planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm 

Has there been any other case like Kevin Magnussen??
Leaving aside Dorino Serafini who took part in only 1 race and finished in the podium...
Thats a really weird stat

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:35 pm 

IIRC, Giancarlo Baghetti won his first ever GP & never stood on the podium again.

Maybe some Indy drivers when Indy was included in the F1 championship in the 50s

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:40 am 

I can't see Magnussen ever getting another podium, so it really was all downhill for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 am 

Reg Parnell was on the podium at Silverstone 1950 and never again
Does Peter Whitehead count? He entered Monaco 1950 but didn't start. His first start was France 1950. On the podium, never again

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 am 

Reine Wisell was on the podium at the 1970 US GP and never managed it again. Must admit, I hadn't heard of him

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 am 

According to statsf1, there have been 23 drivers who stood on the podium on their debut. Of those, 13 actually never returned to the podium. They are: Reg Parnell, Mauri Rose, Bill Holland, Johnnie Parsons, Peter Whitehead, Dorino Serafini, Manuel Ayulo, Mike Nazaruk, George Amick, Giancarlo Baghetti, Queen Wisell, Mark Donohue and, of course, Kevin Magnussen.

Six of those who raced in the 1950s are only counted as part of this statistic because the Indy 500 was considered an F1 event: Rose, Holland, Parsons, Ayulo, Nazaruk and Amick. And only four of the drivers - Baghetti, Wisell, Donohue and KMag - raced in 1960 or later. Certainly, in the last 50/55 years, it has been very, very rare for a driver to score a podium on their debut and never get another.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:29 am 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
According to statsf1, there have been 23 drivers who stood on the podium on their debut. Of those, 13 actually never returned to the podium. They are: Reg Parnell, Mauri Rose, Bill Holland, Johnnie Parsons, Peter Whitehead, Dorino Serafini, Manuel Ayulo, Mike Nazaruk, George Amick, Giancarlo Baghetti, Queen Wisell, Mark Donohue and, of course, Kevin Magnussen.

Six of those who raced in the 1950s are only counted as part of this statistic because the Indy 500 was considered an F1 event: Rose, Holland, Parsons, Ayulo, Nazaruk and Amick. And only four of the drivers - Baghetti, Wisell, Donohue and KMag - raced in 1960 or later. Certainly, in the last 50/55 years, it has been very, very rare for a driver to score a podium on their debut and never get another.

Thanks for the info!
Where is the 'like' button when you need it?
Hey admin, if you see this, any chance you can implement a like button?
It would save a lot of small replies and also let a poster know that their contribution was on the money.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:59 pm 

Randine wrote:

Thanks for the info!
Where is the 'like' button when you need it?
Hey admin, if you see this, any chance you can implement a like button?
It would save a lot of small replies and also let a poster know that their contribution was on the money.

<Like>

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 am 

Queen Wisell?

Reine was a little more talented than his F1 record suggests.