planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sad news
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:09 am 

Very very sorry to hear. Condolences to you and your family. Very shocking...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:09 am 

I've just read this thread and I was crushed by the news.

As a Brazilian, although I've been posting very little in the last few years, I'd always exchange bits of information with Patrick about the great Brazilian drivers, especially Piquet who, it seems, was one of his favorite drivers from my country.

I am sitting in a hospital chair as we speak while my daughter, who was born on March 1st, is still in the Intensive Care Unit because of being born preterm. She's my first kid.

Needless to say, I've been through some pretty emotional days in the last few weeks and when I saw this post and the title I immediately thought something was not right with Patrick. By the time I read Brendan's post, a stream of tears was rolling down my cheek as I felt each word he wrote as something utterly personal.

I am a father now and although I couldn't even bring my little baby home yet, what Brendan wrote about his dad is exactly what we all want to aspire as father and human beings. I'm so sorry for your loss and I assure you that your father inspired many with his truly great character and how much of a gentleman he was. Even through words written in a screen, he made his mark on many of us.

The picture of him looking at Lloyd Wright's house is absolutely fantastic and it struck a chord with me leading me to an even more emotional reaction which made me want to hug my daughter as soon as possible.

I'm deeply saddened and sorry for your loss which I can say for sure, is our loss as well.

Best regards from Brazil and RIP Mr Patrick O'Brien. :-((

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 am 

Daniel Gallagher wrote:
I've just read this thread and I was crushed by the news.

As a Brazilian, although I've been posting very little in the last few years, I'd always exchange bits of information with Patrick about the great Brazilian drivers, especially Piquet who, it seems, was one of his favorite drivers from my country.

I am sitting in a hospital chair as we speak while my daughter, who was born on March 1st, is still in the Intensive Care Unit because of being born preterm. She's my first kid.

Needless to say, I've been through some pretty emotional days in the last few weeks and when I saw this post and the title I immediately thought something was not right with Patrick. By the time I read Brendan's post, a stream of tears was rolling down my cheek as I felt each word he wrote as something utterly personal.

I am a father now and although I couldn't even bring my little baby home yet, what Brendan wrote about his dad is exactly what we all want to aspire as father and human beings. I'm so sorry for your loss and I assure you that your father inspired many with his truly great character and how much of a gentleman he was. Even through words written in a screen, he made his mark on many of us.

The picture of him looking at Lloyd Wright's house is absolutely fantastic and it struck a chord with me leading me to an even more emotional reaction which made me want to hug my daughter as soon as possible.

I'm deeply saddened and sorry for your loss which I can say for sure, is our loss as well.

Best regards from Brazil and RIP Mr Patrick O'Brien. :-((

Thank you for your heartfelt words. I hope you are able to bring your daughter home soon.
Catherine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:15 pm 

He was a great guy who provided both great analysis and historical insight to this forum and i recommend all new readers to review​ his body of posts here* for their high signal to noise content. I felt deeply honoured when we agreed so many times and i wish his spirit well.

* http://tinyurl.com/mj2eq2q