planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Whats F1 and its debate without the great one? :) Hopefully this is a valid thread. Will Michael's good feeling about the car translate into race wins? A new forum a new hope for Schumi fans. Go Schumi!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 am
Posts: 214
Go Schumiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! You heard it first here guys. WDC 2012!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 1195
it's nice to be back.
Ok on topic, what chances do we think the great one has this season.
Honestly. I'm seeing the start of a push for next season for him.
Think about it.
2010. Bedding in season
2011. Rubbish car. But more consistent that 2010. More points and some great drives.
2012. Car is improving seems to be up the sharp end after the 2nd test. Should challenge for the podium.
2013. 1 last push for the title i think before retireing again in readyness for the new rules in 2014.

It does seem that 1996 in the ferrari is 2010
1997/8 is 2011/2. Rubbish car. But developed into a front runner
2000-4 is 2013 with a front running championship car.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
wire2004 wrote:
it's nice to be back.
Ok on topic, what chances do we think the great one has this season.
Honestly. I'm seeing the start of a push for next season for him.
Think about it.
2010. Bedding in season
2011. Rubbish car. But more consistent that 2010. More points and some great drives.
2012. Car is improving seems to be up the sharp end after the 2nd test. Should challenge for the podium.
2013. 1 last push for the title i think before retireing again in readyness for the new rules in 2014.

It does seem that 1996 in the ferrari is 2010
1997/8 is 2011/2. Rubbish car. But developed into a front runner
2000-4 is 2013 with a front running championship car.



2013 seems to be a possibility with some noises about renewing Michaels contract doing the rounds, his comeback has ruined his statistics for sure so no hurt in trying one more year, gives fans like me a reason to watch F1 with some interest. After all everyone needs a favorite in any sport to follow it with excitement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 428
Im worried...

Nico revealed that Merc has front tyre issues...and that haven't found a solution yet...

On longer runs, front tyres wear is quite big.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Tyre wear, heating issues, seems like its 2010, 2011 all over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 428
schumi8 wrote:
Tyre wear, heating issues, seems like its 2010, 2011 all over.


They didin't had heating issues at all :-|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 1195
michael is alot more consistent with tyre management.. His longer runs at barcelona seemed to show that. Consistent 1'23-1'24's on 18 lap stints. I'm not sure about red bull or mclarens tyre management. Didn't button only do 1'25's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:50 am
Posts: 184
Aduka wrote:
Im worried...

Nico revealed that Merc has front tyre issues...and that haven't found a solution yet...

On longer runs, front tyres wear is quite big.

Could that be because of their new "F-duct" brings more downforce to the front tires?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 97
I foresee a few podiums this year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
But by the time the car hit the track the bodywork had been modified to feature sections coated with a ceramic thermal barrier, but despite this the car quickly showed signs of getting too hot, with scorch marks burning through the silver stickers. This could be a re-occurence of the overheating problems suffered by the W02 at this time a year ago.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/mercedes-w03-2/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
rewas wrote:
Aduka wrote:
Im worried...

Nico revealed that Merc has front tyre issues...and that haven't found a solution yet...

On longer runs, front tyres wear is quite big.

Could that be because of their new "F-duct" brings more downforce to the front tires?


It would be good news if W03 had so much downforce. That would really help them challenge Red Bull.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 428
Rosbergs statement:

Quote:
"We did a lot of setup and detail, there were also some things that were no better, we have made mechanical changes to the tires on the distance to bring. the front tires break down very quickly. We wanted to improve, but it has not changed. "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 334
Go Go Michael.
I just hope this year he'll step on the first step of the podium again. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Aduka wrote:
Rosbergs statement:

Quote:
"We did a lot of setup and detail, there were also some things that were no better, we have made mechanical changes to the tires on the distance to bring. the front tires break down very quickly. We wanted to improve, but it has not changed. "


Wonder there was nothing from Schumi on this issue. W03 more suited to Schumi?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 428
schumi8 wrote:
Aduka wrote:
Rosbergs statement:

Quote:
"We did a lot of setup and detail, there were also some things that were no better, we have made mechanical changes to the tires on the distance to bring. the front tires break down very quickly. We wanted to improve, but it has not changed. "


Wonder there was nothing from Schumi on this issue. W03 more suited to Schumi?


I wouldn't say...

W01 had same issue...front tires would get worn too quickly...

W02 had same issue but with rear tires...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Aduka wrote:
schumi8 wrote:
Aduka wrote:
Rosbergs statement:

Quote:
"We did a lot of setup and detail, there were also some things that were no better, we have made mechanical changes to the tires on the distance to bring. the front tires break down very quickly. We wanted to improve, but it has not changed. "


Wonder there was nothing from Schumi on this issue. W03 more suited to Schumi?


I wouldn't say...

W01 had same issue...front tires would get worn too quickly...

W02 had same issue but with rear tires...


So its back to the front again :lol: sounds miserable


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 334
schumi8 wrote:
Aduka wrote:
Rosbergs statement:

Quote:
"We did a lot of setup and detail, there were also some things that were no better, we have made mechanical changes to the tires on the distance to bring. the front tires break down very quickly. We wanted to improve, but it has not changed. "


Wonder there was nothing from Schumi on this issue. W03 more suited to Schumi?


I certainly do hope so :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
New Schumacher contract 'absolutely possible' - Zetsche


http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-s ... tsche/?i=6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:27 pm
Posts: 20
I would like to publically thank Schumacher for providing me with 2 years of merriment and laughs. :lol: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 pm
Posts: 25
My 8 ball says:

2012 - couple of podiums
2013 - couple of wins
2014 - WDC

Happy days :thumbup: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Scott78 wrote:
I would like to publically thank Schumacher for providing me with 2 years of merriment and laughs. :lol: :thumbup:


Mercedes AMG doesnt see it that way. The "old horse" is still value for money, and his records stay no matter how much you laugh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Michael showed enough talent last season to show he still has something.

If HE gets a half decent car, he will be on the podium.
And the fans will take that for now.

Thr Mercedes will be a step closer to the bulls and Dont be surprised if they are racing against and beating Mclaren.

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Really skeptical about the Mclaren front nose, now that its legal they might have a big advantage over all stepped noses. Anyway I wouldnt mind Michael and Mercedes taking the fight to Red Bull and Mclaren


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 197
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Personally, I can't see Schumi getting another WDC :-(( I think that he's just a bit too old now, (being 43) and I can't see him winning in a straight out fight with some of the younger drivers on the grid (Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso).

That doesn't mean that it won't happen though.. :o

_________________
HAMMY AND ALONSO AND BIANCHI WHAT YA GOT?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 3
winning or not, I am happy to have schumi on the grid :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
avionion wrote:
winning or not, I am happy to have schumi on the grid :thumbup:


anytime :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 123
Location: United Kingdom
Sig check :)

_________________
Magnussen 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Ash. wrote:
Sig check :)


Any suggestions where do we find this type of stuff online? Have been searching for quite sometime for something like this as my signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 123
Location: United Kingdom
userbars.be I believe is the address

_________________
Magnussen 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 pm
Posts: 28
I'm sure this years car is an improvement from 2011, so Schumi will at least take some podiums...hopefully one or two in the top step :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Ash. wrote:
userbars.be I believe is the address


Thanks a lot :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 21
avionion wrote:
winning or not, I am happy to have schumi on the grid :thumbup:

Well said that man. Having Schumi back is just fantastic and F1 fans whatever their feelings on him should realise he makes F1 just plain better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm
Posts: 482
Location: Bucharest, Romania
I fully agree, as long as it doesn't take more WDC's. Schumacher's last comeback in 1999, after the leg accident, was followed by 5 championships in a row (and nearly killing the sport in the process). So yeah, I'm happy he's on the grid, he's a legend in movement, but no more wins in a row please...

_________________
Olivier Panis fan.
...and also Jenson Button fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:43 pm
Posts: 75
First post on the new forums, looking nice! :D
Check out my signature

Anyway, I hope Michael can get some great finishes this year, hopefully Mercedes have something up their sleeve.

_________________
Image
Michael Schumacher Mercedes AMG Petronas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
i'll never forget

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
As fans there are so many better things to remember too. We all have enough reason good or bad, to remember him long enough before he fades into the sunset again. Hopes he makes it memorable one more time before he bids goodbye, but not in the way he gave Barri a scare of his lifetime ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
"Michael raced against drivers like Senna, Mansell and myself and proved immediately that he could be competitive and better," the Italian wrote on his personal website

Not to forget Hakkinen, Coulthard, Montoya and so on. To hell with the people who always moan Michael did not have a fair opposition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 428
rife_hypocricy wrote:
i'll never forget

Image



I will never forget this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mWw78WrJpc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 306
Target of W03 this year, to be faster than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRRgS3vmlsw


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Black_Flag_11, dompclarke, Google Adsense [Bot], hittheapex, Lentulus, pubpokerplayer and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group