It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm 

_Rogue_ wrote:
Zoue wrote:
_Rogue_ wrote:
Zoue wrote:
_Rogue_ wrote:
It seems a shame to me that some would prefer to try and make mileage from an article supporting the fund for Billy Monger as being biased towards a certain British driver even when that same article mentions a tweet from Perez as well although strangely that was ommitted from being mentioned... Surely whoever was helping to publicise the fund to try and help him recover from his aweful injuries should be praised instead of criticising one article where they committed the horrendous offence of only mentioning 2 drivers who tweeted their support.
Sometimes its better to just say nothing if you can't manage something supportive in the circumstances.

Sanctimonious bull. This is a thread on the Sky Sports F1 channel and the bias they show. It's perfectly legitimate to highlight any topic where that may be the case, regardless of the subject matter. They could have said "F1 drivers support fund," but they made it about Hamilton first and fund second. There's nothing inappropriate about highlighting that.

Say what you like ... It was poor form

I somehow doubt you would be up in arms if the headline would have said Perez supports the Fund and included Hamilton's tweet and it appears the thread was about the amount of content not any perceived Bias. Even when it was pointed out to you that they had posted another article which included other people being supportive of the fund you were not complimentary about that but merely reiterated your incorrect comments that the earlier statement only mentioned Hamilton where it had in fact it also included Perez's tweet but i guess that didn't suit your narrative!

If the headline had been about Perez then it wouldn't have been something that confirmed Sky bias towards Hamilton now, would it? So it wouldn't have appeared in a thread about Sky bias towards Hamilton. Do you understand what this thread is about?

I don't think you thought the above rant through

Actually i thought this thread was about content rather than bias but then again it's not the first time you have been mistaken in this thread when it comes to a comment about Hamilton

Ah, so it's your precious Hamilton you feel offended on behalf of, is it? Well don't worry, it's not about him, but Sky's treatment of him. Do keep up.

Fair comment on the original point of the thread, although to be fair their bias has been the most recent evolution of the thread. So again, your knight in shining armour act is a bit misguided

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:33 pm 

Quote:
Ah, so it's your precious Hamilton you feel offended on behalf of, is it? Well don't worry, it's not about him, but Sky's treatment of him. Do keep up.

Fair comment on the original point of the thread, although to be fair their bias has been the most recent evolution of the thread. So again, your knight in shining armour act is a bit misguided

I would agree that the thread has certainly been twisted that way but i would have made the original comment regardless of whom had made it. Call it Sanctimonious if you wish but i do feel that if there is this persistant bias you like to comment on then surely you would have plenty of ammunition to use rather than use this particular tragic incident as an example. It's more about taste than who it is about i'm afraid and i felt and do still feel you showed poor taste on this occasion. I am sorry if you feel offended but take some comfort from the fact that i would have made the same comment to the most rabid Hamilton supporter.
I see little point of arguing further as i have said my piece and we obviously have a difference of opinion on this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 am 

moby wrote:

They could at least cover the feeder series. As for the others, it does not matter that much if F1 fans are not interested as far as SKY is concerned, if they pick up a million new nascar viewers ith is still a million viewers paying. Sky is world wide, so if it fits in with US time and not UK time, so much better for them.

May not be first choice for F1 viewers, but how many times can you watch the 1973 season highlights, which could be available on demand anyway.

As I said and I will repeat. They have highlights of other shows like GP2 but if it's ratings are not good enough they won't bother with live. There's absolutely no point them spending quite a bit of money on TV Rights, Presenters and crews if they don't see a profit margin (and a nice one too). It's no longer about providing something that balances the books or gets a small profit - it's about mass profits and worth while shows. There was also massive contract questions/issues. Probably the usual - some one wants a ton of money.

In fact if I remember rightly a few years ago there was contract talks about SkyF1 having live GP2/GP3 to build audiences and interest (which might also help F1 viewing numbers). I tried googling this but I'm only finding reports from 2012 and 2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 am 

It annoys the crap out of me how they pronounce Perez's name as "Surgio".

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:07 pm 

I seriously can't stand the Lewis Hamilton Fanboyism the commentator displays especially this season. He fails to acknowledge anyone else but Lewis. I might stop watching F1 if this guy continues to commentate or watch with the tv muted.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:17 pm 

d_dingbat wrote:
I seriously can't stand the Lewis Hamilton Fanboyism the commentator displays especially this season. He fails to acknowledge anyone else but Lewis. I might stop watching F1 if this guy continues to commentate or watch with the tv muted.

Go split screen and watch an option with different audio options :)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm 

Ennis wrote:
d_dingbat wrote:

Go split screen and watch an option with different audio options :)

Not an option where I live. They really should ask him to tone it down.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 pm 

Onservation from a newbie...

A great many threads here seem to devolve just as this one did. Seems quite odd for folks who should know how to maintain a civil discussion. Personally I find it both boring and unfortunately predictable.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:21 pm 

Good god the hypocrisy from the Sky team once again.

From pretty much race 1 their mantra has been that Mercedes need to back Lewis and even in races where Merc specifically got on the radio and told Bottas to move over and let his teammate past, the analysis still ignored that and they continue with their nonsense that Mercedes always let their drivers race and they need to start favouring their number 1 like Ferrari. Meanwhile Ferrari haven't favoured either driver up until this point, and indeed Vettel's Chinese GP was almost ruined by the number of laps he spent stuck behind Raikkonen after he lost a bunch of time through no fault of his own when he pit before the safety car, before he eventually got past with a great overtaking move.

Fast forward to the Monaco GP. At the time Raikkonen is pitted, he is coming up to backmarkers, he's been starting to struggle for pace, and we had just seen the undercut very nearly work for Max Verstappen, had he not had a slow pitstop. Vettel then gets lucky that the backmarker in front pits, and he goes on to set a series of utterly stunning laps. He pits, comes out ahead of Kimi, then immediately pulls away rapidly, proving how much more pace he had and that he'd been bottled up behind Raikkonen.

And all Sky can go on about now is how Ferrari only support their number 1 driver and go on and on and on and on about it in a really accusing manner. Such utter hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:50 pm 

optimisteprime wrote:

From pretty much race 1 their mantra has been that Mercedes need to back Lewis and even in races where Merc specifically got on the radio and told Bottas to move over and let his teammate past, the analysis still ignored that and they continue with their nonsense that Mercedes always let their drivers race and they need to start favouring their number 1 like Ferrari. Meanwhile Ferrari haven't favoured either driver up until this point, and indeed Vettel's Chinese GP was almost ruined by the number of laps he spent stuck behind Raikkonen after he lost a bunch of time through no fault of his own when he pit before the safety car, before he eventually got past with a great overtaking move.

Fast forward to the Monaco GP. At the time Raikkonen is pitted, he is coming up to backmarkers, he's been starting to struggle for pace, and we had just seen the undercut very nearly work for Max Verstappen, had he not had a slow pitstop. Vettel then gets lucky that the backmarker in front pits, and he goes on to set a series of utterly stunning laps. He pits, comes out ahead of Kimi, then immediately pulls away rapidly, proving how much more pace he had and that he'd been bottled up behind Raikkonen.

And all Sky can go on about now is how Ferrari only support their number 1 driver and go on and on and on and on about it in a really accusing manner. Such utter hypocrisy.

Absolutely.

These guys were so desperate for Ferrari to swap their drivers and when they clearly did not then the commentators had to fabricate the swap for their own personal satisfaction.

And then even if Ferrari had then so what; Mercedes clearly have a number one and a number two even though Bottas is quite obviously as good as Hamilton whereas in the Ferrari camp Seb is by far the better driver.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:02 pm 

optimisteprime wrote:

spot on

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:26 am 

SkySports F1 website, Pete Gill wrote:
While Vandoorne moved aside at Portier and Wehrlein would be caught on the start-finish line, critical damage had already been done to Raikkonen.

The Finn, losing out behind the backmarkers and struggling to generate heat into his tyres in the process, lost over three seconds to his team-mate on Lap 35.

To critical effect, Vettel's lap of 1:16.446 - not outstanding by any means - played a 1:19.518 from Raikkonen.

He makes a direct comparison between an outlap from Kimi and a "normal" lap from Vettel to draw the WRONG conclusion that Kimi lost over 3 seconds to Vettel due to traffic & tire heat on his outlap alone.

The proper comparison to find out exactly how much Kimi lost due to traffic, would have been between both driver's outlaps... which is 1:19.518 (for Kimi) - 1:18.650 (for Vettel) = 0.868 seconds. And take that 0.868 lost due to traffic away, Vettel would have still come out from his pitstop marginally ahead of Kimi.

I find it hard to believe that a SkyF1 journalist does not know yet that the outlaps will always be much slower (at any track in the calendar) than a "normal" lap due to a different starting line and lower starting speed because of the pit speed limiter.

DARTH VADER - "The Force (the bias) is Strong with this F1 journalist!"

Edit: inserting the article link

Last edited by Migen on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:29 am 

Migen wrote:
SkySports F1 website, Pete Gill wrote:
While Vandoorne moved aside at Portier and Wehrlein would be caught on the start-finish line, critical damage had already been done to Raikkonen.

The Finn, losing out behind the backmarkers and struggling to generate heat into his tyres in the process, lost over three seconds to his team-mate on Lap 35.

To critical effect, Vettel's lap of 1:16.446 - not outstanding by any means - played a 1:19.518 from Raikkonen.

He makes a direct comparison between an outlap from Kimi and a "normal" lap from Vettel to draw the WRONG conclusion that Kimi lost over 3 seconds to Vettel due to traffic & tire heat on his outlap alone.

The proper comparison to find out exactly how much Kimi lost due to traffic, would have been between both driver's outlaps... which is 1:19.518 (for Kimi) - 1:18.650 (for Vettel) = 0.868 seconds. And take that 0.868 lost due to traffic away, Vettel would have still come out from his pitstop marginally ahead of Kimi.

I find it hard to believe that a SkyF1 journalist does not know yet that the outlaps will always be much slower (at any track in the calendar) than a "normal" lap due to a different starting line and lower starting speed because of the pit speed limiter.

DARTH VADER - "The Force (the bias) is Strong with this F1 journalist!"

8O 8O 8O That's shocking.