planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4803
Location: Mumbai, India
Here is the list:

1. Fernando Alonso / McLaren-Honda / $40million including bonuses
2. Lewis Hamilton / Mercedes / $31 million plus bonuses
3. Sebastian Vettel / Ferrari / $30 million plus bonuses
4. Valtteri Bottas / Mercedes / $8.5 million including bonuses
5. Kimi Raikkonen / Ferrari / $7 million plus bonuses
6. Daniel Ricciardo / Red Bull Racing / $6.5 million plus bonuses
7. Felipe Massa / Williams / $5 million
8. Max Verstappen / Red Bull Racing / $3 million plus bonuses
= Nico Hulkenberg / Renault / $3 million
10. Sergio Perez / Force India / $2.5 million
11. Romain Grosjean / Haas / $1.5 million
12. Kevin Magnussen / Haas / $1 million
= Jolyon Palmer / Renault / $1 million
14. Daniil Kvyat / Toro Rosso / $750,000
= Carlos Sainz / Toro Rosso / $750,000
16. Stoffel Vandoorne / McLaren / $300,000 plus bonuses
17. Marcus Ericsson / Sauber / $285,000
18. Esteban Ocon / Force India / $185,000
19. Pascal Wehrlein / Sauber / $150,000
20. Lance Stroll / Williams / Unknown

No wonder Alonso is sticking with McLaren.
Ocon is such a great bargain.

Source:
https://www.f1.co.uk/blogs/formula-1-f1-news/f1-2017-driver-salaries-who-is-paid-the-most/

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Last edited by UnlikeUday on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 1481
How reliable is this list? Why are some listed including bonuses, and others listed plus bonuses?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 968
How fortunate is it at 19 years old already a millionaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4803
Location: Mumbai, India
Ennis wrote:
How reliable is this list? Why are some listed including bonuses, and others listed plus bonuses?


Plus bonus would be when some targets are achieved.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 2790
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2979
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


I'm pretty sure it's effectively still his pocket money from his Dad but paid via Renault. :o

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 11445
Lotus49 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


I'm pretty sure it's effectively still his pocket money from his Dad but paid via Renault. :o


I don't think so. His dad is wealthy but not F1 wealthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2979
mikeyg123 wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


I'm pretty sure it's effectively still his pocket money from his Dad but paid via Renault. :o


I don't think so. His dad is wealthy but not F1 wealthy.


I thought Palmer snr had paid Renault 16m for the seat or am I on drugs?. :?

Maybe it was 6, I'll have a look but it was in a piece about getting rid of Palmer was too expensive and they'd lose all the perks Palmer snr had added to the package for the team personnel with track days,cars etc...

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 11445
Lotus49 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


I'm pretty sure it's effectively still his pocket money from his Dad but paid via Renault. :o


I don't think so. His dad is wealthy but not F1 wealthy.


I thought Palmer snr had paid Renault 16m for the seat or am I on drugs?. :?

Maybe it was 6, I'll have a look but it was in a piece about getting rid of Palmer was too expensive and they'd lose all the perks Palmer snr had added to the package for the team personnel with track days,cars etc...


No way could Palmer SR swing 16m for no return and I doubt 6. I no doubt believe Palmer SR has assisted with connections but he's not personally wealthy enough to be giving away millions of $$ or ££.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2979
Here's a different piece about Palmer paying 250.000 for every practice session in 2015...


Quote:
Around £250,000" was the price Jolyon Palmer paid for each of his 13 free-practice appearances over the course of the 2015 Formula One season, according to the Telegraph's Daniel Johnson.

When the British driver was announced as one of Renault's race drivers for 2016 last October, that £3.25 million—in addition to any extra funds he provided to initially join the team, then under the name of Lotus, as a reserve driver and then to secure his promotion to a full-time seat—seemed like money well spent.


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2627 ... -2-in-2016

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 2979
mikeyg123 wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


I'm pretty sure it's effectively still his pocket money from his Dad but paid via Renault. :o


I don't think so. His dad is wealthy but not F1 wealthy.


I thought Palmer snr had paid Renault 16m for the seat or am I on drugs?. :?

Maybe it was 6, I'll have a look but it was in a piece about getting rid of Palmer was too expensive and they'd lose all the perks Palmer snr had added to the package for the team personnel with track days,cars etc...


No way could Palmer SR swing 16m for no return and I doubt 6. I no doubt believe Palmer SR has assisted with connections but he's not personally wealthy enough to be giving away millions of $$ or ££.


I didn't think he had that much cash either but I definitely read it somewhere, not that it means it's true of course. But if the above is true and he paid over 3m for practice drives I can see 6m or 16m for a full time drive.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7269
When they say Palmer paid it, they probably mean that is what the team gained. Most of this would have been from sponsors, of which DR John would be only one. I believe (but not sure) ? BRDC Young driver award is also a sponsor and Renault themselves (obviously a different department ) and possibly prizes for some series wins elsewhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 21748
Lotus49 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Can someone put me in touch with the agent who secured $1 million for Jolyon Palmer? I've always wanted to race in Formula 1.


I'm pretty sure it's effectively still his pocket money from his Dad but paid via Renault. :o

Yeah Palmer pays to race so it's basically what his Dad/Sponsors give him, same for $tro££ but that just comes from his Dad.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 17th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 769
I saw a video somewhere that there were some reports of Strolls farther investing $35 million to the team for Stroll to drive for them. I wonder if this could mean Stroll could be getting a massive amount himself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 21748
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
I saw a video somewhere that there were some reports of Strolls farther investing $35 million to the team for Stroll to drive for them. I wonder if this could mean Stroll could be getting a massive amount himself.

What Stroll gets paid it's probably between himself and his Father and that's why it's a secret, I mean his Father is a Billionaire so what Stroll actually gets paid is perhaps irrelevant, he's rich already.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 17th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 8654
And here's the value for money table:

driver| salary (mil)| points| points/cost
Code:
Ocon   0.175   45   257.1428571
Sainz   0.75   35   46.66666667
Wehrlein   0.15   5   33.33333333
Perez   2.5   56   22.4
Verstappen   3   67   22.33333333
Bottas   8.5   169   19.88235294
Ricciardo   6.5   117   18
Räikkönen   7   116   16.57142857
Grosjean   1.5   18   12
Magnussen   1   11   11
Hulkenbeg   3   26   8.666666667
Vettel   30   202   6.733333333
Hamilton   31   188   6.064516129
Kvyat   0.75   4   5.333333333
Massa   5   23   4.6
Vandoorne   0.3   1   3.333333333
Alonso   40   10   0.25
Palmer   1   0   0
Ericsson   0.285   0   0

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:08 am
Posts: 139
Covalent wrote:
And here's the value for money table:

driver| salary (mil)| points| points/cost
Code:
Ocon   0.175   45   257.1428571
Sainz   0.75   35   46.66666667
Wehrlein   0.15   5   33.33333333
Perez   2.5   56   22.4
Verstappen   3   67   22.33333333
Bottas   8.5   169   19.88235294
Ricciardo   6.5   117   18
Räikkönen   7   116   16.57142857
Grosjean   1.5   18   12
Magnussen   1   11   11
Hulkenbeg   3   26   8.666666667
Vettel   30   202   6.733333333
Hamilton   31   188   6.064516129
Kvyat   0.75   4   5.333333333
Massa   5   23   4.6
Vandoorne   0.3   1   3.333333333
Alonso   40   10   0.25
Palmer   1   0   0
Ericsson   0.285   0   0


Decided to use your table to analyse how much teams were paying their drivers "per championship point"

EDIT: as we are only 55% of the way through the season i re-calculated the values to show Salary x (.55) / Current points
Ocon:................. $2,138 PP (per point)
Sainz :................ $11,785 PP
Wehrlein:............ $16,500 PP
Perez:................. $24,453 PP
Verstappen:........ $24,626 PP
Bottas:................ $27,662 PP
Ricciardo:........... $30,555 PP
Raikkonen:......... $33,189 PP
Grosjean:........... $45,833 PP
Magnussen:....... $49,999 PP
Hulkenberg:...... $63,461 PP
Vettel:............... $81,682 PP
Hamilton:.......... $90,691 PP
Kvyat:............... $103,125 PP
Massa:............. $119,525 PP
Vandoorne:...... $165,000 PP
Alonso:............ $2,200,000 PP !


Ericsson: N/A . (156,750)
Palmer: N/A. (550,000)

2nd EDIT: Thought why not put it into a teams table as well :D

Force India: .... $26,591 PP
Red Bull:......... $55,181 PP
HAAS:............. $95,832 PP
Ferrari:........... $114,871 PP
Toro Rosso:... $114,910 PP
Mercedes:...... $118,353 PP
Sauber:.......... $173,250 PP
Renault:......... $613,461 PP
McLaren:........ $2,365,000 PP

William N/A No Stroll info.

So FI paying their drivers under half as much per point to their nearest rivals :thumbup:
Merc and Ferrari quite close, Redbull getting value for money.
Once (if) Palmer and Erisson get some points they should slide dramatically down that table.

_________________
1996 and Onwards
Ricciardo .:. Massa .:. Alonso .:. Sainz .:. Ocon


Last edited by DirtyMike on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 4803
Location: Mumbai, India
Ocon is surely delivering. For the salary he takes, he's quite a bargain.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am
Posts: 2372
UnlikeUday wrote:
Ocon is surely delivering. For the salary he takes, he's quite a bargain.
Someone must be due a pay rise..!
Coupled with Perez, Force India is, by a margin, the most value-for-money team in terms of driver salary for points. It reinforces what a good job this team does on limited resources.

_________________
Where I'm going, I don't need roads


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group