planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:11 pm
Posts: 742
Anyone else get goose bumps when Seb said that?

I'm warming quickly to Seb in red. I was never a fan of his at Red Bull, but something feels special about this new partnership. I love that Seb seems to be absorbing himself in the mystique and pomp. Maybe its just nostalgia for Michael at Ferrari, and Ferrari and Seb will be another big let down, but my support for them has been refreshed.

It's starting to feel like the old days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vALQmx_fss8

_________________
Schumacher was better than Senna.


Last edited by Beschy on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Izegem, Belgium
Yes, I grew tired of the Red Bull version of Vettel but this might work!

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Comp
Podiums: 4 (2nd at the Monaco Grand Prix 2013, 2nd Austria 2015, followed that up with a win at Silverstone and 2nd place at the Hungarian Grand Prix)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 2022
Beschy wrote:
Anyone else get goose bumps when Seb said that?

I'm warming quickly to Seb in red. I was never a fan of his at Red Bull, but something feels special about this new partnership. I love that Seb seems to be absorbing himself in the mystique and pomp. Maybe its just nostalgia for Michael at Ferrari, and Ferrari and Seb will be another big let down, but my support for them has been refreshed.

It's starting to feel like the old days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vALQmx_fss8


As a Ferrari fan: No, not really. I have always disliked his almost-scripted Hollywood lines on the radio after the race.

Seeing a Ferrari on the podium was pretty nice, though :nod: Hopefully many podiums and wins await Seb in the red color.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

It was also great with Alonso the first years, but Alonso was getting subpar car after subpar car until he grew tired of it and that supposedly ended up affecting the relationship between Alonso and the team, and whole atmosphere a bit.
Let's see how Ferrari / Vettel do if they keep on failing to win races like in the Alonso years.
Keep in mind that times have changed and Vettel in Ferrari wont be Schumacher 2.0, because then Ferrari used to test non stop in their own track, because it was allowed. Not the case anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2514
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.


Omg! I lost a year! 8O

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 201
Speaking in Italian on the podium, in Australia, was unnecessary. He is overdoing it. Borderline cringeworthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:38 am
Posts: 178
No goosebumps, just shuddered at the thought of the radio chatter we'd endure if he starts winning races in a Ferrari.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 pm
Posts: 69
"Red Bull version of Vettel"

Really? There is not Vettel's version of Vettel? So if he wins a race at Ferrari, he's not going to stick up his "Number 1" index finger? Well, if that's the case..."Ragazzi, Forza Ferrari"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9717
Location: Ireland
The new partnership is refreshing. He looks rejuvenated and Ferrari look like they're enjoying themselves

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5869
Location: Nebraska, USA
vikram wrote:
Speaking in Italian on the podium, in Australia, was unnecessary. He is overdoing it. Borderline cringeworthy.


I disagree entirely. Why is it wrong for a man who's life dream has been to drive for Scuderia Ferrari, a man who is living his dream now, earning the first podium for Ferrari since 2013.. why is it "cringeworthy" for him to show respect to his team (most of whom are Italian) by speaking their language. I don't find it overdoing it at all, instead, just the opposite, I think it was brilliant on his part and suspect that his actions will endear him to the team and it's followers much more quickly than a new driver normally would (unless they WON the first race... then that would trump language!).

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6751
Blake wrote:
vikram wrote:
Speaking in Italian on the podium, in Australia, was unnecessary. He is overdoing it. Borderline cringeworthy.


I disagree entirely. Why is it wrong for a man who's life dream has been to drive for Scuderia Ferrari, a man who is living his dream now, earning the first podium for Ferrari since 2013.. why is it "cringeworthy" for him to show respect to his team (most of whom are Italian) by speaking their language. I don't find it overdoing it at all, instead, just the opposite, I think it was brilliant on his part and suspect that his actions will endear him to the team and it's followers much more quickly than a new driver normally would (unless they WON the first race... then that would trump language!).

Alonso was on the podium twice last year. China and Hungary.

I'd forgotten about China actually, just looked it up to make sure I wasn't going mad!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:14 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Pandemonium Fortress
vikram wrote:
Speaking in Italian on the podium, in Australia, was unnecessary. He is overdoing it. Borderline cringeworthy.

To be honest, there was no one better than Hakkinen in that regard. He spoke only when necessary.

Maybe Vettel can learn this style a little from his teammate Kimi this year.

_________________
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:14 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Pandemonium Fortress
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Blake wrote:
vikram wrote:
Speaking in Italian on the podium, in Australia, was unnecessary. He is overdoing it. Borderline cringeworthy.


I disagree entirely. Why is it wrong for a man who's life dream has been to drive for Scuderia Ferrari, a man who is living his dream now, earning the first podium for Ferrari since 2013.. why is it "cringeworthy" for him to show respect to his team (most of whom are Italian) by speaking their language. I don't find it overdoing it at all, instead, just the opposite, I think it was brilliant on his part and suspect that his actions will endear him to the team and it's followers much more quickly than a new driver normally would (unless they WON the first race... then that would trump language!).

Alonso was on the podium twice last year. China and Hungary.

I'd forgotten about China actually, just looked it up to make sure I wasn't going mad!

Quite normal why those two podiums are well forgotten.

This shows Ferrari's 2014 season was one to forget.

_________________
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5869
Location: Nebraska, USA
Need4Naiim wrote:
Quite normal why those two podiums are well forgotten.

This shows Ferrari's 2014 season was one to forget.


Amen to that! Thanks for bailing me out, Need4! I really had forgotten... a whole year to forget!
;)

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
nixxxon wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

It was also great with Alonso the first years, but Alonso was getting subpar car after subpar car until he grew tired of it and that supposedly ended up affecting the relationship between Alonso and the team, and whole atmosphere a bit.
Let's see how Ferrari / Vettel do if they keep on failing to win races like in the Alonso years.
Keep in mind that times have changed and Vettel in Ferrari wont be Schumacher 2.0, because then Ferrari used to test non stop in their own track, because it was allowed. Not the case anymore.

There was always something lacking with Alonso at Ferrari. He never quite gelled with the Tifosi in the same way Schumacher did and although he had that one great season in 2012 he never looked close to being taken into Ferrari hearts.

There is something different about Vettel. He clearly loves Ferrari in a way Alonso never did, 2006 had Alonso declaring he'd never drive the red cars and all throughout 2007 he seemed to nitpick at them verbally. He moved to Ferrari for money and money only and perhaps a bit of he'd turned down Red Bull and had broken yet to be unbuilt bridges at McLaren at the time (Brawn couldn't afford him in 2009). Vettel moved because he wanted a new challenge and always wanted that new challenge to be Ferrari just like his hero.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
Blake wrote:
Need4Naiim wrote:
Quite normal why those two podiums are well forgotten.

This shows Ferrari's 2014 season was one to forget.


Amen to that! Thanks for bailing me out, Need4! I really had forgotten... a whole year to forget!
;)

Don't worry about it Blake Alonso managed to forget the last 20 years!

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 6827
Location: Belgium
Beschy wrote:
Anyone else get goose bumps when Seb said that?

I'm warming quickly to Seb in red. I was never a fan of his at Red Bull, but something feels special about this new partnership. I love that Seb seems to be absorbing himself in the mystique and pomp. Maybe its just nostalgia for Michael at Ferrari, and Ferrari and Seb will be another big let down, but my support for them has been refreshed.

It's starting to feel like the old days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vALQmx_fss8

I just watched a documentary on John Surtees on the BBC. Pomp? Perhaps. Mystique? Any comments, Fernando? :lol:

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 1949
Blake wrote:
vikram wrote:
Speaking in Italian on the podium, in Australia, was unnecessary. He is overdoing it. Borderline cringeworthy.


I disagree entirely. Why is it wrong for a man who's life dream has been to drive for Scuderia Ferrari, a man who is living his dream now, earning the first podium for Ferrari since 2013.. why is it "cringeworthy" for him to show respect to his team (most of whom are Italian) by speaking their language. I don't find it overdoing it at all, instead, just the opposite, I think it was brilliant on his part and suspect that his actions will endear him to the team and it's followers much more quickly than a new driver normally would (unless they WON the first race... then that would trump language!).


+1 :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
Maybe it's because he's not doing his post-race radio comments, and the fact that the finger is gone, but I'm warming to Vettel. The press conference proved the old Vettel is still in there though. I'd still rather Kimi beat him though.

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6751
Blake wrote:
Need4Naiim wrote:
Quite normal why those two podiums are well forgotten.

This shows Ferrari's 2014 season was one to forget.


Amen to that! Thanks for bailing me out, Need4! I really had forgotten... a whole year to forget!
;)

I don't think I'll ever forget Hungary. Best race of 2014 for me, and how Alonso held Hamilton off, engine issue or not, I still don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 2022
Laura23 wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

It was also great with Alonso the first years, but Alonso was getting subpar car after subpar car until he grew tired of it and that supposedly ended up affecting the relationship between Alonso and the team, and whole atmosphere a bit.
Let's see how Ferrari / Vettel do if they keep on failing to win races like in the Alonso years.
Keep in mind that times have changed and Vettel in Ferrari wont be Schumacher 2.0, because then Ferrari used to test non stop in their own track, because it was allowed. Not the case anymore.

There was always something lacking with Alonso at Ferrari. He never quite gelled with the Tifosi in the same way Schumacher did and although he had that one great season in 2012 he never looked close to being taken into Ferrari hearts.

There is something different about Vettel. He clearly loves Ferrari in a way Alonso never did, 2006 had Alonso declaring he'd never drive the red cars and all throughout 2007 he seemed to nitpick at them verbally. He moved to Ferrari for money and money only and perhaps a bit of he'd turned down Red Bull and had broken yet to be unbuilt bridges at McLaren at the time (Brawn couldn't afford him in 2009). Vettel moved because he wanted a new challenge and always wanted that new challenge to be Ferrari just like his hero.


That's absolutely not true. Alonso was (dare I say IS) loved to bits by the Tifosi. I don't know where you got that idea but it's completely untrue. There was always love and huge amount of gratitude (because of the poor cars he was driving yet achieving good results) towards him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4534
I think Vettel's finger has probably gone the way of Alonso's bullfighter routine. Both part of the exuberance of achieving great success early in their carrer at a young age.

Speaking in Italian caught me off guard, but it was a pleasant surprise.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

It was also great with Alonso the first years, but Alonso was getting subpar car after subpar car until he grew tired of it and that supposedly ended up affecting the relationship between Alonso and the team, and whole atmosphere a bit.
Let's see how Ferrari / Vettel do if they keep on failing to win races like in the Alonso years.
Keep in mind that times have changed and Vettel in Ferrari wont be Schumacher 2.0, because then Ferrari used to test non stop in their own track, because it was allowed. Not the case anymore.

There was always something lacking with Alonso at Ferrari. He never quite gelled with the Tifosi in the same way Schumacher did and although he had that one great season in 2012 he never looked close to being taken into Ferrari hearts.

There is something different about Vettel. He clearly loves Ferrari in a way Alonso never did, 2006 had Alonso declaring he'd never drive the red cars and all throughout 2007 he seemed to nitpick at them verbally. He moved to Ferrari for money and money only and perhaps a bit of he'd turned down Red Bull and had broken yet to be unbuilt bridges at McLaren at the time (Brawn couldn't afford him in 2009). Vettel moved because he wanted a new challenge and always wanted that new challenge to be Ferrari just like his hero.


That's absolutely not true. Alonso was (dare I say IS) loved to bits by the Tifosi. I don't know where you got that idea but it's completely untrue. There was always love and huge amount of gratitude (because of the poor cars he was driving yet achieving good results) towards him.

I never saw the Tifosi take Alonso to their hearts if I'm honest. Did they like him? Yes. Did they love him? I'm not so sure tbh, especially now he's seen as having stabbed them in the back by going back to McLaren.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 1108
He said "Bellissimo" to an English lady interviewing him, so still got allot of Italian to learn, but he will get there. Not an easy language to learn for a German, but he will do it, just takes time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: Ireland
First I would like to state that Alonso is a true great. And I do really hope McLaren can (eventually) provide him with the equipment to win more.
But I have often defended Vettel on this forum and took the opportunity to take a little dig at Alonso. So truthfully my gut feeling tells me the Vettel/Ferrari relationship will be better than the Alonso one.
Before all that happens though my heart yearns for Kimi to bow out in a little blaze of glory.
There is always hope.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Laura23 wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

It was also great with Alonso the first years, but Alonso was getting subpar car after subpar car until he grew tired of it and that supposedly ended up affecting the relationship between Alonso and the team, and whole atmosphere a bit.
Let's see how Ferrari / Vettel do if they keep on failing to win races like in the Alonso years.
Keep in mind that times have changed and Vettel in Ferrari wont be Schumacher 2.0, because then Ferrari used to test non stop in their own track, because it was allowed. Not the case anymore.

There was always something lacking with Alonso at Ferrari. He never quite gelled with the Tifosi in the same way Schumacher did and although he had that one great season in 2012 he never looked close to being taken into Ferrari hearts.

There is something different about Vettel. He clearly loves Ferrari in a way Alonso never did, 2006 had Alonso declaring he'd never drive the red cars and all throughout 2007 he seemed to nitpick at them verbally. He moved to Ferrari for money and money only and perhaps a bit of he'd turned down Red Bull and had broken yet to be unbuilt bridges at McLaren at the time (Brawn couldn't afford him in 2009). Vettel moved because he wanted a new challenge and always wanted that new challenge to be Ferrari just like his hero.

I disagree. You can't compare Schumacher to Alonso in that regard of course, because MS won 5 titles and was treated as a god by the tiffosi... but Vettel? Lets wait and see what he can do. For the moment its no different than with Alonso, all good and enthusiastic in the beginning, but who knows what will happen in the future. Just because Vettel is german and he wants to emulate his childhood hero and fellow german doesnt mean he's going to do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Posts: 1821
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.


Agreed, I was strangely happy to see Arrivabene give a good interview to Brundle on the grid, miles ahead of what Mattiachi did, always running away from interviews like he was being chased by a pack of angry wolves and giving 1 word answers. And I don't give a flying toss about Ferrari!

_________________
Official Kamui Kobayashi Fanboy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 1734
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
The entire Ferrari team seem intimately more likeable than they did in 2015. Vettel and Arrivabene have brought a lot of humanity back into the team. It feels like the Schumi days again, even if just an echo of them but who know what it may grow into.

It was also great with Alonso the first years, but Alonso was getting subpar car after subpar car until he grew tired of it and that supposedly ended up affecting the relationship between Alonso and the team, and whole atmosphere a bit.
Let's see how Ferrari / Vettel do if they keep on failing to win races like in the Alonso years.
Keep in mind that times have changed and Vettel in Ferrari wont be Schumacher 2.0, because then Ferrari used to test non stop in their own track, because it was allowed. Not the case anymore.

There was always something lacking with Alonso at Ferrari. He never quite gelled with the Tifosi in the same way Schumacher did and although he had that one great season in 2012 he never looked close to being taken into Ferrari hearts.

There is something different about Vettel. He clearly loves Ferrari in a way Alonso never did, 2006 had Alonso declaring he'd never drive the red cars and all throughout 2007 he seemed to nitpick at them verbally. He moved to Ferrari for money and money only and perhaps a bit of he'd turned down Red Bull and had broken yet to be unbuilt bridges at McLaren at the time (Brawn couldn't afford him in 2009). Vettel moved because he wanted a new challenge and always wanted that new challenge to be Ferrari just like his hero.


That's absolutely not true. Alonso was (dare I say IS) loved to bits by the Tifosi. I don't know where you got that idea but it's completely untrue. There was always love and huge amount of gratitude (because of the poor cars he was driving yet achieving good results) towards him.


Exactly - look at the reaction he got on the podium in Monza 2012. Alonso was loved by the tifosi.

And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 1734
As for Vettel - he's still in the honeymoon period. Let's see what happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:14 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Pandemonium Fortress
davidheath461 wrote:
And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.

Alonso knew Newey would have designed future Redbulls before signing with Ferrari. Alonso didn't want to drive so called "Neweymobiles" for some reason i suppose. ;-)

_________________
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 1734
Need4Naiim wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.

Alonso knew Newey would have designed future Redbulls before signing with Ferrari. Alonso didn't want to drive so called "Neweymobiles" for some reason i suppose. ;-)


True. I guess because Ferrari had been the most successful team from 1998-2008, but of course that did not carry over into the new regulations.

Even looking at the BBC season preview for 2010, they were all expecting a return of Ferrari vs Mclaren and Hamilton vs Alonso. Coulthard was the only one to predict Red Bull winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Need4Naiim wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.

Alonso knew Newey would have designed future Redbulls before signing with Ferrari. Alonso didn't want to drive so called "Neweymobiles" for some reason i suppose. ;-)

Let's not forget that Newey had several ups and downs at McLaren before having the very successful era at Red Bull. Not so many people expected him to do so well and become so much important really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:14 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Pandemonium Fortress
nixxxon wrote:
Need4Naiim wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.

Alonso knew Newey would have designed future Redbulls before signing with Ferrari. Alonso didn't want to drive so called "Neweymobiles" for some reason i suppose. ;-)

Let's not forget that Newey had several ups and downs at McLaren before having the very successful era at Red Bull. Not so many people expected him to do so well and become so much important really.

This. :thumbup:

Ingredients for a team are vital for a winning team. Who would have thought little Vettel will win 4 Championships against Alonso, Ferrari, McLaren?

_________________
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®


Last edited by Need4Naiim on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10771
davidheath461 wrote:
Need4Naiim wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.

Alonso knew Newey would have designed future Redbulls before signing with Ferrari. Alonso didn't want to drive so called "Neweymobiles" for some reason i suppose. ;-)


True. I guess because Ferrari had been the most successful team from 1998-2008, but of course that did not carry over into the new regulations.


Given that, statistically they were bound to have a bad period that would last for quite a few years...
I do agree with you though in that Alonso didn't move purely for the money, but for the championships. It was also the most logical team to go to, what with his relation with McLaren being so bad.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm
Posts: 685
Clearly some of you are not living in Italy and don't read the media.

Vettel has humility and LOVE for Ferrari, things that were lacking in Alonso and for him it's the team before anything else(something engrained in many Germans).

I know plenty of people who were tifosi but stopped their support once Alonso arrived there.

With Vettel it's different and there was even an article that was saying that there is a different atmosphere in the garage now that Vettel is there.


Last edited by Pullrod on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 20985
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Need4Naiim wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
And i don't think Alonso moved to Ferrari purely for the money - he wanted to fight for championships again, and he thought Ferrari would be able to provide the machinery for that.

Alonso knew Newey would have designed future Redbulls before signing with Ferrari. Alonso didn't want to drive so called "Neweymobiles" for some reason i suppose. ;-)


True. I guess because Ferrari had been the most successful team from 1998-2008, but of course that did not carry over into the new regulations.


Given that, statistically they were bound to have a bad period that would last for quite a few years...
I do agree with you though in that Alonso didn't move purely for the money, but for the championships. It was also the most logical team to go to, what with his relation with McLaren being so bad.

And the designer at Ferrari - Aldo Costa - didn't exactly have a bad pedigree, either. His cars at the moment are every bit as good as any Neweymobile


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Pullrod wrote:
Vettel has humility and LOVE , things that were lacking in Alonso

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Total BS... you can simply say that you're a Vettel fan and not a fan of Alonso, that would make more sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm
Posts: 685
nixxxon wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Vettel has humility and LOVE , things that were lacking in Alonso

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Total BS... you can simply say that you're a Vettel fan and not a fan of Alonso, that would make more sense.

I meant Love for Ferrari.
You want to tell me Alonso was dreaming to drive for Ferrari in 2006 right?

Vettel since his first season has always had Ferrari in his mind and heart being a big Schumacher fan.
And I am not even a Vettel fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 1734
nixxxon wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
Vettel has humility and LOVE , things that were lacking in Alonso

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Total BS... you can simply say that you're a Vettel fan and not a fan of Alonso, that would make more sense.


Given what happened in Malaysia 2013 and China 2014, i don't think you can say Vettel has a great degree of humility. He tried to put himself above the team on both those weekends.

Let's be honest, no F1 driver is known for humility. They are looking out for themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], owenmahamilton and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group