Carlos Sainz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Daniil Kvyat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Romain Grosjean 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Kevin Magnussen 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Nico Hulkenberg 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Jolyon Palmer 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 122
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:27 pm 

So I'm constantly seeing people in this forum say that the forum is overrun with one driver's fans or another. Let's actually get a head-count so that we might actually be able to get to the bottom of that. The poll is as simple as it sounds. Simply vote for your favorite driver. One vote per person so you'll have to choose if you support more than one driver. Let's try to get an honest idea of how this particular forum breaks down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 pm 

Of the current drivers, now that Button has retired. It's Hamilton.

You didn't give us yours sandman.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:44 pm 

Alonso for me now that Rosberg is gone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:56 pm 

Lewis Hamilton, since 2007 when I heard about him for the first time, about this new guy who gave Alonso a run for his money. Alonso who I knew was a top driver and 2x WDC.
However 2011 was the first season that I really watched as a fan of the sport. I'll admit that his attitude does make it difficult to be a fan at times.

Ricciardo is a close second, he is such a talent and pretty much always smiles and seem to have a good time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:58 pm 

Supporting my favourite driver is a triumph of hope over experience: Kimi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 pm 

Zoue wrote:

Your pain is my pain, brother.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm 

Herb wrote:
Of the current drivers, now that Button has retired. It's Hamilton.

You didn't give us yours sandman.

I voted for Hamilton. Been a fan since 2006 GP2 season. Honorable mention goes to Dan and Max; who I really enjoy watching.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:04 pm 

I wonder when was the last time the forums favourite driver wasn't also the most disliked. This was definitely the case 2000-2006 for Schumacher and Hamilton took that over probably 2008-2016. 2007 I'm not sure who would have been the most popular driver on here, probably by the end Hamilton. But the start of the year probably between Alonso and Raikkonen, if it was Raikkonen he wouldn't have been the most disliked but Alonso probably was at that point.

I see Max filling the Schumacher/Hamilton role in years to come.. he is half way there already.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:33 pm 

I wonder if you included button (as mclaren reserve driver) how many votes heed have had?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 pm 

I'm really liking Vandoorne. I hope he takes it to Alonso this year (I'm a HUGE fan of Alonso, though, so it would feel bittersweet).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 pm 

I couldn't answer this honestly because I have several favorites.

Hamilton, Kvyat, Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Raikkonen, Grosjean, Perez… I love seeing all these guys do well. If and when they all do well, the sport is better and more exciting.
Racing is best when top guys are in serious contention for the top positions and therefore I route for excellent performance for many drivers and teams.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 pm 

i voted bottas because i like him most

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 pm 

Based on my avatar, I expect it won't come as a surprise to anyone...

... that my favorite driver is Max Verstappen. :o

(No, really - it's Alonso of course.)

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 pm 

lamo wrote:
I wonder when was the last time the forums favourite driver wasn't also the most disliked. This was definitely the case 2000-2006 for Schumacher and Hamilton took that over probably 2008-2016. 2007 I'm not sure who would have been the most popular driver on here, probably by the end Hamilton. But the start of the year probably between Alonso and Raikkonen, if it was Raikkonen he wouldn't have been the most disliked but Alonso probably was at that point.

I see Max filling the Schumacher/Hamilton role in years to come.. he is half way there already.

I disagree with your assessment there. Kimi was definitely the most popular when I first started coming to the forum back in 2008. Hamilton became popular quickly then the whole Vettel bandwagon came along for a while (though shockingly few Vettel bandwagoners remain today). Currently Hamilton is probably the bandwagon choice. There generally don't seem to be as many people in the forum these days as there used to be...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 pm 

I don't support anyone but voted for Perez as a personal favourite. Basically someone who I feel has been criminally underrated for most of his career.

I like the personality of just about all of the drivers. Especially Verstappen, Ricciardo, Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso, Ericcson, Hulk, Kvyat, Palmer and Magnussen.

Fortunately the days of the ultra bland driver have past and we have a grid full of personality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 pm 

I liked Button and Webber, guess now it would be Ricciardo. To be honest though I kinda support all the drivers and feel good for them when they do well, I don't really have one driver that I want to win the championship or that I'm some big fan of, I'm a fan of F1 as a whole.

When I was a kid I was a big Damon Hill and Hakkinen fan, but I got bored of F1 in early 2000s and started watching again in 2009, never really been a "fan" of a particular driver since then, just enjoy the moment to moment racing. I used to really dislike Alonso though due to his really arrogant attitude, but came to respect him for his incredible skill (and I think he has matured a lot over the years) and would love to see him in a competitive car!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm 

Voted HAM because like me he's black and got mad skillz.
But there are other drivers i like a lot too: ricciardo for his personality and race craft
Alonso for his supreme racecraft
Vettel for his passion in the car and his outspoken nature.
Verstappen is growing on me a lot too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:58 pm 

This was hard for me. I love several, Sebastian, Max, Nico H, Perez, Ricciardo.... But in the end I voted for Kimi, well, because he is Kimi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:03 am 

No vote for me.... can't narrow it to one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:05 am 

Blake wrote:
No vote for me.... can't narrow it to one.

so who would your top 3 be?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 am 

Whoever is in the Ferraris... I am a team-centric fan. with a soft spot for Massa, and a ton of respect for Alonso.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:00 am 

Ricciardo
Alonso
Everyone else except for
Verstappen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:14 am 

jimmyj wrote:
This was hard for me. I love several, Sebastian, Max, Nico H, Perez, Ricciardo.... But in the end I voted for Kimi, well, because he is Kimi.

Oh Jimmy, what happened there? I remember when we teamed up as Fire and Ice, you were a huge Alonso fan, what changed in 4 years?

PS: I am looking for a partner in Top 3 Competition, if you are back with full time action, let's team up again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 am 

My favourite driver to still be Felipe Massa, someone I've been drawn to since his Sauber days, and who I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear for after Brasil '08. I'm also a Hulkenberg fan, something that goes right the way back to when he was in F3 EuroSeries, and I really, really want to see Vandoorne succeed as I think he's a phenomenal talent. I also find it impossible not to like Daniel Ricciardo, and consider him to be the most down-to-earth and genuine guy on the grid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 am 

Like Blake I'm more of a team supporter so I didn't vote but whoever drives a McLaren will get my support.
That's getting increasingly harder to say these days though :-((

I did have a least favourite driver though but he recently retired. Doesn't mean I didn't respect his talent and achievements.

If it didn't open a can of worms it might be interesting to see a poll on the least favourite driver aswell. I have a feeling they might be the same person :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:41 am 

Vandoorne.

I'm a Belgian, I've been following him since somewhere the beginning of this decade, he's hard-working and down to earth. So easy choice for me.

Verstappen and Vettel would be next.

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am 

There can be only one: Kimi Räikkönen.

Stoffel is in a category of his own of course; being a countryman. I hope both do well this year.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:53 am 

robins13 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:

Oh Jimmy, what happened there? I remember when we teamed up as Fire and Ice, you were a huge Alonso fan, what changed in 4 years?

PS: I am looking for a partner in Top 3 Competition, if you are back with full time action, let's team up again.

Oh I forgot Alonso!! How bad is that!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:31 pm 

Verstappen.
He will be the new star.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:21 pm 

Danni Ric!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:22 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

:lol: both of you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:41 pm 

Makes things so hard having to THINK about them.
Like others here I enjoy all F1: teams, cars and drivers and most of all the racing/competition.
Favourite driver? By talent/ability? By personality?

I like Kimi being so low key even when he wins.
Massa for being so damn nice and kind.
Vettel for his communication skills, he is so honest and wears his heart on his sidepod. Hilarious mimmick.
Perez seems to be so sensible and balanced and, as Mikey says, so under-rated.
Bottas similarly.
Vestappen on track for his energy and enthusiasm.
Alonso as imo the best driver since Schumacher.
Grosjean for his skills, tenaciousness and humour. On a tv interview he was asked what his Lotus crew called him; he diplomatically said a variation of the first part of his surname, until he won a race, then it would revert to the original. :lol: Something to do with size.
Ricciardo for being so human and good. Said he would 'try to rattle Vettel's cage at Red Bull', before the 2014 season! :lol:

Come on, this is too painful. One name only? Ok then..............Grosjean, and hoping he can revert to his original surname soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:50 pm 

POBRatings wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

:lol: both of you!

While Kimi is no doubt my favorite driver I will say that I'm really more a fan of the series than any driver in particular. The format is such that normally I'd be team fan, while I rooted for Lotus/Caterham when they were around, I've never really been onboard with any particular team but Haas has changed that to a degree. Here's hoping that they are a solid mid-field team this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm 

Since Schumi retired I haven't really had an 'obligatory' favourite, but am slowly warming to Dan and Max. Being a Brit I've enjoyed watching Lewis win his titles but I would LOVE Fernando to be back on the top step soon.

I'm going with Fred.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:01 pm 

POBRatings wrote:
Makes things so hard having to THINK about them.
Like others here I enjoy all F1: teams, cars and drivers and most of all the racing/competition.
Favourite driver? By talent/ability? By personality?

I like Kimi being so low key even when he wins.
Massa for being so damn nice and kind.
Vettel for his communication skills, he is so honest and wears his heart on his sidepod. Hilarious mimmick.
Perez seems to be so sensible and balanced and, as Mikey says, so under-rated.
Bottas similarly.
Vestappen on track for his energy and enthusiasm.
Alonso as imo the best driver since Schumacher.
Grosjean for his skills, tenaciousness and humour. On a tv interview he was asked what his Lotus crew called him; he diplomatically said a variation of the first part of his surname, until he won a race, then it would revert to the original. :lol: Something to do with size.
Ricciardo for being so human and good. Said he would 'try to rattle Vettel's cage at Red Bull', before the 2014 season! :lol:

Come on, this is too painful. One name only? Ok then..............Grosjean, and hoping he can revert to his original surname soon.

Not sure I agree. I've seen him do alot of mistakes but I'm not sure I've ever seen him accept the blame for any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 pm 

Senna was my first favorite back in the day. Then I followed the finns Häkkinen, Lehto and Salo quite closely, but never really been a big fan. I liked Salo the best and enjoyed Häkkinens success over Schumacher. Kimi made a big impression from the start. He has been the favorite for me ever since, both personality wise and as a racer on track. I hope he still continues for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:30 pm 

Went with KR

Looking at the results, it appears Lance Stroll is registered at this site!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:32 pm 

Voted Dan although I don't really follow one specific driver. I want Alonso to get a third title but being realistic I think Dan has a better shot this year so that's who I'll pull for as I fear his time is already running out with the rate Max is developing so I hope he pinches this years crown.

There's half a dozen drivers I like but I change who I'll pull for because of a variety of reasons. Some times Kimi was the main guy for me,sometimes Lewis. Lewis has had a lot of success recently, Seb too to a lesser extent, so I'm more apathetic to any success coming their way though I was disappointed Lewis didn't win last year as I felt he drove the better of the two. But his recent success dulls any sense of wanting to right that wrong so I want Dan to take it this year.

The circumstances influence me a lot and I don't follow a specific team either though I feel like a bit of a Alonso/McLaren fan recently because they're in such a dire state and I'm getting more and more desperate for them to return to the front. Alonso simply because of his age more than anything. It'll be a huge shame if he can't get a car to fight one more time before father time leaves him needing a more dominant machine.

But when they do I'll move on to the next as always.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:25 pm 

IXIAN wrote:
Went with KR

Looking at the results, it appears Lance Stroll is registered at this site!

Or his dad.