planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 am 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
randorr wrote:
just a quick one - when did Merc sign Rosbore?

Reason I ask is - If Merc were actively interested in pursuing Whinilton with Michael being fully informed as they say he was, By signing Rosbore, and then going after Hamilton, are you not telling Michael its him or you??

Its my personal opinion that the dynamics at Mercedes HQ has been changing dramatically (read Lauda - who was instrumental in getting Whinie to sign for Merc - pretty much the entire F1 community agrees). And that is what made Michael hesitant to sign.

Why else would a man who has been consistently out qualifying and outracing his team mate (when they finished the same race) suddenly feel that the "time to stop" has come?? Especially considering that in his 3 years back, this year has been the best he has driven and his form is getting better?
It simply just does not compute!

You would understand a lot more mate, if you gave the other drivers some respect.

Hey
Each to their own - :]
I'm a schumie fan - have been all his F1 career - This is Schumies thread and we often get detractors posting "respectfully" in this thread.
So why cant we return the favour?
Besides it is my opinion - Rosberg is a boring driver to watch much less listen to!! And as talented as he may be (seriously - not sarcastic at all!), Hamilton's greatest talent is his ability to whine.
:-P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:09 pm 

So near to a point, yet so far! :(

For once Mercedes Race pace held up, even if he did 2 of the stints on the softs which despite the degradation would have added some pace compared to the opposing strategies of those around him.

I am pretty damn sure the Live timing beam showed the S2 on the last lap for Schumi a split second before it did for Ricciardo, and i thought he had managed to find a way past, but sadly seems not.

Pity that the Race Director chose to give the battle very little coverage. But then again, he didn't cover the Button - Koba battle much either, so what to expect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
randorr wrote:

Reason I ask is - If Merc were actively interested in pursuing Whinilton with Michael being fully informed as they say he was, By signing Rosbore, and then going after Hamilton, are you not telling Michael its him or you??

Its my personal opinion that the dynamics at Mercedes HQ has been changing dramatically (read Lauda - who was instrumental in getting Whinie to sign for Merc - pretty much the entire F1 community agrees). And that is what made Michael hesitant to sign.

Why else would a man who has been consistently out qualifying and outracing his team mate (when they finished the same race) suddenly feel that the "time to stop" has come?? Especially considering that in his 3 years back, this year has been the best he has driven and his form is getting better?

You would understand a lot more mate, if you gave the other drivers some respect.

He probably thinks he's being funny...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm 

Schumi4ever wrote:
I am pretty damn sure the Live timing beam showed the S2 on the last lap for Schumi a split second before it did for Ricciardo, and i thought he had managed to find a way past, but sadly seems not.

I think you're right..I caught a glimpse of the timing along the bottom of the screen and it said RIC was 11th - by the time I'd done a celebratory dance & looked at the timing screen again..Michael was back to 11th :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 pm 

Raquello wrote:
Schumi4ever wrote:

I think you're right..I caught a glimpse of the timing along the bottom of the screen and it said RIC was 11th - by the time I'd done a celebratory dance & looked at the timing screen again..Michael was back to 11th :?

Yeah, similar thing for me - it just showed S1 for Ricciardo on the second-last lap, and showed all the other guys moving past - I thought DR must have gone off. The whole screen reset in a few seconds and it was back to status quo...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 am 

TBH,if this is wat we can expect frm merc next year ,not driving for merc might not be a bad idea ! i still think he should not retire ,the reason why his battery is in red zone is because he has been driving a dog car for past 3 years and it must be really frustrating to not able to achieve better result especially early of the season with so many dnf due to team failure ! go to sauber,pair with kobayashi ,fight for podium and wave pass nico n lewis every race , that would be fun to watch !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 am 

phyz wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
randorr wrote:

Hell yeah - I'm trying to be funny, but you know whats funnier??

this
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/81476 ... eived-Snub

This is what they chose over Schumie?
Combine that with the performance of the car this weekend, one thing is certain.....
It's going to be pretty entertaining on the social media networks next season!!
:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 am 

randorr wrote:
phyz wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
randorr wrote:

Hell yeah - I'm trying to be funny, but you know whats funnier??

this
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/81476 ... eived-Snub

This is what they chose over Schumie?
Combine that with the performance of the car this weekend, one thing is certain.....
It's going to be pretty entertaining on the social media networks next season!!
:twisted:

I still don't think you should call those drivers that and you never know. Hamilton could mature? Mercedes could make a brilliant car.

For the latest social media bit. I'm with you.. ROFL :lol: :lol:

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 am 

Goodbye Schumi!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:30 am 

Wow, terrible pace from the Mercedes.

On a positive note, he was comfortably ahead of Rosberg (before Rosberg parked it), so another one for Michael in the team-mate battle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:11 am 

So very glad Schumi is leaving this team at the end of the year. What an absolute dog of a car. Both Torro-Rosso's were comfortably quicker and Mercedes's bad pace was second only to Williams and the bottom 3 teams. Everyone else outpaced them too easily.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 am 

I am very disappointed by Mercedes lack of progress over the past three years. I didn't expect them to be world-beaters in 2010, but they didn't improve at all in 2011 and arguably they have gone backwards this year. The one standout performance at China can IMO largely be put down to the fact that everyone was unsure about the tyres and race performance was about who got it right on the day, similar to Maldonado's win in the Williams. The number of mechanical problems and issues that Schumi particularly have faced has been more in keeping with a team at the back of the grid, not one that intends to challenge at the front.

What surprises me about this is that Brawn is the Team Principal. AFAIK one of the reasons he saw value in Schumi was due to his experience and capability when it comes to developing the team culture and direction and the car. At Ferrari they were fastidious about quality control and little details, and I saw signs of that at Mercedes when they had IIRC consistently the fastest pitstops in 2010, but now I can't see that anywhere. Further, even though Ferrari and Honda both took some time to sort out performance it was there much moreso and faster than it has been at Mercedes. I'm starting to wonder if Mercedes are being 'managed by committee' a-la Toyota and Honda and/or whether they are not investing enough money to ensure the team is competitive with the frontrunners.

I think this in part contributed to Schumi being apprehensive about a new contract and diddling around. My understanding is that they wanted him to sign for two years but he was really only keen on one more at a time. I'm not saying he 'deserved better' or anything like that, but rather that after three years of a hard slog with little progress at 41 years of age anyone would be exhausted and struggling to find the energy to keep going. It'd be different if he was the age he was when he went to Ferrari. I'm definitely not being critical of his commitment because I am in no doubt he came back with the intention of it being a longer term goal to work with the team to achieve things and build the team up. But that hasn't happened. It has been tiring enough watching them go nowhere as a fan, so I cannot imagine how it must be for people in the team. His umming and ahhing meant that Mercedes jumped on Hamilton in the meantime, but I think that pushed his decision in the right direction anyway. I don't think he would ultimately have committed for two years regardless.

I'm disappointed for Schumi that it didn't turn out as no doubt he hoped and indicated when he made his comeback. I'm not so much talking about podiums and wins (although no doubt he had that in mind as well); I'm more talking about the fact that he didn't get to work with the team to make the progress and draw a sense of achievement from that. I've no doubt about his contribution or about how hard the team would have worked, but there's not really anything to show for it.

I am very happy he came back, though, and I don't think it was wasted. IMO he cemented his reputation as one of the most determined, dedicated, committed, hard-working and challenge-driven people in the sport. He could have just come back for a year or something for the fun of it, but he wanted to help build Mercedes. His progress with his pace and his racing over the three years has really impressed me - he's significantly older than everyone in the sport and yet he still made more personal progress than his much younger teammate coming from behind to racing and arguably qualifying better than him. TBH I'm surprised this hasn't sparked more discussion about Rosberg's capability because at his age he should have been progressing leaps and bounds faster than Schumi. I have always had the utmost respect for the aforementioned qualities in Schumi, for how much he strives to get the best out of himself and for the person he is with the team beyond the racetrack and he elevated that to new heights.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am 

That's true Kai. I also hope that he has a strong ending of his career, kind of like Brazil '06. He didn't win, but what a performance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:01 am 

Michael's first defining moment. Nice video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gqHNhm8QZrg

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 pm 

There are many reasons that could explain Schumacher's first retirement, his return, his lack of success and his second retirement and unfortunately we will never hear the correct one I'm afraid or even if we do, it will be something subjective and open to debate.

As for his second retirement, kai raises some very good points and the lack of improvement at Mercedes might easily explain Schumacher's reluctance to commit to the same team long term. If nothing else, the apprehension of the media and fans about Hamilton's move to that team shows that this reason is very valid. No one can tell the future and Mercedes might make a Red Bull and dominate the next three year but judging by the past three years this is more wishful thinking than confidence.

Another reason that I consider very valid personally that could explain both his lack of success and his decision to call it a day is the old adage “You can’t teach new tricks to an old dog”. F1 is changing constantly and it’s not easy to keep up with it, especially when you’re in your forties and have been absent for a long period. Rules have changed, ethics have changed, tires have changed cars have changed, the grid has changed. There have been quite a few incidents where Schumacher seemed to have been caught out by surprise that enforce my own conviction but I’m not talking simply about the incidents. I’m afraid Schumacher realized he’d never be able to adapt to this new formula and get to the level he’s used to being during his first career. If you think about it, the three main Schumacher’s strengths were negated in the past years: His strength to put in consecutive fast laps was hampered by the new tires; his strength to defend strongly (whether right or wrong) was hampered by the DRS and the new rules about defending a position; his strength to revise or execute strategies differently from the competition was also hampered by the new qualy rules and the tires. I think too much change was needed from the old dog and perhaps this was the reason that Schumacher accepted he would never be as competitive as he wanted to be and decided to hang his gloves again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm 

"If I look in the rear view mirror of my life, I see myself happy and smiling. I've had two distinct careers; one where I won everything and the second in which I learned what it means to lose. Yes I've learned how to lose. But this has made me more mature and also more patient, my age is part of that. Now I can look back globally on what I have done and I'm satisfied. I have no regrets, just joy for what I've achieved. And now life, from here onwards, will offer me plenty of new opportunities. I can't wait."

Respect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 pm 

MistaVega23 wrote:
"If I look in the rear view mirror of my life, I see myself happy and smiling. I've had two distinct careers; one where I won everything and the second in which I learned what it means to lose. Yes I've learned how to lose. But this has made me more mature and also more patient, my age is part of that. Now I can look back globally on what I have done and I'm satisfied. I have no regrets, just joy for what I've achieved. And now life, from here onwards, will offer me plenty of new opportunities. I can't wait."

Respect.

True legend, I've grown to respect him (in a new way) a lot more in this second career. That, if anything, has made his return worth it completely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:15 pm 

Looks like Shuey wants to be a Cowboy. :o :lol:

http://www.pitpass.com/47649-Another-ki ... Schumacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 pm 

"Everyone describes me (as) a racing legend. I prefer to be described as a fighter, someone who never backed down."

What a legend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:07 pm 

Greg92 wrote:
There are many reasons that could explain Schumacher's first retirement, his return, his lack of success and his second retirement and unfortunately we will never hear the correct one I'm afraid or even if we do, it will be something subjective and open to debate.

As for his second retirement, kai raises some very good points and the lack of improvement at Mercedes might easily explain Schumacher's reluctance to commit to the same team long term. If nothing else, the apprehension of the media and fans about Hamilton's move to that team shows that this reason is very valid. No one can tell the future and Mercedes might make a Red Bull and dominate the next three year but judging by the past three years this is more wishful thinking than confidence.

Another reason that I consider very valid personally that could explain both his lack of success and his decision to call it a day is the old adage “You can’t teach new tricks to an old dog”. F1 is changing constantly and it’s not easy to keep up with it, especially when you’re in your forties and have been absent for a long period. Rules have changed, ethics have changed, tires have changed cars have changed, the grid has changed. There have been quite a few incidents where Schumacher seemed to have been caught out by surprise that enforce my own conviction but I’m not talking simply about the incidents. I’m afraid Schumacher realized he’d never be able to adapt to this new formula and get to the level he’s used to being during his first career. If you think about it, the three main Schumacher’s strengths were negated in the past years: His strength to put in consecutive fast laps was hampered by the new tires; his strength to defend strongly (whether right or wrong) was hampered by the DRS and the new rules about defending a position; his strength to revise or execute strategies differently from the competition was also hampered by the new qualy rules and the tires. I think too much change was needed from the old dog and perhaps this was the reason that Schumacher accepted he would never be as competitive as he wanted to be and decided to hang his gloves again.

I think the second paragraph reason is undoubtedly the main one.

In terms of incidents almost all of Schumacher's "mistakes/incidents" have been at tracks where he is not used to racing. Rosberg for instance has twice as much experience as Schumacher at China. At the tracks where Schumacher has generally been quicker than Rosberg it has tended to be tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Monaco, Silverstone, Australia, Malaysia, Monza, Catalunya, the tracks where he has much more experience. Remember when Schumacher looked faster than Rosberg in pre-season testing in 2010, only to be behind come the start of the season? Some of that was because the testing took place at Catalunya and Jerez, tracks at which Schumacher has more experience than probably anyone.

Schumacher did hit the back of Senna at Catalunya this year, but Senna changed direction and Schumacher got caught in the jetwash with double DRS, and that was that.

I think a large part of Schumacher's struggles have been against a quick teammate, and with absolutely minimal amount of practice on circuits he has never driver before, it has been hard at all these new tracks, particularly as he cannot use the simulator for prolonged periods.

I wouldn't put it down to the new tyre rules. Schumacher was easier than Barrichello on the tyres in 2005. I think it's simply having to learn new tracks, new car handling, very fast teammate (who he is now beating quite a lot incidentally, even if it's only about even stevens), not able to do setup work in the simulator, and unpredictable tyre and car behaviour.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Greg92 wrote:

In terms of incidents almost all of Schumacher's "mistakes/incidents" have been at tracks where he is not used to racing. Rosberg for instance has twice as much experience as Schumacher at China. At the tracks where Schumacher has generally been quicker than Rosberg it has tended to be tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Monaco, Silverstone, Australia, Malaysia, Monza, Catalunya, the tracks where he has much more experience. Remember when Schumacher looked faster than Rosberg in pre-season testing in 2010, only to be behind come the start of the season? Some of that was because the testing took place at Catalunya and Jerez, tracks at which Schumacher has more experience than probably anyone.

Schumacher did hit the back of Senna at Catalunya this year, but Senna changed direction and Schumacher got caught in the jetwash with double DRS, and that was that.

I think a large part of Schumacher's struggles have been against a quick teammate, and with absolutely minimal amount of practice on circuits he has never driver before, it has been hard at all these new tracks, particularly as he cannot use the simulator for prolonged periods.

I wouldn't put it down to the new tyre rules. Schumacher was easier than Barrichello on the tyres in 2005. I think it's simply having to learn new tracks, new car handling, very fast teammate (who he is now beating quite a lot incidentally, even if it's only about even stevens), not able to do setup work in the simulator, and unpredictable tyre and car behavior.

Sorry dont agree with you there..Schumacher in his first stint was always known for adapting quickly and learning new tracks easily..Remember him getting the pole and race win in Indy when F1 first visited there..Schumacher's not so stellar performance can easily be explained..There is no great analysis required..Even the most supreme athlete degrades with age..His appalling first season was obviously because of his rustiness and zero in season testing..Since then he has been more or less in Rosberg's level on pace...There is no doubt that Schumacher has lost speed with his age..He is 43 for Christ sake..Thats like being a grandfather in modern day sports..Will happen to Webber soon, followed by Button and Alonso...You lose a few tenths and at this level with the tight grid thats all you need..
Just look at Nadal..He just isn't the same after his injury..He has lost a little bit and that's all that's needed to become from one of the greatest to a very good player.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 pm 

schumilegend wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Greg92 wrote:

I wouldn't put it down to the new tyre rules. Schumacher was easier than Barrichello on the tyres in 2005. I think it's simply having to learn new tracks, new car handling, very fast teammate (who he is now beating quite a lot incidentally, even if it's only about even stevens), not able to do setup work in the simulator, and unpredictable tyre and car behavior.

Sorry dont agree with you there..Schumacher in his first stint was always known for adapting quickly and learning new tracks easily..Remember him getting the pole and race win in Indy when F1 first visited there..Schumacher's not so stellar performance can easily be explained..There is no great analysis required..Even the most supreme athlete degrades with age..His appalling first season was obviously because of his rustiness and zero in season testing..Since then he has been more or less in Rosberg's level on pace...There is no doubt that Schumacher has lost speed with his age..He is 43 for Christ sake..Thats like being a grandfather in modern day sports..Will happen to Webber soon, followed by Button and Alonso...You lose a few tenths and at this level with the tight grid thats all you need..
Just look at Nadal..He just isn't the same after his injury..He has lost a little bit and that's all that's needed to become from one of the greatest to a very good player.

I didn't mention age. Is that all you disagree about? Fair enough then. Age probably does have something to do with it, Schumacher said that himself. The only quibble would be, why is he doing better in 2012 than he was in 2010? The answer is reacclimatising.

My point remains that if the championship consisted of Australia, Malaysia, Catalunya, Monaco, Canada, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Japan, Brazil, Schumacher's comeback would have looked a lot better.

Also whatever anyone says, he did get a podium and a pole position, and he should have had a race win, but for bad luck. So I don't consider his comeback worthless.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:49 am 

It's been said in the past and ill bring it up again. Schumi said it himself when asked if he would race in another series and he saw no reason to go from the pinnacle of Motorsport and preparation that is F1 and "downgrade" to something else. He's used to balls out racing and performance. He worked meticulously in testing to come up with the best package for race weekend. Nowadays F1 is a tyre preservation sport. I've only seen Vettel and Hamilton this year push their cars to the limit like real racers. The sport has changed. I'm sure he loves F1 and racing but I'm also sure he didn't enjoy the tyre preservation era. That coupled with a poor car made his decisions easier to accept. Imagine Senna racing today and having you preserve the tyres. You would not have seen any greatness. These guys aren't built that way. In a way it was cool to see a racer like MSC drive in this new era to see how different it really is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 am 

I think the comments on adapting to the new formula are accurate, however, you've left something out of the equation- Testing. Back in that first career, particularly during the Ferrari years, if Michael wasn't happy about something with the car, it was simply a matter of getting it onto the track for a days testing at Fiorano. This obsession and attention to detail\working through problems was a huge strength- We're not on top, so we simply need to work harder until we are.
Can't do that in F1 these days because of the testing ban, thus the advantage he gained from being willing to go the extra yards is negated completely.

As a side note, I think it would be interesting to see him return to Le Man with a Merc factory team and share the driving duties with younger drivers like Sam Bird and Brendon Hartley.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 am 

SchumieRules wrote:
That's true Kai. I also hope that he has a strong ending of his career, kind of like Brazil '06. He didn't win, but what a performance.

Nice to see you again, SchumieRules.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 am 

I wonder if Seb will have a special helmet for the race. I'd love to see Schu's original helmet back in action, even if it has the Red Bull logo on it.

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:13 am 

Schumi says poor results are his fault, not that of the team

http://mobi.supersport.com/motorsport/article.aspx?Id=1634964

Sorry Schumi but that's not true and you know it...
If this were true than Rosberg would have had much better results, or you would indirectly state Nico's
crap lol.

Plus the number of car failures you had can't exactly be your fault..

He's being too nice don't you think?

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 am 

XploZiV wrote:

If this were true than Rosberg would have had much better results, or you would indirectly state Nico's
crap lol.

Well, Schumi's always been a team player about things like this. The entire 2005 season I never once heard him criticise Bridgestone for their subpar tyres comparative to the Michelins.

There has been a lot of commentary about the performance of the car at Mercedes and pinning the entirety of his performance on that and I think he is just acknowledging that it can't be completely pinned on the car, that he couldn't himself perform at the level he would have liked and hoped for on-track.

I'd also point out that AFAIK from some German friends there is a fair bit of discontent in Germany towards Mercedes at the moment and I think he's probably trying to minimise the fallout in that regard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:59 am 

kai_ wrote:
XploZiV wrote:

crap lol.

Well, Schumi's always been a team player about things like this. The entire 2005 season I never once heard him criticise Bridgestone for their subpar tyres comparative to the Michelins.

There has been a lot of commentary about the performance of the car at Mercedes and pinning the entirety of his performance on that and I think he is just acknowledging that it can't be completely pinned on the car, that he couldn't himself perform at the level he would have liked and hoped for on-track.

I'd also point out that AFAIK from some German friends there is a fair bit of discontent in Germany towards Mercedes at the moment and I think he's probably trying to minimise the fallout in that regard.

Exactly. +1

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm 

I have to confess I couldn't stand Schumi in his 1st career. Innuendo of illegal cars, boring races, the team mate thing. Couldn't wait to see the pickle end of tha guy.

His comeback, though less than spectacular, has now turned him into one of my favorite drivers. The way he has handled himself in a tough, and sometimes embarrassing situations, well, he's gone up plenty of notches in my book.

I would love nothing more to see him stand on top of the podium just 1 last time.

He's now a true class act and will be missed. He still has the speed & skill. If only he had the car & the luck. I suppose he used it all up in his 1st career.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 am 

kai_ wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:

Nice to see you again, SchumieRules.

You too my friend!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm 

Schumi admits he thought he would win again.

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/10/22/schumacher-i-didnt-return-to-drive-around-in-circles/

oh btw :

Quote:
I really wanted to go to the press conference at Suzuka with a white cane, after all the questions about whether I needed glasses and [about] night blindness and so on.

:lol: :lol:

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 am 

Is anyone else just sighing and sadly waiting for the end of the season? With the Mercedes performance as poor as it is, Schumacher not doing well adapting to new tracks and problem after mistake after problem befalling, I struggle to see anything positive in the remaining three races.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 am 

Mercedes reminds me of the political world of presidential candidates; Lots of promises! But no result...

Kimi, the iceman.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:49 am 

kai_ wrote:
Is anyone else just sighing and sadly waiting for the end of the season? With the Mercedes performance as poor as it is, Schumacher not doing well adapting to new tracks and problem after mistake after problem befalling, I struggle to see anything positive in the remaining three races.

The season is quite boring now. In regards to Schumacher it's hard to stay motivated when your car absolutely stinks and you know you are not coming back next year. At 43 he was getting everything out of a poor car until Suzuka. I don't blame him one bit for what's going on right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 am 

Its hard to know what's going through Schumi's head at the moment.

After losing one hell of a lot of time driving slowly back to the pit after the first corner rear tyre puncture, it seemed as though he'd just given up as he remained at the back of the grid for a LONG time. But after the tyre change to 'softs', he seemed to come alive and overtook a few cars - or at least I assume he did from watching the track positions readout at the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately, we never actually saw any of his overtakes and the ESPN commentators never commented.

More annoyingly, we never saw decent footage of the original 'puncture' incident or the 'blue flags' incident... This took me by suprise as it would have been interesting to know whether either incident was worthy of investigation or penalty. I realise that Schumi is not a WDC contender this season by any stretch of the imagination (one of the factors apparently now taken into consideration by the stewards), but even so!

I've also no idea why Schumi pitted before the end of the race. To take advantage of penalty-free new parts for the next race?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am 

Inappropriate post removed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 am 

kai_ wrote:
XploZiV wrote:

crap lol.

Well they have failed him, they have failed him. And Rosberg. The car is simply not very good. At least Rosberg got his win when the time came in China, when Schumi's time came in Monaco he didn't get the win due to the dual bad luck of a 5 place penalty and then a car failure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:36 pm 

Michael Schumacher will be given a parting gift by Mercedes when he retires at the end of the season. According to German publication Bild, the 43-year-old is set to keep the F1 W03 chassis he guided to pole position for the 2012 Monaco Grand Prix.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2864 ... well-gift/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:20 pm 

MikeV1987 wrote:
Michael Schumacher will be given a parting gift by Mercedes when he retires at the end of the season. According to German publication Bild, the 43-year-old is set to keep the F1 W03 chassis he guided to pole position for the 2012 Monaco Grand Prix.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2864 ... well-gift/

Good luck with that, I remember last time when a driver tried to get a chassis from Brawn (poor poor Jenson!)