Ericsson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wehrlein 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm 

Laz_T800 wrote:
I have nothing further to add.

That's weird, because:

Quote:
If you believe this season is comparable to the last few i'm comfortable knowing exactly where you're coming from.

:lol:

Anyway, if you believe Vettel was sub par then I'm comfortable knowing exactly where you're coming from.

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:
mds wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:
IMHO i thought Vettel was sub par in qualy.

How so? What are you going by to rate that lap as subpar? What errors did he make then?

I just don't believe the Ferrari is half a second slower than the Mercedes.
I think Bottas may have optimised his Q3 at the expense of race pace but Hamilton did not and Vettel didn't get anywhere near him.
Also the gap to Red Bull was greatly reduced on where it has been, which could be down to improved red bull performance, but I'm unsure?
A lap doesn't need to have obvious errors to have been not up to par.
He may have just not been at the limit on every corner, hit every braking point etc.
Anyone it's just my opinion, based on no more than where I believed the Ferrari was going to be in qualy and where it ended up.

And that's your reasoning to question everyone else who may have voted for him... right.

I questioned no one. I said i had no idea as i didn't think his qualy was up to par.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm 

mds wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:

That's weird, because:

Quote:
If you believe this season is comparable to the last few i'm comfortable knowing exactly where you're coming from.

Anyway, if you believe Vettel was sub par then I'm comfortable knowing exactly where you're coming from.

You missed the bit where i voted him in the top 3 in the dotd thread?
So Vettel is not sub par.........I just thought his qualy was.

I now know how people who dare say a bad word about Hamilton feel when they are attacked by his fans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm 

Laz_T800 wrote:
mds wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:

That's weird, because:

Quote:

I now know how people who dare say a bad word about Hamilton feel when they are attacked by his fans.

I didn't miss that bit, I'm talking about your ideas on Vettel's quali. And I haven't attacked you in any way, I've asked you for reasons why, you've dismissed my reasoned post with a simpleton line and now you play victim for me answering to you with that same line.

Anyway, to give that line a proper response: who says I compared to "the last few" seasons? Bahrain 2013 saw a swing between quali and race of more than 8 tenths Merc vs Red Bull: Rosberg qualified more than two tenths ahead, first Merc finished 35 seconds down the road. So I don't see any reason as to why the Ferrari this past weekend couldn't go from 4 tenths behind in quali to about equal (possibly faster, possibly slower) on race pace.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm 

mds wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:
mds wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:

That's weird, because:

Quote:

I didn't miss that bit, I'm talking about your ideas on Vettel's quali. And I haven't attacked you in any way, I've asked you for reasons why, you've dismissed my reasoned post with a simpleton line and now you play victim for me answering to you with that same line.

Anyway, to give that line a proper response: who says I compared to "the last few" seasons? Bahrain 2013 saw a swing between quali and race of more than 8 tenths Merc vs Red Bull: Rosberg qualified more than two tenths ahead, first Merc finished 35 seconds down the road. So I don't see any reason as to why the Ferrari this past weekend couldn't go from 4 tenths behind in quali to about equal (possibly faster, possibly slower) on race pace.

You twisted what i'd said into " Vettel was sub par"
I said his qualy looked that way.
When you started throwing the last few seasons into the equation i took it that you were saying that everyone knows the Mercedes is clearly faster, which it was in those seasons, and using this to elevate Vettels qualy above where it actually sat.

After re reading it, that may have been a comprehension error on my part, if it was I apologise.

The line which you concluded was "simpleton" was based on how your post came across to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 am 

Yeah maybe I got worked up a bit too fast there, apologies. Let's drop it. You're entitled to your opinion of course :thumbup: