planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:18 am 

He wasn't that impressive to begin with but he has improving each race. I think he and Ocon can be real prospects, especially Ocon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:24 am 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
mmi16 wrote:
He is in F1 for whatever the reason, he has scored points and he has a podium - however he got to F1 is not material now. His performance will either keep him in F1 or it will drain his old main's bank account to keep him there. Off of what he has done so far, I would wager that his father's bank accounts are growing safer by the race.

So however Verstappen got into F1 isn't F1 materiel either is it? Stroll has a lot more previous experience based on what it says on Wikipedia:

Verstappen:

Previous series
2014 European Formula 3 Championship

Awards
2015, 2016 FIA Action of the Year
2015, 2016 FIA Personality of the Year
2015 FIA Rookie of the Year
2016 Lorenzo Bandini Trophy

Stroll:

Previous series
2015–16 F3 European Championship
2015 Toyota Racing Series
2014 Italian Formula 4 Championship
2014 Florida Winter Series

Championship titles
2016 F3 European Championship
2015 Toyota Racing Series
2014 Italian Formula 4 Championship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Stroll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Verstappen

Looking at stats alone, Stroll looked far more ready to enter F1 than Verstapen did. However, Verstappen clearly did have a much better start. I think some of Verstappen's awards are a joke though. Personality of the year 2015/2016? He was one of the more grumpy drivers when he first arrived in F1 :lol: "Let Sainz by Verstappen" "NO!" Something similar to this happened anyway and several other things too. How on earth could he have got this award? Rookie of the year certainly and I partly agree with action of the year too.

But if your main point was that he didn't get into the sport in a good way, then neither did Verstappen. If Stroll keeps improving, and improves even more next year, he could potentially end up being close to Verstappen's level. We just don't know.

Verstappen let the hype get to his head. It's a perfect way to sow the seed of entitlement behaviour. Don't get me wrong he is a great talent, although overrated. We haven't seen that much of him yet.
People were calling him the next Senna etc before he even had his first season. To hear that as a 17 yo would probably get to anyones head. His personality is boring and he is often a gigantic whiner.
If they want to give him a reward for anything it should be that he is exciting on track! But I don't think he is deserving that either after all the ugly defensive moves he has done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:28 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
mmi16 wrote:
He is in F1 for whatever the reason, he has scored points and he has a podium - however he got to F1 is not material now. His performance will either keep him in F1 or it will drain his old main's bank account to keep him there. Off of what he has done so far, I would wager that his father's bank accounts are growing safer by the race.

So however Verstappen got into F1 isn't F1 materiel either is it? Stroll has a lot more previous experience based on what it says on Wikipedia:

You've misunderstood the quote; the repetition of 'F1' that you added in your sentence is important, and changes the meaning.

"however he got to F1 is not material"

However he (Stroll) got to F1 is not material (doesn't matter). The quote means that the path Stroll took to F1 doesn't have any bearing anymore, because he's in F1. By adding another 'F1' before 'material' you've made the quote say that he's not F1 material, but that's almost the opposite of what it really says.

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:10 pm 

Stroll is testing in Suzuka this week, 2 or 3 days.