planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm 

I apologise because there surely MUST be a topic on this already (well, the general question of where to watch on TV/online in each country, not just Japan), and I would have assumed as a sticky post. But there isan't a sticky and the forum search won't let me search for the obvious terms because it tells me the terms are too common.

So if there is a thread on this already, let me know and I can ask the mods to merge this into it and hopefully make it a sticky thread, because it really should be one!

But anyway, I am going to Japan for 3 weeks starting this Saturday, and will be staying with my girlfriend and visiting her parents. She's not into F1, so doesn't really know a lot about how to go about watching it (also, has just returned to Japan after 18 months in the UK so is a little out of date) but it seems that the only TV broadcast of it is on a subscription service that neither she or her parents have.

I can't expect or ask them to take out a contract to a paid TV station just so I can watch two F1 races, so I was wondering if anyone from Japan could help out?

It goes without saying I'm after LEGAL suggestions. I'd want to pay no more than 2000 yen per race.

So, the question is whether there is on online model (like Sky's Now TV service where you get 24 hours to SkySports for £10) or whether there are bars where you can go to watch. She lives near to Osaka (and i will be arriving at Osaka airport 2 hours before the Australian GP starts, so for that a bar might be the best choice anyway)

Any again, to the mods, I apologise for duplicating a topic that almost certainly already exists but I spent about 10 minutes using theforum search trying to find it to not avail. Please merge if someone finds the correct thread.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:33 pm 

If you're going on holiday and just want to access content at home which you are already legally paying for, then you might want to look at a VPN provider. I use My Private Network as I travel a lot and there's no way I'm going to pay subscriptions in half a dozen countries around the world, especially when I already pay a considerable amount for SKY in the UK. Costs me a whopping €5 per month (no need for a contract) and I just log into SKY with my laptop and watch the race through my existing subscription. I even bring an HDMI cable with me so I can hook it up to a TV if one's nearby!

Of course this assumes you are already paying for a subscription at home and that it has an online component. And that you have a laptop and internet wherever you are!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:51 pm 

Suzuka! :]

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi