planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 pm 

LKS1 wrote:
Schumi4ever wrote:
Anyways knows what happened on the FIA investigation of him / Vettel for his cut across move into the pits? I have the same problem as LKS1. Only get Star Sports coverage, and that is pathetic to say the least, commentary and all.

I was particularly impressed at the way we missed the start of the formation lap as (pointless) adverts are more important...

Missing Schumi's second pit stop was 'par for the course', but the formation lap??

I compensated by watching the live commentary on PF1/F1 official site. :D

And the lack of HD feed on ESPN HD was very annoying for me as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:02 am 

Schumi4ever wrote:
Anyways knows what happened on the FIA investigation of him / Vettel for his cut across move into the pits? I have the same problem as LKS1. Only get Star Sports coverage, and that is pathetic to say the least, commentary and all.

http://184.106.145.74/fia-f1/f1-2012/f1 ... ber-61.pdf

Quote:
The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, and having heard from both the teams
and the driver of car 1 and car 7, examined the video evidence, have considered the following matter and
determine the following

No/Driver 7 Michael Schumacher
Competitor Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
Time 14:46
Session Race

Facts
Car 7 appeared to make a sudden change in direction at the Pit Entry, when in close proximity to car 1.
Decision
No further action.
Reason
Red Bull Racing admitted to the Stewards that their instruction to the driver of car 1 was to “do the
opposite of car 7”. Therefore when car 7 headed for the pit entry car 1 aborted its entry to the Pits.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:30 pm 

off topic, Schumacher's '94 Benetton is still up for sale if you have a spare £300k

http://www.closeratio.com/asp/default.a ... ils&id=727

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:28 am 

LKS1 wrote:
xdan wrote:
Quote:
Does this mean Schumi is going to need yet ANOTHER new gear box - necessitating a grid drop penalty in the next race?

Depends on how many races the gear box was used.
From what i know a gear box must be used 2 races. I don't remember it was replaced last race?
And anuway may be it can be fixed, and thus not replaced.

I'm sure I read (although it was probably on this forum :D ) that his gear box was changed after the last race?

Even worse, I read that his new gearbox was changed after this quali for a 'practice' gearbox or something?

I think the box has to last for 5 races.

Micheal uses the same gearbox in Monza that he used in Spa. *crossing fingers, it works*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:55 pm 

There will be no penalty because Mercedes won't replace the gearbox and they will fix it instead. Brawn says they feel very confident about it.

Anybody else feel nervous?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm 

Greg92 wrote:
There will be no penalty because Mercedes won't replace the gearbox and they will fix it instead. Brawn says they feel very confident about it.

Anybody else feel nervous?

Yes, very... :(

It would be nice if Schumi could have a trouble-free race this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:48 am 

Old Gearbox, DRS failure in FP2, KERS failure in FP3 :/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:09 am 

Jeez, its astounding how Mercedes despite all their funding keep having such reliability issues weekend after weekend.

That said, its looking very good for Schumi, at least for qualifying IF he gets a trouble free car. 1sec off the pace in FP3 without KERS, and a similar showing in FP2 despite no DRS coupled with his showing in FP1 augur very well for him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm 

Another fine qualifying effort from Schumi. Beats Rosberg in a straight fight, even with all the time he lost in the practice sessions.

C'mon Mercedes, give Schumi a trouble free race please.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm 

I am disappointed with where they qualified. I was hoping at least P3/P4. Somehow i felt both drivers couldn't quite deliver their best in Q3.

Hopefully, they won't go backwards come race day. Expect Vettel to be all over the back of Schumi.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:35 pm 

I'm expecting them to move backwards during the race to be honest :(

Ciao Jules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 pm 

Yeap! Its getting to be not surprising for Michael to out qualify Nico.

Every year Michael gets better and better. I hope he stays for next year.

"Let's put it this way, I like number seven"-Michael Schumacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:53 pm 

I honestly don't think anyone can still continue to say Nico's beating him this year. In points, yes - but Michael's matching (beating) Nico in qualifying, and his race pace is much superior. Shame about the reliability issues - let's hope tomorrow he gets some luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:59 pm 

Yeah Schumacher's still got it. He may not be as fast as he once was but I don't think any driver in his 40's would be as fast as Schumacher is.

Fernando Alonso
Pastor Maldonado
Sergio Perez
Michael Schumacher
Lewis Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm 

Good drive from Schumi! One more lap and he'd been out in front of Kimi. A much better car and he'd been challenging for a podium easy. The fact that they were only front/midfield cars ( apart from Maldonado) to do a 2 stop was disappointing. They were matching Kimi on race pace though, so maybe they should have stayed out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm 

And yeah, he beat Nico again. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:37 pm 

For once, Schumacher's bad luck took a day off. Yet again he won over Rosberg both in qualy and the race and I really wish he doesn't call it quits. Comparing him to 2010, he's one of the most improved drivers, which is something you'd expect from a rookie but not a senior.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:49 pm 

Schumi4ever wrote:

On pure pace Nico was faster though. He paid for the lost qualifying and a bad start.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 pm 

Even at a track where it has a perceived advantage, we come in 6th. Dog of a car :thumbsdown:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:11 pm 

zaar wrote:
Schumi4ever wrote:

On pure pace Nico was faster though. He paid for the lost qualifying and a bad start.

Agreed, but its not always the pure pace that makes the race. :P

Was very nice to see him pump in the fastest lap of the race on the last lap though. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:28 pm 

Quote:
For once, Schumacher's bad luck took a day off

Not quite, the car eat the tires pretty bad.
Schumi could have passed Kimi if not for yellows from Vettel and my be if the stops from Mercedes would have been ~3s not 4-4.2s.
One lap anyway and he could have passed Kimi.

Anyway dog car.
And a strong performance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am 

Advisory/Management role at Mercedes?

Can't see Hamilton taking advice from him...

Drive at Sauber accepting Peter Saubers offer?

Alonso's wingman?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:52 am 

I don't want him in Sauber, fighting for best of the rest.

Nor in Ferrari as a No 2 driver.

Frankly, they've kind of pushed him out again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 am 

No idea what Schu's gonna do, hasn't announced anything yet which is weird. Say Alonso wins the championship. Does anyone see him taking number 2 at Ferrari?

Ciao Jules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:59 am 

schumi7 wrote:
No idea what Schu's gonna do, hasn't announced anything yet which is weird. Say Alonso wins the championship. Does anyone see him taking number 2 at Ferrari?

Not really. What would be in it for him?

Alonso would beat him regularly and he'd be picking up leftovers. Would that satisfy him? If it would, I'd feel very sorry for him.

You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:18 am 

AndyPerry wrote:
schumi7 wrote:

Alonso would beat him regularly and he'd be picking up leftovers. Would that satisfy him? If it would, I'd feel very sorry for him.

I think if you are Schumacher.. thats the wrong way to look at things.

Sure Alonso will get the better of Schumi. But with his experience for the last 3 yrs at Merc, he will keep Alonso honest. Just look at his racecraft this season.. he hasn't lost any of his skills.

Further, if he wins a single race. His comeback is fruitful enough. He can retire without any regrets. If he retires now, its like leaving a mission incomplete.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am 

As much as i would love to see him Win again, i have come to terms with the fact that the Mercedes car this year isn't gonna do it in the remaining races. Ferrari seem set to retain Massa and he'd never fit in there now. Its not the same Ferrari that he left, and he has no place there.

Sauber is an option, but i doubt he is gonna win from there.

Hate it very badly, but looks like it is back to retirement. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 pm 

Screw Mercedes. I hope they never win anything with their new driver of "amazing" calibre.

Just for this Merc, I'm not going to buy your cars. Go Screw yourselves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 pm 

ohwell wrote:
Screw Mercedes. I hope they never win anything with their new driver of "amazing" calibre.

Just for this Merc, I'm not going to buy your cars. Go Screw yourselves.

:thumbup: +1 ...............down 2 sales already

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm 

Easy fellas. I'm as big a fan as it can be but let's not rush to conclusion here until we get the full story. I'm grateful to Mercedes for bringing Schumacher back and I'm under the impression they did offer him an extension so let's see if that rumor was just a smokescreen or if Schumacher turned the offer down.

On a lighter note I hope Schumacher doesn't race for Toyota because not only I can't buy a Ferrari or Mercedes but I'd have to sell my Corolla in protest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:52 pm 

Too bad Schumachers forced to retire just when he seemed to be up to speed again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:03 pm 

All said and done, if Schumacher is retiring, he deserved to announce that first.

Announcing Hamilton's contract first is a humiliating way to do it. It is now obvious that Schumacher is being forced to leave. Kimi forced him to leave the last time but Ferrari handled it much better.

Where's your respect, Mercedes?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 am 

Guys, I'm starting to feel sick again in my stomach. I can't bear Schumacher retiring again.

I'm so paranoid right now. What is going to happen to Schumi. If he is not on the grid, I won't have any driver again to root for.

I'll be back to 2007-2009 again where F1 was so boring for me. I need him to stay in the sport just so that I can enjoy f1. Just the hope of another victory had me up at 5 in the morning to watch all the races and qualifying for the past 3 yrs. Even though I was loaded with work on the weekends, I planned everything around F1. Now, if he is leaving the sport, it makes me sad yet again. I can't bear this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 pm 

I don't know why all of you are blaming Mercedes?

If Micheal had made up his mind in time he had a signed contract by now. I really think that Michael still does not know, what he wants to do, but I'm afraid that - if someone needs to think that long - he eventually does not want to carry on ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm 

ferrarirocks wrote:
AndyPerry wrote:
schumi7 wrote:

I think if you are Schumacher.. thats the wrong way to look at things.

Sure Alonso will get the better of Schumi. But with his experience for the last 3 yrs at Merc, he will keep Alonso honest. Just look at his racecraft this season.. he hasn't lost any of his skills.

Further, if he wins a single race. His comeback is fruitful enough. He can retire without any regrets. If he retires now, its like leaving a mission incomplete.

This

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm 

I'm a little bemused that there was no annoucement yesterday regarding Michael's future.

I fully expect him to announce his retirement @ Suzuka - the home of his 1st championship with Ferrari and a race he often describes as his most memorable. Perhaps he thinks it's fitting to announce it there. Perhaps he didnt want to be a PS to the whole 'Lewis to Merc' story....

Or perhaps he'll give one last nod to Sauber. Peter Sauber has played a part in his early career...maybe it wouldnt be too far fetched for him to drive a Sauber next year...

Either way I want to know before Suzuka because I'm not a morning person and if it's bad news I wont take too kindly to it!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 am 

Meeeehhhh. Why would Michael have to think so hard and long about whether or not he wanted to continue for Merc next year? If he wanted to continue, I'm not sure he would really have an option in any other front running team. All doors are now closed and he is still 'undecided'. WTF man. Considering how well he's driving this year he should have crossed his fingers Merc sort their fairy cakes out for next year and continued for a year to see how things went. Instead, he now has been effectively left with zero options in a race winning team for next year, going back unsatisfied into retirement.

So effin annoyed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 am 

Raquello wrote:
I'm a little bemused that there was no annoucement yesterday regarding Michael's future.

I fully expect him to announce his retirement @ Suzuka - the home of his 1st championship with Ferrari and a race he often describes as his most memorable. Perhaps he thinks it's fitting to announce it there. Perhaps he didnt want to be a PS to the whole 'Lewis to Merc' story....

Or perhaps he'll give one last nod to Sauber. Peter Sauber has played a part in his early career...maybe it wouldnt be too far fetched for him to drive a Sauber next year...

Either way I want to know before Suzuka because I'm not a morning person and if it's bad news I wont take too kindly to it!!

Full agreement here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am 

I'll start by saying I am not a Schumi fan and never have been but I'm disgusted by the treatment shown by Brawn towards his old friend

I know there is no place for sentiment in sport/business but if his dithering on whether to continue contributed to the signing of Hamilton they should still have given MS the chance to retire with dignity

I wonder if the announcement of LH as MS replacement and not just filling a vacant seat is more to do with massaging LH's ego.. As in he took a 7 times WDC seat away from him more than just there was a seat to fill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 am 

I do believe there is a final chapter at Ferrari for Michael. He's still popular within the team and he still has speed. There are so many assumptions that Alonso would constantly beat him. Maybe if you were to look at it from a betting angle you could say Alonso would be favourite, but it's not a dead certainty. And as for the number two label, that all depends on the results...

I want to hear that he's coming back.