It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm 

Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:
Fiki wrote:
This being a thread on FIA double standards, I have to admit I failed (and still fail) to understand why Vettel didn't get a penalty. A failed overtake attempt should not end up succeeding, because the opponent elects to continue racing, rather than have an accident.
I know Max turned the tables on him, and rightly so. But Vettel still made a serious mistake there, and it went unnoticed, or somebody turned a blind eye.

You must have watched a different race.

Are you sure you remember the right race? What Fiki said absolutely happened. You can watch it here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcGdF3KhPE

13-15 seconds in shows Verstappen being run off the track by Vettel. At 16 seconds it shows Vettel has run Verstappen so far off he has left the track himself.

Where you quoted he wasn't four wheels of the track, I wonder how Max thought he was going to make the corner.
Rockie, I have to say I'm not sure I can follow what you are talking about here. What Mikey wrote, between seconds 13 to 15 that clip DOES show Vettel leaving the track with all four wheels. The kerbs don't start on the inside of the white line, they are on the outside. Always.

If you're not convinced, look at the helicopter shots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmrVkQbVdrA
At second 7, he is off the track with all four wheels, and has driven Verstappen off. In fact, he even hits him with his front wheel.

Max driving towards where Vettel was going to end up, this camera angle even shows why he was in the wrong pushing Vettel off there.

I wonder where you expected Vettel to go? Or show another clip where a different driver left a cars width going through that corner.

It's the let off that allowed his brain fade moment at Hungary going for a corner he his never going to make.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 pm 

Rockie wrote:

Max driving towards where Vettel was going to end up, this camera angle even shows why he was in the wrong pushing Vettel off there.

I wonder where you expected Vettel to go? Or show another clip where a different driver left a cars width going through that corner.

It's the let off that allowed his brain fade moment at Hungary going for a corner he his never going to make.

I don't understand what you have written at all. You know Vettel drives the red car that was on the inside as he pushed Verstappen off the track through Stowe? Verstappen did retaliate but honestly, with the example Vettel set who could blame him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:06 am 

Rockie wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:
You must have watched a different race.

Are you sure you remember the right race? What Fiki said absolutely happened. You can watch it here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcGdF3KhPE

13-15 seconds in shows Verstappen being run off the track by Vettel. At 16 seconds it shows Vettel has run Verstappen so far off he has left the track himself.

Where you quoted he wasn't four wheels of the track, I wonder how Max thought he was going to make the corner.
Rockie, I have to say I'm not sure I can follow what you are talking about here. What Mikey wrote, between seconds 13 to 15 that clip DOES show Vettel leaving the track with all four wheels. The kerbs don't start on the inside of the white line, they are on the outside. Always.

If you're not convinced, look at the helicopter shots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmrVkQbVdrA
At second 7, he is off the track with all four wheels, and has driven Verstappen off. In fact, he even hits him with his front wheel.

Rockie, I think you are focusing on the retaliation by Max at the Vale-Club corners. What we were discussing is the incident at Stowe corner, where Max Verstappen left Sebastian Vettel a car's width of space, but was driven completely off the track, with Vettel following him off the track. Since leaving the track without good reason is not allowed, I am still surprised Vettel wasn't given a penalty.

I'm not sure whether Vettel later on also ran Bottas off the track, when Bottas was trying to overtake round the outside at Stowe, but it would he did.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:16 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

I don't understand what you have written at all. You know Vettel drives the red car that was on the inside as he pushed Verstappen off the track through Stowe? Verstappen did retaliate but honestly, with the example Vettel set who could blame him.

It's in english, if you don't understand it translate it to your local dialect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:21 pm 

Fiki wrote:
Rockie, I think you are focusing on the retaliation by Max at the Vale-Club corners. What we were discussing is the incident at Stowe corner, where Max Verstappen left Sebastian Vettel a car's width of space, but was driven completely off the track, with Vettel following him off the track. Since leaving the track without good reason is not allowed, I am still surprised Vettel wasn't given a penalty.

I'm not sure whether Vettel later on also ran Bottas off the track, when Bottas was trying to overtake round the outside at Stowe, but it would he did.

I'm not focusing on that he was overtaken then decided to go around the outside knowing full well that's where Vettel is going to end.

What he did to Vettel was because he knew Vettel was not going to turn in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm 

Rockie wrote:
Fiki wrote:

I'm not focusing on that he was overtaken then decided to go around the outside knowing full well that's where Vettel is going to end.

What he did to Vettel was because he knew Vettel was not going to turn in.

Should Vettel end up pushing someone off the track during an overtaking move? You know this doesn't have to be so difficult.

Vettel either did exactly what you're accusing Verstappen of or deliberately pushed a competitor off the track. Which do you think it was?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:20 pm 

Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

I just did and it still doesn't make any sense at all! :lol:

Rockie, my best guess is that you believe the driver on the inside has the right to run the one on the outside off the track. He doesn't, but it is a widely held opinion. Other than that, I'm lost as to why you don't get it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm 

Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

Rockie, my best guess is that you believe the driver on the inside has the right to run the one on the outside off the track. He doesn't, but it is a widely held opinion. Other than that, I'm lost as to why you don't get it.

Given that the stewards have on many occasions not punished drivers who ran other drivers off the track, the widely held opinion seems to extend to some of the stewards.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm 

babararacucudada wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

Given that the stewards have on many occasions not punished drivers who ran other drivers off the track, the widely held opinion seems to extend to some of the stewards.

Then why is Rockie complaining about Verstappen pushing Vettel off the track a corner later?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm 

Double standards? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm 

babararacucudada wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

I'm afraid it does, Baba.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:46 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:

Then why is Rockie complaining about Verstappen pushing Vettel off the track a corner later?

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Double standards? :lol:
:lol:

Oh man, oh man, this made my day!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 am 

mikeyg123 wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
[quote="mikeyg123]

I don't understand what you have written at all. You know Vettel drives the red car that was on the inside as he pushed Verstappen off the track through Stowe? Verstappen did retaliate but honestly, with the example Vettel set who could blame him.[/quote]

It's in english, if you don't understand it translate it to your local dialect.[/quote]I just did and it still doesn't make any sense at all! :lol:

Rockie, my best guess is that you believe the driver on the inside has the right to run the one on the outside off the track. He doesn't, but it is a widely held opinion. Other than that, I'm lost as to why you don't get it.[/quote]

Given that the stewards have on many occasions not punished drivers who ran other drivers off the track, the widely held opinion seems to extend to some of the stewards.[/quote]

Then why is Rockie complaining about Verstappen pushing Vettel off the track a corner later?[/quote]

It could be argued that Verstappen ran Vettel off the track on the inside?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:42 am 

babararacucudada wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Rockie wrote:
[quote="mikeyg123]

I don't understand what you have written at all. You know Vettel drives the red car that was on the inside as he pushed Verstappen off the track through Stowe? Verstappen did retaliate but honestly, with the example Vettel set who could blame him.[/quote]

It's in english, if you don't understand it translate it to your local dialect.[/quote]I just did and it still doesn't make any sense at all! :lol:

Rockie, my best guess is that you believe the driver on the inside has the right to run the one on the outside off the track. He doesn't, but it is a widely held opinion. Other than that, I'm lost as to why you don't get it.[/quote]

Given that the stewards have on many occasions not punished drivers who ran other drivers off the track, the widely held opinion seems to extend to some of the stewards.[/quote]

Then why is Rockie complaining about Verstappen pushing Vettel off the track a corner later?[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

It could be argued that Verstappen ran Vettel off the track on the inside?[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Not at Stowe :? He did at Club. I don't think anyone doubts that. Rockie seems to be in complete denial about the events leading up to that.