planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4562
Location: Mumbai, India
This circuit is considered a more traditional circuit when compared to Australia & China, so a clear & definite pecking order will come into light here.

Higher temperatures should suit Ferrari & the team having the best traction should gain more.

Image
Source - www.dailymail.co.uk

NUMBER OF LAPS: 57

CIRCUIT LENGTH: 5.412 KM

RACE DISTANCE: 308.328 KM

LAP RECORD: 1:31.447
By Pedro De La Rosa (2005)

Tyres:
Red-marked supersoft tyre
Yellow-marked soft tyre
White-marked medium tyre

Press Conference:
Part 1 will have drivers:
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), Sergio Perez (Force India), Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren)

Part 2 will have drivers:
Fernando Alonso (McLaren), Kevin Magnussen (Haas), Jolyon Palmer (Renault)

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm
Posts: 261
Ferrari Pole + Race win
Vettel Hamilton Raikkonen

my wild guess


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Kimi does usually go well here so if he doesn't beat at least Bottas here then it could be a long old season for him.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6147
Remember guys, whoever wins here will win the championship.

Unless it's Massa.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm
Posts: 261
Another certainty, Kimi and his love for p2 (2008 ,2012, 2013, 2015, 2016) also on p3 (2005, 2006 , 2007) way to go Kimi...always showing up when there is no alcohol to the party :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 19265
Lotus49 wrote:
Kimi does usually go well here so if he doesn't beat at least Bottas here then it could be a long old season for him.

I'd say if he's not substantially closer to Vettel it will be a very uncomfortable season for him. He's had two races where he's blamed his lack of pace on setup issues and he can't afford to have a third in a row. The combination of guaranteed dry and warm weather should help him, but if he messes up again he'll be crucified. No pressure!

He needs to show he still has pace or he'll be in big trouble on Monday!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Zoue wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Kimi does usually go well here so if he doesn't beat at least Bottas here then it could be a long old season for him.

I'd say if he's not substantially closer to Vettel it will be a very uncomfortable season for him. He's had two races where he's blamed his lack of pace on setup issues and he can't afford to have a third in a row. The combination of guaranteed dry and warm weather should help him, but if he messes up again he'll be crucified. No pressure!

He needs to show he still has pace or he'll be in big trouble on Monday!


I'm as confident as I can be about Kimi that he'll at least be in the ballpark around here, pretty much for the reasons you mention. Warm and steady conditions to find the right set up so barring any misfortune in the FP's it's along with Spa potentially the most promising weekend for him.

Fingers crossed he can get in the mix.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 3721
I think we're going to have our first wheel to wheel battle at the front this weekend. Just a gut feeling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4012
This should be Ferrari's race. Let's see.

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 3768
Location: Michigan, USA
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Remember guys, whoever wins here will win the championship.

Unless it's Massa.

:lol:

Hey, it held up last year! :thumbup:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:30 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 19265
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 8869
Location: Ireland
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/

This is what I want to see, a Ferrari team pushing on and keeping up the pressure

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6147
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/

Image
http://m.imgur.com/hzaJ4Hn?r


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 11:03 am
Posts: 222
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Geez they are not stuffing around. Hopefully Kimi and Bottas can lift their game and we get a real 4 way battle at the front, that would be awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1783
Location: Brisbane, Australia
rivf1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Geez they are not stuffing around. Hopefully Kimi and Bottas can lift their game and we get a real 4 way battle at the front, that would be awesome.


This is the kind of thing that makes me a bit worried sometimes... Remember it is Ferrari so it always makes me wonder if it's and upgrade or an "upgrade"

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 616
In 2015, Bottas managed to hold Vettel off while he was in the DRS range for over 15 laps towards the end of the race. I wonder if Bottas will be able to do this to the Ferrari's this race when he is in a Mercedes. If anything though, the Williams car in early 2015 was fairly matched to the Ferrari, similar to how close Mercedes are to them now so we don't know what may happen!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 11:03 am
Posts: 222
Blackhander wrote:
rivf1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Geez they are not stuffing around. Hopefully Kimi and Bottas can lift their game and we get a real 4 way battle at the front, that would be awesome.


This is the kind of thing that makes me a bit worried sometimes... Remember it is Ferrari so it always makes me wonder if it's and upgrade or an "upgrade"


lol good point. I will give them the benefit of doubt on this one though, so far they have done a terrific job this season with both the PU and the car.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 670
Blackhander wrote:
rivf1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Geez they are not stuffing around. Hopefully Kimi and Bottas can lift their game and we get a real 4 way battle at the front, that would be awesome.


This is the kind of thing that makes me a bit worried sometimes... Remember it is Ferrari so it always makes me wonder if it's and upgrade or an "upgrade"



After all you have seen this season, you really still have this doubt interesting! I guess Ferrari will have to win the championship for you to believe.

Ferrari have been good on 3 different types of circuit so far!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10030
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
In 2015, Bottas managed to hold Vettel off while he was in the DRS range for over 15 laps towards the end of the race. I wonder if Bottas will be able to do this to the Ferrari's this race when he is in a Mercedes. If anything though, the Williams car in early 2015 was fairly matched to the Ferrari, similar to how close Mercedes are to them now so we don't know what may happen!


Maybe the Williams and the Ferrari were fairly matched overall, but crucially the Williams had a dominant PU in the back and low drag was its signature characteristic, which meant it was all but impossible to overtake.

The Ferrari PU and Mercedes PU are a lot closer now and IIRC Ferrari have been good through the top speed charts. So maybe it could be different this time around?

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1783
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Rockie wrote:
Blackhander wrote:
rivf1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Geez they are not stuffing around. Hopefully Kimi and Bottas can lift their game and we get a real 4 way battle at the front, that would be awesome.


This is the kind of thing that makes me a bit worried sometimes... Remember it is Ferrari so it always makes me wonder if it's and upgrade or an "upgrade"



After all you have seen this season, you really still have this doubt interesting! I guess Ferrari will have to win the championship for you to believe.

Ferrari have been good on 3 different types of circuit so far!


We've only had two races so far, that's two only data points and two points cannot be used to establish anything at all. ANY two points will make a straight line between them, the third is what we will need to establish a pattern. They've undoubtedly done well this year, but their development pace has historically been terrible. If they do bring significant improvements then I'll be mightily impressed 👍

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 189
What were the Williams guys doing with the 'camera' looking at the rear wing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 740
I don't think this track it's gonna face much lap time improvement compared to last year. Maybe something in the lines of what was in Melbourne, or even less.
It has many straights and not much corners that require a lot of mid-corner grip.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4562
Location: Mumbai, India
Raikkonen engine issues?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10030
UnlikeUday wrote:
Raikkonen engine issues?


Sounds like a blown engine to me... (listening app commentary)

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1319
Location: Ontario Canada
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/

Image
http://m.imgur.com/hzaJ4Hn?r


Notwithstanding the engine problem, this is EXACTLY how I feel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:10 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 19265
Given Kimi's setup struggles, this is the last thing he needs. No running in FP1 - let's hope he can get things sorted in FP2 and not have a repeat of China


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4562
Location: Mumbai, India
Vandoorne car issue. To be specific - Honda issue.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4562
Location: Mumbai, India
Zoue wrote:
Given Kimi's setup struggles, this is the last thing he needs. No running in FP1 - let's hope he can get things sorted in FP2 and not have a repeat of China


But he's usually good around here. Finn-gers crossed.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 616
I know Ben Edwards does use a different mic to other commentators but it is sounding terrible today! He needs to get a replacement! It sounds like he is in small metal tin :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1783
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Just remembered that Bahrain was on at a ridiculous time now days. I had been looking forward to a nice evening race. 1am on a Sunday night? Yeah nah I'll probably give it a miss.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10030
Blackhander wrote:
Just remembered that Bahrain was on at a ridiculous time now days. I had been looking forward to a nice evening race. 1am on a Sunday night? Yeah nah I'll probably give it a miss.


17:00 Belgian time... I guess it's not live then where you watch it?

edit: oh, Australia right, never mind :)

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 7602
BlackMan wrote:
Another certainty, Kimi and his love for p2 (2008 ,2012, 2013, 2015, 2016) also on p3 (2005, 2006 , 2007) way to go Kimi...always showing up when there is no alcohol to the party :lol:


The record for most podiums at a track without winning it

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 1403
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
In 2015, Bottas managed to hold Vettel off while he was in the DRS range for over 15 laps towards the end of the race. I wonder if Bottas will be able to do this to the Ferrari's this race when he is in a Mercedes. If anything though, the Williams car in early 2015 was fairly matched to the Ferrari, similar to how close Mercedes are to them now so we don't know what may happen!


Williams were always difficult to overtake anyway due to their straight line speed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1783
Location: Brisbane, Australia
mds wrote:
Blackhander wrote:
Just remembered that Bahrain was on at a ridiculous time now days. I had been looking forward to a nice evening race. 1am on a Sunday night? Yeah nah I'll probably give it a miss.


17:00 Belgian time... I guess it's not live then where you watch it?

edit: oh, Australia right, never mind :)

Whoever drew the international date line was a real Jerk... Actually no, effectively Bahrain being night race means that it is a terrible time for all of Asia apart from maybe India and obviously the middle east then who ever decided that a good third to a half of the world's population wasn't important is the Jerk

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7129
Blackhander wrote:
mds wrote:
Blackhander wrote:
Just remembered that Bahrain was on at a ridiculous time now days. I had been looking forward to a nice evening race. 1am on a Sunday night? Yeah nah I'll probably give it a miss.


17:00 Belgian time... I guess it's not live then where you watch it?

edit: oh, Australia right, never mind :)

Whoever drew the international date line was a real Jerk... Actually no, effectively Bahrain being night race means that it is a terrible time for all of Asia apart from maybe India and obviously the middle east then who ever decided that a good third to a half of the world's population wasn't important is the Jerk


They decided to put it out the other side of Oz because no one lived there to complain :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 670
Blackhander wrote:
Rockie wrote:
Blackhander wrote:
rivf1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Ferrari appear to have brought a fairly comprehensive upgrade package to Bahrain:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-brings-major-upgrade-to-bahrain-gp-893523/


Geez they are not stuffing around. Hopefully Kimi and Bottas can lift their game and we get a real 4 way battle at the front, that would be awesome.


This is the kind of thing that makes me a bit worried sometimes... Remember it is Ferrari so it always makes me wonder if it's and upgrade or an "upgrade"



After all you have seen this season, you really still have this doubt interesting! I guess Ferrari will have to win the championship for you to believe.

Ferrari have been good on 3 different types of circuit so far!


We've only had two races so far, that's two only data points and two points cannot be used to establish anything at all. ANY two points will make a straight line between them, the third is what we will need to establish a pattern. They've undoubtedly done well this year, but their development pace has historically been terrible. If they do bring significant improvements then I'll be mightily impressed 👍


We have only had two races but the Barcelona counts as the third it might have been testing but what we saw there has been confirmed at Melbourne and China!

So you have rear limited, street track and front limited.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 3721
Rockie wrote:

We have only had two races but the Barcelona counts as the third it might have been testing but what we saw there has been confirmed at Melbourne and China!

So you have rear limited, street track and front limited.

Yeah the car is clearly top shelf. I wonder about Alonso's thoughts these days; seeing Ferrari apparently with their act together and in the running for the championship.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 670
sandman1347 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

We have only had two races but the Barcelona counts as the third it might have been testing but what we saw there has been confirmed at Melbourne and China!

So you have rear limited, street track and front limited.

Yeah the car is clearly top shelf. I wonder about Alonso's thoughts these days; seeing Ferrari apparently with their act together and in the running for the championship.


He's off to IMS for redemption!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 7:23 pm
Posts: 186
sky are reporting stoffel is having installed a new engine ( quicker than replacing just the MGU )

question : wouldn't it be better just to fit the new spec that they will use for testing on Monday ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2769
paul_gmb wrote:
sky are reporting stoffel is having installed a new engine ( quicker than replacing just the MGU )

question : wouldn't it be better just to fit the new spec that they will use for testing on Monday ?


Doesn't look like that's as certain as Marca made out. Eric was being interviewed on Sky and he had no idea when the new spec will be ready.

Which would be weird if it was being strapped into the car in a few days. Unless they're just keeping it under wraps of course.

So far I've heard rumours about Russia/Spain/Monaco and later in the summer so God knows now. Probably the real answer is when it's ready and they don't know when exactly that will be yet.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stanton, tootsie323, Zoue and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group