planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:18 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1411
Location: Miami, Florida
Seems that the rumors were true.
Just saw it on Will Buxton's Twitter feed. Apparently the wheels are in motion for this team to get on the grid. Seems like it might be officially sponsored by their government so they should be well funded. Let's just see how difficult they find the shark tank that is F1 to not only survive in, but thrive in.

https://twitter.com/thebuxtonblog/statu ... 6046066688

_________________
HAMILTON :: VETTEL :: ROSBERG :: RAIKKONEN :: VERSTAPPEN :: SAINZ :: MASSA :: BOTTAS :: NASR
ALONSO :: BUTTON :: PEREZ :: RICCIARDO :: GROSJEAN :: KVYAT :: HULKENBERG :: MALDONADO
THE REST… THERE ARE FAR BETTER DRIVERS THAT SHOULD BE IN FORMULA 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:29 am
Posts: 547
If they are anything like quite a lot of Chinese car manufacturers it will be a direct copy of the car that wins this years Constructors Championship but because they are Chinese they will get away with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: Ireland
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

Yeah, just like Red Bull did.
Ferrari/Merc are two legendary brands with their own history, engineering and technology, can't compare at all


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 174
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

Yeah, just like Red Bull did.
Ferrari/Merc are two legendary brands with their own history, engineering and technology, can't compare at all

So Mercedes buying up all the top engineers they could get hold of is different because they are Mercedes?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
dompclarke wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

Yeah, just like Red Bull did.
Ferrari/Merc are two legendary brands with their own history, engineering and technology, can't compare at all

So Mercedes buying up all the top engineers they could get hold of is different because they are Mercedes?

Yup, Mercedes has had a sucessful history in F1 and has brought his engines and millions and millions before setting up the current team. Dont compare it to Red Bull


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10241
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

Yeah, just like Red Bull did.
Ferrari/Merc are two legendary brands with their own history, engineering and technology, can't compare at all


Mercedes bought a team with personnel and facilities, attracted a lot of top engineers and staff from other teams, then started winning.

I'd like to understand how Mercedes haven't "bought success with tons of money and signed the best engineers for their own team" :)

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4001
Location: Michigan, USA
nixxxon wrote:
Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

If they can do that, more power to them. But it's not so easy as you make it sound.

I'm not sure I like the idea of a state-sponsored F1 team, but it has nothing to do with fears that they'll spend huge amounts of money to buy a competitive advantage - that's what everybody else does, too. It's more to do with the huge amount of political power such a team could potentially wield, even in excess of what Red Bull or Mercedes have now.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Exediron wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

If they can do that, more power to them. But it's not so easy as you make it sound.

I'm not sure I like the idea of a state-sponsored F1 team, but it has nothing to do with fears that they'll spend huge amounts of money to buy a competitive advantage - that's what everybody else does, too. It's more to do with the huge amount of political power such a team could potentially wield, even in excess of what Red Bull or Mercedes have now.

It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

And no I'm not Donald Trump, and my words have nothing to do with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 1692
nixxxon wrote:
Exediron wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

If they can do that, more power to them. But it's not so easy as you make it sound.

I'm not sure I like the idea of a state-sponsored F1 team, but it has nothing to do with fears that they'll spend huge amounts of money to buy a competitive advantage - that's what everybody else does, too. It's more to do with the huge amount of political power such a team could potentially wield, even in excess of what Red Bull or Mercedes have now.

It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

And no I'm not Donald Trump, and my words have nothing to do with him.


Ah, so its just prejudice, rather than you not liking them spending money on the sport.

This is no different to how Mercedes re-entered the sport as a racing team. In 2010, they had no recent history of racing in F1, only in being an engine supplier to F1 teams. I'm sure you can see the difference.

_________________
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: Ireland
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 174
nixxxon wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

Yeah, just like Red Bull did.
Ferrari/Merc are two legendary brands with their own history, engineering and technology, can't compare at all

So Mercedes buying up all the top engineers they could get hold of is different because they are Mercedes?

Yup, Mercedes has had a sucessful history in F1 and has brought his engines and millions and millions before setting up the current team. Dont compare it to Red Bull

I compared it to nothing.
If Merc had started their own team and built it up to what it is now using engineering that they've developed then fine I'd see your point.
As it stands Merc bought a (admittedly depleted) championship team (that Honda had funded to that level) then grabbed everyone they could from other teams by spending.
Their successful history as a team is as related to this incarnation as Lotus was to what's now Renault. Their success as an engine manufacturer is all that counts towards this team as history and the teams with their engines that didn't buy in the talent aren't having the success.

Edit...
Not saying teams shouldn't but talent, just that if you are against one team doing it you should be against all teams as they all try and poach the best talent...
McLaren got Newey off Williams, Ferrari Brawn etc off Benneton etc etc
How red bull poaching Newey is any different can only be down to bias on your part


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10241
dompclarke wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?

Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success

Yeah, just like Red Bull did.
Ferrari/Merc are two legendary brands with their own history, engineering and technology, can't compare at all

So Mercedes buying up all the top engineers they could get hold of is different because they are Mercedes?

Yup, Mercedes has had a sucessful history in F1 and has brought his engines and millions and millions before setting up the current team. Dont compare it to Red Bull

I compared it to nothing.
If Merc had started their own team and built it up to what it is now using engineering that they've developed then fine I'd see your point.
As it stands Merc bought a (admittedly depleted) championship team (that Honda had funded to that level) then grabbed everyone they could from other teams by spending.
Their successful history as a team is as related to this incarnation as Lotus was to what's now Renault. Their success as an engine manufacturer is all that counts towards this team as history and the teams with their engines that didn't buy in the talent aren't having the success.


And even the engine part? It originally started as Ilmor, which was British and had nothing to do with Mercedes. Mercedes first acquired shares, then bought them.

So even that part was bought.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Herb wrote:
Ah, so its just prejudice, rather than you not liking them spending money on the sport.

This is no different to how Mercedes re-entered the sport as a racing team. In 2010, they had no recent history of racing in F1, only in being an engine supplier to F1 teams. I'm sure you can see the difference.

Why you assume them spending money in the sport is good? Another team entering with massive amounts of money good for no one, but only bad for the small teams with low budget.
Mercedes have a massive history in F1 as a constructor, check it out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport. Just like european football teams. Me as european I dont like that non europeans buy our stuff.

dompclarke wrote:
I compared it to nothing.
If Merc had started their own team and built it up to what it is now using engineering that they've developed then fine I'd see your point.
As it stands Merc bought a (admittedly depleted) championship team (that Honda had funded to that level) then grabbed everyone they could from other teams by spending.
Their successful history as a team is as related to this incarnation as Lotus was to what's now Renault. Their success as an engine manufacturer is all that counts towards this team as history and the teams with their engines that didn't buy in the talent aren't having the success.

Edit...
Not saying teams shouldn't but talent, just that if you are against one team doing it you should be against all teams as they all try and poach the best talent...
McLaren got Newey off Williams, Ferrari Brawn etc off Benneton etc etc
How red bull poaching Newey is any different can only be down to bias on your part

All those teams that you mention have had a very long history
Haas for example is a team that has motorsport tradition and they try to build a team on their own, thast what teams should do.
I criticised also Red Bull for buying success.


Last edited by nixxxon on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 892
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
I dont like the idea of the chinese massively entering motorsports

Those will do no nothing but buy success with tons of money and sign the best engineers for their own teams, I can see it

As opposed to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull who are doing it on the cheap?



:lol: :lol: :lol:
mcdo wrote:
Anyway Toyota is the proof the money is no guarantee of success


Well said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 19856
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport. Just like european football teams. Me as european I dont like that non europeans buy our stuff.

How is it "our stuff?" How does whoever owns F1 affect you in any way whatsoever? When CVC owned F1 it was CVC's, not yours. I really don't get this parochial attitude


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
Zoue wrote:
How is it "our stuff?" How does whoever owns F1 affect you in any way whatsoever? When CVC owned F1 it was CVC's, not yours. I really don't get this parochial attitude

Because all the money and benefits remains in europe if europeans own f1. We are part of europe, our companies should remain ours (as in property of europeans) its simple logic really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8016
Interesting, I welcome all new teams. They will have to base in Europe though to have any success. If Toyota can't do it, I don't see anybody else making easy work of it. Toyota had the biggest budge for 5-6 years and 0 wins.

Also regarding Mercedes and there engine supply, they also bought out Ilmor to make their initial F1 engines, so they started that the same way they did the F1 team.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 892
nixxxon wrote:
Zoue wrote:
How is it "our stuff?" How does whoever owns F1 affect you in any way whatsoever? When CVC owned F1 it was CVC's, not yours. I really don't get this parochial attitude

Because all the money and benefits remains in europe if europeans own f1. We are part of europe, our companies should remain ours (as in property of europeans) its simple logic really.


This view is not compatible with a free society.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10241
nixxxon wrote:
F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport.


F1 is a global sport, with drivers and tracks from around the globe, owned by an American company.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10241
nixxxon wrote:
I criticised also Red Bull for buying success.


Yeah but Mercedes got a pass, although the current incarnation of the team (both engine and actual team part) started out just the same way RBR did. Buying another team/company and hiring talent from elsewhere.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:37 am
Posts: 164
nixxxon wrote:
Zoue wrote:
How is it "our stuff?" How does whoever owns F1 affect you in any way whatsoever? When CVC owned F1 it was CVC's, not yours. I really don't get this parochial attitude

Because all the money and benefits remains in europe if europeans own f1. We are part of europe, our companies should remain ours (as in property of europeans) its simple logic really.


:lol:

What are your thoughts on the money looted by the Europeans over the centuries due to colonization? The fact that many countries continue to be poor to this day primarily because they were governed by and for the benefit of Europeans?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8016
mds wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport.


F1 is a global sport, with drivers and tracks from around the globe, owned by an American company.

The first time I have had a full laugh out loud on here in a while :lol:

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7277
So, is the next entry Team USA, or is Haas to become the flagship?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 174
mds wrote:
And even the engine part? It originally started as Ilmor, which was British and had nothing to do with Mercedes. Mercedes first acquired shares, then bought them.

So even that part was bought.

Fair point, I'd forgotten that!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
A.J. wrote:
:lol:

What are your thoughts on the money looted by the Europeans over the centuries due to colonization? The fact that many countries continue to be poor to this day primarily because they were governed by and for the benefit of Europeans?

You mean colonization in africa? If they are poor its their own fault, nothing else, dont let others tell otherwise.
Herb Tarlik wrote:
This view is not compatible with a free society.

It is full compatible with a free society, you are mixing up things. I have the freedom to defend euro interests.


Last edited by nixxxon on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:36 pm
Posts: 2103
What engine is the Chinese team going to use? Honda?

_________________
Shoot999: "And anyone who puts a Y on the end of his name as a nickname should be punched in the face repeatedly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: Ireland
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport. Just like european football teams. Me as european I dont like that non europeans buy our stuff.

[Unsourced photo of Chase Carey removed]

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 174
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport. Just like european football teams. Me as european I dont like that non europeans buy our stuff.

dompclarke wrote:
I compared it to nothing.
If Merc had started their own team and built it up to what it is now using engineering that they've developed then fine I'd see your point.
As it stands Merc bought a (admittedly depleted) championship team (that Honda had funded to that level) then grabbed everyone they could from other teams by spending.
Their successful history as a team is as related to this incarnation as Lotus was to what's now Renault. Their success as an engine manufacturer is all that counts towards this team as history and the teams with their engines that didn't buy in the talent aren't having the success.

Edit...
Not saying teams shouldn't but talent, just that if you are against one team doing it you should be against all teams as they all try and poach the best talent...
McLaren got Newey off Williams, Ferrari Brawn etc off Benneton etc etc
How red bull poaching Newey is any different can only be down to bias on your part

All those teams that you mention have had a very long history
Haas for example is a team that has motorsport tradition and they try to build a team on their own, thast what teams should do.
I criticised also Red Bull for buying success.

You want the sport to be exclusively European but approve of Haas...

The Chinese wanting to launch a team should be applauded. F1 had a global reach that's growing, American owners, an Indian team, sponsors from around the globe.
Should we ditch everything not European?


Last edited by dompclarke on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10241
nixxxon wrote:
A.J. wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Zoue wrote:
How is it "our stuff?" How does whoever owns F1 affect you in any way whatsoever? When CVC owned F1 it was CVC's, not yours. I really don't get this parochial attitude

Because all the money and benefits remains in europe if europeans own f1. We are part of europe, our companies should remain ours (as in property of europeans) its simple logic really.


:lol:

What are your thoughts on the money looted by the Europeans over the centuries due to colonization? The fact that many countries continue to be poor to this day primarily because they were governed by and for the benefit of Europeans?

You mean colonization in africa? If they are poor its their own fault, nothing else, dont let others tell otherwise.


Christ man, take a step back and get off the internet, take a few breaths outside before you say more insanely stupid things.

Really, you're way way way past the point where it became embarassing.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 pm
Posts: 3767
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport. Just like european football teams. Me as european I dont like that non europeans buy our stuff.

[img removed]
Thats true and I really hate it, Bernie should've never sold it to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: Ireland
moby wrote:
So, is the next entry Team USA, or is Haas to become the flagship?

We try not evoke memories of US F1

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 892
nixxxon wrote:
A.J. wrote:
:lol:

What are your thoughts on the money looted by the Europeans over the centuries due to colonization? The fact that many countries continue to be poor to this day primarily because they were governed by and for the benefit of Europeans?

You mean colonization in africa? If they are poor its their own fault, nothing else, dont let others tell otherwise.


Abject nonsense. Europeans drew the borders to the African "countries" with no regards to the tribal interests that existed at that time. The same thing happened in the middle east. European meddling in Africa created enormous problems that continue up to this day. Read about how the Belgians broke up the Rwandan people creating the Hutu/Tutsi division. See below to understand how it was Europeans that planted the seeds of the genocide that occurred.

"The Berlin Conference of 1884 assigned the territory to Germany[22] and began a policy of ruling through the Rwandan monarchy; this system had the added benefit of enabling colonization with small European troop numbers.[23] European colonists, convinced the Tutsi had migrated to Rwanda from Ethiopia, believed the Tutsi were more Caucasian than the Hutu and were therefore racially superior and better suited to carry out colonial administrative tasks.[24] King Yuhi V Musinga[25] welcomed the Germans, whom he used to strengthen his rule.[26] Belgian forces took control of Rwanda and Burundi during World War I, and the country was formally passed to Belgian control by a League of Nations mandate in 1919.[27]

The Belgians initially continued the German style of governing through the monarchy, but from 1926 began a policy of more direct colonial rule in line with the system used in the Belgian Congo.[28][29] They simplified the chieftaincy system, reducing its numbers and concentrating it in the hands of Tutsi,[30] extended the scale and scope of uburetwa,[30] and oversaw a land reform process by the Tutsi chiefs, in which grazing areas traditionally under the control of Hutu collectives were seized and privatised, with minimal compensation.[31] In the 1930s, the Belgians introduced large-scale projects in education, health, public works, and agricultural supervision.[32] The country was thus modernised but Tutsi supremacy remained, leaving the Hutu disenfranchised and subject to large scale forced labour.[33] In 1935, Belgium introduced identity cards labelling each individual as Tutsi, Hutu, Twa or Naturalised. While it had previously been possible for particularly wealthy Hutu to become honorary Tutsi, the identity cards prevented any further movement between classes.[34]"



nixxxon wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
This view is not compatible with a free society.

It is full compatible with a free society, you are mixing up things. I have the freedom to defend euro interests.


Yes, and others are free to take away things from Europe if they bid higher. You are in the minority so you lose out in this case.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 pm
Posts: 131
ALESI wrote:
What engine is the Chinese team going to use? Honda?

Ouch for many historical reasons!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 892
mds wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
A.J. wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
Zoue wrote:
How is it "our stuff?" How does whoever owns F1 affect you in any way whatsoever? When CVC owned F1 it was CVC's, not yours. I really don't get this parochial attitude

Because all the money and benefits remains in europe if europeans own f1. We are part of europe, our companies should remain ours (as in property of europeans) its simple logic really.


:lol:

What are your thoughts on the money looted by the Europeans over the centuries due to colonization? The fact that many countries continue to be poor to this day primarily because they were governed by and for the benefit of Europeans?

You mean colonization in africa? If they are poor its their own fault, nothing else, dont let others tell otherwise.


Christ man, take a step back and get off the internet, take a few breaths outside before you say more insanely stupid things.

Really, you're way way way past the point where it became embarassing.


Well said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: Ireland
nixxxon wrote:
Spoiler: show
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
mcdo wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
It's china - the largest country in the world in population and in GDP too, a dictatorship that is trying to buy the world, they enter F1 not because of motorsport passion but because they want to own F1 or part of it some day.
Thats what I think from my knowledge of China. China is an enormous monster and the west should be afraid of them.

I'm ok with that if the racing's good. Couldn't care less who owns it if we're all enjoying it

F1 should be run and owned by europeans because its an european sport. Just like european football teams. Me as european I dont like that non europeans buy our stuff.

Image

Thats true and I really hate it, Bernie should've never sold it to them.

They've been nothing but positive for the sport since the day they took over and I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4384
Anyone who didn't see this coming hasn't been paying attention. What is now called NextEV in Formula E used to be called China Racing and was initially started up by the government ministry of sport to compete in A1GP but is still a Chinese government backed team running in an international series. Then you have the Jackie Chan Baxi DC team running in WEC, while not a government backed team, they are based in China and I'm sure they get some sort of tax breaks if not direct financial support.

Lets also not forget that they've been buying western car companies and are going to be looking to trade on that legacy going forward.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 pm
Posts: 131
+1. Pico troll or simply a tainted world view?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Herb, mikeyg123 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group