planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Nebraska, USA
Multi69 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Now don't you go applying logic to their fun, Ob1. It is so much better for some to think that Vettel calls all the shots as to his teammate is to be, That Ferrari doesn't care about the WCC, that Ferrari always has a contracted #2, and that only Ferrari has ever used team orders....
;)

And there ain't no changin' minds!


Ferrari have the money buy out anyone's contract and no one would say no to driving for them except probably Hamilton.

Dude, of course they want him to be successful, but come on. Kimi isn't as fast as Vettel and not nearly as consistent, so why haven't they replaced him?



TWO things here Multi69... my post was in response to some truly ridiculous posts in here recently suggesting that Vettel calls that shot and that Ferrari will do just what he says.... responding to the asinine claim that Ferrari does not care about the WCC... that it is fact that Ferrari has contracted #2 drivers.... and the flak that Ferrari catches about Team Orders while MB is basically given a pass on their use of them... which... incidentally have been much more on display this year than anything from Ferrari. There are some who seem to follow the donnie trump style of posting... acting as though if they say it enough, it will become fact.

As for why Ferrari did not replace Kimi, see my response to Lasardi at the end of the previous page for my thoughts on that one.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:54 am
Posts: 515
Well done Blake....well done!! :thumbup:

Agree 100%, I am also waiting on what will happen at Sauber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 113
Blake wrote:

TWO things here Multi69... my post was in response to some truly ridiculous posts in here recently suggesting that Vettel calls that shot and that Ferrari will do just what he says.... responding to the asinine claim that Ferrari does not care about the WCC... that it is fact that Ferrari has contracted #2 drivers.... and the flak that Ferrari catches about Team Orders while MB is basically given a pass on their use of them... which... incidentally have been much more on display this year than anything from Ferrari. There are some who seem to follow the donnie trump style of posting... acting as though if they say it enough, it will become fact.

As for why Ferrari did not replace Kimi, see my response to Lasardi at the end of the previous page for my thoughts on that one.


Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for my misunderstanding that one.

I agree, Kimi's signing was very tactical and 2019 is getting juicier and juicier :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 8865
LBET wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Hamilton might retire at the end of 2017.

That is obviously a factual statement.


"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

If the two scenarios are comparable then I take it you'll accept my wager that Hamilton will retire before the space aliens come? How much are we betting?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Nebraska, USA
:lol: :lol:

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
Covalent wrote:
LBET wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Hamilton might retire at the end of 2017.

That is obviously a factual statement.


"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

If the two scenarios are comparable then I take it you'll accept my wager that Hamilton will retire before the space aliens come? How much are we betting?


Holding your breaths? See how that works out for LBET!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 1115
Vettel says no news from him about a contract for at least two weeks:

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6143 ... _unlikely/

Which means the news will be AFTER Monza, which is highly unusual.

Ferrari loves to announce it's drivers at the Monza weekend, and this year, with a title fight going on, I would think doubly so.



The only year from the past decade or so I can remember, where Ferrari didn't announce their line-up before, or at Monza, was at the end of 2014. When Alonso left.


This really seems to me like Vettel going for Mercedes, but delaying his announcement to either leave Ferrari, or sign for only one year (both those moves show his lack of faith in Ferrari) so that his title run isn't derailed somehow. I am very intrigued here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Multi69 wrote:
Great play by Ferrari to get Kimi putting more pressure on Vettel.

I think that's more a condition of Vettel's contract, he wants Kimi to stay after all so I fail to see that as putting pressure on him more like look we've done as you asked now will you please sign the contract.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
But nevertheless it is still a non-disputable fact.

Answering both your posts it's no fact whatsoever in respect to Hamilton retiring in the next year or two.

If there is even the slightest chance of it, then it is by definition a fact that he may retire. Why are you arguing this? Are you saying it´s scientifically impossible?

I´m done banging my head against a brick wall.

Were is the back ground of evidence that supports that this might happen, it's just a nonsense statement.


I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
LBET wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Hamilton might retire at the end of 2017.

That is obviously a factual statement.


"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

Now there's the word speculation, however the widespread bit is somewhat missing.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Multi69 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Now don't you go applying logic to their fun, Ob1. It is so much better for some to think that Vettel calls all the shots as to his teammate is to be, That Ferrari doesn't care about the WCC, that Ferrari always has a contracted #2, and that only Ferrari has ever used team orders....
;)

And there ain't no changin' minds!


Ferrari have the money buy out anyone's contract and no one would say no to driving for them except probably Hamilton.

Dude, of course they want him to be successful, but come on. Kimi isn't as fast as Vettel and not nearly as consistent, so why haven't they replaced him?

Indeed Marchionne himself has said that sometimes Kimi can be a bit of a laggard whilst rumours say that Vettel has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Covalent wrote:
LBET wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Hamilton might retire at the end of 2017.

That is obviously a factual statement.


"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

If the two scenarios are comparable then I take it you'll accept my wager that Hamilton will retire before the space aliens come? How much are we betting?

How about a different bet that Hamilton retires at the end of this year or next year?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Nebraska, USA
pokerman wrote:
Multi69 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Now don't you go applying logic to their fun, Ob1. It is so much better for some to think that Vettel calls all the shots as to his teammate is to be, That Ferrari doesn't care about the WCC, that Ferrari always has a contracted #2, and that only Ferrari has ever used team orders....
;)

And there ain't no changin' minds!


Ferrari have the money buy out anyone's contract and no one would say no to driving for them except probably Hamilton.

Dude, of course they want him to be successful, but come on. Kimi isn't as fast as Vettel and not nearly as consistent, so why haven't they replaced him?

Indeed Marchionne himself has said that sometimes Kimi can be a bit of a laggard whilst rumours say that Vettel has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year.


Yet more baloney....

So now it is the RUMOUR that Vettel who's contract has yet to be announced at Ferrari ... has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year. Just once, could you actually show some proof of your rumours? I have yet to see anyone say that it is in Vettel's contract, yet you spout this kind of stuff repeatedly. I swear that some here just throw out whatever they want to make people believe and call it a "rumour" to protect themselves

Do you honestly believe that Ferrari would put it in Vettel's contract that Kimi has to be hired? Seriously? What am I saying, of course you do. Hell, poker, you could not even accept that a poster said that Lewis COULD (as opposed to would) retire early without dragging it through pages and pages and pages, arguing that it is FACT that Lewis will not retire early... yet you don't hesitate to throw out some "rumour" about Seb's contract that you cannot begin to back-up at this point.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Last edited by Blake on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Nebraska, USA
pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
If there is even the slightest chance of it, then it is by definition a fact that he may retire. Why are you arguing this? Are you saying it´s scientifically impossible?

I´m done banging my head against a brick wall.

Were is the back ground of evidence that supports that this might happen, it's just a nonsense statement.


I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.


A simple word that you seem to having trouble grasping, poker. FACT

It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4431
Location: Michigan, USA
Blake wrote:
It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

Beats me. I'm as dedicated of a McLaren fan as they come, and I wouldn't even argue that strenuously if someone said Macca might quit F1 and go to IndyCar at the end of 2017. It's a pretty slim possibility, but it still could happen.

Somehow, poker seems to take it as an attack on Lewis' character that he might retire before he's old. I can only assume it's because that's what Rosberg did, and he (like most Lewis fans) despises Nico so much he can't stomach the idea of his driver doing something Rosberg did.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12307
Exediron wrote:
Blake wrote:
It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

Beats me. I'm as dedicated of a McLaren fan as they come, and I wouldn't even argue that strenuously if someone said Macca might quit F1 and go to IndyCar at the end of 2017. It's a pretty slim possibility, but it still could happen.

Somehow, poker seems to take it as an attack on Lewis' character that he might retire before he's old. I can only assume it's because that's what Rosberg did, and he (like most Lewis fans) despises Nico so much he can't stomach the idea of his driver doing something Rosberg did.


Poker is usually very complementary of Rosberg.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 8865
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
LBET wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Hamilton might retire at the end of 2017.

That is obviously a factual statement.


"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

If the two scenarios are comparable then I take it you'll accept my wager that Hamilton will retire before the space aliens come? How much are we betting?

How about a different bet that Hamilton retires at the end of this year or next year?

In reality I'd give it a 20% chance but since you seem to think it an impossibility you'll have no problem accepting the bet with 1 000 000 / 1 odds? In that case I'm in.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12307
Rumours of Hamilton's impending retirement gather momentum...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13137 ... berg-drama


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 2641
pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Answering both your posts it's no fact whatsoever in respect to Hamilton retiring in the next year or two.

If there is even the slightest chance of it, then it is by definition a fact that he may retire. Why are you arguing this? Are you saying it´s scientifically impossible?

I´m done banging my head against a brick wall.

Were is the back ground of evidence that supports that this might happen, it's just a nonsense statement.


I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.


Nico Rosberg signed a contract extension less than five months before he retired. He said nothing to suggest he was going to retire. There were no rumours that he would retire.

I'm starting to believe you're just arguing this for the sake of arguing.

_________________
Cheering for: Massa, Hulkenberg, Vandoorne
Pick 10 | 1 win, 8 podiums
2017: 7th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:33 am
Posts: 178
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Gee, looks like I'm late for the party!

For all of you wanting pokerman to admit Hamilton COULD retire next year, Why? Obviously it's His opinion that that is improbable, I dunno, I just think let his opinion be his and let yours be yours.

Anyway onto mine....

I could see Hamilton retiring to move on although I think we'd all agree here in saying the sport would be much poorer without him.
And I don't even like him. But he's talented as hell plus Him and Vettel going at it hammer and tongs this year has made it more interesting than the last few years of Merc 1-2 pretty much every race.

Now, if only Ferrari hadn't re-signed Kimi... :?

_________________
Any and all opinions are my own, they do not reflect the opinions of the FIA, FOM, Teams, Drivers, PlanetF1, Phase of the Moon, Rotation of the Earth or Aliens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 97
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rumours of Hamilton's impending retirement gather momentum...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13137 ... berg-drama



Well, that could be an interpretation of a journalist, who is hunting for clicks for the article.
But actually it says nothing new.
Mercedes team could have had this approach at the very beginning of year and then it would have seemed very normal approach. No conspiracy or possible retirement / moving to another team thing would have added. All teams should have their plan a,b,c-s thought out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
Blake wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Multi69 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Now don't you go applying logic to their fun, Ob1. It is so much better for some to think that Vettel calls all the shots as to his teammate is to be, That Ferrari doesn't care about the WCC, that Ferrari always has a contracted #2, and that only Ferrari has ever used team orders....
;)

And there ain't no changin' minds!


Ferrari have the money buy out anyone's contract and no one would say no to driving for them except probably Hamilton.

Dude, of course they want him to be successful, but come on. Kimi isn't as fast as Vettel and not nearly as consistent, so why haven't they replaced him?

Indeed Marchionne himself has said that sometimes Kimi can be a bit of a laggard whilst rumours say that Vettel has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year.


Yet more baloney....

So now it is the RUMOUR that Vettel who's contract has yet to be announced at Ferrari ... has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year. Just once, could you actually show some proof of your rumours? I have yet to see anyone say that it is in Vettel's contract, yet you spout this kind of stuff repeatedly. I swear that some here just throw out whatever they want to make people believe and call it a "rumour" to protect themselves

Do you honestly believe that Ferrari would put it in Vettel's contract that Kimi has to be hired? Seriously? What am I saying, of course you do. Hell, poker, you could not even accept that a poster said that Lewis COULD (as opposed to would) retire early without dragging it through pages and pages and pages, arguing that it is FACT that Lewis will not retire early... yet you don't hesitate to throw out some "rumour" about Seb's contract that you cannot begin to back-up at this point.

I know, oh the irony!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
jasonthebadger wrote:
Gee, looks like I'm late for the party!

For all of you wanting pokerman to admit Hamilton COULD retire next year, Why? Obviously it's His opinion that that is improbable, I dunno, I just think let his opinion be his and let yours be yours.

Anyway onto mine....

I could see Hamilton retiring to move on although I think we'd all agree here in saying the sport would be much poorer without him.
And I don't even like him. But he's talented as hell plus Him and Vettel going at it hammer and tongs this year has made it more interesting than the last few years of Merc 1-2 pretty much every race.

Now, if only Ferrari hadn't re-signed Kimi... :?


Ah, the lawyer is here!

It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.

You don't put your opinion out and then close your ears going "lalalalala, I'm not listening". Then you are not in a forum to discuss


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:33 am
Posts: 178
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Siao7 wrote:
It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.


Chatting about the topic is fine, Disagreeing with another persons opinion is fine, People harassing one user because he won't admit something is just childish.

EDIT: In my opinion, of course 8)

_________________
Any and all opinions are my own, they do not reflect the opinions of the FIA, FOM, Teams, Drivers, PlanetF1, Phase of the Moon, Rotation of the Earth or Aliens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
jasonthebadger wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.


Chatting about the topic is fine, Disagreeing with another persons opinion is fine, People harassing one user because he won't admit something is just childish.

EDIT: In my opinion, of course 8)


I think harassing is maybe a tad harsh here. I bet pokerman would have reported the posts harassing him to the mods, as he should. If a lot of people disagree with his opinion then it probably means that he is wrong, not that people are ganging up on him, harassing him.

Out of interest, say for example you have someone telling everyone that he is superman. If people call his cr*p, is that harassing? Do you have to accept any opinion, even absurd ones, just because it is someone's opinion? Is it that you don't want to hurt their feelings?


And if you think that this was harassing, you should have met Eurytus...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6723
jasonthebadger wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.


Chatting about the topic is fine, Disagreeing with another persons opinion is fine, People harassing one user because he won't admit something is just childish.

EDIT: In my opinion, of course 8)

That's not the way it was though. pokerman was the one who took issue with an off the cuff joke remark about Hamilton announcing his retirement and throwing the whole silly season on its head.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Blake wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Multi69 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Now don't you go applying logic to their fun, Ob1. It is so much better for some to think that Vettel calls all the shots as to his teammate is to be, That Ferrari doesn't care about the WCC, that Ferrari always has a contracted #2, and that only Ferrari has ever used team orders....
;)

And there ain't no changin' minds!


Ferrari have the money buy out anyone's contract and no one would say no to driving for them except probably Hamilton.

Dude, of course they want him to be successful, but come on. Kimi isn't as fast as Vettel and not nearly as consistent, so why haven't they replaced him?

Indeed Marchionne himself has said that sometimes Kimi can be a bit of a laggard whilst rumours say that Vettel has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year.


Yet more baloney....

So now it is the RUMOUR that Vettel who's contract has yet to be announced at Ferrari ... has it in his contract that Kimi stays for 1 more year. Just once, could you actually show some proof of your rumours? I have yet to see anyone say that it is in Vettel's contract, yet you spout this kind of stuff repeatedly. I swear that some here just throw out whatever they want to make people believe and call it a "rumour" to protect themselves

Do you honestly believe that Ferrari would put it in Vettel's contract that Kimi has to be hired? Seriously? What am I saying, of course you do. Hell, poker, you could not even accept that a poster said that Lewis COULD (as opposed to would) retire early without dragging it through pages and pages and pages, arguing that it is FACT that Lewis will not retire early... yet you don't hesitate to throw out some "rumour" about Seb's contract that you cannot begin to back-up at this point.

This is what is being said in the paddock, I just don't come on here to make things up as opposed to saying that Hamilton may retire soon which basically has no substance.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Blake wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
If there is even the slightest chance of it, then it is by definition a fact that he may retire. Why are you arguing this? Are you saying it´s scientifically impossible?

I´m done banging my head against a brick wall.

Were is the back ground of evidence that supports that this might happen, it's just a nonsense statement.


I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.


A simple word that you seem to having trouble grasping, poker. FACT

It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

Were is the paddock gossip that this indeed might happen, otherwise it's just nonsense.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Exediron wrote:
Blake wrote:
It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

Beats me. I'm as dedicated of a McLaren fan as they come, and I wouldn't even argue that strenuously if someone said Macca might quit F1 and go to IndyCar at the end of 2017. It's a pretty slim possibility, but it still could happen.

Somehow, poker seems to take it as an attack on Lewis' character that he might retire before he's old. I can only assume it's because that's what Rosberg did, and he (like most Lewis fans) despises Nico so much he can't stomach the idea of his driver doing something Rosberg did.

That is exactly what stupid about all of this because Rosberg retired early and because Hamilton was Rosberg's teammate then somehow Hamilton is prime to do the same, strange logic.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
LBET wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Hamilton might retire at the end of 2017.

That is obviously a factual statement.


"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

If the two scenarios are comparable then I take it you'll accept my wager that Hamilton will retire before the space aliens come? How much are we betting?

How about a different bet that Hamilton retires at the end of this year or next year?

In reality I'd give it a 20% chance but since you seem to think it an impossibility you'll have no problem accepting the bet with 1 000 000 / 1 odds? In that case I'm in.

20% chance would make the odds 5-1, however the odds you actually want shows perhaps you also believe it to be a load of baloney.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rumours of Hamilton's impending retirement gather momentum...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13137 ... berg-drama

That's it then rumour confirmed. ;)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
pokerman wrote:
Blake wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Were is the back ground of evidence that supports that this might happen, it's just a nonsense statement.


I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.


A simple word that you seem to having trouble grasping, poker. FACT

It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

Were is the paddock gossip that this indeed might happen, otherwise it's just nonsense.

Here jasonthebadger, read this:

Paddock gossip is the indicator of all truth otherwise it is nonsense.

:uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
If there is even the slightest chance of it, then it is by definition a fact that he may retire. Why are you arguing this? Are you saying it´s scientifically impossible?

I´m done banging my head against a brick wall.

Were is the back ground of evidence that supports that this might happen, it's just a nonsense statement.


I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.


Nico Rosberg signed a contract extension less than five months before he retired. He said nothing to suggest he was going to retire. There were no rumours that he would retire.

I'm starting to believe you're just arguing this for the sake of arguing.

No I'm wondering why Hamilton is singled out for retirement more than other drivers, this has been said quite a few times now in different threads.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
jasonthebadger wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.


Chatting about the topic is fine, Disagreeing with another persons opinion is fine, People harassing one user because he won't admit something is just childish.

EDIT: In my opinion, of course 8)

That's not the way it was though. pokerman was the one who took issue with an off the cuff joke remark about Hamilton announcing his retirement and throwing the whole silly season on its head.

Oh so now it wasn't a serious post?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Blake wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. For a start, at this point in the season last year where was the background of evidence to suggest Nico Rosberg would retire at the end of the year? Simple answer: there was none. Zero. Nothing at all. There wasn't even any the day after he'd won the WDC. So to say it is a nonsense statement because there is no evidence is, well, a nonsense statement. Congratulations on defeating your own argument there!

And since I can already guess how you're going to try and twist that, the fact that I'm referring to Rosberg's retirement isn't me saying "Nico did it, therefore Lewis is going to retire for the same reason". The point everyone else is trying to make is that it is a fact that a driver can suddenly opt to retire. There does not need to be any evidence, speculation, justification or reasoning to support that. And nobody is saying it is a fact Lewis is going to retire; we are saying it is a fact that Lewis could suddenly choose to retire. Literally the only person who could argue that being a fact is Lewis himself, so unless you are actually Lewis Hamilton, it is impossible for you to argue that fact.

p.s. if you are actually Lewis Hamilton, how come you don't always pick yourself to finish 1st in the Pick 10 competition?!

Did you not read Hamilton's latest statement about his future F1 plans that I posted in this thread that did not mention retirement, without specific rumours eminating that it might happen in the near future then such a statement carries no weight whatsoever.

It's not the first or even second time I've had to read this and I'm perplexed why people believe this might happen.


A simple word that you seem to having trouble grasping, poker. FACT

It is, however, a fact that Lewis COULD retire early... it s not a fact that he will, and as far as I know of no one saying that he will, only that he could. Why is this so difficult for you?

Were is the paddock gossip that this indeed might happen, otherwise it's just nonsense.

Here jasonthebadger, read this:

Paddock gossip is the indicator of all truth otherwise it is nonsense.

:uhoh:

I think they are more clued up than posters on here, after all they do earn their living from the sport, is this not were we get sources of information from?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
pokerman wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
jasonthebadger wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.


Chatting about the topic is fine, Disagreeing with another persons opinion is fine, People harassing one user because he won't admit something is just childish.

EDIT: In my opinion, of course 8)

That's not the way it was though. pokerman was the one who took issue with an off the cuff joke remark about Hamilton announcing his retirement and throwing the whole silly season on its head.

Oh so now it wasn't a serious post?



No it wasn't. Let me refresh your memory:

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
That Sainz rumour actually makes a lot of sense, although that then ignores the other Renault/Honda/Toro Rosso rumour that Renault would allow Toro Rosso to break their contract with them in return for Honda allowing McLaren to end their partnership early so Renault can power McLaren! Might not be much of a silly season at the front of the grid but the midfield silly season is more than making up for it.

And, of course, all of that would be moot if Renault end up bringing back Kubica, as that would end the possibility of either Sainz or Ocon partnering Hulkenberg next year. And that would then leave Mercedes in a really tough spot to find a seat for Wehrlein. Your point re: Williams/Martini is very valid and one I had forgotten about completely, and if Sauber isn't an option it's hard to see where he would fit into it all.

I'm still waiting for it to turn out that Lewis is actually going to retire at the end of the season, and that to turn everything on its head!


This is the post you took offence to. And it is a slapstick comment at the very end of it. As in, imagine after all the speculations of the previous page, if Hamilton retires then everything is turned on its head!

You went on the Balloteli offence, "why is it always me", where you can change the "me" with "Lewis". Why do people always think Lewis will retire? In fact no one said it seriously.

Ignoring of course the fact that for the few pages before that comment the thread was discussing Kimi's retirement!!!


Look, the way you defend every little comment about Hamilton, you give the impression that you are Lewis's biggest fan, or Lewis himself. It seriously puts a stop to any proper conversation with you if you get red mist every time someone talks in any negative way about Lewis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 23760
Siao7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
jasonthebadger wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
It is his opinion of course. Which is posted in a chat room. So you put forward your opinion and we chat about it. This is how it works.


Chatting about the topic is fine, Disagreeing with another persons opinion is fine, People harassing one user because he won't admit something is just childish.

EDIT: In my opinion, of course 8)

That's not the way it was though. pokerman was the one who took issue with an off the cuff joke remark about Hamilton announcing his retirement and throwing the whole silly season on its head.

Oh so now it wasn't a serious post?



No it wasn't. Let me refresh your memory:

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
That Sainz rumour actually makes a lot of sense, although that then ignores the other Renault/Honda/Toro Rosso rumour that Renault would allow Toro Rosso to break their contract with them in return for Honda allowing McLaren to end their partnership early so Renault can power McLaren! Might not be much of a silly season at the front of the grid but the midfield silly season is more than making up for it.

And, of course, all of that would be moot if Renault end up bringing back Kubica, as that would end the possibility of either Sainz or Ocon partnering Hulkenberg next year. And that would then leave Mercedes in a really tough spot to find a seat for Wehrlein. Your point re: Williams/Martini is very valid and one I had forgotten about completely, and if Sauber isn't an option it's hard to see where he would fit into it all.

I'm still waiting for it to turn out that Lewis is actually going to retire at the end of the season, and that to turn everything on its head!


This is the post you took offence to. And it is a slapstick comment at the very end of it. As in, imagine after all the speculations of the previous page, if Hamilton retires then everything is turned on its head!

You went on the Balloteli offence, "why is it always me", where you can change the "me" with "Lewis". Why do people always think Lewis will retire? In fact no one said it seriously.

Ignoring of course the fact that for the few pages before that comment the thread was discussing Kimi's retirement!!!


Look, the way you defend every little comment about Hamilton, you give the impression that you are Lewis's biggest fan, or Lewis himself. It seriously puts a stop to any proper conversation with you if you get red mist every time someone talks in any negative way about Lewis.

I find it hard to debate on things that have little substance and basically are just made up, regarding Kimi I believe that would be more to him being sacked than actually retiring, Kimi obviously hasn't shown any inkling to retire.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 15th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 5330
pokerman wrote:
I find it hard to debate on things that have little substance and basically are just made up, regarding Kimi I believe that would be more to him being sacked than actually retiring, Kimi obviously hasn't shown any inkling to retire.


Ok, you ignore my point that it was a slapstick comment for fun and the rest of my post. Fine, I understand, no one likes being called out.

What about articles like this:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/ ... ompetition

From skysports, not from a fan's website.

Coulthard has also said it as far back as March:

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/0 ... id-season/

Do you still think there is little substance? Isn't this the gossip from the paddock that you were after?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 8865
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
LBET wrote:

"I wish I may I wish I might"
It's also factual that space aliens from planet x might visit spa on the weekend...
One of them may drive for McLaren next year.

I think that horse is named Speculation.
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun

The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

If the two scenarios are comparable then I take it you'll accept my wager that Hamilton will retire before the space aliens come? How much are we betting?

How about a different bet that Hamilton retires at the end of this year or next year?

In reality I'd give it a 20% chance but since you seem to think it an impossibility you'll have no problem accepting the bet with 1 000 000 / 1 odds? In that case I'm in.

20% chance would make the odds 5-1, however the odds you actually want shows perhaps you also believe it to be a load of baloney.

So what odds are you giving it? Anything over 0 means it's possible and you've talked crap this entire time, and if it indeed is 0% chance of him retiring you shouldn't have any problems accepting the 1000000/1 wager as it's risk free income for you?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 1602
pokerman wrote:
Multi69 wrote:
Great play by Ferrari to get Kimi putting more pressure on Vettel.

I think that's more a condition of Vettel's contract, he wants Kimi to stay after all so I fail to see that as putting pressure on him more like look we've done as you asked now will you please sign the contract.


:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], P-F1 Mod, RaggedMan, SmoothRide, wolfticket and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group