Daniil Kvyat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Romain Grosjean 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Kevin Magnussen 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Nico Hulkenberg 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Jolyon Palmer 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 122
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:09 pm 

Kimi, Bottas and Vettel in particular order :-P

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:20 pm 

kleefton wrote:
Voted HAM because like me he's black and got mad skillz.

You sure about that??

If memory serves me, it's Skeelz! :-P :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 pm 

Warheart01 wrote:
POBRatings wrote:
Makes things so hard having to THINK about them.
Like others here I enjoy all F1: teams, cars and drivers and most of all the racing/competition.
Favourite driver? By talent/ability? By personality?

I like Kimi being so low key even when he wins.
Massa for being so damn nice and kind.
Vettel for his communication skills, he is so honest and wears his heart on his sidepod. Hilarious mimmick.
Perez seems to be so sensible and balanced and, as Mikey says, so under-rated.
Bottas similarly.
Vestappen on track for his energy and enthusiasm.
Alonso as imo the best driver since Schumacher.
Grosjean for his skills, tenaciousness and humour. On a tv interview he was asked what his Lotus crew called him; he diplomatically said a variation of the first part of his surname, until he won a race, then it would revert to the original. :lol: Something to do with size.
Ricciardo for being so human and good. Said he would 'try to rattle Vettel's cage at Red Bull', before the 2014 season! :lol:

Come on, this is too painful. One name only? Ok then..............Grosjean, and hoping he can revert to his original surname soon.

Not sure I agree. I've seen him do alot of mistakes but I'm not sure I've ever seen him accept the blame for any of them.

I sure as hell agree with Patrick 1,000,000% on Massa.

Massa is as nice and genuine as they come and he has owned up to mistakes in the past. THAT is why when he lays blame on the other guy(s) I take his word for it, and I've usually agreed with him even before he's pointed the finger. He is quite astute when it comes to decision making in tight quarters and has rarely caused a pileup. The only time period where his decisions might be called into questions was in those where he tussled with Hamilton for that incredible 6-7 races in succession where they couldn't keep from coming together in some capacity.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm 

Yes, but if it was his father, well, someone voted for Magnussen!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:21 pm 

I've been a fan of Lewis Hamilton ever since he fearlessly stuck it around the outside of Alonso at the first corner on his debut. I don't agree with everything he does on track, I can't help but cringe at some his behaviour in front of the TV cameras and I have no interest in the childish drivel he posts on social media but he is one of the most intriguing personalities F1 has ever had and in an era of drivers who have become increasingly robotic both on and off the track, Lewis is the one who routinely shows his human side more than any other.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 pm 

Usually support all and any of the Brits, but something about Jolyon has never sat entirely right with me. Lumped for Hamilton in the poll.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 pm 

My guy Romain: in an interview about a year ago, Romain said he'd tried too hard to win races from the start, that it was because he'd had some success too soon. He was referring to 2012 at Lotus where he scored a 2nd and two 3rds early on. Then he had those 'incidents' of over-enthusiasm, and says he learned from them and has become a better driver. The ostracisation and exclusions were damaging psychologically, just as Kvyat's demotion and the negativity generated by his incidents damaged psychologically. From what I read Grosjean is a good team member at Haas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
IXIAN wrote:
Went with KR

Looking at the results, it appears Lance Stroll is registered at this site!

Or his dad.

Nah, he'd have bought the site then edited the poll and given Lance an extra 30 votes.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:14 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Supporting my favourite driver is a triumph of hope over experience: Kimi

Your pain is my pain, brother.
Add me to this list!

Thanks for the memories Nico

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 am 

POBRatings wrote:
Come on, this is too painful. One name only? Ok then..............Grosjean, and hoping he can revert to his original surname soon.

Yet Romain got 0 votes :-P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:34 am 

This is easier for me with picking a single driver than it would be picking a top three, actually; Kimi is the clear favourite, but the runners-up are fairly numerous and there isn't any real clear order beyond number one. Ricciardo, Pérez, and Alonso would probably be the next three, although Sainz and Vandoorne have a lot of promise and I also like to see Massa and Grosjean do well. So... yeah. Better to stick with one, anyhow. It's easier that way.

I must say, I'm somewhat surprised that neither Grosjean nor Sainz have yet a vote to their name, whereas Stroll does.

Colesy917 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

Add me to this list!

Aye, a familiar feeling.

Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 4 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 12th

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:44 am 

Kimi, have been with him from his first race and will be there at his last regardless of the number of 'nervous break downs' in between.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:59 pm 

robins13 wrote:
POBRatings wrote:

Yet Romain got 0 votes :-P

I was so cracked up over Raggedman's words consoling Zoue about Kimi, :lol: that I forgot to poll for the greatest, nicest, fastest and best driver who ever turned a wheel: Romain Grosjean.
Thanks for the wake-up call, robins13. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:41 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
My favourite driver to still be Felipe Massa, someone I've been drawn to since his Sauber days, and who I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear for after Brasil '08. I'm also a Hulkenberg fan, something that goes right the way back to when he was in F3 EuroSeries, and I really, really want to see Vandoorne succeed as I think he's a phenomenal talent. I also find it impossible not to like Daniel Ricciardo, and consider him to be the most down-to-earth and genuine guy on the grid.

I guess you voted for Massa?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 pm 

Voted Massa, but if he is battling with Vettel, I would just wish they don't crash in each other. That is, I had to vote for one of these two, and choose Massa since it's his last chance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:29 pm 

I’ve gone for Ric. I've got a soft spot for Jenson and Filipe baby too. Not keen on Hamilton’s off-track antics but I respect his skills as a driver. With Ric, I think he’s the best out there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:37 pm 

Hamilton,
Bottas (Who my wife calls Tiny Cat for some reason),
Verstappen,
Massa.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:32 pm 

Gothnak wrote:
Hamilton,
Bottas (Who my wife calls Tiny Cat for some reason),
Verstappen,
Massa.

Maybe it's not cat as in feline but more as a hipster thing. Like "He's such a tiny cat, man."
Still doesn't make any sense I know, just trying to be helpful. ;)

Post subject: LorD_illeDaN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:04 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

It's a bittersweet driver-fan relationship with real Kimster fans. We are with you no matter what happens ICEMAN(Slowly melting :D)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:36 am 

I'm Alonso fan... since he was at Minardi, driving the hell of that piece of crap with wheels and lapping 1,5-2 seconds faster than Marques and Yoong

kleefton wrote:
Voted HAM because like me he's black and got mad skillz.

Actually he's mixed of black and white.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:08 pm 

Still Vettel followed closely by Alonso. Please don't mention Max and Schumacher in the same sentence. Him and Hamilton on the other hand ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 pm 

ohwell wrote:
Still Vettel followed closely by Alonso. Please don't mention Max and Schumacher in the same sentence. Him and Hamilton on the other hand ....

You are comparing Hamilton with Verstappen?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:10 am 

pokerman wrote:
ohwell wrote:

Why not? As long as you don't think in terms of them right now but rather in terms of where they were at the same point in their carrers being young hot shoes proving themselves early on.

The biggest difference is who's had the better car in their first three years. In that respect he's actually a bit closer to Schumacher, but there's nothing so special about Hamilton that it should be blasphemy to liken a young driver with lots of talent to him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:27 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
pokerman wrote:
ohwell wrote:

Why not? As long as you don't think in terms of them right now but rather in terms of where they were at the same point in their carrers being young hot shoes proving themselves early on.

That was my first response as well, but upon reading the post more carefully I think pokerman is actually asking a serious question - it's ambiguous whether 'Him and Hamilton' is meant to be 'Verstappen and Hamilton' or 'Schumacher and Hamilton'.

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 am 

Exediron wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
pokerman wrote:
ohwell wrote:

That was my first response as well, but upon reading the post more carefully I think pokerman is actually asking a serious question - it's ambiguous whether 'Him and Hamilton' is meant to be 'Verstappen and Hamilton' or 'Schumacher and Hamilton'.

Fair enough. I can see reading it that way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:12 pm 

I've always supported Williams as a team first and drivers second, after whichever drivers Williams has at that point in time. It's been that way since the early/mid 80s when I first started watching F1 with my older cousin that lived just up the road from Williams' factory.

After that I usually support the British drivers, but I've chosen Max Verstappen as I see him as a breath of fresh air and find him really interesting to watch :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:44 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
pokerman wrote:
ohwell wrote:

The biggest difference is who's had the better car in their first three years. In that respect he's actually a bit closer to Schumacher, but there's nothing so special about Hamilton that it should be blasphemy to liken a young driver with lots of talent to him.

At the same point in His career Hamilton wasn't even in F1 so I would say Verstappen has had the better cars... :]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 pm 

Jenson Button for me, even though there is no poll for him as a reserve driver :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 pm 

BillyBoy200uk wrote:
Jenson Button for me, even though there is no poll for him as a reserve driver :-)

Ah you never know he might get the call at some stage. Alonso hasn't had a complete season since 2014!!.