RB
McLaren
Ferrari
Mercedes
Sauber
Williams
Force India
Haas

I might swap STR and Renault, still going back and forth on what I like best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:53 pm 

Williams
Emtpy
Empty
Empty
Renault, Sauber, Red Bull, Ferrari
Emtpy
Empty
End of list

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 pm 

Livery only:

Toro Rosso
Red Bull
Sauber
Force India
Ferrari
Haas
Mercedes
Williams
McLaren
Renault

Top Three 2016: 14th. 2017: 1st [1 win].
Group Pick'em 2016: 3rd [4 wins]. 2017: 1st [3 wins].

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm 

Toro Rosso
Renault
Ferrari
Mercedes
Haas
Williams
Red Bull
Sauber
Force India
McLaren

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:09 pm 

Renault
Williams
Mercedes
McLaren
Ferrari
Toro Rosso
Haas
Red Bull
Sauber
Force India

EDIT: Just swapped Red Bull and Toro Rosso because of what I just noticed about the RBR shark fin. See RB13 thread.

Last edited by JohnnyGuitar on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 pm 

My opinion could change once we've seen them all racing around, but for now, I'd say probably:

Sauber
McLaren
Renault
Red Bull
Toro Rosso
Haas
Ferrari
Mercedes
Williams
Force India

Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 3 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 9th

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:04 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Williams
Emtpy
Empty
Empty
Renault, Sauber, Red Bull, Ferrari
Emtpy
Empty
End of list

Ha ha ha ha. Excellent list.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 pm 

I have to rank the Williams, Renault and McLaren in the same slot there all simple and bold and just look class! and the Ferrari mud sucker, primal fish thing just above because it's a Ferrari and super simples in red......god loyalty suck's :-P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:12 am 

Livery only:

1. Toro Rosso
2. Sauber
3. Renault
4. Red Bull
5. McLaren
6. Mercedes
7. Ferrari
8. Haas
9. Williams
10. Force India

I like the top 5 liveries. The bottom five liveries were a big let down - especially considering how slick Mercedes and Ferrari look most years. I'm not sure how I feel about the McLaren. I feel the orange looks really vibrant, but the strike of white and the dull black makes it look very cheap and back-markerish.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 am 

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the McLaren. I feel the orange looks really vibrant, but the strike of white and the dull black makes it look very cheap and back-markerish.

I never really get this - there's nothing that consistently distinguishes back-marker liveries from those of front-running teams. It makes me feel that people are just projecting their assumption that McLaren won't be competitive onto the livery. The Mercedes livery is about as plain and ugly as they come - complete with lettering that doesn't fit entirely on the sidepod - but have I heard anyone say it looks like a back-marker livery? No, because everybody expects Merc to be competitive. People also shut up about Brawn GP's livery pretty quickly once they started to win, and now it's remembered as iconic.

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 am 

Exediron wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the McLaren. I feel the orange looks really vibrant, but the strike of white and the dull black makes it look very cheap and back-markerish.

I never really get this - there's nothing that consistently distinguishes back-marker liveries from those of front-running teams. It makes me feel that people are just projecting their assumption that McLaren won't be competitive onto the livery. The Mercedes livery is about as plain and ugly as they come - complete with lettering that doesn't fit entirely on the sidepod - but have I heard anyone say it looks like a back-marker livery? No, because everybody expects Merc to be competitive. People also shut up about Brawn GP's livery pretty quickly once they started to win, and now it's remembered as iconic.

True. McLaren's livery could've been more sleek.

However, Orange is a welcome sight for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:41 am 

My four votes:

Renault,
Toro Rosso,
Sauber,
Red Bull,

The best looking car as a whole (might have been a better thread?) is the Mercedes or the Renault.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 am 

Toro Rosso
McLaren
Red Bull
Haas
Renault
Mercedes
Ferrari
Sauber
Force India
Williams

- 2014 Championship 6th position (Fernando Alonso trophy)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 am 

Best year for liveries in an age IMO.

The Sauber and STR are particular highlights. The Ferrari is the only one I don't like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 am 

Toro Rosso
Renault
McLaren
Sauber
Haas
Williams
Mercedes
Red Bull
Ferrari
Force India

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 am 

Toro Rosso
Renault
Red Bull
Williams
Mercedes
Ferrari
McLaren
Sauber
Haas
Force India

McLaren's is easily the most disappointing for a while. All they had to do was go full-on orange; instead, they've come up with something where barely half the car is covered in an orange which, more often than not, appears red rather than orange. Toro Rosso's is an awesome surprise, while Renault have shown McLaren how to do a livery that's half black/half another colour.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 am 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:

McLaren's is easily the most disappointing for a while. All they had to do was go full-on orange; instead, they've come up with something where barely half the car is covered in an orange which, more often than not, appears red rather than orange. Toro Rosso's is an awesome surprise, while Renault have shown McLaren how to do a livery that's half black/half another colour.

Exactly. With so much potential to make the car look stunning with the orange they really messed up with it. They made it look cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:29 pm 

Warheart01 wrote:

Exactly. With so much potential to make the car look stunning with the orange they really messed up with it. They made it look cheap.

How on earth would fully orange not have looked cheap? That is literally no design. Not even internet-hyperbole literally - it really is no design. Honestly, you people are doing in my head.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:54 pm 

Exediron wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:

How on earth would fully orange not have looked cheap? That is literally no design. Not even internet-hyperbole literally - it really is no design. Honestly, you people are doing in my head.

Didn't take much if so... Sigh. Where did I say it should be fully orange?
What they could have done would be to remove the white, increase the orange, have a different pattern, or actually yeah make it fully orange. It's one of my fav colours so IMO that would have made it look better than it does now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:38 pm 

Warheart01 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:

What they could have done would be to remove the white, increase the orange, have a different pattern, or actually yeah make it fully orange. It's one of my fav colours so IMO that would have made it look better than it does now.

TBF you responded to a post saying the car should be first orange saying "exactly".

You can't blame people for thinking you agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:56 pm 

While I'm not sure there is an iconic livery that will stand out as an all time great, of the cars this season - I do think that it's a really good field for liveries. There are a couple of dull ones, but not really any bad ones.

The McLaren looks a lot better on track than it did on the launch day. Until I saw the photos from testing it was one of my least favourites, but now I quite like it. But not in my top 3.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:36 pm 

Exediron wrote:

I agree where you are coming from. Maybe it was just the lighting in the original release of the cars (so I could, and probably am wrong), but comparing the black between the Macca and Renault illustrates how it's more than just the colour you use. The Macca has that wrapped look about it. And, as I said, the white stripe does not help it look modern and slick.

And, further to that, you'll notice in my rankings that I don't think highly of the Mercedes or the Ferrari. I don't think my thinking has any prejudice to it due to the reputation of the cars.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:02 am 

Exediron wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:

I was perhaps a little vague with my wording there; when I said "full-on orange" I didn't mean literally 100% orange, without even so much as an accent colour. I just meant in terms of the way a Ferrari is red, I was hoping/expecting the McLaren to be orange. I personally hate the 50/50 split they've gone with and think they would've done better to have either gone orange with black accents or black with orange accents, although I accept they had to incorporate Honda's corporate white somewhere in it all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:18 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:

TBF you responded to a post saying the car should be first orange saying "exactly".

You can't blame people for thinking you agreed. [/quote]

Good point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 pm 

Having seen videos of all cars on track now, I'm changing my ranking:
TypingChicane wrote:
Livery only:

Toro Rosso
Red Bull
Ferrari
Haas
Force India
Mercedes
Sauber
Renault
Williams
McLaren

Top Three 2016: 14th. 2017: 1st [1 win].
Group Pick'em 2016: 3rd [4 wins]. 2017: 1st [3 wins].

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:29 pm 

I was perhaps a little vague with my wording there; when I said "full-on orange" I didn't mean literally 100% orange, without even so much as an accent colour. I just meant in terms of the way a Ferrari is red, I was hoping/expecting the McLaren to be orange. I personally hate the 50/50 split they've gone with and think they would've done better to have either gone orange with black accents or black with orange accents, although I accept they had to incorporate Honda's corporate white somewhere in it all.

Fair enough. At least we can agree it's better than if they went white with orange accents!

Having had some decent time to see them all, my ranking is thus:

1. Renault
2. Toro Rosso
3. Sauber
4. Williams
5. Red Bull
6. McLaren
7. Mercedes
8. Haas
9. Ferrari
10. Force India

I wasn't all that taken with the Renault at first, but it's gorgeous out on track.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 am 

I'm in love with that TR.

The curves, the clothing. Grrrrrr.

Renault are looking good. The rest? Well, I hope they've good personalities because they're never going win any beauty contests.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:35 pm 

Haas
Sauber
Renault

Like the Red/Black Haas. Bound to bring Victories.

Like the blue color on Toro Rosso, not impressed with the graphics.
Glad they moved away from RB design though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 pm 

When looking at last year's car livery, it looked so much better than this year's livery:

Source - www.auto-bild.de

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
When looking at last year's car livery, it looked so much better than this year's livery:

Source - http://www.auto-bild.de

I actually miss the white - if the silver was white I think that'd be a lot more striking.
That said, 2014 (when they first went to mostly black) was probably my favourite FI livery.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:38 pm 

This was hard after the first 2

Toro Rosso - The only one that really pops
Renault - Although just an iteration of last year I like the bold color and constrast
Red Bull - The all satin finish is just about played out but still a nice looking livery
Williams - Clean and simple
Force India - Not as good as some of their past liveries but ok
Ferrari - Same as it ever was (I know not literally)
Mercedes - I like the "electric" looking accents they added but the PETRONAS teal-green is just an awful color to me
Haas - I'll move them up a spot or two if the huge expanse of grey turns white or silver after testing
McLaren - At least it's not grey/charcoal/black
Sauber - At first sight it was "wow" after a minute is seemed overwrought. Too busy in places and blank in others

Edit: I have no idea why my autocorrect makes PETRONAS all caps no matter what I do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 pm 

That silvergrey is just as tacky on F1-cars as on roadcars. Yuk!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:41 pm 

Voted Toro Rosso, Renault and Sauber because they look cool and new.
About the McLaren one I have mixed feelings but I think it's far better than last years one too.

Oh, and in case someone didnt notice, Ferrari has no longer the Red/White livery and has gone back to a more traditional all red one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:56 pm 

About the Ferrari, were you being ironic? If yes, disregard the following part of this post, if no, read it.

The whole sharkfin is white dude, the side of the rearwing is white, the top of the rearwing is white, the winglets at the front of the sidepods are white, the frontwing has alot of white parts on it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:33 pm 

Glad to see McLaren scoring high in this poll!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:49 am 

Herb Tarlik wrote:
Glad to see McLaren scoring high in this poll!

Probably the only high scoring they'll be doing anytime soon...

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 pm 

Would Force India get more votes:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:55 am 

Well...

It's different. You can't argue with that.

:uhoh:

I don't like it, but its difficult to put my finger on exactly why. I actually think pink and black is an attractive color combination in most circumstances, and the livery isn't any worse objectively than most of them. I think it's just because I believe an F1 car should have a certain gravitas and dignity, which I find a cheery pink and magenta livery to be lacking. But maybe it'll grow on me, who knows.

Until it does though, firmly bottom of the pack for me.