planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

Which driver won each intra-team battle in Belgium?
Poll ended at Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 am
Hamilton 9%  9%  [ 20 ]
Bottas 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Vettel 9%  9%  [ 20 ]
Raikkonen 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Ricciardo 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Verstappen 10%  10%  [ 22 ]
Perez 9%  9%  [ 19 ]
Ocon 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Stroll 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Sirotkin 8%  8%  [ 18 ]
Sainz 8%  8%  [ 18 ]
Hulkenberg 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Gasly 9%  9%  [ 20 ]
Hartley 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Grosjean 8%  8%  [ 17 ]
Magnussen 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Alonso 6%  6%  [ 13 ]
Vandoorne 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Ericsson 6%  6%  [ 13 ]
Leclerc 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 212
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 2987
Image

Hamilton 9-3 Bottas (63/37)
Vettel 8-4 Raikkonen (59/41)
Ricciardo 6-6 Verstappen (53/47)
Perez 4-7 Ocon (48/52)
Stroll 8-4 Sirotkin (65/35)
Hulkenberg 7-5 Sainz (60/40)
Gasly 8-4 Hartley (68/32)
Magnussen 9-3 Grosjean (76/24)
Alonso 11-1 Vandoorne (92/8)
Ericsson 5-7 Leclerc (35/65)

With nine races still to go in the season, the result from Hungary has quite remarkably given us our first TMW victor for the whole season. Fernando Alonso now has an unassailable 11-1 lead and at this point, all that Vandoorne could do is try and make it look even vaguely respectable. Hamilton and Magnussen also have strong advantages, leading their teammates by a score of 9-3, while at the other end of the scale it's the Ricciardo/Verstappen pairing which is considered to have been the most closely matched prior to the summer break, sharing six TMW race wins each and almost a 50/50 split of the vote itself. Ricciardo's defeat of Verstappen in Hungary also halts Max's winning run at five races, leaving Lewis Hamilton as the driver on the current longest run (also five).

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x1, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 10th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 1993
5 DNFs - all from different teams make this one very difficult to judge!

_________________
Top Three Team Champions 2017 (With Jezza13)
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:57 am
Posts: 579
Location: Far North of Scotland
With 5 different contructors being involved in turn 1, and Bottas starting at back, its a hard 1 to judge. Even qualifying is hard to judge with the weather making it a bit of a lottery.

Nobody really did anything particularly special in this race. Expected performances mostly.


Last edited by Badgeronimous on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5754
Location: Michigan, USA
This has got to be one of the hardest to call in a while...

We've got Ferrari, where Raikkonen looked quicker in qualifying up until the team forgot to put fuel in his car. Then he was wrecked on lap one and never got a chance to show any race pace. Then there's Red Bull, McLaren and Sauber, none of which produced a comparative result in the race. Renault is a tough call only because Sainz was so terrible that I don't want to vote for him, although I'm sure I will since Hulkenberg was doing his best Maldonado impression...

Really, the only ones that are clear calls are Mercedes (Hamilton), Toro Rosso (Gasly, although by less of a margin than sometimes), Force India (Perez looked better all weekend except for in Q3, where he was very close), Haas (Grosjean all the way), and Williams (Sirotkin).

In the end, for the ones I classified as difficult I've gone with Vettel at Ferrari (he was good enough in the race that he's earned my vote) and the quali winner for all the rest except for Renault, where I voted for Sainz mostly just to protest Hulk.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:57 am
Posts: 579
Location: Far North of Scotland
Exediron wrote:
This has got to be one of the hardest to call in a while...

We've got Ferrari, where Raikkonen looked quicker in qualifying up until the team forgot to put fuel in his car. Then he was wrecked on lap one and never got a chance to show any race pace. Then there's Red Bull, McLaren and Sauber, none of which produced a comparative result in the race. Renault is a tough call only because Sainz was so terrible that I don't want to vote for him, although I'm sure I will since Hulkenberg was doing his best Maldonado impression...

Really, the only ones that are clear calls are Mercedes (Hamilton), Toro Rosso (Gasly, although by less of a margin than sometimes), Force India (Perez looked better all weekend except for in Q3, where he was very close), Haas (Grosjean all the way), and Williams (Sirotkin).

In the end, for the ones I classified as difficult I've gone with Vettel at Ferrari (he was good enough in the race that he's earned my vote) and the quali winner for all the rest except for Renault, where I voted for Sainz mostly just to protest Hulk.


Even Hamilton, provided he drove a trouble free race, he couldn't not finish 2nd. Bottas finished 4th, which is what was predicted as the best result possible - but had 2x top runners dropping out to aid that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am
Posts: 312
Herb wrote:
5 DNFs - all from different teams make this one very difficult to judge!

Yup.... almost half the teammate wars never happened. Maybe there should be a way of voting that a particular contest was a non-event.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5325
Max has well and truly taken over the matchup between himself and Daniel. He's pretty much always quicker in qualifying and now that he isn't making silly mistakes, he beats Daniel in the races most of the time too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5754
Location: Michigan, USA
sandman1347 wrote:
Max has well and truly taken over the matchup between himself and Daniel. He's pretty much always quicker in qualifying and now that he isn't making silly mistakes, he beats Daniel in the races most of the time too.

Anyone would have beaten Daniel after a flying McLaren smashed his rear wing into confetti. I take your point on qualifying, but Max 'beating' Ricciardo last Sunday is meaningless.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am
Posts: 312
Exediron wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Max has well and truly taken over the matchup between himself and Daniel. He's pretty much always quicker in qualifying and now that he isn't making silly mistakes, he beats Daniel in the races most of the time too.

Anyone would have beaten Daniel after a flying McLaren smashed his rear wing into confetti. I take your point on qualifying, but Max 'beating' Ricciardo last Sunday is meaningless.

True, and that wasn't the only meaningless results. I mean Hamilton vs Bottas, Vettel vs Raikkonen .... the results were some use for 'team mate qualifying wars', but that is all ... and even qualifying gets distorted by how has grid penalties, sits out practice etc. These head to heads get so distorted by awarding a winner even when only one teammate gets to race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5754
Location: Michigan, USA
iano wrote:
Exediron wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Max has well and truly taken over the matchup between himself and Daniel. He's pretty much always quicker in qualifying and now that he isn't making silly mistakes, he beats Daniel in the races most of the time too.

Anyone would have beaten Daniel after a flying McLaren smashed his rear wing into confetti. I take your point on qualifying, but Max 'beating' Ricciardo last Sunday is meaningless.

True, and that wasn't the only meaningless results. I mean Hamilton vs Bottas, Vettel vs Raikkonen .... the results were some use for 'team mate qualifying wars', but that is all ... and even qualifying gets distorted by how has grid penalties, sits out practice etc. These head to heads get so distorted by awarding a winner even when only one teammate gets to race.

Fully agree. But since people will vote anyway, I make an effort to vote for whoever I thought did a better job given the available information.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnRs and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group