planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:57 pm 

MasterRacer must be so excited for his first day at school tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:58 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Hamilton deserved to be booed with his comments about Mercedes power over Ferrari.

He said it because he was booed.

Bye bye!

I doubt the FIA will accept that as an excuse. He could have started an ugly bloody and brutal riot.

Drivers have a contractual responsibility to behave themselves.

Rubbish, name one occasion when there has been any sort of violence between fans at an F1 meet. That really is a stupid comment!

Well I can't remember a single other driver taking a huge steaming dump on Ferrari in their own back garden, not the way Hamilton just did. It was crass and classless. He won the race, there was no need to insult Ferrari like that in Italy.

Banana Man wrote:

Low punch, mate. No need to bring things on personal level.

flyboy10 wrote:
Isn't Singapore traditionally a bad circuit for the Mercedes?

shhhhhh the sky is falling, it's the end times, all hope is lost.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:02 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Low punch, mate. No need to bring things on personal level.

Not a punch, I'm excited for the wee lad. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:07 pm 

Clarky wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Finding F1 stats online is usually quite easy, but weirdly finding a list of the fastest F1 races in history is proving really difficult - this was 70 seconds slower than the record, but the Mercs were coasting for the final 2/3rds of the race - I'm curious where it slots in (is it in the top 10?), and where the times would have been had Ferrari been forcing them to run flat out to the flag.

It looks like Ferrari just went with too much downforce for this track, Red Bulls were fastest in the speed traps with a weaker engine and had a faster race car.

If they went with more downforce then their show in qualifying was even more abysmal.

I don't think you can judge Ferrari's qualifying as a representative showing. Something weird happened in full wet conditions to that car, they were competitive until full wets in Q3.

Probably something in the setup preventing the tyres from getting into the window properly. In any case it was clearly not representative of the pace of the car.

MasterRacer wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Hamilton deserved to be booed with his comments about Mercedes power over Ferrari.

Bye bye!

I doubt the FIA will accept that as an excuse. He could have started an ugly bloody and brutal riot.

Rubbish, name one occasion when there has been any sort of violence between fans at an F1 meet. That really is a stupid comment!

Well I can't remember a single other driver taking a huge steaming dump on Ferrari in their own back garden, not the way Hamilton just did. It was crass and classless. He won the race, there was no need to insult Ferrari like that in Italy.

Hahahahahahaha. IMO opinion if you can't take don't dish out.

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Bye bye!

Is he than any better than them?

Was what he said fact?

People dont like the truth.

The point is this. Hamilton is being booed because he is just beat a Ferrari driver. But than Lewis goes down on their level and says that Merecedes power is better than Ferrari power, and gets boo's again. If you go down on someone's level, than you are, in that regard, no better than the other party. That's my point. He should just cool it down, not being a provoking smarty. Vettel is handling the boo's perfectly, and so did Rosberg, too.

Exactly right. Hamilton was already the winner, he didn't need to provoke more anger and hostility by making dumb comments in front of a Ferrari home crowd.

This illustrates perfectly why Hamilton has a lot of haters. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it has everything to do with the way he behaves and handles himself in public.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:11 pm 

Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Bye bye!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Surely a joke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:12 pm 

Playing with the crowd, big deal. Who wants twenty odd PC F1 drivers who are boring. Imo I'd rather a few personalities in there, like someone to tell the race director to f off, oh wait wrong driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:15 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:

Exactly right. Hamilton was already the winner, he didn't need to provoke more anger and hostility by making dumb comments in front of a Ferrari home crowd.

This illustrates perfectly why Hamilton has a lot of haters. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it has everything to do with the way he behaves and handles himself in public.

Oh FFS, can't you just give it a break? I saw in an earlier post you say you are 41... I seriously doubt that.

Lewis was perfectly entitled to respond to the light hearted booing with a light hearted dig. Just because you have an irrational hatred of someone doesn't mean that everything they do is bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:18 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Bye bye!

Was what he said fact?

The point is this. Hamilton is being booed because he is just beat a Ferrari driver. But than Lewis goes down on their level and says that Merecedes power is better than Ferrari power, and gets boo's again. If you go down on someone's level, than you are, in that regard, no better than the other party. That's my point. He should just cool it down, not being a provoking smarty. Vettel is handling the boo's perfectly, and so did Rosberg, too.

Hamilton was booed as soon as his name was called out this was a while prior to his response.

His response was funny and true.

Last edited by Clarky on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:19 pm 

Nothing wrong with what Lewis said on the podium at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:23 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Bye bye!

I'm by no means a fan, i actually believe Hamilton fakes his personality most of the time and i cringe at most things he does and says outside of the car BUT what he did on the podium was completely fine. I actually respected him for it. They're giving him some flack, he gave them a little touch up back, it all ties in with the rivalry within the sport at this moment, was nothing more than a playful dig... i'm sure the crowd enjoyed it. Drivers showing REAL personality is definitely encouraged by me keep it up!

Last edited by DirtyMike on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Finding F1 stats online is usually quite easy, but weirdly finding a list of the fastest F1 races in history is proving really difficult - this was 70 seconds slower than the record, but the Mercs were coasting for the final 2/3rds of the race - I'm curious where it slots in (is it in the top 10?), and where the times would have been had Ferrari been forcing them to run flat out to the flag.

It looks like Ferrari just went with too much downforce for this track, Red Bulls were fastest in the speed traps with a weaker engine and had a faster race car.

It looked to me from qualifying as if Red Bull were running *inaudible* all rear wing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:34 pm 

GingerFurball wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

It looked to me from qualifying as if Red Bull were running *inaudible* all rear wing.

Yes, their rear wing was just there to provide the sponsorship logo and to give the person pushing the car to the grid something to hold onto.

But the point is, not only were they fastest in the speed traps, but they were faster in the race and faster in qualifying (in the rain, might I add, where extra downforce is usually helpful)

Therefore the only thing to conclude is that Ferrari must have had too much downforce, to the point that even in the wet, they weren't reaping the benefit of it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:37 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Oh FFS, can't you just give it a break? I saw in an earlier post you say you are 41... I seriously doubt that.

Lewis was perfectly entitled to respond to the light hearted booing with a light hearted dig. Just because you have an irrational hatred of someone doesn't mean that everything they do is bad.

I don't think everything Hamilton says or does is bad, but what he did today really angered me. I did not say one negative word about him until he decided to act like a brat on the podium. As far as I was concerned, he had done his job, won the race easily, and put himself in the lead of the championship. A good day for him. It's ashame he had to act like that in front of the TV cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:49 pm 

DirtyMike wrote:
Clarky wrote:
DirtyMike wrote:
Stroll saying he hoped Hamilton had a good start? Strange

I know he's REALLY young but he dosen't seem to have the natural 'racers' mindset and something he'll have to work hard on i think. Yet to see him make a big confident pass all year. There was at least 3 times he had Ocon lined up and braked SO SO early for the first corner when in my view could have slid down the inside?

Not strange at all.

Hamilton not having a great start meant Stroll had to back out and lose the place to Ocon.

Not the greatest mindset pre-race though, he should want to be in front at T1. He also could have easily kept 2nd if he didn't brake halfway to corner 1, but i'll cut him slack, it was his first front row start.

In addition to be aggressive, a racer also has to be a realist. Unless Hamilton really botches his start, a Williams doesn't stand a chance. Believe Stroll was miffed that Hamilton only had a so so start and thus his block slowed Stroll - if Stroll had moved left in response he would have taken out Ocon and himself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:59 pm 

Banana Man wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:03 pm 

Andy2402 wrote:
Playing with the crowd, big deal. Who wants twenty odd PC F1 drivers who are boring. Imo I'd rather a few personalities in there, like someone to tell the race director to f off, oh wait wrong driver

Lotus49 wrote:
Nothing wrong with what Lewis said on the podium at all.

:thumbup: nothing to see here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:04 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Bye bye!

Was what he said fact?

Poor, poor snowflake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:06 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Well said Ted. This snowflake act is getting old, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:37 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Saw this:

https://twitter.com/virtualstatman/stat ... 6140775424

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:44 pm 

Vettel had a problem with his steering wheel which was tiliting left in the final phase of the Grand Prix.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:47 pm 

As a Lewis fan, I expected that boo from the tifosi. Lewis took a big dump in Ferrari's backyard this weekend.
He broke their old idol's record of poles and thrashed their new idol taking the lead of the championship in the process 😊.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:59 pm 

Made me chuckle (source appears to be Facebook judging by the link, stole it myself from someone on Autosport)

I think after todays race we could put a second album together (Palmer Karma haha)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:03 pm 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... 48890/?s=1

"Usually that's something that's very clear in the rules: when two cars are side-by-side at the chicane and one gets to take it and one doesn't, you give back the position, but this time the FIA must have been having a Heineken."

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:07 pm 

F1_Ernie wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-palmer-monza-incident-heineken-948890/?s=1

"Usually that's something that's very clear in the rules: when two cars are side-by-side at the chicane and one gets to take it and one doesn't, you give back the position, but this time the FIA must have been having a Heineken."

:lol:

Consummate professional, even when having a whine about something he still managed to get the product placement in... got a feeling a crate or 2 of the stuff might turn up on his doorstep in the near future

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:32 pm 

I'm not a Lewis Hamilton fan, and I'd probably watch more religiously if he wasn't so dominant. That being said, his response to the boos was pretty funny and definitely a light-hearted jab. I'm pretty sure people here are making a bigger deal of it than the Italian crowd did. I like the fiery responses sometimes, keeps it refreshing.

As far as the race goes, I would've liked to see what Verstappen could've done if he didn't get tangled up on lap 1. He and Ricciardo did a damn fine job finishing 4th and 10th, respectively.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:34 pm 

dont know if this has been mentioned but ferrari seemed to be way down on power to merc at this race. it looks like the oil buring rules have hit them more as early in the season it seemed they were pretty evenly matched. that or merc have made a step. the way bottas breezed past kimi down to parabolica way more reminisent of 2015. hamilton is definately favorite now in my book.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 pm 

Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:
Alonso is a great driver, but from time to time his temper is ridiculous.

How well would Hamilton or Vettel act if they were flailing around in 15th place every single race?

They'd probably make sure their next career move was in their own best interest. Alonso needs to do the exact opposite of what he wants to do the next time he signs a contract. Oh and a better attitude would help.

Last edited by LBET on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:04 pm 

Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
dont know if this has been mentioned but ferrari seemed to be way down on power to merc at this race. it looks like the oil buring rules have hit them more as early in the season it seemed they were pretty evenly matched. that or merc have made a step. the way bottas breezed past kimi down to parabolica way more reminisent of 2015. hamilton is definately favorite now in my book.

Ferrari were free to burn as much oil as they did in Spa as they didn't introduce a new Spec. Has to be other reasons for the poor performance.

Mercedes have a new spec engine and some of Ferrari's toys have been taken away since Baku weekend but Spa was only a week ago remember where they looked just as quick in the race as Mercedes and Seb easily beat the Bulls.

Whatever this was must have been track/conditions/set up specific.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 pm 

LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

How well would Hamilton or Vettel act if they were flailing around in 15th place every single race?

They'd probably make sure their next career move was in their own best interest. Alonso need to do the exact opposite of what he wants to do the next time he signs a contract. Oh and a better attitude would help.

Help what?. It doesn't make your car go faster and he could have the best attitude on the grid and it won't help him get put alongside Seb or Lewis, he's too talented and that leads to headaches top teams don't want if they've already got the top talent already there.

With the absence of top tier talent a good attitude and ability to take a beating and smile can get you a good seat of course but if you're also a top tier talent it will get you nowhere but the lead role in another team rather than the chance of being put alongside another top tier talent in their team.

How often does that happen?. Only Red Bull by way of their junior programme paying off and forcing them to pit them together are the biggest team with equal(ish) talent.

The other 2 simply don't want to yet and won't until they can't beat another line up to the WCC (like Red Bull).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

I don't think everything Hamilton says or does is bad, but what he did today really angered me. I did not say one negative word about him until he decided to act like a brat on the podium. As far as I was concerned, he had done his job, won the race easily, and put himself in the lead of the championship. A good day for him. It's ashame he had to act like that in front of the TV cameras.

Oh, come on. I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but I fail to see what he did wrong here. It was a light hearted jab back at those who were booing him simply because he won. I thought he did quite well tbh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 pm 

F1_Ernie wrote:
Vettel had a problem with his steering wheel which was tiliting left in the final phase of the Grand Prix.

Again?!? Same as in Hungary. Strange that they did not sorted that out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:

Made me chuckle (source appears to be Facebook judging by the link, stole it myself from someone on Autosport)

I think after todays race we could put a second album together (Palmer Karma haha)

This is so funny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:17 pm 

Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Oh, come on. I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but I fail to see what he did wrong here. It was a light hearted jab back at those who were booing him simply because he won. I thought he did quite well tbh

It makes a change for us to completely agree on something Zoue :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:18 pm 

Why are some of you so obsessed with that Merc vs Ferrari power comment by Hamilton? I don't get it.

What about (while being booed):

Hamilton wrote:
I love it here in Italy and I love the passion of the fans, particularly the Ferrari fans - they are fantastic. This energy is like nowhere else we get to see, apart from maybe Silverstone. So I respect it and I appreciate it.

I think he behaved perfectly fine and one tongue in cheek comment (which I found amusing even though I wanted to see Ferrari win) doesn't invalidate that.

Last edited by zaar on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

They'd probably make sure their next career move was in their own best interest. Alonso need to do the exact opposite of what he wants to do the next time he signs a contract. Oh and a better attitude would help.

Help what?. It doesn't make your car go faster and he could have the best attitude on the grid and it won't help him get put alongside Seb or Lewis, he's too talented and that leads to headaches top teams don't want if they've already got the top talent already there.

With the absence of top tier talent a good attitude and ability to take a beating and smile can get you a good seat of course but if you're also a top tier talent it will get you nowhere but the lead role in another team rather than the chance of being put alongside another top tier talent in their team.

How often does that happen?. Only Red Bull by way of their junior programme paying off and forcing them to pit them together are the biggest team with equal(ish) talent.

The other 2 simply don't want to yet and won't until they can't beat another line up to the WCC (like Red Bull).

NO. It will help get you a good job. He can be a top talent AND have the right attitude, no? Repeatedly dumping on Ferrari after leaving and then pleading to go back when they're competitive I found shocking. His attitude is super unprofessional. Why on earth would they take him back. None of the top teams taking him is surely not because of his abilities to drive a car. Mercedes even flirted with Vettel (another top and very expensive even talent) and if we're to believe Lauda contemplated pairing him with Lewis.

A different top talent and Kimi and Valteri's seats were there to be had. I mean this guy has blackmailed his boss and ended up costing them 100 million USD and constructors points, totally dumped on his previous employer and is now doing the same to his current ones. At least be professional? His attitude is certainly NOT making the cars go faster.

Top talent though, no doubt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 pm 

Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Well I really hated it, and my opinion hasn't changed one iota some 8 hours later.