planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 am 

Onboard of Schumi's run around the Nordschleife. The first 2:30 mins are "reasonably fast", but after that he slowed down considerably. He probably had to because he had to finish together with the other Mercedes cars. I would have liked seeing a quick lap :nod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsclF-mUksQ

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:08 am 

XploZiV wrote:
Onboard of Schumi's run around the Nordschleife. The first 2:30 mins are "reasonably fast", but after that he slowed down considerably. He probably had to because he had to finish together with the other Mercedes cars. I would have liked seeing a quick lap :nod:

Thanks mate

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:10 am 

XploZiV wrote:

Boo hoo, I wonder why they bother to run F1 cars at the norschleife if they are going to make them go at a honda civic's speed. That was much worse than Heidfeld's lap with the BMW, who didnt go fast either.

We saw Felix Baumgartner do a freefall from planet mars to planet earth, but we will never see an F1 goint full speed at the norschleife and doing a proper laptime??? Big unexplainable mystery, and shame.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:47 pm 

The Nordschliefe is unsafe, partly because of its 22km lap length and high safety requirment in personnel, equipment and vehicles. Also Schumacher was only doing a demo, could not smash the car. In any case any fast lap time would have been meaningless.

Maybe Mercedes should have asked their new employee Lauda to have a go at setting a fast lap time?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 pm 

POBRatings wrote:
The Nordschliefe is unsafe, partly because of its 22km lap length and high safety requirment in personnel, equipment and vehicles. Also Schumacher was only doing a demo, could not smash the car. In any case any fast lap time would have been meaningless.

Maybe Mercedes should have asked their new employee Lauda to have a go at setting a fast lap time?

LOL No It wouldn't. It would be the first flat-out F1 lap ever since the last F1 GP held there. It would actually be the fastest lap ever at nurburgring, surely. Meaningless maybe for people who don't care.
So many drivers would do it in case MS was scared, which i dont think he was.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm 

Even if Michael had driven at 90% of both his & the cars potential he most likely would have beaten Stefan's record.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:28 pm 

RacingFan1 wrote:
POBRatings wrote:

LOL No It wouldn't. It would be the first flat-out F1 lap ever since the last F1 GP held there. It would actually be the fastest lap ever at nurburgring, surely. Meaningless maybe for people who don't care.
So many drivers would do it in case MS was scared, which i dont think he was.

It was a demo run of Mercedes, tuned down to have a finish with all cars together, as part of the build-up to the Nurburgring 24 Hours endurance race. They weren't trying to break a record or anything

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 am 

Good article.. http://www.f1plus.com/en/news/item/3899 ... a-fluster-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 am 

RacingFan1 wrote:
XploZiV wrote:

Boo hoo, I wonder why they bother to run F1 cars at the norschleife if they are going to make them go at a honda civic's speed. That was much worse than Heidfeld's lap with the BMW, who didnt go fast either.

We saw Felix Baumgartner do a freefall from planet mars to planet earth, but we will never see an F1 goint full speed at the norschleife and doing a proper laptime??? Big unexplainable mystery, and shame.

WTF did I just read??!! Hahahahahah....I hope you weren't being serious :uhoh:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:43 am 

Anupam wrote:

obviously i wasn't -.-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:38 pm 

RacingFan1 wrote:
Anupam wrote:

obviously i wasn't -.-

Well for a moment I thought you genuinely believed Felix did a free-fall from Mars...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:18 pm 

Anupam wrote:
RacingFan1 wrote:
Anupam wrote:

obviously i wasn't -.-

Well for a moment I thought you genuinely believed Felix did a free-fall from Mars...

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:19 pm 

I miss him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 pm 

Beschy wrote:
I miss him.

He's not gone yet... stay positive :)

3) McLaren to score at least 1 point... but to spend the season fighting with Manor-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 am 

CanadianDan wrote:
Beschy wrote:
I miss him.

I don't think that was what Beschy meant. I think we all miss him given he's been out of action for nigh on three months now.

There has to come a time when enough is enough, whether that means he wakes up or the worst. But I think as his fans we should carefully prepare for the worst case. He won't give up, we know that but not every fight can be won in the world sadly.

Keep fighting Michael is what I'll leave on.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
CanadianDan wrote:
Beschy wrote:
I miss him.

I don't think that was what Beschy meant. I think we all miss him given he's been out of action for nigh on three months now.

There has to come a time when enough is enough, whether that means he wakes up or the worst. But I think as his fans we should carefully prepare for the worst case. He won't give up, we know that but not every fight can be won in the world sadly.

Keep fighting Michael is what I'll leave on.

:thumbup: The waiting to find out which way it is going to end is so stressful as a fan that I can't even start to imagine what his family is going thru :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:57 pm 

After Spa FP2 today on BBC2 and I'm currently watching a show with Murray Walker and Suzi Perry about Michael Schumacher. They've chosen to show highlights of 3 races from his career - the 1994 British GP (won by Damon Hill, Schumacher disqualified); Australia 1994 (yes that one!) and his first win for Ferrari at Spain 1996.

What the hell is that about? BBC still bearing grudges?

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 pm 

mcdo wrote:
After Spa FP2 today on BBC2 and I'm currently watching a show with Murray Walker and Suzi Perry about Michael Schumacher. They've chosen to show highlights of 3 races from his career - the 1994 British GP (won by Damon Hill, Schumacher disqualified); Australia 1994 (yes that one!) and his first win for Ferrari at Spain 1996.

I know! I thought it was very weird!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:55 am 

I didn't see the show, but could it be more about the British media's addiction to controversy rather than a grudge? From what I see, Murray Walker always has the utmost respect and admiration for Schumacher, he was one of the few being really classy about him while he was British sports' enemy number 1 in the Hill years. As for Suzie, she just blows with the wind and plays the media role. I remember her throwing Vettel under the bus tabloid lynch mob style post race multi21 gate, a real media pawn. I wouldn't pay attention to her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:40 pm 

myattitude wrote:
I didn't see the show, but could it be more about the British media's addiction to controversy rather than a grudge? From what I see, Murray Walker always has the utmost respect and admiration for Schumacher, he was one of the few being really classy about him while he was British sports' enemy number 1 in the Hill years. As for Suzie, she just blows with the wind and plays the media role. I remember her throwing Vettel under the bus tabloid lynch mob style post race multi21 gate, a real media pawn. I wouldn't pay attention to her.

I agree, Perry sounds absolutely clueless when talking about F1.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:52 pm 

mcdo wrote:

I think showing his Spanish win in 1996 is hardly bearing a grudge. Of course, I didn't see the programme, so I have no idea what was said. But that race is one of very, very few races I have missed in 30+ years. And I would like to have seen it. Many consider it one of his very best.

They might perhaps have focused on a better Schumacher race than the British Grand Prix of '94, but it would be difficult to paint a full picture of him without Australia '94.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:26 pm 

Fiki wrote:
mcdo wrote:

I think showing his Spanish win in 1996 is hardly bearing a grudge. Of course, I didn't see the programme, so I have no idea what was said. But that race is one of very, very few races I have missed in 30+ years. And I would like to have seen it. Many consider it one of his very best.

They might perhaps have focused on a better Schumacher race than the British Grand Prix of '94, but it would be difficult to paint a full picture of him without Australia '94.

No doubt Spain 1996 was a great win. But the inclusion of Silverstone 1994 was bizarre at best

FA#14