planetf1.com

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 am 

https://www.motorsport.com/gp3/news/kub ... st-895950/

I'd be interested to know how his lap times compared with other drivers. He did more than 70 laps which is a good amount.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 am 

He should go to Formula E. I think that would be a big bopst for both the series and Kubica if he is up to it physically.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 am 

GingerFurball wrote:
He should go to Formula E. I think that would be a big bopst for both the series and Kubica if he is up to it physically.

I don't know if street circuit racing is the way to go. Apparently the likes of Monaco is the main reason why he couldn't do F1. I think WEC would be ideal - big wide open circuits. Just maybe if he can get into a better operation than ByKolles. LMP2 is mega competitive, surely one of those squads would love to have him

FA#14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 am 

mcdo wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:

I don't know if street circuit racing is the way to go. Apparently the likes of Monaco is the main reason why he couldn't do F1. I think WEC would be ideal - big wide open circuits. Just maybe if he can get into a better operation than ByKolles. LMP2 is mega competitive, surely one of those squads would love to have him

Forgive my ignorance - but why would street circuits be different than any other circuit in relation to Kubica's injury? Some 'open' circuits have just as tight corners as Monaco etc., are you talking about the tightness of the corners or the proximity of the barriers?

2016 Position: 17th (2824 points)

#KeepFightingMichael
#JB17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 am 

MistaVega23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:

Forgive my ignorance - but why would street circuits be different than any other circuit in relation to Kubica's injury? Some 'open' circuits have just as tight corners as Monaco etc., are you talking about the tightness of the corners or the proximity of the barriers?

It's the tightness of the cockpit he has restricted mobility in his right arm/hand.

He basically had to have mobility controls fitted in his rally car.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:48 pm 

Does anybody know how Kubica has progressed with mobility in his arm and hand over the years? Is he slowly getting better and better with it. I read a few weeks ago the aim was to be back in F1 and he alluded to it was improving that this was now actually a possibility when it simply didn't seem possible 2-3 years ago.

If he continues to progress it could be realistic to see him back in F1 in 2 years time, he would still only be 34.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 pm 

Would it be possible though since he has been away from the sport so long? Surely he must have lost speed even though he is not too old? Also, who would offer him a seat?

Not that I would mind having him back on the grid, quite the opposite. I would really like to see him back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm 

lamo wrote:
Does anybody know how Kubica has progressed with mobility in his arm and hand over the years? Is he slowly getting better and better with it. I read a few weeks ago the aim was to be back in F1 and he alluded to it was improving that this was now actually a possibility when it simply didn't seem possible 2-3 years ago.

If he continues to progress it could be realistic to see him back in F1 in 2 years time, he would still only be 34.

The impression I got is that's not going to get any better than it is now.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am 

Warheart01 wrote:
Would it be possible though since he has been away from the sport so long? Surely he must have lost speed even though he is not too old? Also, who would offer him a seat?

Not that I would mind having him back on the grid, quite the opposite. I would really like to see him back.

I don't think it's realistic. But if it did turn out to be possible it would be one hell of a good news story for someone like... I dunno... Renault... to get him in for Abu Dhabi

Then he could hand the keys over to Alonso :o

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:34 am 

Nice thoughts to see him back, but in reality he is 34 (?) does not have a full range of movement and had not driven a F1 car for 3+ years. Is it realistic to expect to see him in a F1 car?

Better to concentrate on Le Mans I think

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am 

moby wrote:
Nice thoughts to see him back, but in reality he is 34 (?) does not have a full range of movement and had not driven a F1 car for 3+ years. Is it realistic to expect to see him in a F1 car?

3+? It's been more than 6 years!

I agree with you - it had been great if we would still had him but the moment he crashed, his F1 career ended. Lots of people seem unable to accept it and let it go, but he'll never be in an F1 car again except for maybe some kind of demonstration event for fans.

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am 

mds wrote:
moby wrote:

3+? It's been more than 6 years!

I agree with you - it had been great if we would still had him but the moment he crashed, his F1 career ended. Lots of people seem unable to accept it and let it go, but he'll never be in an F1 car again except for maybe some kind of demonstration event for fans.

I picked 3 years as thats how long the super licence lasts. He would have to re qualify would he not?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am 

Haha what a coincidence, just saw this on Reddit

From a primary school test in Poland, the question reads "Who was the first Polish ruler?"

:o :thumbup:

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:20 am 

Stadler Nonshatter?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:01 pm 

moby wrote:
Stadler Nonshatter?

source - http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif