planetf1.com

It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:47 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5789
Location: Mumbai, India
I'm hoping for a race with some good overtakes.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6954
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm hoping for a race with some good overtakes.

We need to talk...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 am
Posts: 926
Location: Brazil
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm hoping for a race with some good overtakes.


It's Catalunya. It just won't happen.

_________________
Image

"Ask any racer, any real racer... It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning." (Dominic Toretto, "The Fast and The Furious")


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 2028
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm hoping for a race with some good overtakes.


Nice one. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1088
Location: London
Hamilton has been a bit cautions on the breaks at turn 1 from starts this season, good chance Vettel will lead into turn 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:27 pm 
Lojik wrote:
Hamilton has been a bit cautions on the breaks at turn 1 from starts this season, good chance Vettel will lead into turn 2.


Hamilton got completely mugged by Rosberg there last year and I can see it happening again if Vettel is in range. However, the Mercedes has been good off the line this year and with Vettel on the dirtier side I am, for once, backing Hamilton to lead at turn 1.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 pm 
VDV23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm hoping for a race with some good overtakes.


Nice one. :D


Lets be realistic, a good race with lots of strategy options and changes for position via undercutting or tyre disparities. :thumbup:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5789
Location: Mumbai, India
Pirelli believes either of the 2 Pit stop strategies would be the best at the track:

The quickest:
Three-stopper: three 20-lap stints on softs and one on mediums to the flag.

Second quickest:
Two-stopper: two 25-lap stints on softs and one stint on mediums to the flag.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:23 pm
Posts: 46
I wonder if someone in the lower places might try to start on the mediums and get rid of them after 1 or 2 laps, especially if there is some SC or VSC in the first laps, and then do 3 stints on the softs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Posts: 334
UnlikeUday wrote:
Pirelli believes either of the 2 Pit stop strategies would be the best at the track:

The quickest:
Three-stopper: three 20-lap stints on softs and one on mediums to the flag.

Second quickest:
Two-stopper: two 25-lap stints on softs and one stint on mediums to the flag.



Ferrari think the best strategy is to pit on lap 3 then do the rest on a set of mediums. "no honestly kimi we predict a podium finish. yes seb is gonna do the same".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Posts: 334
paul85 wrote:
I wonder if someone in the lower places might try to start on the mediums and get rid of them after 1 or 2 laps, especially if there is some SC or VSC in the first laps, and then do 3 stints on the softs.


the mediums could spice things up nicely. if say the leader has a 5s lead and whoever is in 2nd pits and puts the softs on, maybe they could go mediums on the next lap and just try to hold the pack up for a bit. drive like verstappen and then ditch the mediums after a few laps.

what will probably happen is everyones strategy computer will be saying the same thing and it will be a big anticlimax.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7947
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Pirelli believes either of the 2 Pit stop strategies would be the best at the track:

The quickest:
Three-stopper: three 20-lap stints on softs and one on mediums to the flag.

Second quickest:
Two-stopper: two 25-lap stints on softs and one stint on mediums to the flag.



Ferrari think the best strategy is to pit on lap 3 then do the rest on a set of mediums. "no honestly kimi we predict a podium finish. yes seb is gonna do the same".



Why lap 3? I see what you are saying, but by lap 3 the traffic will probably still not have sorted its self out, and the tyres will only have 5 laps on them?

So coming out with about 15 cars infront of you will not give much advantage to having fresh rubber either.

Do they explain the thinking here? I can not see the advantage over say lap 6 or 8 or so, which will have bigger gaps to exit the pit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Posts: 334
moby wrote:
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Pirelli believes either of the 2 Pit stop strategies would be the best at the track:

The quickest:
Three-stopper: three 20-lap stints on softs and one on mediums to the flag.

Second quickest:
Two-stopper: two 25-lap stints on softs and one stint on mediums to the flag.



Ferrari think the best strategy is to pit on lap 3 then do the rest on a set of mediums. "no honestly kimi we predict a podium finish. yes seb is gonna do the same".



Why lap 3? I see what you are saying, but by lap 3 the traffic will probably still not have sorted its self out, and the tyres will only have 5 laps on them?

So coming out with about 15 cars infront of you will not give much advantage to having fresh rubber either.

Do they explain the thinking here? I can not see the advantage over say lap 6 or 8 or so, which will have bigger gaps to exit the pit.


i dont know if you are being serious or not but ill give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are being sarcastic (like i was)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Posts: 1449
Location: UK
Lojik wrote:
Hamilton has been a bit cautions on the breaks at turn 1 from starts this season, good chance Vettel will lead into turn 2.

Let's be honest, Hamilton has never been comfortable with the brakes since he arrived at Mercedes. They faffed around with brake suppliers in 2014 after his brake failure in Q1 in Germany and I don't think he's fully trusted them since.

I remember Lowe saying that the brakes were the worst part of their title winning cars from 2014-2016. Does anyone remember that?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 1142
moby wrote:
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Pirelli believes either of the 2 Pit stop strategies would be the best at the track:

The quickest:
Three-stopper: three 20-lap stints on softs and one on mediums to the flag.

Second quickest:
Two-stopper: two 25-lap stints on softs and one stint on mediums to the flag.



Ferrari think the best strategy is to pit on lap 3 then do the rest on a set of mediums. "no honestly kimi we predict a podium finish. yes seb is gonna do the same".



Why lap 3? I see what you are saying, but by lap 3 the traffic will probably still not have sorted its self out, and the tyres will only have 5 laps on them?

So coming out with about 15 cars infront of you will not give much advantage to having fresh rubber either.

Do they explain the thinking here? I can not see the advantage over say lap 6 or 8 or so, which will have bigger gaps to exit the pit.


Erm, Tis a joke, sire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
Here we go!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2052
oh great.... Alonso having trouble getting off the grid....

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2052
Wow... chaos start..... I think Kimi's Ferrari is out...

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
Yep, kimi is out. Typical kimi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 2506
Number 1 Ferrari driver with the magic pedal ;)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Posts: 1449
Location: UK
What did I say? Although Hamilton still has the undercut.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:48 pm
Posts: 324
How did I know this would happen with Verstappen behind Kimi? Way to ruin someones race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 pm
Posts: 313
P2 on the grid has won both preliminary races and now Vettle beats Hamilton and is driving away............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6954
This will be interesting to see if Mercedes better long run over from Friday carries over into the race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Posts: 1449
Location: UK
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
This will be interesting to see if Mercedes better long run over from Friday carries over into the race.

Hamilton should have an opportunity if he can close up at the end of the first stint.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 1087
Vettel pulled 2 seconds ahead on the opening lap 8O


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2052
'No action warranted' for the Kimi/Max bash

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:48 pm
Posts: 324
Hamilton seems to be leaving a 2-3 seconds gap deliberately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2052
Bottas clearing house today I see...

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Posts: 1449
Location: UK
Ocon wrote:
Hamilton seems to be leaving a 2-3 seconds gap deliberately.

Mercedes strategy guy needs a decent race or he should be sacked. He's botched 50% of the races this season.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22168
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Yep, kimi is out. Typical kimi.

It was Bottas who punted Kimi into Max. Kimi was sandwiched by Max and was a bit of a passenger, to be fair


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:48 pm
Posts: 324
Another boring race seems to be awaiting us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6954
Racing incident at T1 IMO. 3 cars trying to take the corner at the same time and they were a few centimetres of space too short.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 1087
First corner incident was marginal. People have got away with worse contact in the past.
From the overhead, nobody really barged into anyone, there just wasn't enough space to go 3-wide there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 13192
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Yep, kimi is out. Typical kimi.


Well it's not is it. Kimi is usually pretty amazing at avoiding accidents.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6565
Ocon wrote:
How did I know this would happen with Verstappen behind Kimi? Way to ruin someones race.


It looked like Kimi touched Bottas first, got bounced towards Max. A racing incident, nothing more than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2052
Why are the stewards looking at Massa for 'forcing Alonso off the track'? Massa had two slow, broken cars in front of him & was trying to avoid him. Complete racing incident TBH.

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 13192
Bottas is very lucky not to be joining the retiree's


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9804
Location: Travelling around the world
Ocon wrote:
Another boring race seems to be awaiting us.

Dunno why you bother

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:48 pm
Posts: 324
Zoue wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Yep, kimi is out. Typical kimi.

It was Bottas who punted Kimi into Max. Kimi was sandwiched by Max and was a bit of a passenger, to be fair

I thought Bottas was trying to avoid Kimi, moving to the right but Kimi wasn't left any space on his left to avoid Verstappen.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], KIMBO2, Lotus49, lucifers, Rockie, sandman1347, UnlikeUday, Zoue and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group