamed 'Wheelchair' at him...

and he immediately turned about and came back, signing a card for me on the spot.

Maybe he thought his boss was coming. :D
All kidding aside, he's always been a very very nice and likeable guy. The only time I've seen him tiddled off was when he ran over that dog in GP2.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 pm 

froze wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

All kidding aside, he's always been a very very nice and likeable guy. The only time I've seen him tiddled off was when he ran over that dog in GP2.

:lol: i agree, i've never seen him in anything but a good mood apart from the dog incident.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:14 am 

SDLRob wrote:
froze wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

:lol: i agree, i've never seen him in anything but a good mood apart from the dog incident.

And he then was probably tiddled off because he killed that dog ;)
But yeah, Bruno is a nice guy, always friendly and patient.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 pm 

For those interested, here's an update on Senna's situation.

As you know there have been rumors that Force India offered Bruno a contract.
Another journalist has published a new article on the matter, plus revealing some other information too.

It is true Force India have offered Bruno a contract, after his sponsors agreed to meet whatever demands the team had.
It also appears Lotus have contacted Bruno and offered him a contract to team up alongside Kimi for 2013.

All is made and offered. But it seems to be stuck at the moment. And that is because those 2 contracts are 1-year contracts, and they are trying to get a 2-year contract.

Norbert Haug has offered Bruno a DTM test, which he has done too, but we don't know if this has something to do with Bruno trying out DTM if F1 wouldn't work out, or had something to do with the FI Mercedes link.

Either way, I believe Bruno will race 1 of those 2 teams, or won't race in F1 next year at all.

What was also notable is that some sources who are close to FI said they know nothing about a possible return to FI for Sutil.

A decision on those matters should be made before X-mas.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 pm 

XploZiV wrote:

Another journalist has published a new article on the matter, plus revealing some other information too.

It is true Force India have offered Bruno a contract, after his sponsors agreed to meet whatever demands the team had.
It also appears Lotus have contacted Bruno and offered him a contract to team up alongside Kimi for 2013.

All is made and offered. But it seems to be stuck at the moment. And that is because those 2 contracts are 1-year contracts, and they are trying to get a 2-year contract.

Norbert Haug has offered Bruno a DTM test, which he has done too, but we don't know if this has something to do with Bruno trying out DTM if F1 wouldn't work out, or had something to do with the FI Mercedes link.

Either way, I believe Bruno will race 1 of those 2 teams, or won't race in F1 next year at all.

What was also notable is that some sources who are close to FI said they know nothing about a possible return to FI for Sutil.

yet alot of news agencies are reporting sutil is all but in, i hope he gets a drive even at Caterham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:46 pm 

XploZiV wrote:

That would be great, it would be a real test for him if Lotus provide a good car.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am 

Very good interview with Bruno Senna. Talks about his career in F1 and Endurance.

It's in Portugese, so might want to translate :)

http://revista.warmup.com.br/edicoes/37/grandes-entrevistas-bruno-senna.shtml

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 pm 

I see his car won its class in the 6hrs of Silverstone but he was the slowest of the three drivers in qualifying. At least he is not missing anything at Williams.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:49 am 

Explorer1800 wrote:
I see his car won its class in the 6hrs of Silverstone but he was the slowest of the three drivers in qualifying. At least he is not missing anything at Williams.

It was his first race along with 2 other drivers who have more experience. During testing he was as fast as the others. Everyone of the team was impressed with his debut. I think he will do very well this year.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso