planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: James Allison
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:51 pm 

I didn't see this anywhere so apologies if this is a repost but I didn't see anywhere about James Allison's wife who passed away suddenly on the 23rd March from meningitis. James always comes across as a really amiable person and it's great to see him get the support from Ferrari in what must be an incredibly difficult time. My thoughts and condolences go out to him and his family.

Post subject: Re: James Allison
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:01 pm 

Yeah I had read about this on another forum, shocking news. Thoughts and condolences to the family.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Jesus, that's simply horrible. Apparently she was a charity worker and singer. Nobody knew she had meningitis so her death came as a shock.

Abridged quote from JA:

"I have lost a wife of such dazzling splendour that I scarcely dare type lest I fail to do justice to what she meant to me and to my children. There are words in our vocabulary we all reach for in times of tragedy; words like cruel, terrible, indescribable, immeasurable, pain, loss, stricken, bereft, numb, torn and broken. All of them are true, all of them describe how we are feeling and yet they are all wholly inadequate to express what it is to lose someone of Rebecca’s quality."

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/14399 ... eningitis/

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:09 am 

Balibari wrote:
Jesus, that's simply horrible. Apparently she was a charity worker and singer. Nobody knew she had meningitis so her death came as a shock.

Abridged quote from JA:

"I have lost a wife of such dazzling splendour that I scarcely dare type lest I fail to do justice to what she meant to me and to my children. There are words in our vocabulary we all reach for in times of tragedy; words like cruel, terrible, indescribable, immeasurable, pain, loss, stricken, bereft, numb, torn and broken. All of them are true, all of them describe how we are feeling and yet they are all wholly inadequate to express what it is to lose someone of Rebecca’s quality."

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/14399 ... eningitis/

Wow. What a simple but powerful sentiment.

It's getting dusty in here.