All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:21 am 

The car is pink but the team overalls are still in the old colours:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:42 pm 

Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
As for Ferrari's shade of red being the same year after year… YES, most definitely. The actual color is Scarlet Red and it is most often called Ferrari Red, and the genuine stuff is not cheap! My dad was driving my brother's car to work and some rich guy smashed him in the right rear quarter panel but luckily the guy's brother owned a body shop that specialized in repairing and refinishing Supercars and he had the stuff on hand and offered to re-paint my brother's car (which was already red) in Ferrari Scarlet Red. The little pint was several hundred dollars! 8O

I've seen almost every Ferrari F1 car at a local Ferrari store here and they've all been the exact same color as my brother's old car, but depending on lighting and light intensity it can seem a bit more crimson or red-orange. It's such a rich tone of red that it will seem to register differently like that and photography is all over the place because different cameras and different lenses interpret colors and detail differently, not to mention that every photographer prefers different settings.

According to this Wikipedia article (not the gospel, I know, but I do think they're right in this case) Ferrari red was different from 1996-2007 in an effort to compensate for television screens, but since 2007 they have gone back to the traditional Rosso Corsa for every season.

As for the cost of the paint, that's the Ferrari name you're paying for right there - I don't think there's actually anything special about it! 8)

I've heard that before but I've seen every single Ferrari F1 car from 1998-2006 in the flesh and they all look exactly the same. The only thing I can think of is that they repaint them? But all these cars have little battle scars on them like the screw hole in the last image below under the front suspension that lead me to believe this is the car as it was run on track.

Here's Michael's F2001 and this car is without a doubt Rosso Corsa, I have pics with all of them somewhere but for the life of me I have no idea where they are.

As for the paint itself being nothing special… You couldn't be more correct. The guy painted my brother's car to a showroom finish (inside and out) and the clearcoat he used was PPG and that portion of it held up perfectly fine but the paint underneath began to haze over within 2 years, turning pink over time. We took it to another body shop to ask their opinion and the owner said yup, that's Ferrari's red paint for you. LOL He said the other Ferrari colors held up really well but that for some reason that opaque red was different.

Apparently it's meant to be sprayed ultra-thin lightly clear coated, then then buffed mildly and not exposed to Sunlight/UV constantly or it will deteriorate. And living in the blistering South Florida heat, coupled with the extreme humidity, Ferrari red had no shot at surviving very long. Of course this was 1990-ish so I'd expect this not to be the case any longer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:32 pm 

It is ugly hope it is very very light x(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:24 pm 

Drivers new helmet designs:

Perez
https://twitter.com/pff1/status/844489491192664065

Ocon
https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status ... 8425052160

Not sure how it will look, I like a drivers helmet colour to stand out against the car personally, and good luck Crofty!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 pm 

Perez's would look ok if it wasn't for the yellow. Really not sure about Ocon's. And they'll both clash with the overalls unless those colours have been changed too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Not sure how it will look, I like a drivers helmet colour to stand out against the car personally, and good luck Crofty!

Agreed. Back to looking out for that yellow crossbar, then! A lot like Verstappen and Ricciardo right after Max came to RBR - I remember at the Canadian GP last year I couldn't tell their helmets apart to save my live.

Maybe the splash of yellow on Perez's will be enough, but from a distance and at speed, I doubt it.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 pm 

I agree.

Remember the days when you could identify Hill, Coulthard, Schumacher, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Irvine, Alesi, Fisi, Frentzen, Rubens etc. From a causal glance at the helmet. These days it's just and extension of the teams branding and colour scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 pm 

I hope one of the drivers call their car Floyd and the other Lilly

Last edited by moby on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 pm 

Exediron wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:

Agreed. Back to looking out for that yellow crossbar, then! A lot like Verstappen and Ricciardo right after Max came to RBR - I remember at the Canadian GP last year I couldn't tell their helmets apart to save my live.

Maybe the splash of yellow on Perez's will be enough, but from a distance and at speed, I doubt it.

Unlikely, looks like it will be almost completely hidden by the raised bodywork around the driver's head to me.

https://www.motorsport.com/all/photo/ma ... /?a=877696

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 am 

Was very eager to see the race overalls. I think it's quite good that the supposed full Pink overalls:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:22 pm 

The Force India nose section:

Source - http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de

Source - http://www.skysports.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:55 pm 

Yeaaaah, that pale shade of pink reminds me of when people eat red berry yogurts and then hurl. LOL

It's very bland for my personal tastes but the overalls look excellent. Ocon's helmet looks pretty nice but Perez' helmet doesn't look good at all to me, though the real thing might very well look really good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:37 am 

looks better on the track

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 pm 

slide wrote:

True. Love the placement of the BWT logo in the front of the front wing.

Pink & Black is a good combo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:16 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
slide wrote:

after watching more from australia, have to say i am really liking the new color. i have no stats to back it up, but seems like more new colors this year than in a long, long time!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:19 am 

pc27b wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
slide wrote:

after watching more from australia, have to say i am really liking the new color. i have no stats to back it up, but seems like more new colors this year than in a long, long time!

Agreed, only 2 liveries are worse than last year IMO. Renault (still nice, bit too much black) and Haas. Everyone else has made a big improvement on the livery side